Houseki no Kuni

Holy fuck. I just randomly picked up this and started to watch it and its...kind of interesting and good? Better than most of the other crap this season.

Anyone else watching? I'm kind of surprised to be honest.

>Anyone else watching? I'm kind of surprised to be honest.
Literally has a general.

Its great indeed. Id say is fairly popular here in Sup Forums at least.

I just dropped it, don't see why all the fuss about this.

>Anyone else watching?
No, of course not.

It's fairly popular on Sup Forums but the weekday threads are cancerous cesspools.

The anime itself is pretty good, they make good use of CG so it doesn't look too goofy like Inu, Kado or KF for example. But will probably undersell just because it uses CG.

read through when that one user was dumping it a couple months back. didn't even realize it was supposed to get animated so soon at the time.

> lives 5k years
> still edgy
What the fuck is this piece of shits problem?
Also, did she really think senseis 哀れな was adressed to Phos?

>vlcsnap

> REEEE I DO CARE ABOUT SOME FILE NAME ACTUALLY
How old are you?

Hi guys, this is my friends Antarc.

to think we are going to get best doggo

Bort is the most caring of them all, she gets angry because fuck ups like this put everyone and Sensei in danger, it's why she tries the hardest.

It's either at the twins or the lunarians themselves, the latter is the most likely due to developments in the manga.

doggo indeed

>we will never get ghost/cairngorm
>we will never get ptsd/self-blame
>we will never get professor
>we will never get lapis
>we will never get moon arc

3D garbage

Unless we get season 2
also, spoilers please

Feels bad that we won't get Self-Blame.

t. bort's apologist

I can't believe it took me this long to see some a cropped Antarc from the preview. Can't wait to hear his voice next week.

Her interaction with Zicorn later in the manga is really heart-warming, she really cares about everyone.

Isn't Antarc's hair too blue here? It was practically white in the manga

Borto a shito.

>senseis 哀れな was adressed to Phos?
Wasn't it?

How fucking gone do you have to be to start destroying yourself? That part really gave me some chills, man.

>Her interaction with Zicorn later in the manga is really heart-warming
No

>she really cares about everyone.
Everyone cares. Bort's problem is that she doesn't know how to show it.

It was for the lunarian

Who's doing her voice?

>fuck ups like this put everyone and Sensei in danger
From what I have seen until now, isn't Sensei capable to effortlessly scatter every danger so far? Plus he seems to be almost indestructible, so defense also shouldn't be an issue. Are there things coming which could be dangerous even for him?

Lunarians remind me of Drakengard

Borto a besto.

Mariya Ise, it seems

this, it was for the Lunarian thing
guess a roboto would feel sorry for a killer roboto

Started it too. Not sure about it but it's the best looking 3D anime so far.

I dont like the CLAMP-ish style of the manga, but the story seems good
btw

Italians are here too?

doing a 200km/H jump while throwing your sword away and crashing against the unknown gem killer trap just to save the other gems apparently isnt "showing you care" now

>Italians are here too?
Unfortunately.

Yeah he can but I don't think that makes Bort feel any less caring for him. Considering the only person more powerful than Bort is Sensei.

So user, what is death?

Is anyone reading the manga? Can you understand what happens during battles?

Its the end goal of Sup Forums

There are consequences for Sensei, and it's not exactly effortless, as we later learn in the manga, but it's true there is no chance he would be abducted primarily because that goes against the very goal of the lunarians, if the Prince is to be trusted

same
Like for MiA
In a month nobody will remember this

Yes or No?

The manga is kinda messy
The anime is very well done

There is not much to understand: lunarians appear, fire arrows, gems block them and slash the lunarians, with varying success

That's just Bort being Bort. But you'd be retarded not to see that most people don't really understand him, and for a good reason. Even Zircon had problems to figure him out at first, and needed Phos to explain things to him. Without Phos, I could easily see Zircan and Bort developing an unhealthy dynamic like Bort had with Dia.

Could Sensei and the other gems communicate with the slug people in their humanoid form? Would the "King" still hit on Sensei, or is she satisfied with the tentacle monster now?

Yes.

it's kinda repetitive

The fights aren't the main focus, they serve to drive the plot forward.

Bort teaming up with Zircon is still a spoiler, you know

>10 Hardness
>Ultra speed

How is Bort the strongest and not Yellow? Yellow could just torpedo charge against every enemy like a meteor and be done with it.

As said, they aren't the main focus, but even then, the design of the lunaruians is very different every time, as are the outcomes of the battles

Its really an all-star cast without exceptions, isn't it?

It was shown in yesterday's ep that Bort is faster. It's even mentioned very early from Dia that Bort will always be stronger as she's not a monocrystal.

Yellow doesn't want to fight anymore. Bort's a battle maniac, explicitly stated as such. He's pretty young so he's not tired of fighting like his older brother.

Yellow is still monocrystallic, i.e. shatters easily

>It was shown in yesterday's ep that Bort is faster
Not really. Yellow was matching Zircon's pace in that shot (pic related). He wasn't going all out.

Yellow is actually the fastest gem.

Yellow probably breaks as easily as Dia when stricken on the right angle. Bortz is pretty much the true diamond is unbreakable. I don't even remember if he shattered once in the entire manga.
Although I wouldn't be surprised if Onii-sama did that kinda thing back when he was just a naive otouto

I wonder what's the chance of getting gembutts licensed considering we have stuff like MiA and Fire Punch.

Ps: stop responding to that retard please

>Anyone else watching

>when Cairngorm offers her own head and starts to pull it off so Sensei breaks her arm

Sometimes I wonder if the author is okay.

A valid question, most people here seem to read the manga.

*primarily

Shatters once exactly, and even then not much

Yellow nissan is a rushdown glasscannon. Its a bad matchup aganist moonies projectile spam and surprise traps

Alright lads, who would win in these scenarios:
1. Bort vs Neo-Phos, both blood-lusted.

2. Sensei vs Prince, Neo-Phos and Aculeatus, all bloodlusted.

Have you even read her other manga?

>we get to see Bortz with tied up hair and frilly pyjamas next week

I doubt any sane person who read manga wouldn't watch anime.

Definitely not, and I'm grateful of it

Why don't they have any projectile weapons? They should have the material to make some bows themselves, and could at least make some wooden arrows.

I've only read Star Lover

Looking at it again though, it seems as if she actually just split the arrow without damage to herself. Truly is unbreakable

They live on tiny island, they short on every material. Also would have to carry shittone of arrows while their primary role is to run and call for sensei.

Bort

Sensei probably, considering just the fact he can attack at range multiple targets with devastating effects

Why don't they have anti-proton cannons from the far future considering they had long since colonized the moon? Or developed any technology in the thousands of years they've been sitting there on that island? Sensei prevents them from progressing.

>spoiler a verb but let other important part out while calling someone out of spoilers
Bravo, master scholar.

the manga is licenced under the name Land Of The Lustrous

1. Bortz
2. This is a tricky one, but id go for Sensei.

Actually, later on is explicitly started the diamond class are the aces among the gems. Borts might be the strongest, but even Yellow and Dia are on a tier above everyone else.

Well, it's not the strangest of them

I'm gonna go with limited resources

You gotta love Bort in that scene though. Absolutely zero hesitation.

If Bort is able to withstand anti material and artillery rounds without a scratch, I will make her my wife.

I couldn't find the 2nd set of 4 stories (25-Ji no Vacances I think) she did unfortunately but I'll finish Mushi to Uta soon.

The prince tells (if he is to be trusted), that Sensei prevents any kinds of technological advancement

Those skills come dime a dozen in anime. Mostly found in magical girls, the symphogears and similar.

Fucking how.
Moonies are all full of shit

The animators are having a field day with Bortz' hair. Absolutely amazing.

Well but this time is different... kinda

I hope the anime will get to adapt Dia vs Shiro. That's the fight I'm looking forward the most.

Bort must be more overpowered than I remember. I guess I'll wait more inevitable upgrades for Phos.

I wonder if they split in five parts naturally or they're styled like that.

I kinda wonder if Cairngorm is really okay after all that mess. Imagine you've had company literally your entire life, then you essentially lose your sibling that is also part of yourself, then you fuck up and lose the idiot that fucked up before even though the promise to stick to this idiot was the last thing your "sibling" said to you.
That was probably some very long, silent, and lonely 102 years Cairngorm went through. The Winters, at least. I wonder what the ice floes could have whispered to him.

25-Ji no Vacances is 3 stories actually, 1 in 2 parts
1. 25-Ji no Vacances: A woman gets turned into a literal pearl with human skin on it due to freaky deep see organisms, and has a brother with a malfunctioning eye
2. On Pandora: A school on Saturn's satellite Pandora raises girls to be secretly fed to a giant intergalactic snake after their graduation as bait, and one of the students is a microorganism-controlled robot-satellight
3. (don't remember the name, something about the moon): A high school student on the run meat a lunarian fleeting from a disease stricken moon, the disease causing the skin to gradually fall of one's body. Actually a prototype for Rutile and Pad

1. Why CGI, trying to mimic 2d frame rate, looks so disgusting?
2. Why every fucking studio tries to do so when they can fucking generate frames in between automatically?
That becomes even more frustrating when you see good fps during action scenes. But just walking animation? Nah let it be trash, it's not like we will be missing money from people dropping it only because of how abominable it looks.

It will, the anime will end on Padpara