ITT: useless card

ITT: useless card

Does it count tokens?

Any 7 star beater with no effect or no combination

Not in the manga

>useless
It's a giant shield that need no tribute to summon.

>My deck has no pathetic cards.

> 2000 ATK
> 4 star

back in the days, this card would've made a decent shield with his ATK alone

>100 def
Looks balanced to me

okay, now this card sounds and looks like a monster you'd see in OPM

Yes, common strategy that is used with panther warrior is scapegoat. This was back when the game was still new so no retarded fast meta.

There is litearlly no reason to ever have a monster that has higher atk then def in defense mode other then as a literal meat shield and in that case def doesn't matter. Combined with the fact that it has the same element and type Gene-Warped Werewolf is better in every way.

Huge attack beaters with low defense are patrician

What...am I looking at here?

>pic related

Yugioh is an anime with a game you retard

this man gets it

running 2k def monsters for summoned skull to counter 1900 beat sticks was a good time

There are many cards that can force a monster to change position. I lost a lot of inpachi from a single card effect

>Gene-Warped Werewolf is better in every way
Well, except defense.

It was good back in the old days.
Panther Warrior + Sangan and you can search for the likes of Witch of the black forest while attacking.
2000 Atk for a 4* card was great.
Scapegoat in combo with this offered some stalling and defense with a nice offense too.
Has a decent defense for a 4* card.
Little to no 4* card could take this card head on without support so you could even keep it on offense cause it scared the shit out of players as its high Atk meant it can take out as good as any other 4* and lower card in a fight.

>playing yugioh
come on guys, act your age play magic

I haven't sunken that low yet.

pot of greed

Those cards costs a ton. I'd rather watch the yugioh anime and stick with the games

BUT WHAT DOES IT DO?!

Definitely the better game. No idea what Konami was thinking when designing their tgg.

It's a sac outlet.

Money.

ygo < hs or sv

3k atk which would make enemies hp 1k if the enemy doesn't have a hand activation card.

Magic died with the Zendikar block.

Panther Warrior was always shit, noone ever used it and it was far outclassed by literally everything that wasnt a vanilla 2k beater with a shitty downside.

No like is this a game? Why is there only 4 monster and spell zones?

The moment they banned one of the mosi iconic card in the franchise was also the moment you know the franchise has gone to shit.

It's probably all OP cards now that simply drawing 2 extra cards can break the game

Someone told me in another thread that Mirror Force is unlimited now

>he doesn't like Innistrad and RTR

Get out of here old man.

You have never played a trading card game if you don't understand why pot of greed is incompatible with the design philosophy of such games. It is pretty much literally the worst game design decision to come out of all of yugioh and that is saying a lot.

Nice tripdubs, but fuck off with your faggy eldrazi and retarded colored artifacts

I know that but Pot of greed was culturally ingrained into the franchise.
Taking that out means that you are no longer the franchise you once was.

Haven't played yugioh in years and I cannot understand the new rules

Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links is a mobile game that plays a very minimized version of the game.

>only lets you draw 2 cards
into the trash it goes

You don't understand the depth of how fucking stupid pot of greed is. It has no cost and gains you resources for free, furthermore, you draw it by random chance. This means that everyone has to run 3 copies. This means everyone is basically playing with a 37 card deck, making everything more consistent and degenerate.

Also, games are decided almost purely on RNG based on who draws their pot of greed first. It turns the entire game into a coinflip. That you have any opposition at all to this means you've never actually understood how TCGs even work.

Then you're a retard.

>Not playing the "Prairie" field card which triples Beaver Warriors defence and makes it unable to be killed by card effects
you're the pathetic one, Wheeler!

Who needs pot of greed when you've got like 5 different blue eyes on the field by turn one?

Can't think of anything worse honestly.

Speed duel
20-30 card decks
5 extra deck cards
3 monster zone
3 spell zones
Currently dominated by cyber angels, waiting for age of synchros because konami isnt going to buff any other archetype anytime soon

TCG/OCG version of Card of Sancity

>"What if we made a mirror force but it was even more fucking annoying?"

that IS pretty bad

this was an amazing card before the "min.1" rule change. I say rule change because you used to be able to do with 1 card in hand OR field and still draw the two, even in Tag Force 3. the rule change killed my bubble burn deck but eh.

>come on guys, act your age play magic

Alright big boy, what fucking CCG (a.k.a. childen's card game) do grown ups play

this just seems like envoy of the beginning except worse

Poker.

TCG/OCG version of Fiend Eagle

>antihope sounds cool as fuck.
>too evil for out christian boys.
>changed to despondent.
>what the fuck is a despondent.

Much harder to get out and denies your own battle phase if you activate it's effect which only goes off once. A waste of a card.

>It is pretty much literally the worst game design decision to come out of all of yugioh and that is saying a lot.
hold my sake, senpai

Honestly what the fuck were they thinking when they made this card

>simplest flavor text in entire game
>implying you can beat that
Pot of Greed is for men. The meta has changed. It's over guys.

That's not a flavour text though.

Idk this is like my favorite card

>came out in the same set as yata-garasu and last turn
They weren't thinking at all.

>Flame Ghost
Literally why did that card exist?

Yes but what does Pot of Greed do

>"Heh. Looks like I'm going to win, Sup Forums!"

are the cards that yugi used to beat the snake with infinite power real?

TCGs are literally already a coinflip. Stop acting like Pot of Greed is anything other than what is ultimately every card in Yugioh, but simplified to the max.

None of the cards in any of the meta decks are balanced. There's no reason pot of greed should have been banned.

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW unironically still playing this broken game instead of just reminiscing about the times when they played it as a kid

>There's no reason pot of greed should have been banned
In a 40 card deck? While Exodia cheese still exists? No.

Shhh don't be so technical. PoG tastes like infinite possibilities when your deck is balanced enough.

ur dubs says nice try

it can be rage inducing, but it's addicting and pulling some combos is a lot of fun, also I like shiny cards

>also I like shiny cards
So play card games that use full art cards instead of this garbage.

Do the typings even do anything? What does it mean to be a light or dark card in this game

>The moment they banned one of the mosi iconic card in the franchise was also the moment you know the franchise has gone to shit.

It was banned in the very first banlist in 2003. A free +2 deck thinner is degenerate.

Upstart Goblin is 37 cards, it replaces itself. PoG replaces itself and get an extra + 1, it makes every decks 34 cards.

>people complaining about pot of greed being a +1 while lowering your deck count by 1
>meanwhile here i am playing pokemonTCG where i can go through like a third of my deck in the first turn.

pic related. i played yugi until the synchros, after that it got way too expensive for me, and it was already expensive, thankfully pokemon is stupidly cheap aside from the one staple card.

also goblin attack force and gemini twins were the shit.

just design new cards around the free card advantage, it's better than outright banning it

In one of the gameboy games(battle city or something) you could kill a Blue Eyes with a Kuriboh because Dark>Light. I haven't seen that anywhere else, though.

some effects target monsters with a specific attribute (dark light etc) or type (like tuner, beast, warrior, etc)

And that severely limits future card design because everything has to work around the fact that everyone is playing with effectively a 38 cards deck. That's what 80% of the banlist is. Most recently, Dragon Ruler got the fucking shaft, even though with each dragon at 1 they were kinda balanced, because if they're finally gone 4-5 cards could come back, and future Dragon-archtype doesn't need to have major restriction to play around them.

Some situational counters. Light-Imprisoning/Dark-Imprisoning Mirror, or the barrier statue series for example. Archtypes are usually typing based, siding those counters into your deck game 2 can shut them down super hard.

I think my dad used this card in one of his decks when I was a kid. Haven't play yugioh in 10 years so no idea why.

Hate when they started to expand on these. They were unique.

>ban one card or make the card an even more mandatory 3of in every deck and essentially change the rules of the game forever
Buddy, just don't talk about card games. You clearly do not know or care about them in the slightest and just want your nostalgia for the cartoon to stay forever.

sure, if you can get me another game with cute anime-like girls then I will do, also the stone-like border isn't that bad, and in case of Synchros and Xyz's the border actually makes them more elegant and eye pleasing

i dunno man, i decided to read about the new blue link monsters since i was curious about the arrows, only to find they absolutely fucked/revamped the whole special summon spaces thing, i guess the game got 2fast even for the guys creating the cards, but as an oldfag, how it plays now rustles my jimmies.

i'm considering getting a 3DS yu gi game to give it a try, i remember the battle city one being damn cool, and i ran a sorta good deck of armed dragon/horus level ups. where you could absolutely fuck up the enemy by getting a horus level 8 with a royal decree and that guy that if it attacked a face down monster, destroy it, deny the effect, and put it back on top of the enemy's deck.

Some of them were made real years later, even the serpent itself, but of course their effects differ from the anime.

This, its much more satisfying if there is a Iot more Lunch money at stake.

there's pokemon too, and you get full arts.

Get Tag Force Arc-V for the PSP, the game run full speed using PPSSPP. Tag Force has a better AI, its faster, the graphics looks better, and it has some anime-only cards that you can play around with. The meta is a bit old though, it was released for the mid-2014 meta.

They are, and the printed merged Timaeus can actually beat infinite attack. the three knights themselves are absolute shit.

i lent my psp to a friend, and for some reason i can't get into emulated games, i don't know why. only one in which i could really get into was fucking harvest moon.

and for another pokemon card (this one was actually banned, one of the very very few cards to be banned from the game, pokemon's fiber jar.

PD: due to how the TCG works, that "except lysandre's trump card" only applies to the one being played, so if you had another one in the graveyard then that one would get shuffled into the deck.

>text over the art
no thanks

Did they ever release a translation patch that wasn't 90% terrible memes though?

No. There's no story anyway, compared to normal tag force games. Its just a duel simulator

STILL THE KING

or you can get the one with the squared in art that does the same thing but is like 10 dollars cheaper