Oyasumi Punpun actually made me have depression. I read it like 2 years ago how do I get over it?

Oyasumi Punpun actually made me have depression. I read it like 2 years ago how do I get over it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m76lKsM_jaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can't because you've now realized the true nature of life

A manga cannot make you have depression. You most likely have much larger problems if you're serious about having depression. Go see a therapist if you don't know what that is. Their job is to help you find out.

This.

Your parents made you have depression. The ghost saluting hitler just made a cheap laugh at the expense of your life, and nothing else.

>Depression
Well okay, I might be exaggerating a little. But since I read it I'm really depressed. Like I feel that everything is actually meaningless non ironically

>how do I get over it?
You don't. That was literally the whole point of the series.

Go read more depressing shit.

I thought actual answers weren't allowed here.

>A manga cannot make you have depression.
this. if anything it would make you realize that you actually have depression, but the manga didnt cause it.

boku no pico

Since 2 years ago? Wow. When I first start anime in my sophomore year of High school I became a recluse, got depressed and hated god, your typical fucking retarded sophomore, then I realized that even if nothing means anything it doesn't matter, I just like having fun with friends and striving to a better goal in life

Plus pun pun was depressing but not that bad, just some autistic kid who's friend killed herself, i've read waaay more depressing shit

>Like I feel that everything is actually meaningless non ironically
Look up Existentialism and work your way from there.

Learn from it and move on

Any other depressing shit? I've only read Kitoh's stuff.

Just finished high school so I hope I move on haha

Will check it out mostly. Just finished the senior year and I was really busy. Hope that now that I became an adult I'll just get over it and read more books about philosophy.

Try reading Berardi or Zizek if you want the real thing. There's also specters doing heil hitler in those, by the way.

Lol just join a club or some shit in college, when I graduated I had a group of like 6 people i was close with, when I got into college, I joined Rugby, the German club, and a bunch of intramural sports, my group expanded a lot, sports is probably the fastest way to make friends

I will actually join the army in my country as a doctor and you just stay in the camp. So no clubs for me.

>joining the army
Just join the Marines, you either get life long comrades, or they bully the shit out of you until you shoot your DS

Too much sea. Also here you are 6 months on the ships and 6 months on the land. I hope I can make a family when I grow up so meh. Or I'll just end up being a NEET or something.

That's why I'm saying Marines, in the Marines if you stick through it you have to become a chad, no excuse, the army will let most beta guys and WOMEN be soldiers, that's fucking crazy

>tfw woman
Want to be a nurse there. Not actually fight or that kind of stuff.

Lol didn't think women browsed this piece of shit site

nevermind then

Just get your Aunt to rape you. That should clear things up.

>blogging on Sup Forums
end your life

Epic tsun. Saved, replied, sent pm.

>tfw I'm a woman and a medic
Besides servant berserker, nurses only exist to have sex with male medics. You disgust me.

>Tfw used to incels hating on women
what the fuck right now?
Also, I don't even know if it matters but I assure you I'm not that kind of person. People like that disgust me.

>photoshopped backgrounds
how can such a shitty hack even arouse any feelings?

Did anyone else found it impossible to identify with punpun?
I am not the happiest person there is, i've actually seen myself in some of the situations he finds himself in and i do have some degree of depressionm but even then i could never sympathize with the guy, most of the times i wanted to punch him in the face, even with the Aiko arc which specially resonated with me i couldn't get what the fucker was doing.

Yeah at some point my connection with punpun was broken because not even I fuck up that much that many times in a row. At some point I was just like okay punpun you're just acting up for no reason now.

L O N D O N
Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion again

>incels
>frogposting
Don't you have a containment board to get back to?

I don't understand how you can read Punpun and have depression.

Not because it was in any way life affirming (it wasn't), but because the protagonists were effectively depressed and fucked everything up because of it. You're just duplicating their mistakes and using a child's picture book as a scapegoat for your own failures.

My biggest gripe was with the ending how how the characters did a complete 180 on personalities. I know the author intended for a murder to happen since the beginning, but his characters really took on a personality of their own (which is to say, all depressed and flawful in the same way) and then to suddenly become some sociopath made no sense.

Punpun is like the Sorrows of Young Werther of manga

>mangoes cannot cause depression
They can make you glum
>see s therapist
Real talk son, therapy doesn’t help with most issues, it doesn’t help you make friends or go outside. Therapy is for trauma, not for depression.

>joining the corps
Enjoy shitty equipment with the worst leadership possible, all because you idiots jerk each off over your supposed greatness. You wanna join the military, don’t, and join the coast guard so you won’t fall under the shitfest that is the DoD.

I didn't like the ending at all
>do nothing all my life
>qt gf find you and drag you out of your abyss
>live happily ever after

Some other user told me in other thread, that this shows there is still hope for me, but I don't find consolation in such turns of events. There is no way that something will happen with your constant inaction

I'm not joining, fuck that, I was just saying the Marines are better for making friends and not being depressed

*While being in the corps

I thought the requirement was to BE depressed without any friends.

Growing up?

>Oyasumi Punpun actually made me have depression
Your loss.

I read some of this manga and dropped it when it became obvious how emotionally manipulative it was. Not really going to put myself through something that was just meant to get a reaction out me rather than y'know, actually make a good story.

Get a girlfriend. Die with her.

>qt gf find you and drag you out of your abyss
>live happily ever after

what the fuck ending did you read because as far as I could tell, punpun was still a miserable fuck only slightly better because he still had some friends and shit after getting out of prison but I never felt it was a 'happily ever after' ending.

Oh shit, I am going to have to read it now...

Oyasumi PunPun and Boys on the Run are actually examples of things that should make you love life more. The entire point of Punpun is that he could have achieved happiness multiple times over. He had the chance, but his overall need for depression killed him. In the end of the manga, he got what he wanted in the most fucked up and weird way. He wanted to be sad, and he got it.
You know the whole pegasus bit? That was suppose to represent how irrelevant all the important things happening to Punpun were. It was a wonderful manga.

read in search of lost time

Here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=m76lKsM_jaU

>He had the chance, but his overall need for depression killed him.
This. Fucking this.
When people are suicidal, they WANT to be depressed. They will sabotage themselves and everyone around them every chance they get, just so they got more excuses.

just remember the good times

Idk senpai, after i read Punpun i was able to just laugh at how stupidly my man Punpun dealt with most of his situations, no depression, just feeling glad because i'm not as fucked up as him.

>I feel that everything is actually meaningless non ironically

Doesn't everyone think this?

This post gave me depression.

I have been through some lengthy struggles with depression and I have honestly never identified as much with a fictional character as I did with Punpun. There were several points in the manga where I thought "jesus christ, I have felt exactly like this". The only things I could not quite relate to were the really rapey direction his libido seemed to take, and the way he handled meeting up with adult Aiko.

I get that the author wanted to write an extremely depressing and sad story, but I honestly felt like there were parts where he sacrificed all sense of realism in order to go full grimdark. This applies to pretty much everything that happened from Punpun and Aiko hooked up as adults until the end of the story, and also to the part about Punpun's uncle and the teen girl who was trying to manipulate him into killing her mother.

Punpun going full psycho and being abusive towards adult Aiko felt really out of place, even though his thoughts towards girls had been moving in a darker direction for some time. I get that the incident with Aiko's mom might have been traumatizing and all, but I still don't buy how he'd just turn into such a monster over night.

Finally I found the "explanation" that Punpun's dad offered up near the end of the manga for why Punpun is fucked in the head pretty cheap and unsatisfying.

>Finally I found the "explanation" that Punpun's dad offered up near the end of the manga for why Punpun is fucked in the head pretty cheap and unsatisfying.
I don't remember this, what's the explanation?

Something about how he got himself and his friend lost. I think they were lost for a real long time and it was Punpun's fault. So from then on he stayed recluse or something.

While in elementary school Punpun got himself and a friend lost while trying to catch shooting stars. His friend ended up in a traffic accident during this and got hospitalized for a while. Punpun supposedly felt so guilty about this that it permanently altered his personality.

Read cute girls doing cute things. Continually. If you stop the depression just comes back.