Can we all agree this show would be so much better with Chicken as MC who makes it to the end?

Can we all agree this show would be so much better with Chicken as MC who makes it to the end?

tfw she had the shitty luck of running into Ox so early on.

>Unironically watching garbage

I think you mean Monkey.

MC are Rabbit or Rat deal with it.

accorig to my list I had seen the first two eps of this. I checked out the third and it rung no bells

Show seems too edgy and nihilistic.

She dies to protect monkey and rat, gets kill terribly. Monkey dies with her shitty ideals that didn't go anywhere.

>so edgy and contrarian you've forgotten how to enjoy things

Monkey was too naive, her foolishness inevitably got her killed.

Plus, unlike Monkey, Chicken had a lot more potential and was showing development before being killed off. She went through life not caring about anyone but herself but then Monkey's compassion driven her to care about other people too even though she was in denial about it. I found her POV to be the most engaging and could have led to more interesting developments had she lived longer.

Also, Chicken's methods are really interesting, the way she tricked people in her backstory and how she manipulated Dog into giving her power up. That's something that would have been cool to see more of, especially if it clashes with her newfound morals.

>tfw you thought Monkey passed her death flag episode and they were going to break the pattern but then they just kill three characters in the same order two episodes later.

Also the fact that she's really cute too.

>sees Ox
>has a panic attack and dies
That was dumb as hell

Apparently, she was driven by Monkey's compassion to defend them and fight Ox even though she herself knew she had no chance in winning. Sad it had to turn out that way.

chickens are dumb

perhaps you missed the moral of her story

I'd rather more boar.

Why is this show so bad?

Boar would have been the best MC for the show, she still has had the best back story and build up so far as a character.

Nisio fags should really reconsider Nisio's "brilliancy" as a writer.
>makes battle royale with 12 extrordinary people
And what he does with them? NOTHING.
They all just die like flies in the most boring and predictable way possible, it's not amusing or interesting, or shocking or bizzare, or funny or entertaining at all.
Nisio act like he's doing something unpredictable, but even without knowing his tricks, anyone will be able to see his BRILLIANT GENIUS WRITING MOVES for miles away, like seriously
>MAAAN I TOTALLY CANNOT TAKE THIS CHICK SERIOUSLY SHE'S SO NOT TREATING
>DID I MENTION I FEEL NO TREAT FROM HER?
>I'M DEFINETLY NOT GOING TO DIE BY HER HANDS SINCE I UNDERRSTIMATE HER
>OH MY I'M DEAD HOW COULD THIS POSSIBLY HAPPEND!!11
And list goes on.

I don't think she was dumb at all. The reason she died was because of a confused sense of compassion she never thought she had. She knew herself she didn't stand a chance against Ox but couldn't control herself in fighting anyway.

>edgy
>contrarian
Cool buzzwords, you might one day learn what they actually meant, because no one really following this shit outside of few individuals, also this is edgefest, so you are twice the fool, boy.

she got a physical buff when she isn't a physical character, yet used the buff to kill her ally

>not stupid
o k

>traitorous bitch
>any good
Thanks for the laugh.

Wasn't the guy going to betray her though?

>Waifuing a boring character who accomplished very little before dying anticlimactically
>Having bad opinions
What a surprise

Dog was planning on backstabbing Chicken all along, and could have (and would have) attacked her the moment he deemed it convenient. Chicken had nothing to lose from killing him the moment she could as soon as she got the buff from him, did you really think he was going to be useful to her when he explicitly said he was planning on using her as a weapon and bait before killing her?

She had potential to develop though. She was selfish due to her upbringing and just going through life using and decieving people. But when she met Rat and Monkey, she develops a compassionate side which confuse her.

the buff was useless, aside from allowing her to kill her only ally, and led to her own death

Show's not very edgy and you can't get too nihilistic imo.

if she gt the buff, took out boar, teamed up with dog, monkey, rat, they wouldve had chance against ox, or ox could have joined them and rofl stomped the rest of the contestants, maybe even let monkey do the everybody wins plan

but no, she had to kill dog, refuse to join a group and got killed wandering around by herself

>That insane looking rabbit who clearly killed a guy before the game even started.
>I'm going to talk to him about peace.
Monkey was fucking stupid and died stupidly. Chicken at least had some dignity in death.

>you can't get too nihilistic
As entertainment for this show, I don't agree.

Every episode ending on their past and present not amounting to anything seems boring. I'd like to understand what they're going for in the whole anyone can die and any time thing but when the just die without even a single hint of a overarching meaning it's just not that interesting.

I think Chicken's problems were more emotional. She didn't really trust anyone and she was right to distrust Dog as he was planning to betray her too. She kind of went through life using and betraying people.

Its time for Nisio to fall for the isekai meme next after this battle royal shenanigans.

not much of a winner, no

>Nisio act like he's doing something unpredictable
Is that what he calls killing everyone backwards from the zodiac order and some time after they had their POV and back story revealed?

Well technically that'd be the anime director's fault, isn't it an adaptation?

If they changed the order in the adaptation, wouldn't that mess up the plot though?

>literally tell the audience the death order at the start and kill them off at the end of each chapter
>there are still idiots thinking it's unpredictable or intended to be

I prefer Chicken's backstory as it set her up as having trust issues and lots of potential for development.

I went into this looking for another cute vampire loli but nisioisin dissapointed me so hard

It's too predictable. For whatever reason somehow they're able to do all these events and it's still night time (to keep up with the edgy atmosphere) but walking on foot 1 mile takes 30 minutes on average. It'd edgy but I said that already. The best character died in ep 3.

female rat

This.

I don't know why anyone thought the death order was a good idea. Did Nisio just get all these cool designs but didn't have an idea on how to start planning the story so decided to be lazy and used the zodiac order to layout the story?

rat wins in the end

I wouldn't really say it's bad but the predictable formula is a really big issue that brings down the suspense and enjoyment. As it is, it's quite average but could have been much better.

So I'm guessing there are people that have figured out the Zodiac order yet. Or even if they don't know anything about the Zodiac they just haven't realized the ED spells it out for them. I can't think of any other reason why a thread like this should exist.

>it's not amusing or interesting ... or funny or entertaining
Ah, another "If I waffle on long enough, I can pretend my opinions are facts" tryhard.

Try harder.

Basically, fuck the zodiac order and best girl would be better as MC.

What part of it is interesting or entertaining?

Maybe not the straight up protagonist but would have been good as one of the main characters who deals with her issues alongside the MC(who's probably Rat).

Rat is the main charecter.

The whole novel is a prequel to the story of Rat getting his wishes.

That's a big prequel

He didn't tell anything, unless you know the order of zodiac it's not plain obvious.
Besides, he put more on how they gonna die, rather then on who's gonna die first, which was awful anyway.

I don't think this show has any hope of being good regardless of who's the MC.

I didn't pretend my opinions are fact, but go one and project harder.

They are all cued in the OP.
They're in death order, in the ED.
It's an adaptation of a prequel about the story of the person who wins.

It does get a little more complex later on but the order of deaths was never intended to be a mystery, and ultimately tend to follow the theme of arrogance, so it's pretty telegraphed too when they're about to happen.

Only Rat and Ox, being the weakest fighters, respect the strengths of their opponents and thus make it to the end.

rats mostly wins in king games, thats some realistic stuff.

Ox is supposed to be weak? He stabbed the birb before she could see it

Ox, Tiger and Sheep don't have any special powers.

Sheep relied on strategy/trickery and experience, but got cocky and died.
Tiger relies on raw talent, dulling her mind with alcohol in lieu of actually focusing herself.
Ox is just a badass dude with a sword. He knows what he's here for and goes at it 100% and without pretenses.

Rat is like Sheep in that his only tool is strategy and experience, and if you notice he's actually following the strategy that Sheep intended (ally with the strong ones, avoid conflict if possible), but his personality and outlook is much more like Ox's.