How do you feel about Lupin the 3rd being the most influential show in the Japanese animation canon?

How do you feel about Lupin the 3rd being the most influential show in the Japanese animation canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4hSWpPtfAXI
youtube.com/watch?v=oO10kOni-Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who

if Lupin was the most influential show there'd be a lot less faggot MCs

That isn't Astro Boy.

I love Lupin, but you're kidding yourself.

he gets cucked by Fujiko every other episode. i think he's pretty influential already

Lupin doesn't get cucked by Fujiko. He knows damn well that she's unobtainable and that she's always playing him, yet he continuously chases her because she's the only treasure he can never hope to catch.

That said, Lupin the III might be one of the most influential shows on GOOD anime, despite being a mixed bag of brilliant and shit itself.

youtu.be/4hSWpPtfAXI

Best OP, worst jacket.

There's something about everyone in Pink Jacket having an incredibly strong jawline that weirds me out. It makes the characters feel less human, IMO.

Pink jacket was great, it was 80s to the max.

>He knows damn well that she's unobtainable and that she's always playing him, yet he continuously chases her because she's the only treasure he can never hope to catch.
that's pretty deep tbqh

Being such and old anime and having so many people work on it, its not really surprising. Even Miyasaki.

I'm hyped for part 5.

anime needs more characters with hairy hands

So you can self-insert easier?

Hairy hands are indicative of chronic masturbating or old-school vampirism.

>Best OP

youtube.com/watch?v=oO10kOni-Ws

My hands would be a lot hairier than they are if that was true.

green jacket soundtrack was so good

youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg

>deadfish

It always makes me laugh when this plays at the most random moments.

actually it may seem that way to the untrained eye but Lupin is the one leading fujiko on

I can't afford to binge the whole series, and knowing that every Lupin III is different than the other, which movies should i watch to appreciate this franchise?

I wish he was

You don't need to pay for them in order to pirate them.

Watch Mystery of Mamo

Best Lupin movie

Don't listen to Ghilbi fags when they say you should only watch Cagliostro

The most influential show is Tetsuwan Atom. He created anime in it's modern form and had the first pantsushot. The second most influential show is Gundam. He created a new era and otaku anime. The rest can't compare with those 2. Lupin had it's followers, but his influence wasn't that huge.

Similar to user that asked earlier, but I've seen some Lupin and enjoyed what I have watched so far. Are there series/movies that I should AVOID as I go through the material?

Its fucking awesome.
And it deserves the respect dat everybody has for it.

SO far from what Lupin I've seen I enjoyed it all except Green vs Red. it was a cool concept but that movie is a fuckshow

Avoid the advice of any user that refers to you as "my man" or "bro". It's a little girl that has been lurking these threads for some time now while trying to present herself as a middle-aged man. She doesn't know what she's talking about though. Everything she says is completely made up.

Thanks user, movies are a little different since they're short compared to a series but if I feel the need to cut out any I'll keep that in mind

But does she know which Lupins I should avoid

i've got a soft spot for pink jacket; gold of babylon is my favorite movie

Seconding this. Though admittedly I've only seen, Mamo, Cagliostro, and Bloodspray of Goemon. But of those three Mamo was definitely my favorite.

Also, if you don't want to binge-watch every series, I'd recommend checking out the Blue Jacket series. It borrows a little bit of the other series' respective styles and condenses them in a really smooth way.

I wish the localization of Part 4 would do away with the extremely long intro.