ITT: Underappreciated manga

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
youtube.com/watch?v=SHiPNimcvVI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Underappreciated in the grand scheme of things maybe but I found it overrated on Sup Forums in 2008

I could not get into it and I hate the guy's art

This is mainstream as fuck in Japan but legit underappreciated in the west

the art style is genuinely vomit-inducing

Incredibly influential in Japan but nobody cares about it here.

so cheesy yet so good, Papillon is a tier 1 rival

Read it way back and honestly feel it being forgotten is appropriate. What's special about it?

The Female Lead having a facial scar. It should be more common. Also Pappilon is a cool guy

This. It was a fun, good little shounen, just not that special.

Hahaha

Oh wait you're serious? Let me laugh even harder

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everything looks so sinewy.

It was basically bleach done right so I guess it caught on with that crowd

THIS!

Did you read the manga on its own, watch the shitty adaptation, or do a little bit of both?

Tsugumomo has it's own thread when it airs, but it really is an amazing manga.

this looks like it was done by the AgK illustrator

shill and shill scan and traduce

translations

Reminder that the ones that don't get any reply in this thread are the truly underappreciated ones

In English?

ALL OF COOL WORKS

Still no truly underappreciated manga posted in this thread I guess.

where do I read this?

Found this by chance, and was wondering why nobody talks about this. The manga industry needs a more expansive horror genre.

Fair enough.
Now I'll stop being a pretentious sounding asshole and just post one of the best comedy bits in manga.

Only manga I have ever bought the full set of volumes for. I felt really bad for Watsuki, he was very sad about the cancellation.

Only recently came across COOL's stuff and goddamn does is scratch a buncha itches I've been having for ages now.
Fucking highschool romcom with an actual confession in the first dozen chapters.

he does hentai too

good you like him user

Got the scans off BakaBt years ago.

Something that managed to get an animu can't be all that underappreciated.

For some reason, I never see this gets discussed in Sup Forums, when it seems like it's exactly what Sup Forums would like.

this nigga right here

I like this a lot, so tasteful

Pretty sure most everyone stop caring once they went back to earth plus waiting on volume releases from the translators didn't help.

would you a girl kenshin?

I would

i found eatman pretty late so maybe its just me

I would

Wasn’t this written by the guy who wrote ajin?
Didn’t he leave it?
Is it still trAsh?

Everything written and drawn by Abe Youichi

I don't think I've ever seen someone mention Saturn Apartments. It's one of my favorite finds as of late.

>all these "underappreciated" manga that had anime adaptions and were fully translated or get regular translations

It's very comfy.

Damn, havent read this manga in a long time. Only got throught the 2nd vol. What happen?

Yup, last update was November 8th, and it's not that great but it definitely isn't the worst. The pacing is god awful, which cancels out the awesomeness of the concept.

Came here to post this. I only know of 1 other clothroad bro besides you. Fucking RIP, shit ended years ago but no translations.

The female MC has great legs though.

youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810

That Kyoushinsha's a pretty Cool guy. Eh draws oujou-samas and doesn't afraid of anything.

New translated chapters never. It left off at a really good part too.

Many people will never touch it cause the anime was so bad.

This is shit, and there's a very sizable horror genre.

People only care about the crappy OVA adaptation of the flashback chapters.

The manga turned to shit too though. Just in a different way.

Read the first volume and I'm hooked.

Fucking amazing

Iirc it did get a lot of attention before but then it did something (I forget what exactly its been so long) that made it unpopular and then went on hiatus for years which killed discussion.

I read this because it's written by the same author as Read or Die. Fell out of it a couple volumes in because as said, no translations.

Speaking of Read or Die, too few people are only aware of the anime, and have never even taken a peek at the manga.

In the west at least.

>That
>underappreciated

How new are you?

I guess I must be the opposite- I've read the manga but was not aware of the anime. It's been a while though.

Also, no translations for Rehabilitation.

I remember it was getting translations back in 2010 when I read it, no idea what happened to it.

i win

I need to finish it. Their gritty, off brand Gatchaman manga has been pretty good too.

never finished I read a few parts of the manga and watched a few episodes.

If it ever gets any recognition due to an anime or new translations, I fully expect "it ripped of Kill la Kill" shitposting

Still not sure how to feel about the anime getting it bump limit threads

This manga will be appreciated more in the future, it just isnt there yet.

It just needs to be translated. That would be nice.

>smell fetish
>student-teacher romance
>female ntr
>good end

Kanojo wa Sore o Gaman Dekinai

Main character is a social outcast that spends his entire day in an animal suit. Teacher has a smell fetish and is attracted to his sweat. MC has a crush on another girl. It's a nice and weird romance.

Why Are We Still Here? Just To Suffer?

I have the volumes too and reading his comments on the manga is so weird, I could never understand why the ratings always dropped during a fight and rose afterwards when he's famous for being the author of fucking Ruroni Kenshin, they weren't exactly bad either

Literally nobody but me reads this shit

but it’s well-received on Sup Forums

We don’t discuss it because the manga is over. It’s one of the very rare manga where cakes win

Has everyone forgotten Witch Loli & Dino Pal already?

This is being officially translated user.

Good taste

It’s Gleipnir but with romance and no action

Are they? I thought they canned it after Dey Ray got bought out.

i will never understand why psyren never got an anime adaptation

v15 just came out.

i really liked voinych hotel

WHOA WHOA
OH MY TOE

youtube.com/watch?v=SHiPNimcvVI

could you tell its name?

i rmember the anime,it was not that good

This is underappreciated in mainstream point of view yeah, but if you think this doesn't get any kind of attention then you're just retarded
I enjoy this much more than Initial D to be honest. The atmosphere and the characters way of life are literally free and wild but still believable enough. Also, Sawako a cute

LITERALLY THE FIRST IMAGE SEARCH RESULT