Is this the most pretentious show ever?

Is this the most pretentious show ever?
I mean up till episode 23 it was alright then the studio ran out of budget made to shit episodes and every one praises it like it is some sort of masterpiece.
The Director literally said he just used the symbolism because it "looked cool".
The only good thing that came out of this pretentious show was pic releated.

No, but probably the most famous one of the bunch.

doing it because it looks cool is the opposite of pretentious

Anno was a manic depressive during the second half of production. The writing took a huge shift and it's a good thing it turned out all right but it was mostly unintentional. Eva was a happy accident. The last 2 episodes were garbage placeholders for EoE.

EoE ending sucks dick and so does NGE's, the manga ending is the patrician choice

The thing about Eva is, it's beauitful aesthetically but the core plot is just generic teenage melodrama. Their take on "psychology" is just teenagers screaming. Which is a very generic and shallow way of portraying this type of thing. The main characters are redundant 98% with barely any character growth. It's just the same antics, same arguments, same monologues, beating you over the head of what their archetype is because it doesn't respect the viewer's intelligence.

Evangelion has the best OST and some of the best designs in all of anime, but I will always laugh at the piss poor writing and how tryhard it is.

i bet you enjoy the works of wes anderson

>Eva is pseudo intellectual garbage
In other news water is wet

But water isn't wet.
>Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'.

>He doesn't like Grand Budapest Hotel

Is this pasta ??

> it's another eva was 2deep4u and now u butthurt episode

SHHH, they can't hold on to anything else to call Eva pretentious.

What would you consider to be intellectual then?

>NGEfanbois

To be fair

>le reddit strawman

>rip off old mecha and sci-fi
>throw in waifus
>make MC depressed self insert
>throw in religious symbolism because you worship Devilman
>try to do the same plot points as works your admire, but end up half assing all of them
>run out of budget
>"congratulations"
SO DEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
BEST. ANIME. EVER.

So this is the power... of Anno. Woah....

Ohh Kaji san you are so BIG!~

why does neon genesis evangelion make today's teens so upset? the answer may surprise you

You have to have

o be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Evangelion. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Shinji's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from...

>Is this the most pretentious show ever?
Compared to what high quality non-pretentious series?

That guy who replied to himself lots of times is an enormous queer.

>Is this the most pretentious show ever?
No, that would be Tatami Galaxy or Ping Pong: The Animation.

is this the original guy
it's been three years autist

Both great shows

I would post images like the elevator scene or the great deconstructive scene (YES this scene is deconstructive) where Shinji lands on Rei's breasts. But you asswipes would just post "haha le pretentious lel decoonustruction ecksdee" so I won't. Fuck you