Nobody actually likes this garbage right? Its all just a giant bait to get people to watch 50+ episodes of shit...

Nobody actually likes this garbage right? Its all just a giant bait to get people to watch 50+ episodes of shit. Correct?

Watch it and find out.

What issues do you have with it, OP?

i have the same feeling about One Piece OP

It took you over 50 episodes to figure out?

Anybody who enjoys this shitty stale dialogue talkshow is retarded

Name something Oberstein did wrong
>inb4 westerland
that was all reinhard, read the books sweetheart

It was great until somebody died and everyone said after that is when it gets good, but what is the point of the show without his shenanigans really?

i have no idea why do i pretend to like one piece

I don't get it, where's the reasoning for that claim?

>Read the books sweetheart

Would love to if they were all translated. Only four books have an official translation right now. I wondering if I should buy them one at a time or wait until they are all released.

Look, just pretend all the characters are cute girls.

Yes. Many of the newfags, crossboarders and redditors who got tricked into watching it just get stockholm syndrome and exaggerate its few strengths (which it does have, or it wouldn't be produced and still remembered in the first place) to everyone, including themselves. Perhaps it's easier and less painful than to accept that you've wasted your time and got bamboozzled by the hype. They search for something to justify the time wasted. If they are Sup Forumstards, they read some of their autistic beliefs about society into it and like it for wish-fulfillment value. If they are fujos they find a husbando and start to like it for him. Very few people actually like it for what it is, and very few of those people actually understand what makes good anime or even good storytelling in general. If you approach this series with substantial experience of anime and other media, including literature, under your belt (as opposed to being an young newfag who just saw it on some stupid rec list and watches it to fit in on Sup Forums or elsewhere) its flaws immediately jump at you, you get bored and understand that this must be the epitome of 'overrated shit': things some not so smart and cultured people pretend to like to appear smart and cultured. That's okay. There are things like this in every medium. Just move on and when some of its elitist fanboys tries to present it as some sort of sacred cow and make you feel inferior for not liking it, don't fall for the bait. Remember, they're most likely motivated by their own stockholm syndrome and frustration they vent through attacking you, and thus need to be pitied. Don't waste time on trying to have meaningful discussions with them.

>mom look I posted it again

People actually like it. People like different things than you.

Typical example of what I'm talking about: agressive LoGH fan who thinks everyone who says something negative about this series is trolling, posting copypasta, etc. When in reality the only ones trolling and causing shitstorms are you.

If you're genuinely looking for some insight, I would recommend you watch more and more anime until your backlog diminishes to a point where you don't really care about an anime's length so long as its good. Get to this stage and give it a try. This is why most seasonalfags never touch this show, which is also why I'm scared for the remake. If you're in the middle of watching it, I would recommend trying to keep an open mind and doing your best to interpret the story and characters. This is one of the few shows I've seen where th deeper that you personally look into it, the deeper it'll become. It's been years since I've first watched it and I'm still thinking up new theories and ideas about it from time to time. I enjoy how pure of an experience this show is. It feels like a world in its own in a way.

Can't wait for the new series to fuck up everything with space jam fujo nonsense.

>space jam fujo nonsense.

Eh?

Shut the fuckup retard. So many autistic presumptions made

You must've missed the threads. The new series basically copy pasted the entire Kuroko no Basuke staff including new character designs.

Oh fuckkk you're right user gomenesai gomenesai

This thread would be better if only he was here

If it makes you feel better, I fell for it too.

this pasta literally applies to every acclaimed series. It's basically meaningless.

Can you post a couple of those theories of yours?

The classical music makes it.

>Legend of the Gary Stu Heroes

I'm not gay but I want to marry Yang Wenli

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand LotGH. The underlying messages are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of 19th century theory of the state most of the themes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Oberstein’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these themes, to realize that they’re not just interesting- they brilliantly explore the philosophies of the past centuries. As a consequence people who dislike LotGH truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the meaning in Reinhard’s existential catchphrase “If only Kircheis were here,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Yoshiki Tanaka’s genius world building unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Oberstein poisoned Reinhard.

So this is how LotGH threads are gonna be from now on huh?

Why?

they'll become even worse once the remake actually releases

He got Kircheis killed.

unironically this despite it being the stalest of pastas

That would depend on whether you believed Oberstein intentionally killed himself. If you think Oberstein accidentally killed himself, it was because he wanted Reinhard out of the picture. If you think Oberstein intentionally killed himself, it was because Oberstein believed that both him and Reinhard needed to die in order for the Galaxy to move on/die with their secrets.

I personally believe the latter.

Okay, but is there any hint of that in the actual story? Otherwise you can contrive infinite theories, and not just about LOGH but even about any dumb ecchi series like juden-chan.

Oberstein would not leave the galaxy to a fucking infant and a roastie. Terraists used Emil to poison Reinhardt and when he did not die fast enough they made a desperate attempt. Emil's father was a doctor and he looked like Kircheis.His faggotry was just a facade.

Yes, in the last episode the narrator says that historians are still in conflict about whether Obersteins death/suicide was intentional.

They clearly mean it as he either fucked up in his calculations when he gave the terrarists the location of his room, or did it intentionally to lure them away from the kaiser.

>personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature
>opted out of starting an insurrection
>supports a monarch (constitutional but still)
Cool story, pasta.

>“If only Kircheis were here,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons
I've read 'Fathers and Sons' and this is BS.

I think it was intentional. He was smiling as half of his torso was blown into. I think he acknowledged that he had no place in a peaceful and conquered galaxy, so he decided to make himself a sort of martyr. This is probably the only self-serving thing Oberstein has ever done and it was still to assist someone else. He knew he was greatly disliked by every higher up in the empire so he decided to end himself on his terms, rather than overstay his welcome and create unnecessary turmoil in the successful empire.

Probably this

If you don't enjoy it just drop it.
Taste is subjective.

I personally think that it is pretty engaging so calling it boring doesn't feel right. I'd say that people like it so much because it is a one of a kind show in this medium. Compared to other anime it 'looks' smart and adult which in turn causes fans to feel smart and adult when they say that it's their favourite anime.
A golden rule that too little people follow.

LoGH is highly enjoyable if you just play it on the background.

Actually, I think I enjoy listening to series while it plays more than actually watching it.

COME ON AND SLAM

AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

>if I don't enjoy a certain type of intellectual discourse it means everyone who does is either dumb and doesn't know it or pretentious

If you can't enjoy LOGH in the current year then why are you still bitching about in here?

>Oberstein
>smiling
He was just in pain.

It could be seen like a light smile, but could be just tanking the pain. It's not the most clear cut of expressions.

Even if he was smiling though I'd be more inclined to believe it was because he was thinking of the dog than anything else.

That guy managed to make Mückenberger look like an energic young man.

>stale

Delete this image right now

The books are honestly a bit of a disappointment. I'm not sure if it's the translation or if that's just the style sci-fi fans liked back then, but even by the standards of the show the writing is beyond dry. They're fun to go through if you want to see how the adaptation changed certain things but I'd never recommend them to someone who wasn't already a fan of the OVA.

I like it a lot, but I read sci-fi novels regularly so this reminded me of a good space opera.

I recall an user saying the translations were very poor a few threads ago, but well that's just like his opinion man