Kino no Tabi -the Beautiful World-

With Kino's Journey popularity slowly on the rise, do you think that we'll see more LN stories being adapted after the 2017 series ends? Any possibilities of a second season or more films?

What are your current thoughts on the new series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I6HmlvQx64A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Considering what a pile of garbage the new series is compared to 2003, it would be better if it stayed novels only.

>Considering what a pile of garbage the new series is
Why do feel that this new series is garbage? Do you not like the art style, the pacing, or something else?

the most recent episode is so far my favorite of the season

Mine too. It almost felt out of place amongst the other five episodes.

Kino expies when? Given how long she's been around, I'm surprised we haven't seen too many.

Kino is barely even in the show anymore.

Some stories in the LN's don't even have Kino in them.
I don't see a problem with her current screen time in this series.

Nostalgiafags please leave. Kino 2003 wasn't good either.

Will Kino ever meet Photo?

Read the LN's and find out, user.

Kino has cute feet.

It's not deep

it was really fucking bad, only the ending was good.

Some of the stories they adapted haven't been my absolute favorite, but they're all still interesting to say the least (and more Kino is a good thing). I wonder what episode they'll do Kino's origin story? Not the last episode, I hope.

Last episode was garbage because no Kino

>Not the last episode, I hope.
I was kind of hoping that it would be the last episode since we're getting a Master and Partner story in the next episode. Would be nice to see an older Master at the end of Land of Adults to kind of let everything come full circle for the audience.

The new episode was shit.

least favorite for me, they really overdid it with how evil those people were, what a joke

was basically a sob story you've seen a million times already

2x speeded that shit so hard

Stay pleb.

>it had a cute girl so it's 10/10
Listen here kid, it had 10 seconds of the cutest girl so it's shit compared to episodes with more seconds of on-screen Kino

Kino sucks and has always sucked, the shit makes little sense. Started reading it first after being told not to watch the anime but Jesus it must either grow a beard or people here have shot taste.

>but Jesus it must either grow a beard or people here have shot taste.
What?

>but Jesus it must either grow a beard or people here have shot taste.

I won't insult you for your opinion but will respect it.

Personally I enjoyed the original series mainly due for the philosophical themes to the commentary on various societal extremes, each episode is densely packed with interesting concepts and it's fascinating to watch how things play out regarding them. Now this is regarding to the 2003 version to be quite honest.

>Jesus it must either grow a beard or people here have shot taste
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

what did he mean by this

If this post were a metal it would be diamond.

>Jesus it must either grow a beard or people here have shot taste.
You fucking what mate?

Surprised to see how positive reception for the newest episode has been. And that's coming from someone who has been enjoying the series thus far. It was so unsubtle, even for Kino.

I want Kino to put her stinky sweaty butt on my face!

Full-sized uncropped version when?

>I want Kino to put her stinky sweaty feet on my face!
FTFY

>>I want Kino to put her stinky sweaty armpits in my face
>FTFY

>the most recent episode is so far my favorite of the season
pls tell me these people are memeing
it was the most predictable, played-out shit ever. To the point where I was expecting some subversion where she really was about to die due to her naivete and Kino would have to bust her out by shooting everyone, showing that principles are worthless if they keep you from fending for yourself.
But no, it conveniently turns into a situation where everyone's about to die and only she can save them, only for the little shit to twirl his mustache even harder, with the pragmatic asshole merchants applauding his waste of food, damage of property and even promising him to let him kill the slave for reasons.

She runs free due to plot convenience and her handlers being cartoon-villains, and for what? So she can become a photographer after a time skip. Enduring all the painful writing for such a pointless payoff.

She's cute tho so w/e lmao

>She's cute tho so w/e lmao
You should know by now that something like that negates all flaws that a series/episode has.

Why are they all so cute

But even 2003 wasn't deep.

So the initial red-flags in the trailer turned out to be accurate, and people were right to point it out
Its still enjoyable enough to watch an episode per week, but the most recent one was genuinely painful to watch. At least it makes me appreciate the original much more

I'm Dutch and really, the last thing we need is more immigrants.

>not wanting cute photographers in your country

>At least it makes me appreciate the original much more
Same.

Although it wasn't the prettiest series to look at, at least the original had a lot of heart. Nakamura showed us that less is more and that you don't need a lot of action, blatant messages conveyed to the viewer, or a lot DEEP themes in order for a show to be interesting.
It's the simplicity of 2003 that made it so memorable.

She's cute so it's okay.

I love Kino as much as the next guy, but let's face the cold hard fact here... 2017 Kino is as bland as uncooked oats.
Don't know why you think she's the end all be all of this new series.

They could have adapted nothing but Master & Partner, Shizu & Ti, and Photo stories AND I'd still be happy.

I want to feed Kino.

There's no way a girl of her size could eat a whole chicken. She'd hurt herself if she tried to down the entire thing in one sitting.

youtube.com/watch?v=I6HmlvQx64A

Shizu a shit

I feel stuffed just watching that. I think I'll skip eating anything today...

There's no way Kino could ever eat that much.

The floor is made of lava.

She killed and ate a whole chicken a country gave to her to keep as a pet. She's a big eater whenever she gets the chance to eat free food. You saw how big the crepes she ate were, she can fit a whole lot in that gut of hers.

Since Gakuen Kino is an exaggerated version of Kino, she's banned from restaurants in her area because she eats them dry.

>thought the episode was enjoyable
>go on Sup Forums
>posts telling people that the episode they watched was in fact shit and 2003 was so much better
Every week.

To pose more dead kids?

They're not translated though

Learn to read moonrunes, user.
It's not that hard.

Im going to lewd Kino

Sup Forums is full of pseudo intellectuals who think 2003 is the original Kino despite it being a pretentious spin on the original LN.

2017 does suffer from including too many major stories which would have been better spaced out into a 26 episode adaption.

So, what's left?
A Master epsiode
The land of electromagnetic waves
Land of Adults
A Kind Land

What's the last one? I forget

It's just "Various countries"

Why did I find her so incredibly hot in chains and tattered clothing?
Is this depravity?

>ywn be given a naive qt slave as payment
It's not fair.

I fapped to the chapter.
The anime did not disappoint or hold back 10/10.

That's normal user, loli ryona is the greatest fetish one can have.

>despite it being a pretentious spin on the original LN.
How the hell was it pretentious!?

That's impressive user.

This new series would be 20x better if Hermes' original voice actor returned for it.

I think the library chapter's the most obvious example of this, but the originak message of the story is kind of incompatible with TV and it's so damn uneventful that it wouldn't really work even as a SoL episode, despite Kino being a total nerd staying up all night reading and gushing about them the next day with a librarian. It'd be really damn cute, but I don't think people would be interested in seeing that.

I just wish the new anime was a bit more slow, adapting big chapters one after another is doing more harm than anything.

>spoiler

But we did get Kino in the beginning and right before the end.

I have the original Kino Tabi series in my backlog for a rainy day so I picked this up without hesitation because the series is heavily praised and I'm enjoying it.

Episodic shows are really enjoyable if they're done right and the last episode even though it didn't involve Kino was fantastic, Great shit so far.

Goddamn I hated that little shit

I have very mixed opinions about the new Kino. I know the designs are closer to the light novel ones, but I preferred the first anime art much more.

I prefer the new style, but think the overall presentation is better in the original series.

Some episodes definitely could slow the fuck down (ship country probably would've worked better as a 2-parter instead of condensing everything in one episode. It was one of those chapters that take up half the book, after all. I'm also sad they condensed the fight between Kino and Shizu too, but whatever. Kino isn't just a great marksman and gunslinger, she also liles to rig exploaive traps and be a generally underhanded asshole in combat.

>but Jesus it must either grow a beard or people here have shot taste

Kino was never "deep." The stories are so fucking straightforward, and seem to be just as good in the new series as in the original.

However, shitty 3DCG Kino pushing shitty 3DCG Hermes makes me retch every time I look at it, and its in every episode it seems.

What would the people have done if the slave girl farted around them?

What would it smell like?