Kyoukai no kanata

I just rewatched it.

Let's go again through this. Why does Sup Forums hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nwl6Polwq4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But I loved it

I'm one of the biggest kyoanus lickers in this board but I thought this was absolutely mediocre, even Phantom World was better for me.

But do YOU like it, user? That's all that matters, really.

Stil the best battle action anime of all time, maybe until VEG comes out

I gave up on the idol episode. Pretty sure the staff did too.

I liked it because I'm a sufferingfag and the romance was cute. The side characters were severely underdeveloped and the movie was pretty dumb, though.

>That lack of any sort of unique facial feature
But hey at least they gave her wacky eyeglass frames and orange hair so anyone going hunting will see her miles away.

Yeah. I love it. But I still remember how much it has been trashed when it was airing.

Honestly I'd argue that the Kyoukai no Kanata movie was the worst thing Kyoani ever did.

I bet you like fangs.

Not kyoani's best by far but still pretty good.

It was like Phantom World except that bad.

The anime was great, i loved how much attention they gave to facial expression, it's still better than anything current year, but i guess the drama non sense went to far until it finally shat itself in the movie.

Mirai is the cutest girl ever!

The ED is so good.

That was just organized shitposting.

I loved it when it aired.

Something about it didn't quite work. I felt like I was watching a live action fantasy TV show from within a Kyoani anime world, if that makes sense.

I always think she's wrapped in penis skin.

It's a shitty Monogatari ripoff.

But Monogatari is shit.

You mean Monogatari killer

What's it ripping off?

Call me back when it sells 70 million bds.

youtu.be/nwl6Polwq4Q

Boring and forgettable. I can't even remember the plot at all now.

I watched ep1 and didn't like any of the characters, also it felt like the sci-fi was just forced in some shitty drama

>the monogatari killer

>judging anime by 1 episode

ep1 usually has the most effort to attract people, if it's shit it can't be saved

To be fair it just gets more boring from there on.

Post .gifs / .webm of Kuriyama
Sorry, i dont have any

Characters are just sooo unrelateable. Don't know why.

They're not well characterized.

It has a cool premise and decent characters.
But the world building is really lacking. It needs to explain itself better and fill in all the blanks it draws.

That said, it has really cute couples, so I like it.

So you want to say that ep 1 is always the best ep?

I usually drop anime after ep 5.

No, I'm saying ep1 is the one that tries the most to get you into the show. If I have 0 interest in keep going I'll just stop

It was failed edgy shit that's so bad to watch it's almost cringy

I thought the characters were very one-note. Also during episode 4-5 when the main guy has to be "killed" for good or else he'll turn into a demon, I just didn't feel the emotional connection him and Mirai were supposed to have during that point. I haven't seen past episode 8 or 9, when the bad guy was about to fight the ara ara demon, I don't know why but everything about it is so boring.

>MC has the same glasses fetish I do
>Girl is a cute, shorty, redhaired(ish), frail voice with 9/10 glasses/face ratio love interest

I don't get how people hated it. Well, the plot maybe.

>But the world building is really lacking. It needs to explain itself better and fill in all the blanks it draws.

Which is so uncharacteristic for KyoAni since they're know how to build an atmosphere. Is it because the premise has too much of a scope for them to handle?

I thought it was alright

/thread

It's because the director is inexperienced and struggles with the fine details.

It was just ok
I honestly don't remember much about it other than that I liked the older brother character

I liked it. I didn't expect anything game-changing but it was a good ride.

It was amazing

Is this a kumiko thread now?

I love the facial expressions as well.

The show had no idea what it wanted to be until after the idol episode, at which point it was actually pretty good. The movie was enjoyable too.

Also, Mirai is flat and boring.

If you rewatch it you'll see that it knew what it wanted to be from the start. The problem is that the director didn't make it clear and so at the start you expect an action show when it's actually a romance.

It marked kyoani's official transition to kyoanus, or kusoanus if you prefer.

>director is doing another fantasy romance
I know it's completely different approaches but still.

Mirai was too much of a moeblob with no substance. Most kyoani girls are moeblobs but they at least aren't one note.

Mirai is super cute, I love her.

Also if anyone hasn't watched the movie you should give it a try, it was pretty good.

i love mirai so much
how can someone be this cute

It was boring kyoani sameface shit

I liked it a ton, but disappointed by the ending. They kept the ambiguity quite well, but after the big reveal (Mirai's true motives revealed) should've gone with Izumi being the main antagonist (with cave guy in the background) and Fujima being revealed to be the good guy, sent by Aki's mom to investigate the town and ensure his wellbeing. Which would've tied in nicely with him utilizing Sakura to kill Mirai - because he figured out Mirai was sent as an assassin to kill Aki. I would've loved that turn of events.

Even though I enjoyed the series, the movie was pretty rage inducing until the last 20-30 minutes. Plus I'm still somewhat unsatisfied with the bittersweet ending. Whoever was in charge knew how to wring the emotions out of you with the romance plot but I still found their manipulation underhanded.

It would have been a 2/10 from any other studio. KyoAni magic managed to bring it to a 4/10.

Kyoani needs more fighting girls like Mai who are more than just cute. Come to think of it that makes her quite unique among Kyoani girls.

>implying this autist wouldn't beat the shit out of you

for

Wrong MC. The OVA and movie showed that Hiroomi is much better

Getting major 3gatsu vibes there.

the future is bright then

mirai grew up nicely

>tits
Ruined

Only good episode is the idol one

>Why does Sup Forums hate it?
Sup Forums is renown for having absolutely shit taste, KnK is in the top 25% of anime.

I like the basic plot of it; troubled girl meets troubled guy and they have to went through lots of shit to find their peace together, but it's not a well-told show overall. Sometimes there's too much exposition (told instead of shown) and sometimes there's little explanation, so I didn't even know what's going on or who's doing what and why. Also the fight scenes, it's too flashy, I'd say it's like transformers, in comparison to phantom world's pacific rim.

Other than that, not a bad show really, just below average. Still I really like the way colors are used in the show, and the character designs are top-tier, they look soft without going moeblobby. I loved this cat and her little striped socks.

Someone please tell me what exactly is the purpose of this character and why does she do the same thing again and again.

boobs toast

This show's artstyle is beautiful and if you disagree you're wrong.

Because bitches ruin everything.

I thought it was really fluffy

I love when it's pink

I love when it's egg

Izumin~

I liked this anime, nothing amazing but I still enjoyed it. My only complaint are the characters, they aren't that interesting.

I love when it's lamp

someone should post pictures of the thicc shop owner

She was such a wasted character.
It would have been nice if she was a cute lesbian Christmas cake.

Instead she's the literal magic cum dump of some ugly old dude.