Why was it so overrated?

Why was it so overrated?

muh digimon for grown ups

>muh Chiaki Konaka

why was it so underrated*

I watched it on Jetix as a kid and it was pretty meh. I have no nostalgia for it unlike with Digimon Adventure. I think the hipsters only praise this because of the shoddy suicide sub-arc and writer.

Literally not rated enough.

> hipsters only praise this because of the shoddy suicide sub-arc and writer.
what? i've never heard that
what I usually hear is
>impmon character development
>rika character development
>takato x rika

I think you meant savers.

Impmon was good. Rika felt like a character I'd already seen before and I'm pretty sure Takato x Rika didn't exist.

>and I'm pretty sure Takato x Rika didn't exist.
>I don't believe this shipping exist
user, it's the internet.

It's my Chaiki J. Konaka motherfucker!

>I have no nostalgia for it unlike with Digimon Adventure
Same here, i guess i wasnt that young when it aired. Card animations with the humans doing the flashy stuff seems cringe now. Granted i havent watched it in years, gonna rewatch it eventually

Rewatch Xros Wars instead.

>Rewatch
I dint watch anything past Frontier, only know datasquad exist and got into tri because adventure sequel

Renamon lewds

You just need to watch Xros Wars. Avoid both Hunters and Appmon.

>I watched it on Jetix as a kid and it was pretty meh

That's because you have shit taste.

Shittier taste

Renamon is pure
Don't lewd Renamon.

literally this

It literally had shadow the hedgehog in it, how can anyone like this garbage?

It's a children's show that utilizes mature concepts. It seems like people really like that juxtaposition.

It was the Dark Souls of Digimon.

>Takato actually has character unlike Tai and Davis

>he thinks it's overrated
Can't appreciate greatness when you see it, eh user?

Same reason Evangelion is.

But Narutaru was terribly handled by him.

Its not. Plus the german dub is amazing

Well that director always made weird shit.

Someone explan the plot.
I don't remember anything at all

Because all other digimon seasons besides it and 01 were absolute shit. Being one of the two high points of the digimon anime franchise makes people remember it favorably.

Government agency deals with digimon materializing and attacking the real world, while the tamers were just kids who deal with the attacks using their digimon. The agency pisses off big wig digimons when they try to go on the offensive so the tamers decide to go to the digimon world to try to calm the situation down and encounter that the digimon world is under threat from an old american computer program that had evolved from being a disk cleaner to a world ending threat which extends beyond the digital world and threatens the real world. Eventually the programmers that worked on the first digimon design something to stop the D-reaper by forcing it to devolve but this also caused digimons to devolve and restored the barriers between worlds so the digimon were sucked back home at the end and the kids cried.

There was also that subplot about one of the programmers that created digimon just hanging out in a pocket dimension in the digital world.

Probably it was too much for you to handle, OP.

>Takato gets told that guilmon is data
>Has an existential crisis
???