Hinduism General

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single founder,
>A specific theological system,
>A single concept of deity,
>A single holy text,
>A single system of morality,
>A central religious authority,
>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Attached: navratri-images-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 389K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
hooktube.com/watch?v=VB7TXaZ1q6Y
grahamhancock.com/dmisrab6/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_(TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Political significancs of Hinduism

All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources

>Introduction for westerner

archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
>Bhagavad Gita

bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

>Upanishads

hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas

sacred-texts.com/hin/

>Ramayan

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa

>Mahabharata

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
>Ramayan anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

hooktube.com/watch?v=VB7TXaZ1q6Y

Attached: Cheatsheet.jpg (445x409, 72K)

Hi Hindubro, I see you post on the regular here. I have a favor to ask you: Can you please throw your images of Hindu related stuff and up it in a MEGA or something?

Also what's the state of Hinduism in India these days?

I like pastor anderson
I don't have many images i generally get them off the internet, I have the books i plan on making a mega of that
>state of Hinduism
Its good and bad at the same time we are prospering as a people but a lot of effort to divide Hindu along various lines which is working in a lot of areas

Attached: The_Pushpak viman,viman shastra,aloneworld.jpg (1600x998, 684K)

dat one sadhu
>hey bros
>bros i told u
>i told u about the vimana

Crypto panjeeet or pooaboo?

Attached: 24879864_1532711526821180_9072514553124181484_o.jpg (1440x961, 208K)

>Maa Barhmacharini
Haha fucking noob can't even afford a mount yet.

?

Attached: 9358119.jpg (302x475, 51K)

You will always be my favourite Pajeet. People like you make Sup Forums great.

Heil Hitler!
Heil Subhas!

Attached: Bros4Lyfe.png (1170x542, 526K)

>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
All you had to do was listen

Attached: joe nograin.jpg (193x261, 8K)

/fit approves
JAI HO

I suppose I'm curious, what are the main tenants of Hinduism and if there's no set version of it, has it become divided into multiple sects like Christianity?

They main tenant of Hinduism is dharma or your duty towards the universe and it has a lot more sects than Christianity

good luck in the coming war i guess

Hey hindubro i have a question: are kalki sect a common thing or are they rare? And I don't mean the muslims using taquiya pretending that Mohammed is Kalki or something equally retarded

>kali yuga meme
yeah, civilized life comes with some downsides. what a revelation

We have vishu sects nor particularly a Kalki sect but I'm pretty sure that is a thing too

We can make anime 'real', then have sex with our waifus, simply by using manojava siddhi (which is the ability to instantly take your body wherever your mind goes, which is basically teleportation) to teleport ourselves into a universe where anime is 'real'. In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (end of part 1)

Attached: yogi.jpg (624x850, 74K)

(start of part 2) You can awaken your siddhis through samyama, which is a state of consciousness in which one perceives the fundamental level of 'reality' where a perceiving subject (like you, for example) is merged with your perceived object. For example, to achieve laghima siddhi, you have to perform samyama on the lightness of a feather (for example) so that you become as light as that feather (or that you become the lightness of that feather, if you want to look at it that way). (end of part 2)

Attached: basedindianman.jpg (640x430, 54K)

(start of part 3) Some people sneer at the siddhis because they do not believe in their existence, others because they think it is noble and spiritual to despise them. Both attitudes proceed from ignorance. Like that kike Jesus Christ said truly "Be in the world, but not of the world." If you realise that this world is naught but Maya and are not attached to it, then you can play with it and have fun with it. Siddhis only keep you tied to Samsara if you are attached to them. The siddhis in and of themselves are neither good nor evil, but represent the next level of both humanity's physical evolution and humanity's mental evolution. Siddhis are only a spiritual hazard if you are attached to them. Yogis know that the siddhis can be a distraction to the true spiritual goal of moksha if they are not used properly and that is why they NEVER use their siddhis for ego-based reasons, but ONLY to help other people without ANY desire to be rewarded and also as calling cards to make people accept that there is indeed a spiritual component to 'reality' that exists beyond the reach of the five senses. Anime won't ever BECOME 'real' because anime is ALREADY 'real' in an infinite number of universes. Anime is not 'real' here, but it IS 'real'. What we call 'reality' is illusory and therefore malleable. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY TO BEGIN WITH. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT FOR PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF (WHICH IS INFINITE AND ETERNAL). I shall use manojava siddhi to teleport into a universe where anime is 'real' and make sweet, sweet love to one of my waifus there. Indians can teach us how to enter these other universes to make sweet, sweet love to our waifus through manojava siddhi. (end of part 3)

Attached: siddhiscanmakeanimereal.jpg (1339x1024, 281K)

(start of part 4) Once I teleport my waifu into this universe using manojava siddhi, I will use manojava siddhi to teleport my waifu and I into a Simpsons universe, then I will use kamarupam siddhi (which is the ability to assume any form you desire) to 'Simpsonise' my waifu and I by making my waifu and I look like what we'd look like if we were Simpsons characters (such as having yellow skin and four fingers on each of our hands, for example), then I will use manojava siddhi again to teleport my waifu and I into a Star Wars universe, then travel to Naboo, then have a date with my waifu on Naboo. Then I will teleport my waifu back into this universe using manojava siddhi and then I will use anima siddhi (which is the ability to make your body and/or anything else as small as you want) to shrink the Moon until it can fit in the palm of my hand. Then I will turn the Moon into a necklace for my waifu. (end)

Attached: naboo.png (1916x810, 3.6M)

This tab feels nice but I don't like reading, what would you suggest?

do you have a fanfiction written? I swear there are 100s using that type of story line,must be some truth to it.

I think I'd be okay keeping it in what ever virtual realities are present post singularity, lots to explore in this dimension before traveling. seems expensive too.

I don't have videos for you jamal you gotta read

>do you have a fanfiction written?

A few.

Attached: animemaderealbecauseofsiddhis.jpg (600x450, 88K)

Jamal is my slave name, call me moses.
anyway, I just think being solely written is a mistake because no matter how great the writer, especially after edits and translation, meaning and essence is distorted - in a video or audio I don't have that failing; also has Hinduism produced any enlightened masters in this generation? if no, then why practice it?
I like that picture, I wonder if you had a doll if it'd eventually manifest a light body and glow/look alive if you manifested hard enough.

sage you fucking poo

This isn't the first one and it won't be the last mutt

Attached: Yugas-Ages-based-on-Sri-Yukteswar.png (2000x2000, 1.02M)

OP, when is Kalki going to come and purge everyone?

Attached: Lord-Kalki-comes-at-the-end-of-time-and-simply-kills-everyone.jpg (1837x2438, 3.68M)

I've linked the best translation i can and the introduction book for westerns is quite based, as our texts are available in the original language you can have good translations

so no current enlightened masters and you still follow this?

why not be a christian or a jew then? I don't really see a point.

It's like believe in this mythology and be good according to this tradition but if it can't help you to transcend and access hidden knowledge than what's the point?

thanks anyway.

Hopefully 2025

Attached: avoid-gurus-follow-plants-terence-mckenna-via-art-of-the-14439022(3)~01.png (500x613, 204K)

Then another question which is more esoteric in nature, since you're still in the thread:

I often read about how you guys, being amazing astrologist (and I mean that honestly) surely used it as way to date things on a large time span for aeons, and is surely the source for all your calculations concerning the lengths of the yuga's and etc but could it be that you did a miscalculation due to the very subtle influence of the 3rd type of rotation of the earth? The first two are obviously well known: the first one which involve the rotation as in on the equatorial axis and the second one caused by the inclination of the earth (aka Axial tilt) but it also take into consideration the 3rd one which result from the nigh undetectable swinging/wobbling around the pole axis, also known as the Chandler wobble? As in, the earth rotation kind of wobble around the poles, kind of like a magnet trying to right itself to the correct position but on such a large scale its like a reaction in slow motion, it isn't in a static position.

I wondered about that one for a while since It surely would affect the reading of star maps and in turn might cause some miscalculation in the prediction of star position and is such a nigh undetectable detail (was only relatively recently theorized about and even more recently proven by direct observation from space) that we can't blame the Hindu astrologist of old for not detecting it since it required such minute observation that simply couldn't be made with the precision, given the minimal influence of the wobble upon observable sky.

Tl;dr: Could the Chandler wobble caused miscalculation in the prediction of the duration of the yuga's?

Attached: ss+(2015-07-08+at+01.12.43).jpg (576x438, 29K)

The current master is probably b& right now

He gets into how the yug cycle are calculated

I'd believe that, politics ruining everything, we literally have to make it to the golden age for people to get their heads out of their ass and accept that the atheistic view of a dead universe is vastly incorrect and maybe there was more to these miraculous abilities discussed in literally every tradition.

I think it might be 2150 but the earlier the better

There are many enlightened masters across the country who are not famous like celebrity. I've met a few myself

did they follow Hinduism or self taught?

But they don't post on Sup Forums; there are a few mutts that post shit threads from time to time.

Attached: 1520355906277m.jpg (588x1024, 83K)

All real Hindus are self-taught.

Interesting read, thanks a lot for the link, its getting kind of late here but i'll definitely read it all tommorow.

Not really you gain information from the vast culture and your family without realising what that information means its almost impossible to learn Hinduism if you weren't born in it

You can bring anyone to the well but only the thirsty will bother to drink

Attached: Bahubali-first look.jpg (1024x551, 187K)

Who is this qt3.14?

(((1)))

You guys really don't like when we get along with each other, do you? Sup Forums is the scariest thing in the world right now. Get fucked shill.

Attached: PictureTakenPostTrustFalls.jpg (420x263, 43K)

Just some random girl I saw while I was waiting at a street restaurant for dosa.

Attached: 1508866022751.jpg (720x712, 232K)

did u bang her

Attached: 1509652329688.jpg (750x714, 35K)

No she is not my caste and race mixing is against dharma :(

Why tf is this thread on pol? This is so out of place and uncalled for. You do you buddy, as long as you don't commit crimes, no one cares.

Come home brown man, and religion is related to politics

Gypsies aren't Indians. They're chimpanzee men, kind of like Somalis.

I mostly agree with this except I meditate on things that are explicitly real and can become real

What if I told you Jesus practiced yoga by bringing God to men's hearts and Henry Ford practiced yoga by bringing men's hearts to God

That's a mushroom though

Inb4 mushrooms aren't plants

Can the end be pushed back if we feed the gods as our ancestors did?

Attached: BF7851A5-29B0-4A8A-A2D5-0FD94F11CC19.jpg (640x640, 70K)

Plants have chloroplasts you moron

No. Once you have to shit, no matter how hard you try to stop it, it will come.

Why would you want to push it back and probably no

Kek

Attached: 1521440084536.jpg (536x547, 51K)

Watch this series maybe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_(TV_series)
And search for mysteries surrounding Mt. Kailash

Mushrooms are closer to being animal

>closer to being animal
Closer to being an* animal. We speak the Queen's english here.

but that means maybe yes...
if things are destined to get worse anyway what harm is there in trying to keep what we have as long as possible?

Attached: 6F640F3A-01F7-47A5-8529-427A592E7753.jpg (701x800, 189K)

Oh and maybe Sadhguru videos

Same thing if you became a vegetable and your mom said keep it alive. You are dead and gone, why spend so much effort keeping bodily remains? So too with the yuga, when the time comes it is foolish to stop it. Your mom would spend her time better tending to her grandson that the remains of her son, so too are people at the end of Kali yuga better suited to prepare for the dawn of satya yuga.

But we will not survive the death of this world.
The death of the world always means the death of the people.

*than the remains

No it doesn't; it means the rebirth of its people. Many will die sure, but not all.

What is the relevance of Hindusim to me as an Indian Christian

I doubt anything will survive but the people will be remade that’s true. I just love this world and dont want to see it die.

The same as for any other christian.

Watch more star wars. George Lucas studied Hinduism to make it

Attached: 9abd6e5c6d6818a9a580d3de04304f0a.jpg (190x265, 13K)

So do you guys believe in only one God?

Depends on what you mean by god

Nobody believes in a stupid abrahamic God whose only purpose is to say mean things to keep the goyim behaving appropriately. If you're asking if we believe there is one unifying consciousness, yes. But you don't owe it anything and you're allowed to depict it however you want because Hindus don't treat their fellow people as goy.

A Creator.

Is conversion possible to hinduism? I heard it's not.

Are there other worlds/dimensions and how do I get to them thanks

Yes a single creator

And do you have other deities?

Religion isn't a golf club you need membership into, but yes conversion isn't a thing in Hinduism

You can call yourself whatever you want; other Hindus will judge whether or not they like your dharma.

If there is a creator; he is also destroyer

Attached: cc9965fac2ebf2d5d614af65ca993ef7.jpg (514x520, 179K)

We are all living in the dream of a cosmic consicness, everything is an aspect of him but on the question of god we have 3 main ones a creator called brahma, shiva the destroyer or transformer and vishnu maintains this reality

Hinduism has no "conversion" because there isn't a concept of "religion" in dharmic philosophies. You either understand the philosophy, or you don't.

7 worlds below
7 worlds above

sounds like lovecraft

Attached: DF30E4D8-E5C5-4813-9DBB-583C8A070F25.jpg (220x297, 36K)

That's Buddhism iirc

No fuck him, nobody likes his shit anyway. He basically invented tentacle porn.

Did brahma created shiva and vishnu?

What's your views on the hereafter?

So, God is not personal in any way like lets say the Christian God?

What hereafter; you're already dead and have earned union with the greater consciousness. I suppose if you're very arrogant by nature, as I am, then you could see the hereafter as the impact you leave on the greater consciousness, e.g. ashoka

No the trimurti (the 3 idols) are necessary for this reality
Again depends on what you mean by god as western lack a lot of words they classify a lot of things that aren't :gods ' as gods, in its essence Hinduism is paganism you do worship your ancestors so you can have a personal' god' but a supreme god is absent