TLDR Goku Black & Zamasu Story Arch General

There's a group out there who thinks that it would've made for a better story had Zamasu chosen to switch bodies with Gohan rather than Goku, thus having a Gohan Black instead of a Goku Black.

Among other reasons it is pointed out that it would be a switch up, no pun intended, on the "Gohan defeat your Dad!, of the ginyu Saga, where Gohan has to fight Captain Ginyu who switched bodies with his father, only this time around it would be a "Goku defeat your son!" type thing.

Also people have noted that the switching bodies with Goku thing has gotten old as Zamasu is the third person to either desiered and/or actually switched bodies with Goku, the first being Ginyu, then Dr. Wheelo, and lastly, (or for the time being lastly who knows it could happen again) Zamasu.

What do you think did Zamasu choose the best person to switch bodies with logistically? What of for story purposes?

I always thought a Trunks Black would have been the smartest move, but what do I know.

(Side Question: Are the events of Dragon Ball Xenoverse canon?)

Here are some reasons argued for a Gohan Black instead of Goku Black:
dragonballz.aminoapps.com/page/blog/top-5-reasons-gohan-black-would-have-been-a-better-fit-then-goku-black/ERvT_Pu43jYrvYbzrMLB3e3p3j6RoWK

dragonballz.aminoapps.com/page/blog/why-gohan-black-would-be-better-than-goku-black/N4Dt_Muarqk66B3rnzQdwD0j4agMVza

Two characters the entire series could really have done without are gohan and Krillin, both of them get on my ever loving nerves. Should have just skipped Gohan and had a Goten.

Goten is even more useless than Gohan, if any son should be skipped it is Goten.
Also Krillin was Goku's OG rival and best friend, he has been there since like the second arc.

Well there are tons of ways to improve the zamasu arc so your suggestion doing it any good isn't impossible. Too late for it though.

die gohafag die

Goku should've remained childless. His kids are useless.

Wouldn't it have been wiser for lord Zamasu to travel back in time before the time splits, and switch bodies with Goku before he ever copulated with Chichi thus eliminating Gohan and Goten's involvement in any timeline.

Pretend to be the real Goku and go through the motions, destroy Bulma, thus annihilating Trunks, and betray Goku's early allies while pretending to be their friend, and destroy them while their guard is down.

Could he not have prevailed had he picked a different point in time to become Goku?

He sought to kill Kais & GoDs. A Goku too weak would suck.

So is Chichi. All she does is yell and scream and shriek like some histrionic on angel dust, every time she appears. It would've been better without any Chichi. God everytime she appears on screen I want to knock her against her head.

How the fuck did Goku fall for such an obnoxious person. Woman needs a lobotomy or to go on lithium or something. How he coupled with her I will never understand.

He could have spent aeons training up Goku's body while also dispatching foes early on that would've gotten in his way, by erasing them from history or just sneak betraying them.

Why hasn't anyone ever wished to become Shinron but without the Dragon Balls, thus giving them ultimate power over the Universe?

t. picked up db after cell

>How the fuck did Goku fall
He didn't fall for her at all before their marriage. He agreed to marry her so as to fulfill a promiose he had made when still a little squirt and he had no idea what he had even agreed to in fact.
According to Toriyama Goku sees Chichi as a friend just like his sons and Kuririn or Yamcha. His one family bond is with grandpa Gohan.

This is Zamasu. I doubt he's willing to put that much time. He'd be better off stealing a better body. Maybe view more of U7 & steal Frieza's body immediately following his training, steal Cell's if he's willing to train or check out the other universes & steal Jiren's body.

Gohan and Krillin were fantastic in the Namek arc.

>He didn't fall for her at all before their marriage
Nor did he after the marriage.

Well, yeah. Kinda stupid in my opinion but it's Toriyama's final word on it after all.

It's pretty coherent with Goku's personality though. He never struck me as the romantic type at all.

I thought he already spent centuries crossing timelines and destroying plantes upon planets.

No they sucked, a child and a midget arguing about nonsense.

Why does he stay with her? fucking her certaintly wasn't part of the package.

Why then did he get so upset when Zamasu and Goku Black reveal the death of his wife and child, if he doesn't love them. Goku has basically shrugged his shoulder's at others' deaths...

Maybe because it is Toei original content not written by Toriyama.

This may be more interesting, but that would make no sense, considering how irrelevant Gohan is at the moment this happens. There is just no reson to choose him for Zamasu.

The life of a Saiyan seems to suck, all they want to do is eat, and fight with no real purpose.

>Why does he stay with her? fucking her certaintly wasn't part of the package.
He is keeping his promise.

>Why then did he get so upset when Zamasu and Goku Black reveal the death of his wife and child
That was added by Toei.

This.

Fuck off Gokufag.

Would it not have been better to ask the all knowing fat space fuck who the strongest person that isn't a GoD or an Angel in existence was, found out it was Jiren, then take his body? I know he took Goku's out of some bizarre grudge but surely if Zamasu wanted no opposition at all, going for the strongest would have been even better for him.
He could sill train as Jiren too

Jiren wasn't part of the story at the moment.

that's a...good point. They can't include characters they haven't thought up yet

I'm not a Gokufag, fuck off.