I don't get it. Why is this so popular?

I don't get it. Why is this so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7A_YMRqbNCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's good

>boring, bland character that wins through the most ridiculous, over the top, unrealistic ways possible
>plot armor thicker than most shonen protagonists
>literally gets fingers and ear cut off, gets them back instantly like nothing happened
>constantly deals with murderers and powerful figures but ends up escaping them conveniently

The soundtrack and artstyle are pretty fun. Writing is pretentious garbage and reddit-bait.

right? The only thing I enjoyed were the soundtrack, artstyle and ZAWA but the writing is garbage.

Honestly, becauss no other manga author I know has been so compellinjg in their description of a person's psychology and the general struggle of being in society. I realized that this was the essence of what draws me to FKMT's writing, not just gambling tactics when I read Kurosawa, which to me is a 10/10.

Also, this is now a FKMT thread.

>compellinjg in their description of a person's psychology and the general struggle of being in society

He doesn't bring anything new to the table and is pretty on the nose about his critiques of the modern day society. The points he makes are pretty obvious to anyone who isn't retarded and he keeps on repeating them over and over again.

Because he's a kike.

The first selling meme of the series was GAR, although you probably never heard of it. It was always in manime recommendation lists years before scanlators picked up any of the authors manga. Then mahjongfags came and it became a part of the bigger feast.

It isn't

It's only popular on Sup Forums. And that's because it's good.

Uhm... it's not. Its sales were abysmal.

It's pretty good until you get to the pachinko machines. I couldn't take any of the suspense seriously, no matter how big the gamble.

>Writing is pretentious garbage and reddit-bait.
Kaiji:
>Magazine Young Magazine
>Original run 1996 – 1999 (series 1)
Reddit:
>Founded June 23, 2005; 12 years ago

I thought it was alright, I was on the edge of my seat the first time I saw it because Kaiji going back to the mine isn't too far stretched at this point (at least to me) and because of moments like these
youtube.com/watch?v=7A_YMRqbNCs
However it just drags on and on when you know the outcome, I distinctively remember episode 17 being entirely focused on the flippers blocking the balls and nothing else

Fumihiko Tachiki did a great job as narrator and it was funny watching people struggle and die through the cruel and unusual gambles

Who is this "he" of yours though. Tonegawa preaching is a part of his character, and he preaches even more in the manga, that's not an author's voice at all. For Tonegawa, he does a good thing for these lost young souls, and doesn't hide feeling good about what is happening. He sat though all the human derby seeing them die, and even "forget" to switch off the electricity to watch some more. He talks about strong human spirit but is sure there's no such people in the current selection and behaves accordingly.

Kaiji is moe

God I fucking hate retards like you.

Basically this. FKMT is a genius.

You just repeated "muh plot armor" 4 times without elaborating on it. Fuck off retard

>hit and run shitposters
Who the fuck runs away from their own food after generating it? Kids these days.

It's not even that popular fuck off. If it was so popular it would have gotten a third and fourth seasons.