Why is there no Haruhi Suzumiya season 3?

Why is there no Haruhi Suzumiya season 3?

Didn't even have a complete Season 2.

MC ruined forever by sex scandals.

But it's airing right now.

KyoAni cannot legally make a S3.

The technology is just not there yet to be able to cover the intricate abstract material with an anime adaptation.

Because producing anime is so expensive that Kadokawa doesn't want risk money on it now that they can't take advantage of the whole franchise (ie. anime acting as an advertisement for the novels and all sorts of goods) for various reasons like no new novels being written for ages, Kyoani focusing on their own inbred LN adaptations, and female seiyuu being out of their prime for music/event/whatever profits.

Because the author is a fag

Endless Eight, Aya Hirano scandal ruined marketability basically

Anime of 2000 in a nutshell.

Because God fucking hates me.

damn good question.

Because they aired same episode 8 times in a row

You don't have enough Meme Magic.

I always thought it was because of the whole thing with Aya Hirano fucking everyone in her band (except for the bass player) and her taking a hiatus from voice acting.

stuff from 10 years ago should stay 10 years ago. there's no need to dig up the corpse of a beaten horse to keep beating it

Because you can wait for a little longer, huh?

Ask the bassist

I'd be happy with a new LN volume desu

The franchise is dead and well deserved, it was normalfag first overrated anime circa 2006.

the curse remains until she completes the quest by fucking the bass player

>and now Sup Forums praisese VEG, the next most overrated normalfag anime for next 12 years, like a second coming
Sup Forums will never learn

>forced opinions

Because god is dead.

You'll take Yuki-chan and you'll be fucking pleased about it

Aya being a massive slut.

After Aya Hirano fucks the bassist. The ritual isn't complete yet.

The huge popularity it had is long gone, nobody wants another endless eight, and a scandal around Aya Hirano fucking her band mates a while back. This series should stay dead.

that was not my yuki-chan

kek

because it was shit

>The first season literally aired 11 years ago

Something isn't right, it's like I have been trapped inside a time bubble.

I'd rather have a second movie similar to "Disappearance". S2 was rather boring imo.

Why was that a scandal to begin with, by now it should be known to everyone that women are massive whores that ride the cock carousel.

It means you're the slider Kyon was looking for

At the risk of starting a denwa thread, I'm going to have to agree with you.
It's like a part of me can't move on without at least seeing the rest of the LNs that exist animated, or a satisfying link from present day to college Haruhi.
I remember hearing there was supposed to be something to the hiatus length that Tanigawa was doing on purpose, but I can't remember... That might have even been about Homestuck honestly, it was so long ago when I heard that rumor...
People like us are all going to end up being ghosts still posting these threads, doomed to forever haunt this board until the end is finally made.

This bit especially hurts that it's not animated.

Can someone explain to me what was their thought process when they aired the same episode 8 times?

They decided to move Disappearance to being a movie at the last second then realized "shoot we need to fill a season with only a few stories"
Disappearance was good enough to warrant that movie, but Endless Eight buried this in most people's eyes
I continue to like Endless Eight unironically but agree that it should never have been made the way it was

Personally, I don't understand why myself. Otakus probably wanted a reason to shit all over her.

Because Tanigawa is busy reviewing other people's novels instead of writing his own.

Yet the second season made $9M. That's almost 10 times what a regular season of anime makes.

Amazing. They can sell 8/14 episodes of garbage and people would pay it for it based on the name attached alone.

If they made a 3rd season now they'll still make money off this.

>the LN is on hiatus

I thought it was over?

nope, ran out of words

He says he is running out of words.

What does that mean?

If they made a 3rd season now they'll make 0 money, the ship has sailed long ago

What the FUCK did he mean by this?

Probably, but they're scared that
1. Tanigawa and co. haven't produced enough material to warrant another season (lies)
2. Tanigawa has severe writer's block about where to go next
3. It's been 6 years since Surprise was published, meaning Tanigawa probably hasn't written anything in that time
4. No matter what Tanigawa writes now, it's probably going to be overly hyped
5. So many other anime series have used similar formulas since Haruhi began that it's probably going to feel rehashed even if it's original
6. Time travelers, aliens, and espers are preventing us from seeing further chapters
7. How the heck do you write Mikuru's graduation without Haruhi destroying the universe
8. Endless
9. Haruhi has already destroyed her universe because she didn't want Mikuru to graduate and have to leave
10. Yuki-chan has gone further down the timeline than the main series now, and therefore the main series would potentially have to reflect it - perhaps Tanigawa just wants us to write our own endings for ourselves
Is that what he's doing now? I think I'd like to see that.

FMP is coming back after 10+ years. It'll STILL make money, homie.

Because the first two were shit

The words he is looking for to accurately continue his account of fictional events pertaining to Haruhi Suzumiya do not exist in his current vocabulary. To use terms easily understood, I believe the closest word would be "writer's block."

Japan is intolerant of promiscuous women, and a certain type of otaku are particularly so. It's not universal among all otaku, but there are always maniac otaku who get enraged if a female VA even gets married or has a boyfriend, let alone some kind of sex scandal. They think it defiles the purity of the characters who that VA voiced. Japanese music idols are treated the exact same way by their fans, only even more strictly. Since some VAs are also idols too, this ensures this mindset is always going to be an issue for anime in Japan. Even though these crazy fans are a minority, the anime industry, which has a high value-low volume sales model, has to sell shit to them. This means the crazies will always have an influence that belies their relatively small size.

Aki Toyosaki is getting married and it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.

Yuki-chan was au so it's not exactly important to the canon

Events in Yuki-chan are tailored to the main storyline
A part of him will probably always want to reconcile it
Thanks user

I thought Yuki-chan was like a sort of 'what if' kyon had forgotten the original universe and was in the disappearance universe instead, otherwise wouldn't he have recognised Haruhi/Koizumi?

Yes that's partially what's happening, but if you look you see there's parallels, fixed points between the timelines of this AU and the main series, especially once Haruhi herself appears.
>Kyon and Yuki help Haruhi write a message to Santa
>Kyon gets Yuki the library card in what is implied to be May, since it's the beginning of the school year and she's trying to save the Literature Club from being shut down
>A young Kyon meets a young Haruhi on Tanabata in 200X -3 but it leads to something different
>A trip is planned by Haruhi where they partake in activities eerily similar to the activities during Remote Island Syndrome with some touches of Endless Eight (including a test of courage and karaoke)
>Reverse Disappearance arc where Yuki becomes essentially alpha Yuki for a while and gets to experience a world in which she'd fall in love with Kyon
>Sasaki and some Anti-SOS members are introduced after the Reverse Disappearance arc, which takes place in spring instead of winter
>Doesn't count but Fure Fure Mirai, from the anime, straight up trolls the viewers with its references to Hare Hare Yukai
Personally, I find it nicer to think about it as Haruhi's subconscious creating a pocket universe so Yuki could have what she wanted too, but that's a stretch.

I think Haruhi is too narcissistic to even realise that Yuki likes Kyon desu although that is a nice theory

It's fucking stupid if you ask me. But I think I can somewhat understand.

A remake is more reasonable.

At some point big Anime remakes need to start

Hollywood adaptation of Haruhi when?

After the Keion one

That's the problem user. You could probably make one or two movies with the other unadapted volumes of Haruhi, but the fuckers over at Kadokawa don't want it! I just don't get it. Haruhi makes a lot of money, the novels make a lot of money, Disappearance made a shit ton of money too.

If that's the case why don't they just adapt the novels and make them as movies for maximum jewery? Hell, they could release remakes of Haruhi and it would make them a fortune.

I mean, SHAFT did it with Kizu, why can't KyoAni and Kadokawa do it with Haruhi?

At least Haruhisky is still around.

Holy mother of lewd and cute

Bitches on the show look retarded af

Do you like what you see?

I hope haruhisky never stops being a literal gift from god

Me too user.

What did Kyoani mean by this

Unofficial K-On! prequel

The last book from tanigawa was Zetsuboukei. That was 3 years ago. He even interviewed hyouka author recently and has been writing comments on stuff. He's now one of the judges for sneaker bunko's rookie writer award contest

Threadly Reminder that Kyon is the one with powers and not Haruhi.

I wasn't even aware he finished his last novel, the one who splitted in two universes. I would look it up but by this point I would have to read everything again.
>Haruhi has already destroyed her universe because she didn't want Mikuru to graduate and have to leave
Sounds interesting, it was a short story after all the mess with the other Haruhi?

>it should be known to everyone that women are massive whores that ride the cock carousel
Japan is just retarded. Their definition of sex scandal is "had sex". Not even fucking a married man, or cheating, or anything like that, just basic sex. It's ridiculous to expect an adult person to refrain from sex for no reason, unless that person is so unlikable no one wants their genitals near them. Idolfags probably want to pretend that those girls are little kids with no sex drive because they're seriously sick. But the "the VA married, her character is ruined" crowd is even worse.

A better question is, when is Nichijou season 2?

>people still think it's the Aya scandal
are you people stupid or what? I thought everyone knew it was Tanigawa's fault.

Her Seiyuu is a slut and got ran out of the industry

S3 would be kino. See

Is Yuko Goto dead yet?
She's probably dead by now. Pretty sure she's been dying since season 2 aired.

It's okay user, she's still spilling coffees somewhere in the world.

Imagine being so devoted to your waifu that you continue drawing fanart 7 years later

No, she was in Maid dragon

How's your phone doing, Sup Forums?

>Kyon enojoys this every night
Fucking lucky fucker.
But he deserves it.

I like to think that Yuki just subconsciously misses the old timeline, so she's unknowingly bringing elements form it in.

Huh I just realized I've never seen him draw Kyon until now

he's jealous

Literally me for the rest of my life.

At least the one of us is happy

>tfw no haruhi girlfriend

Probably me too if haruhisky keeps going on like this