What is your favorite science adventure anime?

what is your favorite science adventure anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTb1XkU6Ms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Nier
Someone doesn't know what a semicolon is.

Re;trash

>NieR

The hell?

muv-luv

out of all of those steins gate is the only one that doesn't fall apart after 3 episodes

S;G is the only decent one.
R;N is meh, and C;H and C;C are shit.

Reminder that S;G is the Rick and Morty of animes.

Nier: Automata is my favourite anime of all time.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Steins;gate. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of otaku culture and theoretical physics, most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Okabe's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his persona draws heavily from Nordic mythology, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Steins;gate truly ARE fools- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Okabe's existential catchphrase "the choice of Steins;gate" which itself is a cryptic reference to Einstein's theory of relativity. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Chiyomaru Shikura's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Steins;gate tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. El psy kongroo

Out of the ones I've seen

S;G > R;N > O;N > C;H

Thank you user.

S;G >>> R;N >>>> shit >>>>>>>>>> C;C >>>>>>>>>>> C;H
as for the VNs the ratings for the ones I've played would probably be
C;C > C;H > S;G

Nice meme.

So what's the consensus? Did Adam fuck up C;C completely? Did the editors drop the ball?

Good shit.

Anime
S;G > R;N > C;C > C;H
VNs
C;C > S;G > C;H = R;N > S;G0

There's quite a few typos here and there.
For some reason there's almost always a space missing whenever Cool Cat Press is mentioned. Press and the word that comes after it are almost always without a space.
A bit of untranslated stuff here and there.

Is this a DR pasta?

>nier;automata
well fucking played

No it was originally for Reddit and Memey.

Occultic;Nine, lads.

What made Steins;Gate so good while all the others entries in the semicolon franchise are garbage?

Why did they even bother adapting the Chaos games knowing they would be 12 episodes?

Occultic;Nine.

t.ADHD sufferer

They know angsty teens with magic swords is shit and won't sell so they focus on the good parts of the franchise.

Nier is my favorite eroge

Not counting VN, NieR/Drakengard.
As for the VN...
wait a minute

Yeah and? There's better shit out there.

Were these worth playing? I watched a few of the adaptions but none of them really grabbed me. I remember Chaos;Head being pretty divisive around its release.

I liked C;C anime the most.

Chaos;Head the anime is shit, but Chaos;Head the VN is fucking fantastic. Can't speak for any of the others.

Unironically Dr. Stone.

S;G and C;C are good.

I meant the VN release, the anime was SUPER SPECIAL! But yeah cool. Maybe I'll check them out after I finish Grisaia.

Both Chaos; anime are automatically shit due to being shoved into 12 episodes, don't watch them.
The only available translation for Chaos;Head is the original release, but it's fairly incomplete compared to Chaos;Head Noah which contains more routes, more art, and expanded story. It's alright, but still waiting for the Noah translation.
Chaos;Child's VN is pretty amazing. Maybe less so if the anime spoiled you on all the twists, but definitely still worth it.

Pre-patch it was actually pretty fucking bad. Constant typos everywhere, it's like they didn't even run it through any quality check.
Post-patch it's mostly better. Most typos are fixed, and quite a bit of untranslated art got translated. The only remaining issues are a few of the voiced segments with no text, and a whole map that requires you to choose correct locations in Shibuya is completely untranslated.

Steins gate will alway be a top tier one
robotic notes, chaos sieries and occultic nine are crap

donĀ“t know about the others

>whole map that requires you to choose correct locations in Shibuya is completely untranslated.
Oh man fuck that part. Had to look up a guide for it. Hana's chapter sucked in general.

Was there sci-fi elements in myself;yourself? I don't recall any

S;G is reddit so it can't be my favorite
R;N is good, I guess

>I don't like anime x because people I hate like it

It was a joke. But for some reason I didn't like the S;G characters while the ones in R;N are good

I thought Hana's route was fun, even if the character herself wasn't. The small look into Wakui and Serika's cooperation before the true end was nice, and Takumi himself was as fun as he always was. Definitely a lot more entertaining than Hinae's route at least.

I thought Hana's chapter was pretty bad when I first played it but after beating the game I appreciated the way it set up a lot of the stuff that was important to the true ending

>Dr. Stone
Not even an anime yet but will blow all this shit out of the water when it hits the airwaves.

There was a thread some time ago about a new R;N stuff. Is it anime or VN?

Nice Sup Forums post you fucking retard.

C;C anime is actually decent.

Nier
Muh ost

DUDE KILL BALLAD LMAO

VN only for now

I'll give it points for not going completely off course and shitting over the source material like Chaos;Head's, but compressing into 12 episodes just didn't work. It ended up being mostly a bullet point list of all the major events and twists, but without any emotional investment due to so many subplots being cut. The unnecessary shoving in of Nono's route was the worst examples of this.
In some ways, I'd consider it even worse than Chaos;Head's anime because that anime wouldn't ruin most of the VN, while Chaos;Child's will without a doubt ruin many of the twists and turns that the VN takes.

What twist were ruined?

I regret watching the anime first. It ruined a lot of the suspense when I played the VN. I wish they announced sooner the VN would be translated.

Literally everything. Who dies, who the killer is, what their motive is, etc. etc. The whole point of it is a murder mystery, so already finding out the twists from a subpar adaptation ruins a lot of the suspense and mystery.

Kill yourself, Steiner

Steiner hates the series now and wants nothing to do with it.

You'd hate the series and creator too if you fully translated a VN, offered it to the studio to localize, and they turn you down because "lol, that is so old, nobody cares".

>mfw most of O;9 VN is just rehashing the anime
Why the fuck did I expect anything more from it anyway

I really loved both. The anime had the best Hinae scene.

Yeah I can't really blame him. Anyone would be pissed in that situation.

I don't know what you expect from the studio that is literally re-releasing the Steins;Gate anime as a VN. It'll still end up outselling every other SciAdv series.

he probably got the pic from Sup Forums or something.

I dunno, I expect some new stuff for the routes at least.

what's the true end then?
did they hint something from Anonymous;Code?

>actually has less text than the original going by some comparision screencaps.

I'm talking about O;9 though. I have no expectation whatsoever for Elite.

Oh boy, is it time to post these again?

S;G = R;N > O;N > C;C > literal shit > C;H. I'll accept argument on R;N being equal to S;G but C;H is objectively the shittiest.

Robotics;Notes Dash got me excited n shiet.

Reddit;Gay fags will defend this

Only if you refer to the anime.

Are we talking strictly anime? Because that's fine with anime, however it's not true with the VNS.

>S;G = R;N
Stopped reading here. S;G anime is a masterpiece, while R;N is completely mediocre. These two just don't play in the same league.

Also, why do people think C;H anime is worse than C;C? CC was a complete utter dogshit, it's even worse as an adaptation (and as an individual show) than C;H.

>S;G anime is a masterpiece,

>S;G anime is a masterpiece

>anime

I know, I know, it's pretty trendy for some newshits (like (You)) to dislike the anime adaptation of S;G, but just a reminder it was generally accepted the best VN adaptation ever created when the anime was airing and finished.

So your Kemono Trash shitposting fail'd hard. Sorry, user-kun.

>s;gbabbies

Tower unite

O;9
>inb4 not a part of Sci;Adv
Literally a science adventure.
>inb4 occult is not science
Neither is time travel, and occult is just unexplained science.

I think it was pretty gorgeous and well done as well personally.

>liking O;9

Even as much as I like all the protagonists in SciAdv, Takumi is still easily my favorite. I was so happy with his appearance in C;C.

O;9 anime is dope, fuck you and your dog and your shit taste. VN is shit though.

>he's proud he has shit taste

did he go full neet hikki in the end?

>implying Chaosfags aren't crying children jealous of S;G's success

Ok, ok, we get it, your glorious newshit and samefag are showing.

I'll prove you wrong by posting great scenes from it.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTb1XkU6Ms

Who knows. A lot of the conversation with him is intentionally vague, on his own part. Pic related is what he says, but Takuru doubts that either is true. At the same time, he knows the Committee is hunting him, and he at least has some resources or friends so that he knows about the Committee's plans.

C;C is just another rushed adaptation, but it would've least get people interested in its source material.
C;H anime meanwhile was much worse and strays so much from the source material, it pushed people away from ever trying the VN.

Yeah I'm talking Anime, havent played all the VNs yet.

If we're only judging the anime standalone, then I would agree with you. I just feel that the C;C anime ruins the experience of the VN a lot more than the C;H anime. Knowing the end twist of a murder mystery while reading through a murder mystery just doesn't feel good at all.

>Okabe's existential catchphrase "the choice of Steins;gate" which itself is a cryptic reference to Einstein's theory of relativity.
How?

Nier automata

The one where a woman clones her consciousness, puts it in another body to have sex with it and that clone literally fucks her to death