A Search For Meaning

In order to combat the scourge of degeneracy, it is necessary to convince the public of hedonism’s futility and the superiority of more traditional sources of happiness. People have abandoned their families and, similarly, have abandoned their peoples and societies. They have forgotten where happiness comes from and are now convinced that happiness is nothing more than an ever extended feeling of meaningless pleasure. Throughout their twenties and into their thirties, they live like nothing truly matters but their daily whims and wants. When it comes time for them to settle down, they are disappointed that they can’t continue acting like children.

True happiness is not derived from mindless, transient pleasure but from feelings of purpose, accomplishment, and satisfaction with oneself. While it does have its place, pleasure does not satisfy people long term and should not be the only emotion to ever occupy people’s minds. Suffering and adversity are necessary elements of life, allowing people to understand the value of what they have accomplished and appreciate all that is good in the world. Additionally, love for and from family is central to happiness. We need to demonstrate to the public where happiness truly comes from.

Hedonism and degeneracy both epitomize the worst elements of our societies. Although we may attribute our problems to certain nefarious forces, we likely won’t be able to easily persuade the public of the nature behind these forces and so we should instead work to appeal to people’s pre-existing desires. By and large, people want to have families and feel needed. People want to accomplish loftier goals and fulfill a higher purpose. If we want to protect our peoples and help them rediscover wholesome lifestyles, we are going to have to reacquaint them with their underlying desires.

Attached: E42B3BD5-1BBD-4FEE-897E-8FF40E6E2BA7.jpg (2280x1284, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=Tfw2suyUUNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

I completely agree, and It's nice to see a thread like this, but how specifically would we make others understand this.

Start by cleansing yourself of sin. You may rationally understand that traditional sources of happiness will be much more fulfilling, but we all struggle with the hedonist within us to some degree. And I'm not trying to go all "clean your room bucko", this is something I realized before Peterson rose to the public's eye. Once you have a good grip on yourself, help your family understand this Truth. You can't change people, but you CAN push them in the right direction. That sentence should be your penultimate goal, that is you doing your part to usher in an era of light. Once you've helped your family, help your community. Get involved in churches and other institutions. Get acquainted with your neighbors and help them in the same way you helped yourself, your family.

In time, you will see that you alone transformed an entire community. YOU ALONE. Think about what an entire community of people with the same goals can accomplish if you yourself did all of this. You will have created a weaponized machine, warriors of the Light.

If you want to change the world, change yourself. The greatest gift you have to give is your own self-transformation.

Attached: 1508789645500.jpg (393x500, 38K)

All of the sages, yogis, and mystics throughout history did exactly this. They did not create complex strategies to infiltrate the pit of greed and degeneracy, they helped their community. They understood the ripple effect that ensues when you dedicate your life to helping others in this manner. Everything happening at this moment, politically speaking, is the result of men like this.

>True happiness is not derived from mindless, transient pleasure but from feelings of purpose, accomplishment, and satisfaction with oneself
>defines happiness
>doesn't get that happiness is one side of the coin that is suffering
kys brainlet

>flag
Not surprising, the first person that tries subverting the discussion is an ausfag. I do agree with what you're saying, but OP gave no indication that he doesn't understand this. It's one of those things that goes without saying. Brainlet.

Attached: 1520586874957.png (500x648, 388K)

QUINTS

Kind of alluded to that when I said >suffering and adversity are necessary elements of life, allowing people to understand the value of what they have accomplished and appreciate all that is good in the world.
You can’t understand what it means to be happy without understanding what it means to suffer. Oftentimes, suffering is born out of scarcity and grappling with the conflicting desires of others in your community. Communities can lead to both profound suffering and happiness. Moreover, I would also acknowledge that suffering, sacrificing and surmounting obstacles are all necessary parts of accomplishing something worthwhile and discovering a higher purpose.

The problem with Sup Forums is that it is largely selective perception. I may tell others of some of the things I see on here and they will not even believe me. I feel as if just living life for the purpose of improving one's own self would be more effective than the outlandish goals usually propagated on here.

Attached: laozsmart.jpg (534x400, 88K)

I agree with this, but I also believe that it does take a special kind of person to accomplish this kind of thing. Many people would end up demoralized by the public’s reaction to their efforts long before they ever saw the fruits of their labor.

Then again, if you were to truly change yourself and focus only on bettering yourself without regard for other people’s reactions, I really do think you could make a huge difference. Don’t worry about how others currently perceive what you are doing. Worry about the legacy you will leave behind for you and your descendants. Focus on your higher purpose above all else and, in time, the world will change.

we once rode horses
now we have become horses
such is fate...

Attached: SKU165134_5.jpg (600x600, 156K)

If you're interested in fighting degeneracy, I recommend starting with yourself and being your best.

If you want some structure, here's a discord link to /sig/ - self-improvement general.

We do a regular book club, film club and bible study. Currently we're studying Evola

link: CJ5U8z

Attached: 1518568824842.jpg (2100x1831, 1.58M)

Meaning? Pro tip: You never find it.

hooktube.com/watch?v=Tfw2suyUUNw

sure you can

it's just more complex than you may think

A horse, is a horse, of course, of course.

want to reiterate this

if you want to self-improve, we offer an end to dumb larping and good productive venues of discussion

discord link: CJ5U8z

Do I have to be Caucasian to join? Can I join if I'm Sikh?

you can join if you're Sikh. We're mostly all white and fascist, but we're not autistic about racial purity from Sup Forums on an online chatroom

/sig/ - self-improvement discord

discord link: CJ5U8z

end the larp, start being productive

Attached: 1518680697309.jpg (1200x1799, 661K)

last bump

I think only 5 uses are left on the invite