Subarashiku atsui namida wo

>Subarashiku atsui namida wo...

Both Yang and Rhinehard were horrible people but when would you say either passed the moral compass of no return? With Rhinehard it is definitely when they made the guy's suicide look like an assassination plot just so they could have an excuse to go to war with them.

>Rhinehard
Pathetic LOGHbabbies, why can't you even spell your fuccbois' names right? Thinkgen animu viewers, so intelligent, such sophisticated, wow.

ED2>ED1>ED3

Have to form those casus belli somehow

yang was pure

rhinehard was just griffith lite

Yang was when Reinhard conquered FPA and Yang decided to continue the war anyway.

before hand you can blame it on the military dicking him around. But when the military was destroyed and Yang could finally pursue a quiet peaceful life as a historical scholar he decided to pursue war anyway.

>horrible people
Yeah shut up

>Yang was when Reinhard conquered FPA and Yang decided to continue the war anyway.

This is my one major criticism of the plot(Aside from Reinhard being a massive Gary Stu). If he was going to do that shit, why didn't he just kill Reinhard when he had the chance during FPA's surrender? His logic was so fucking retarded too. "To protect democracy I'm just gonna let it be destroyed because Truniht says so."

OP3>OP1>>>power gap>>>OP2>OP4

In the novel he said that he didn't care if the FPA dies because it would be revived anyway so long as people still give a damn about democracy.

technically became true by the end of the series. It's probably better to just kill and create a brand new republic rather then preserve what has became a self-parody of one.

IIRC wouldn't the FPA bureacrats have had Yang executed to appease the Empire?

Trunit might

but the rest actually did care about the republic when it died and they knew that Yang was the only thing preventing the empire from raping them for the most part.

Which was one of his biggest moral failings IMO. Hinging democracy on some vague hope that maybe a few hundred years in the future someone would make another attempt, but this time have to go even FURTHER into uncharted, unavigable space so they aren't instantly crushed by the empire was, to put it gently, naive as fuck.

Yang's biggest personality flaw was that he only understood tactics, and had a shit understanding of basically everything else in life. Hell, even his strategic grasps were tenuous at best sometimes. His loyalty to democracy was total lip service in the end and in a lot of legitemate ways, he completely betrayed democracy and the billions of people that were relying on him so they and their future generations wouldn't have to live under a fucking dictatorship. And for fucking what? Idealism?

y u heff 2 b mad

he said that if the democracy doesn't revive then said democracy "outlived its usefulness"

so either
it dies and gets reborn like a phoenix
or
it dies for good in which case it probably deserved it

Guy didn't give a flying fuck about the state itself he was all about the concept of democracy as Reinhard was about autocracy.

I mean, I get that, which is why I said that it was one of his biggest personality flaws. He had some ludicrously unrealistic picture of how government and nations work, and basically fucked over billions of people just because he didn't like the current administration. Say what you want about democracy, but even at it's worst, the FPA was miles better than living in the empire where, at any given fucking moment, some noble, or the emperor himself, could have a bad day and royally fuck you and your loved ones over; Where you have no rights, no voice, no representation, and the laws can wildly change on a single individual's whimsy.

In fact, Reinhard's system was even more shit than the system he replaced. At least in the former system, power wasn't totally centralized, and you had an opportunity to potentially live under a benevolent noble. Now literally the ENTIRE HUMAN SPECIES is basically the property and play thing of one person.

Really I want a sequel of LoGH where Reinhard's son fucks shit up

The flaw of autocracy is less about the benevolent ruler and more about the ruler's not so benevolent son.

Which is my point, really. How often does someone in Reinhard's son's position NOT turn out to grow up to be a total asshole? Basically fucking never. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and had Reinhard not died such an early death, chances were extremely good that he would have become a massive dick in his later years(And it could be argued he was anyway even in his youth.). His son would have all the ingredients around him for growing to be a tyrant, and thanks to Wenli, this potential tyrant now held the entire species in his hands.

>How often does someone in Reinhard's son's position NOT turn out to grow up to be a total asshole
Marcus Aurelius

>Reinhard's son and Mittenmeyer's son
>expect them to grow up bffs like Reinhard and Kirchies
>instead they become the worst enemies splitting the empire in half with their civil strife and proving Obenstein right

Marcus Aurelius was adopted into the position

as for said Marcus's blood related son

Agree with you, but boy that's a bad example to use

Oberstein was the smartest person in the show by leagues. I'll put my money on him being right.

>Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and had Reinhard not died such an early death, chances were extremely good that he would have become a massive dick in his later years
t. knows literally nothing about history or psychology

U wot? Dictatorships inherently abuse their power almost universally. Even in the context of the show they do. You're talking out of your ass.