>if you kill a killer you are same as him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUcBmoTS7gg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meh

fuck off edgelord

>if your enemies kill you, you win

but that was the opposite of what he wanted

I hate this logic and people still use it unironically.

Grown ass man with childish morals. This is what you get when you spend years procrastinating. Reality hits you way too late.

>streaming

it explained in the manga that killing him would let his waifu down

normally those people are either insane or have a actual plan that happens when they get killed by certain people.

To Vash being a killer means everything he fought for since falling on the planet was pretty much for nothing, you know, the whole "you can save everybody, there's always a way". More than being as bad as Legato, that pretty much destroys him, the character he was playing until that very moment (the pacifist-who-never-kills-anyone gunslinger).

>if you kill a person who's a known sociopath responsible for the deaths of countless many and who will surely kill more if left alive you're just the same as him
damn... irrefutable logic...

So like half of population at least. They are ok if someone just kills them or their family because they at least dont seem morally bad.

the the other half are the people that kill others and their families

violence has a tendency to snowball in hilarious fashions. America uses logic like yours as their gospel then get surprised at all the mass shootings happening all throughout the year.

There is no logical algorithm. We should evaluate the situation and context but thats too hard for people. You dont go around killing people for stupid things but you wont let yourself killed or your family by some random retard because muh moral highground/

the logical thing is to have an effective law enforcement to take care of things and have the citizens trust their judgement

but we decided "let's make the average person in their infinite wisdom judge who lives or dies" and have the law enforcement act like the murderhobos in our cop shows.

>effective law enforcement
Currently impossible, technology still not capable to monitor everyone 24/7, act of self-defensive happen.

The worst part is that this line of logic is often brought up after the character has already mercilessly mowed through an army of mooks without a second thought in order to get to the big bad, and yet suddenly at the end and out of nowhere they start waxing philosophical about the ethical and moral conundrums of killing this one guy.

Like Jesus fucking Christ, you killed 500 dudes without thinking to get to this point, your hands are already covered in blood, just finish the fucking job.

Not if the government has anything to say about it!
At the end of the day law enforcement are individuals who act according to a code that may or may no be morally justified, they don't automatically have the moral high ground.

>those were mc's inner thoughts
>decides to pull the trigger
>gets stopped by the dumb tsundere main girl and his friends

Shut up, it's a good moral lesson for shounen manga readers.

You mean a worthless, shallow "moral lesson" that doesn't really teach anything.

Can't expect too much from shounen manga.

If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

Read the manga, Vash becomes fucking merciless.

this
amount of brain dead fuckers ITT is baffling

Vash should just rape Legato

Too edgy tbqh.

The story is meant to show that everything isn't always black and white. You can't save everyone unless you're willing to dirty your own hands.

You can't be naive enough to think pacifism works on someone hell bent on killing. Knives was right.

How utilitarian.

Fuck off Commissioner Gordon, you weeb.

No, you are not. The motivation differs. It's the same as saying that if you've used a guitar at some point in your life you're the same as Hendrix.

Thank you. It's not a moral lesson in this case, like this brainless tripfaggot seems to imply, insomuch as one of the (perfectly legitimate) challenges to Vash in particular's character.

More nuance Rem, "killing is baaaad" won't suffice.

What I hate is how it's always seen in such absolute extremes. To use the Joke example, why doesn't Batman kill him? Because he doesn't have to. Once the villain is defeated and incapacitated killing him is just a vigilante execution.

It would be one thing if it was the question of killing the Joker and letting an innocent die on the spot because even real cops are trained to take the crook down in such a situation but there's a whole legal system in place.

morals in my kid's comic, ugh

and thats touched on in depth. its a reoccurring theme throughout the series. Its something wolfwood struggles with as well. If I recall episode 19 has a part in it where vash knows the guy has every right to kill the guy who lead the group that kidnapped raped, tortured, and killed his daughter, but never stops him, just pleads with him not to. So while he does espouse the philosophy, he doesnt cram it down other peoples throats. As stated before in the anime his definition of family is more than just blood ties. We're talking about a synthetic humanoid well over a century old.

>wanting to be a hero is the same as wishing for something bad to happen, or some villain to appear so that you can stop it

Wolfwood did nothing wrong.

fuck dude i did not need those feels right now.

Can't be a hero if everything is fine and you can't do heroic actions

This was very blunt symbolism but it was still effective.

Truly patrician taste

He died. That was wrong.

>if you kill him you'll be just like him!
youtube.com/watch?v=NUcBmoTS7gg
btfo

that was satisfying

Hey, there are upsides to being a martyr.
Which is why you set someone else up to fill that role while you reap the benefits. Think of it as ideological life insurance.

I did like how they pushed Vash off the edge.

Why didn't vash just shoot him somewhere non-fatal and have him pass out? That would've stopped the people in the background too.

Legato was stopping him from moving his arm.

>Killer will kill you and many more innocent people
>You kill the killer
>Only one NON-INNOCENT person dies and, you survive via self defence AND save the lives of countless others
>you're the same as him
Stupid fucking bullshit from people who understand about as much philosophy as a Titty streamer whore on twitch.

Rejoice.

it fucking triggers me
>bad shit happens forever and will continue to happen even hundreds and thousands of times everyday
>I want to help people and reduce the suffering and stop some of this badness
>ur wishing that there is bad so u can stop it!
FUCK
FUCK THESE PSEUDO-PSYCHOLOGY FAGS LIKE FREUD WHO JUST WANTED AN EXCUSE FOR WHY HE WANTED TO FUCK HIS OWN MOM

Well the only characters I can think of who actually say this are the villains. Anyone who truly aspired to become a hero will know when heroes aren't needed any more.

Basically
Like Canadas PM the spawn of fidel castro and a cuckqueanwhore
>If you kill your enemy, they win

This blew my mind while it was airing. I didn't expect Van to follow through.

Wow you disagree with the main character's motivations and thoughts? It's almost as if the story has depth or something!

The whole point of the series is the make Vash confront is own ideals. In earlier episodes you see that he's able to push himself to follow his pacifist philosophy but then here it's brought to the absolute extreme. I think a lot of people would agree that it would be better for Vash to just waste him, but that would go against everything he believes in which is where the conflict lies. It's not saying that this is the right way to think and that he would actually be the same as the killer by killing him, as is made clear with Wolfwood, but that is how this character thinks and what he struggles with.

Having an opinion on this is literally the point of the fucking show.

This

Knives did nothing wrong

this

How did he rape someone as a kid

edgy kid op doesn't understand life

so lads, anime or manga?
despite all the elaboration that Maximum did, I think that the anime was handled very tastefully and superior in a lot of scenes. Too bad it didn't get up to super Knives or the Ark

Anime until the story branches off from the manga
The coreography of the manga makes some action scenes hard to follow but the Eye of Michael members were great
And legato still creeps me out

If you haven't noticed, a lot of users on Sup Forums can't stand a main character that doesn't reflect their personal ideals and will not hesitate to shitpost about that.

I was spoiled about his death and I was still tearing up. I'm glad he got alot of screentime because so many other series just fucks everything up for no reason.

Your name alone makes me want to kill your whole current generation of your bloodline and leave your son/daughter alive so I could rape them everyday in front of you.

>if you kill a killer you're the same as him
>worthless, shallow moral lessons

Hmm, yes, yes very interesting user HOWEVER

Van seeing his mission through was great. Truly was a determined, faithful dude.