Here's one you guys probs don't know about but gets to me

Have you ever wondered how black people could go from creating jazz to producing hip hop? It is rather odd, if you think about it. Well, wonder no more, because black people didn't invent jazz music. (((They))) say, grudgingly, after years of people trying to get them to give credit where credit is due, "well, fine it >was< European from its beginnings to its pinnacle, BUT it wouldn't have existed without those sick African slave beats", which is like saying that hip hop is white because it wouldn't exist without microphones and loopers and sampling. Some will try to draw a line between old black blues players and jazz, but the link there, again, is tenuous at best, and not demonstrable. What >is< demonstrable is the overwhelming prevalance of middle-class white men in jazz, both in terms of its best composers, and players.

Nogpologists will hold up coltrane, thelonius monk, and miles davis as "the best jazz players evarrrrrr", and they'll reference academics who agree with them as though that were proof, but I would challenge anyone to go and listen to Bill Evans, anything by him, and compare it to any of those others at their peaks, then make your own conclusion. Listen to Stardust, Smile, The Very Thought of You, any of the greats, and then look up their composers (interestingly, Smile was written by Charlie Chaplain). Try to think of a great jazz song which withstood the test of time that was written by a black man.

Attached: nasty man.jpg (170x258, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ovLnErR3qxM
youtube.com/watch?v=MOm17yw__6U
youtube.com/watch?v=116QHk9jNGI
youtube.com/watch?v=FnA-g9iw9tc
youtube.com/watch?v=8Xo47zs7cLE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What they won't tell you is that black people totally did kill Jazz. Davis and Coltrane, in particular. They were to the 50s-70s as metal soloists are to the modern era: only loved for their virtuosity. So, they tried to capitalize on that and took the whole of the Jazz movement with them. It was at precisely this point that jazz became the joke that is made fun of in Taladega Nights during the bar scene: raucous, nonsensical, spasmodic splerging out on an instrument in technically correct but stupidly unpleasant never-ending cascades of notes. They took the entirety of jazz down with their little shit show, and some people still confuse the white jazz of the 20s and 30s with the disgusting black jazz that came to infest it after WWII, which is (((by design))), but at every step, every advancement, every summit mounted in the pursuit of what we think of as vaguely "good jazz" as opposed to the shit that came after, there are white dudes, white dudes, white dudes; a sea of pastiness.

Dude listen to Louis armstrong

"black music" is built on western musical scales and theory.....miles davis used to turn his back on white audiences as some kind of protest, the cucks loved it.. he never got the fact that they were there for his music and didn't give a rats about his politics..it was too far over his head

who dis Predator looking muthafucka be N sheeit?

>creating jazz

youtu.be/ovLnErR3qxM

>Niggers created jazz
No.

He was a performer, yo. A great one, yeah, and I'm not saying black people didn't have their place in jazz, but people literally give them >all< of the credit, when at best they were just participating in the "movement". They never pushed a boundary, or wrote anything great. Love Ella Fitzgerald's voice, but she's just one such talent. The true motive force behind jazz is not 1/100th as black as they suggest it is.

lol, I've heard everything now. White people invented Jazz. They probably invented the Blues too lol.

Miles Davis as he was strangling the last bit of goodness from Jazz's still cooling corpse.

Name a jazz standard

Kikes and shit skins call this "White Male Superiority" Since they aren't white you're going to have to leave cracker!

Blues comes from Bluegrass you fucking nigger!

So yes they DID!

>denying the musical genius of people like Oscar Peterson, Coleman Hawkins, Dizzy Gillespie and Charles Mingus
Sup Forums are you fucking kidding me?

Along with almost every other instrument used in orchestras under the sun. Please refer to white male superiority doctrine. Rh-1488WW fuck niggers and kikes and their bullshit lies for white mans prosperity! They deserve death instead!

you're a huge fucking faggot and jazz is for cocksucking queers.

fuck jazz, kys, i'm done *mic drop*

Guitar Player for hire here
I play many genres in many groups
What I've noticed is, blacks are very rythm oriented and play off of feeling whereas whites feel the rhythm and then try to do something clever with it, valuing intelligence over feeling
The blacks have a small range regarding writing and performance, and playing within that range results in them coming off as solid musicians who one can count on for a good show.
Whites have a much larger range, they can be horrible autists or they can be magnificent in their originality and style, the problem, is that 90% of the innovations don't work, but 10% of them are transcendant.
That's my big observation from my years of playing with both black and white groups, and I think it fits in well with you post:
Jazz was a clever white innovation which was then perverted by playing based on "muh feels" instead of thought

Take five

My nigga. Mingus Live at Antibes is my favorite jazz album of all time

Attached: tmp_20315-Mingus1108884938.jpg (1207x800, 152K)

Mingus was less than 1/8 black.

(you)

Attached: swifty.jpg (857x573, 121K)

But Miles Davis actually is the greatest jazz musician ever, stupid. Do you also wonder why white people went from forming bands like Cream and Led Zeppelin to forming bands like Maroon 5? I don't. It's culture.

Jazz? niiiiiice

Attached: 1515849974450.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

probably cause they aren't worried about making sure the music fits in some box. too many "artists" worry about making sure their music fits into a certain genre rather than expressing a feeling, however it sounds. session musicians might be technically gifted, but would their original music be better than the people they play for?

check out dean blunt, he's about as inventive as miles

similar tale here, worked with people from all over the world
back in the first half of the 20th century black kids got educated with some discipline, this means you had 16 year old black kids who had mastered harmony and sight reading and for those that mastered that and had talent
It's sad that we will never see the genius that the black community had then

Duke Ellington
Miles (over rated)
Parker
Coltrane
Montgomery
Mingus
Green
Peterson
Monk
King Cole
Gordon
Armstrong
Simone
Holliday

and many, many more. No they didn't invent jazz but they did innovate and be bop was the first revolution in popular music and in my opinion is the highest form of improvised musical creativity

There was some good white guys too and even a couple of jews.
We don't even educate white kids with discipline now so white people now are more ignorant that a lot of black people were back then

youtube.com/watch?v=MOm17yw__6U

enjoy

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 23.57.08.png (723x525, 313K)

Also

The jews couldn't control the uppity jazzmen and you couldn't make a star out of a random kid because you can't fake jazz so they promoted musicians it was easier to control

Attached: kendrick_lamar_taylor_swift.jpg (608x608, 73K)

jazz died with oscar peterson

You aware of spanish tuning's influence on the blues?

an unbelievably good piano player

>It's sad that we will never see the genius that the black community had then
I feel the same
HipHop is peak degeneracy
Music for black americans used to be a way for them develop into something more than a nigger
Music for blacks today niggerfies the fuck out of them, and basically anyone who listens to it

WE WUZ KANGZ

Attached: 1472727449699.jpg (486x510, 33K)

Any third stream fans here? Nikolai Kapustin mixes classical and jazz piano pretty well.
youtube.com/watch?v=116QHk9jNGI

Cool, reminded me of

youtube.com/watch?v=FnA-g9iw9tc

>WE WUZ JAZZ N SHIEEEET

Grats Sup Forums, you're just like niggers now.
I guess horseshoe theory works in racial politics too.

...by Miles Davis of course you mean Bix Beiderbecke who is the forever king. He wasn't black.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Xo47zs7cLE

I always thought jazz was the result of people being so whacked out on heroin that they couldn't play together so they just all played whatever at the same time.

There exists a theory in academia that Jazz was created from the Baroque traditions of France. When the French came to North America as colonizers, they brought their Baroque music with them. Baroque music: Keyboard, Improvisation of chords over a bass line with Basso Continuo, emphasis of melody and bass (which often has a steady moving texture). The Baroque tradition is replete with traditions and practices of improvisation. Now look at Jazz. Same emphasis on a moving bass and a basic melody. They act like they invented improvisation. The same practice of leaving the performer to improvise the chord voicings within the directions of the key or chord symbols (just an easier representation than basso continuo symbols). Pretty much has the same instrument make up as a typical Baroque chamber group (keyboard/lute, bass, melodic wind or string instrument, and possible vocalist). I believe they share a lot in common to give validity to the argument that black people once again took credit for an entire established European musical culture while putting a modern twist of drugs, sex, and degeneracy. They did the same thing with church hymnal music. Meanwhile everyone thinks Baroque music and church music are gay and of no musical value.

>and in my opinion is the highest form of improvised musical creativity

your opinion is retarded, you anglo shit.

All the classical composers improvised, and be bop can't compare to Bach and Mozart.

dude, there are lot's of white jazz players who were fantastic. Besides, jazz ain't one style, yo. I, as a white male can enjoy both swing and bee bop and good ole NOLA Jazz

Swing, that's what came from the Africans, also the portable forms, blues and some song forms

Bach is god I agree I wouldn't compare them
I probably could have worded my statement better