Seirei no Moribito

So I just finished this fucking fantastic show last night. Just wanted to hear some of your thoughts on it. There were some episodes in the middle that had some "quality" but besides that it was great. If you plan on giving this show the 3 episode rule I'll just warn you and say that the first few episodes do not set the tone for the rest of the show so it might be misleading. I still hope you stick to it though. It's a great one. Also the ending -- hit me like a truck because I have a weak spot for people of royalty getting stuck with their shitty lives.

Anyway I'm reading the first 2 novels now to scratch the itch I have.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bK9cSX-peE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Anyway I'm reading the first 2 novels now to scratch the itch I have.
It's a pity that we'll never see Yami no Moribito animated, Balsa was pretty bad-ass there.
The anime, it's the "definitive" adaptation. They put a lot of the other books and original content in the middle, together with the author to refine the original text.

It is fantastic, with some great fight choreography as well. One of the few things I still have saved for regular rewatch and recommendation.

I was a little sad that the author's other work that was adapted, Kemono no Souja Erin, had such a simple animation style. Made it feel more like a kids show. (Still very good though!)

Does Balsa still follow the no killing rule in the later books?

Oh nice I'll check this one out too thanks. The amount of world building in moribito was pretty great and with this one being twice as long I can only imagine how fleshed out it will get.

>Erin

That was pure suffering

It's in my top 10. Balsa is a GOAT heroine and it does "epic fantasy adventure" better than just about anything else (including western films/books/games).

Soundtrack is also really neat:
youtube.com/watch?v=bK9cSX-peE4

Don't know.
But if I remember correctly she is contracted by Chagum to aid in a situation with another kingdom. Maybe to protect him she could kill.

It's nice to see some spear action instead of the usual sword worshiping.

God damn I want to surpass EOP to just read these novels
yea the first battle was fucking incredible. Some of the best fight choreography I've seen in awhile.

How are the novels good user?

I had wonderful memories of this anime and rewatch it every few years.

OP was the best.

Getting through the first book now. It's good but Balsa is much more talkative and it gives her inner thoughts a lot. Which is nice it gives a nice little layer to the story.

I really loved parts of this show but it felt like it went off the rails at the end.

One of the best I've seen indeed. The story and characters are really well written and I love the pacing. Also one of the few series to do the "fantasy" genre correctly.

Special mention to episode 8 - "The Swordsmith" which was fucking great and of course, the ending.

English translations are out already?

Only for the first 2 books but it's been 8 years since they released the 2nd one. We probably won't get another translation.

Man I never knew they had an official English translation at all. Is the quality actually any good?

Did it end before the anime ended?

Yea its good. Since it was done officially and the translator talked to Uehashi a lot for it.

Book 1 is the anime and Book 2 apparently starts off right where book 1/anime ends. I'm starting with book 1 though.

Thanks good user. Will try to find the translation on amazon.

Well even better news just found a fan translation of book 3. It's ongoing but its something and the latest update was 2 days ago. Dreams do come true.

tansoutsukai wordpress com

You are amazing user. Thank you.