Gintama Thread

20 minutes until new episode

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/people/955/Tetsuharu_Oota
youtube.com/watch?v=V-9LynYqZGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Talk everything Gintama related here

What did he mean by this

Thought i could skip the filler of the recent seasons and get to the real episodes.

Turns out everything is real past 270. Really?

Never skip

Dead thread for a dead shitty series

How's he going to kill Utsuro now?

It's on

He needs to stay alive until reinforcements

I started watching Gintama not long ago, since the beginning and I'm having such a blast. Anons said that the first 25 episodes would be hard but I really enjoyed them, specially from episode 13. So glad I have so many episodes ahead of me.

Nice

Keep enjoying

Why does this guy suffer so much?

It's garbage, drop it

The day he finds happiness Gintama ends

so never?

Everything has a end

He is trapped in a black hole of suffering called "Madao spiral".

Oh and he punched Prince Ha- I mean Baka Ouji

>Shitty episode

Now wait until RAW and subs

why?

Based serial thread killer!

Literally shitty

I tried to watch Gintama but it's not funny.

Then, it's not for you. Gintama is hit or miss

>finish re-watching Gintama in its entirety again
>realize my life is now hollow again
God damnit

He symbolizes the modern Japanese man

>[Ohys-Raws] Gintama (2017-10)
Seasonal naming schemes is fucking with my organization. There must be "in number" torrents.

Gintama is the only torrents i get warning emails. From horriblesubs no less.

How much Gin's asshole has suffered?

HS has the "correct" naming.

More times than this ninja's asshole.

why does he sit like that?

Never gets old

to be continued...

and now we wait for subs...

1 hour

jokes on you I read the manga

Good

Never enough Gintama

what's happening after then?

Any minute now

SUBS OUT

why does he mean by that
>Monsters and the children of Monsters are the same

>children of monsters
Maybe he's talking about Gintoki parents here.

Looks like the silly bits are over for the most part, and next week will be the one serious episode that ends the arc.

Maybe is (at least) half mutant?

What the fuck is this?

>Behind poops shadow.

Gintoki is a hafu and Utsuro wants him to stay true to his human side and discard his monster side
if that's revealed at some point Gintoki's probably like
>IDGAF

That was a nice fight, it surprised me. Pretty well animated. Good episode overall. The new OP keeps getting better every time I listen to it and watch it, ED is good too.

hopefully next episode isint such a shitfest

Did something happen to Yamazaki's VA? He sounds so different.

Maybe his butt hurts.

Gin's ass being betrayed

From what?

why do they only do it for HijiGin?
I'm sure they're aware of all those other ships right?

this ep was shit

Not AS shit as this episode was...

A long object entered his anus with more force than he could handle.

I guess so

myanimelist.net/people/955/Tetsuharu_Oota

He pretty much was only doing Gintama

japanese cold will get him soon

as I expected

Does anybody else find the new season to be boring? It's just the same shit over and over again. I remember Season 1 being this bad towards the beginning, but it's kind of unbearable.

I don't watch this show, but i just burst a massive hemorrhoid and that image made me cry.

One of the most consistent long running shounen on the market, you should give it a try.

C'mon, everyone last season has bitched all the time about how skipped arcs weren't animated, do you prefer the serious ones over this, I guess?

I tried, lost interest early on. I want to like it so i'm saving it so i can rediscover it when i'm ready to give it another chance.

I didn't give a shit about those archs not being introduced. I'd prefer for the show to end earlier, rather than this filler.

Alright, then

Different user here,
I was in your shoes once. Tried to get into the show some literal decade ago, first couple eps didn't catch my interest.

Then fairly recently, less than couple years ago, I started to see Gintama pop up in many people's personal favorites lists, and numerous statements claiming that it's one of the shows that only get good later on. And that the first two episodes are, no joke, fillers.

Fast forward to this day, I'm a huge sucker for all things Gintama.
Yeah, the start's slow and can feel like it lacks goal and meaning, but boy does all that world and character-building ultimately pay off. You kinda grow fond of the cast, and the few times SHTF and PLOT start happening, it tends to hit hard.

>Shinpachi is just a pair of lens on pic related

Filler? Nope this is from the manga, which is still running. While we wait for the final arc to finish, they might as well animate the skipped arcs.

>I didn't give a shit about those archs not being introduced
So you didn't mind some characters literally not appearing for 10 straight years in the anime?

Yeah, fits what i've heard before. i'm having a NEET crisis where i hate everything, once i settle down a bit i'll give it another shot. What you describe is basically exactly what i want, i'm just too pessimistic to enjoy something new at t he moment. I'll have to keep in mind that i should force myself to watch more episodes before i judge it this time around.

Good luck with the re-attempt, whenever it may happen!
I'm also one of those people who tend to have hard time picking up anything new, no matter how popular it might be. I guess it helped that I was doing some very monotonous, lonely and boring job at the time, which let me have some entertainment play on my TV in the background; I marathoned tons of shows I'd probably never have bothered to check out otherwise, and one of these series happened to be Gintama.

The "3 episode rule" really doesn't work in this show's case.
I'd say the bare minimum would be 25 eps; at that point the very core main cast is introduced, and the show starts to actually have fun with itself as well. And if I had my way, I'd recommend watching 50+ eps, AKA through the entire first "year" so to say. Sure, I've seen some people state that they've been having fun with the very first few eps alone already, but it truly improves towards the end.

it's on the 2nd year the show clearly got not only bigger budget, but also was pushed down to later airing slot on TV, both which I consider having helped with the show's style and pacing. Things just get much more... confident. The show's first longer "serious" arc also happens very early during the 2nd year, and there's a good reason it's brought up again and again, been adapted into movies TWICE now and so on.

tl;dr: Just skip the first two episodes, don't skip the ""recap episodes"", take your time with the show

Do you own any Gintama merch?

I have this Shinpachi cosplay set. It's amazing, very life-like and authentic looking.

>take your time with the show
I will, thanks. You guys really sell this show, maybe i'll give it a try next weekend after your valorous shilling. Back to nursing my butt now.

i own my dick
does that count?

>Back to nursing my butt now.
...you're doing that on purpose, aren't you?
You couldn't have picked a more appropriate show.

Ok i'm abandoning this thread, that image is too real for me right now...

That episode was absolutely disgusting

How does he not have a tear in his clothing after this?

>That episode was absolutely disgusting
Idk that's nothing compared to american tv. i was totally fine with it.

Yes

tetsuko is looking hotter and hotter the more i look at her

help

I do kinda want to know how a fight between Gin-san and Sougo would go. We already know that Hijikata's no match for him.

No matter how sadistic and talented Okita is, Gin's experience and ferocity when he's taking it seriously will win out in the end. It would be fun to watch regardless.

I don't think Gin would go that serious.

Still, he was even with the Yagyu Grandpa, who I'd wager is even stronger than Okita. Though considering that, him constantly getting one-upped by those executioners is a little embarrassing.

Those executioners had a top tier theme. Could've been a main theme for another series about some high fantasy sorcerers mucking about in Ireland.

youtube.com/watch?v=V-9LynYqZGU

She's underrated