Who else hates Emiya from Fate Stay Night?

I really can’t stand him. Sure, he's a counter balance to all the narcisstic psychos in the show like Shinji, the Priest, and Gilgamesh. Sure he has a backstory that explains why. And sure, at the beginning it was kinda cute and I only pitied him.

But half way through the show I just wanted to reach into the screen, slap him, and yell GET A GRIP YOU SPINELESS LITTLE PATHETIC SIMPLETON! His ideals are counter intuitive, people end up dying because he's too hellbent on saving everyone instead of himself and what's right in front of him. He is everyone's bitch on a leash. His sister's, his "friend's," his love interest's, his enemies', even his own Servant's sometimes.

He's not a beta male. He's a freaking omega male. He's the doormat that doormats use. 6 year olds would tell him to grow up. He doesn't just turn the other cheek, he turns his cheeks enough times to make sure he evenly gets 1000 slaps per side.

He is every bland, super friendly anime protagonist combined and multiplied by infinity. Kirito from SAO is a more interesting character. At least he wasn't afraid to fight the good fight when he needed to. We had to wait two whole seasons for Emiya's balls to drop and actually fight. But even after his own future self tells him to change, he still comes out the same damn sweet, little, helpless sugar plum we always knew and despised.

Basically telling the audience "Yeah guys, be like this dickless little puppy and you'll save the world and get laid." Even Jesus and the Buddha would tell him to get a backbone.

I hate him so much, that I wasted ten minutes of my life writing an essay on this guy and haven't even vented half of it out. ERB would be knocking on my door for the number of creative insults I can make for this dumbass.

Normally I don't like the sexist, basement dwelling shitstains who call everyone a "cuck." But even I have to admit this guy is the Cuckemperor. All pushovers hail to you, your Bashfulness!

Agreed. Emiya Shirou? More like Enema Shitrou.

>unironically crying about people being sexist on Sup Forums
Opinion disregarded

TL;DR

nice bait

Was the subject too long to read?

How in any way does that look remotely like bait?

Because maybe you're just a little re-re

Why do you freaks have to obsess about my favorite character, one of the only characters in the Otaku mediums to have continuous character development?

You don't see me shitting on Evangelion, Tatami Galaxy, Whalecum to the NHK and every other show where they reset the character progression every episode and then slap on a random epiphany in the finale.

>Kirito from SAO is a more interesting character

Lets not retort to this kinds of insults, user.

>SAO protag is better

Baitworks.pdf

>being proud of being retarded

I agree with OP and it's still massive bait and a future copypasta.

I hope you're right. I hope I turn Emiya into a meme for sappy protagonists

And it's not bait for christ's sake. I know this is Sup Forums, it's hard to tell when someone is serious or not. And I know I'm being extremely hyperbolic. But I mean every damn word I said.

>narcisstic
>the Priest
Did you find this pasta on MAL or something

The feels....why you gotta hit me straight in the feels mannnnn ;-;

Nope.

I am the father of this copypasta fetus, thank you very much ;)

Then read the fucking VN faggot, no one's going to argue with you based on what you know from Deen's 2006 version of FSN.

But feel free to be the first to copy it. I insist

If the VN is really that different from the anime, and I was clearly commenting on Anime Shirou, then what relevance does VN Shirou have to my criticism of Anime Shirou?

Because no one cares about the old anime. You can watch the new anime if you're too lazy to read the VN.

Wow, because you suddenly represent everyone's opinions? Even Gilgamesh would tell you to get over yourself.

70% of his characterization lies in inner monologues, Which is absent in the anime. I thought he was unremarkable when I watched the DEEN anime, but I loved him after I read the VN.

Granted, if you don't care for for Neutral/Lawful good, or Lawful/True Neutral characters, or hell, idealistic characters in general, you won't like him. But again, not liking him is fine, but arguing that he's a shit character, and saying everyone who likes something is an idiot is a bit childish on your end. Especially on something as irrevelant as anime characters.

>saying everyone who likes something is an idiot is a bit childish on your end
Except I didn't say that

This is my opinion. You don't have to agree with me

Definitely read Heaven's Feel, it fills a lot of missing character progression. And UBW while your at it, like the other guy said most of shirou is from his personal monologues.

Why the fuck did you posted it here if you don't like people not agreeing with you? Get yourself a blog.

Actually with this writing style, you should be ANN reviewer, you'd fit right in.

Holy shit, are you illiterate? I said you don't have to agree with me. Stop being a triggered little bitch.

What's the point in saying that? If people give you arguments, you give them your counter arguments, "you don't have to agree with me" is not a conversation.

I was replying to someone who claimed that I said "everyone who likes Shirou" is an idiot. Something I didn't say. So actually, yeah. That was a rebuttal.

>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

When you're so intent on being defensive, that you even get offended by "this is my opinion"

I mean yeah, Fate/ is an awful series. The F/SN VN is terribly written/translated and the story was made for horny japanese young adults. It's garbage. It has some cute characters but that's all.

'Don't get the appeal of Fate' fag here.

So the fun part is that it's historical figures fighting?

But from what I understand it goes like this
Say they want to summon the pirate Blackbeard
>They do
>He looks like a generic medieval fantasy swordsman
>His name isn't Blackbeard
>It's 'Sword'
>Everybody calls him 'Sword' now

I'm sorry but that seems UNFATHOMABLY retarded to me.

The appeal of Fate is a very entry level VN for reddit kids who've never read any other VN before and the normiebat anime shows which have infinite budget. Fate/ is BAD.

You don't know much about fate then.

Well it's wouldn't look too anime if Caster looked like this

Or if Archer (Gilgamesh) looked like this

Or if Jack the Ripper looked like-
No wait, actually that would look pretty cool. Loli Jack was pointless

Why the fuck do people recommend F/SN for entry level readers anyway? It’s a slog even for people used to the medium

Because it has voice acting and the story is basically half shonen half eroge, which pleases the pleb.

Someone should count how many instances of "murderous intent" are in the VN.

Read the VN if you want to understand the character development, you cuck. Nearly everyone is at least intrigued by the "answer" in the UBW VN route.

Dumb EOP do you think Nasu actually used such repetitive language?

Why would he look like that? That's not even Gilgamesh.

Go ahead and make a good translation then, otherwise the VN will keep being very low tier.

The point of Jack in Fateverse is that, since no one has any idea who Jack the Ripper actually is, they're not actually recorded in the Throne. The Jacks that are summoned as a Servant are all wraiths and not the true Jack. They all represent some aspect of the Jack the Ripper's legend, basically the concept of Jack.

See, the thing is, if no one has any idea who you are, you can't become a Heroic Spirit.

JPfag. The TL is bad but let’s not pretend Nasu’s prose is anything above mediocre.

Shirou is a badly written character OP.

So is all of FSN for that matter. The writer must think the audience is stupid with all the bad writing and deus ex machina throughout the story. To an extent, the writer is right. Just look at all the idiots that actually think this steaming pile of shit is good.

And yes I am mad. All you retards kept praising this shit as if it was good nonstop. I fell for the meme and wasted my time reading this shit. I regret every minute I spent on this shit.

>His ideals are counter intuitive, people end up dying because he's too hellbent on saving everyone instead of himself and what's right in front of him
Most of your bait was shit but I'll give you some credit for this line.

Any examples? Are you butthurt about Shirou's (heavily foreshadowed) projection magic?

Okay, to all the people here saying I'm baiting: I'm flattered that you think I'm some evil mastermind who carefully devised the OP just to get on your nerves. But the truth is, idc nearly enough about any of your sensitive feelings to try that. I just say what I think and dump it on this site. So I guess I just naturally trigger you guys. Sorry bout that

Saber kind of looks like that.

It's a good post, you Yuruyuri-loving airhead.

What's wrong with Shirou being a nice guy who likes helping people?

In that case I'm even more amazed, since you somehow managed to write out a major theme in his characterization and make it out to be some sort of inconsistency.

What is Nasu's best written work?

Don't say FSN.

Kara no Kyoukai.

Uro: Honestly, Saber doesn't look much like a heroine to me. I can still see traces of the male version of Saber that appeared in the early version of Fate (*7). Because of that mental image, Saber's relationship with Shirou doesn't seem like a realistic relationship between a male and a female, but a complicated relationship with a boy who became a girl.

Nasu: Typical Urobuchi... I really can't pull the wool over your eyes... I intended to take that to the grave with me, but I guess this 10-year anniversary is a good place to talk about it. Just like Urobuchi-san said, it's difficult to call the relationship between Shirou and Saber a relationship between a man and a woman. Saber has fought for a long time as the ruler of Britain, but then turned into a girl all of a sudden and fell in love with Shirou. It's pretty ridiculous when you think about it. But I really wanted to push it towards that sort of boy-meets-girl story. So as a last resort, I had Shirou continually say things to her like "But you're a girl," and "Girls aren't supposed to fight," in order to remind the users that "she is really a girl." It's like the author's actually the one trying to convince Saber that she's a girl... I feel like I could have written it a lot better now, but that was the best I could do at the time.

Uro: It isn't a relationship fueled by instinct like the relationship between a man and a woman, but a romance of logic between two people who need each other from the heart. I think the Saber route could have been told as a story through the ancient Greek views on love. That's what makes Saber's story so refreshing, and why she's become such a popular character. On the other hand, I think the true heroine of Fate/stay night is Rin.

>Chadbuchi shitting on Artoria in an interview
>rightly declares Rin as best girl

Nasu also corrected his mistakes and gave us real Arthur now with his own LN series, drama CD, bigger role in FGO and anime adaptation soon.

>Hey Sakura why dont you just kill yourself you weak little useless bitch lmao
>Fuck you, nee-san, enjoy spending eternity in Hell
--1 hour later--
>I love you Sakura!
>I love you too, Rin! I'm so glad we made up!

Who thought this writing was ok?

Conjuring weapons strong enough to fight servants is some of the worst writing I've seen. Not to mention that magic in that world is by design very difficult to master yet Shirou is able to recreate those powerful swords because >lol reasons

>b-but it was foreshadowed
>t-they talked about it
>t-that makes the asspull okay t-trust me

No matter how you try to spin it its shit writing. Only delusional fatefags try to justify it.

Don't bother OP these people are delusional and impossible to reason with. There's a reason they're considered the worst fanbase in Sup Forums.

Just because it's essential to his character doesn't make it any less cringeworthy.

Just like every other anime ever made

>the Servant Girl Annihilator will NEVER EVER get summoned as an assassin in the holy grail war

it's really not fair

>this pasta

rinfags on so much damage control with HF.

Rin was prepared to kills Sakura before all this ha pend though out of duty as a Mag and does in one of the bad endings if you make the wrong choices. She only didn't because Shirou stopped her.

>acts like a hard bitch to make killing her imouto less painful
>stops acting like a bitch when she no longer has to kill her imouto
Are you dense?

If you hate power-ups are you sure you don't hate all chuuni stories? I prefer it when fights are just used to set up ideological clashes. I don't care about tactics unless they are used to convey character traits like Shirou's broken mindset. I did not enjoy anime like Kaiji or FMA:B for example because they seemed too focused on the plot over character development.

This. I think that character development is the main factor that distinguishes great series from mediocre anime. It's the reason why anime with simple whimsical plotlines such as K-On, Hunter x Hunter, Gintama, Shirobako, Ponyo, etc are still great even though their plots are basic in comparison to shit like FMAB.

>typical a animeonly secondary post
good job mising the whole point

>He is every bland, super friendly anime protagonist combined and multiplied by infinity. Kirito from SAO is a more interesting character. At least he wasn't afraid to fight the good fight when he needed to. We had to wait two whole seasons for Emiya's balls to drop and actually fight. But even after his own future self tells him to change, he still comes out the same damn sweet, little, helpless sugar plum we always knew and despised.

neverming you are just shitposting

Archer is the best servant, right?

No, u.

What a great btfo.

...You don't really think FSN has good character development do you? It doesn't. Shirou, Saber, etc. are badly written characters and their development is downright laughable. It's like a 12 year olds chunni fantasy. It's not good character development when the characters are written like literal retards to begin with and have their badly written ideals challenged. The ideological clashes in FSN are cringy as fuck.

FMA:B had far better character development than Fate. Although that's not really much of an accomplishment. I'd prefer you not to compare it with shit like Fate. FSN is bad for many reasons not just the asspull powerups. And I did try to give it a chance so I could enjoy the animation but I just cannot ignore how badly written the whole story is. It's impossible to ignore how flawed and amateurish Fate is.

Brotherhood's character development is garbage and rushed like crazy.

If you had said FMA 03 had better development than Fate/stay night I'd still disagree but at least know that maybe there was a chance you was an adult. But the truth is out now, you're 12.

FMA:B's character development was nowhere near as good as 03 but its still far better than the shit that is Fate.

>But the truth is out now, you're 12.
Pot calling the kettle black. Honestly, I refuse to believe anyone over the age of 16 thinks FSN is well I written. Like it if you want but if you actually think its well written you really need to grow up. Makes me wonder if you've ever read an actual book.

Giving a character extreme ideals that are easy to challenge and poorly attempting to challenge them is very bad writing. It's what an amateur would do and if you can't see why Shirou is a bad character then I must question your intellect.

Who is he pertaining to?

>Animation

The anime doesn't have the same meaning (and has some really warped pacing particularly in the second season). I've seen people get butthurt over UBW 2014/15 and then praise the visual novel route when they read it in order. The fight between Archer and Shirou is like night and day with the anime version.

>TWICE
First frame.

The first two routes are for underage casuals. It's in Heaven's Feel where Shirou finally becomes likable and realizes you can only and should only save those you love.

>The first two routes are for underage casuals.
You really need to grow up and face reality.
>you can only and should only save those you love.
Shirou can save people even those he does not directly love. What do you think police and soldiers rick their lives for? They are saving people they don't even know or even seen their entire life. Also, you can't be this naive not to know that the thing between Sakura and Shirou has been set up from that start for the plot.
>Shirou finally becomes likable
Shirou is a self-insert protag.

You reek the stench of a Selfinsert-fag x Sakurafag.

I only read the VN I've never actually seen the anime even though that was my original goal. I decided to read the VN before the anime and got memed into finishing it by people saying Heavens Feel was good (it wasn't). After sitting through all that bullshit I'm in no mood to start the anime. So basically I put in all that effort to enjoy the animation but never actually saw the animation because I got turned off by the incredibly shit story and shit characters.

Yes I'm mad. Which is why I'll continually call out how shit FSN is in the hope I can save others from wasting their time on this steaming pile of shit.

If he's a self-insert then why do I imagine him as being separate from myself? I'd love to hug him and I'm not gay. Checkmate.

>The first two routes are for underage casuals.
All routes are for underage casuals.

>You really need to grow up and face reality.
But that's what HF is about.
>What do you think police and soldiers rick their lives for?
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to risk your life for strangers.

You had to be 18+ to buy the game back in 2004, brainlet. The thousands of votes on EGS are all from adults.

>implying underage casuals didn't get their mommy to buy it for them

But all right, fair enough.

All routes are for casual manchildren.

fuck delusional /fgog/tard and go back to playing his childish wish-fulfillment mobage for otaku self-insertion in your favorite stupid board.

I love the bad ending in Heaven's Feel when Shirou dies very satisfied in his fight with Saber.

The only actual problem is he's the most dull and nothing goody two shoes ever. He's the most boring protagonist I've ever seen even by VN standards. I don't know much about him outside the original VN but Shirou is the most bland uninteresting piece of shit ever. The literal plot armor and the undeserved affection from generic archetype girls doesn't help how shitty Fate was. It's the most blatantly pandering self-insert "I'm a normal bland guy but I'll get superpowers and cute anime girls" fantasy ever.

Kiritsugu>>>>>>Shirou
Zero>>>>>>Stay Night
Urobuchi>>>>>>Nasu

b-but he wants to be a hero!
a-and he's a spiky haired MC who fights with swords!

he's so UNIQUE!

All shit but I did like the F/Z novel better than any of the Stay Night garbage

Then why does Fate still work without him as we've seen in Fate/Zero which is no longer based on a VN? Obviously there's more to fate than just getting super heroes and cute girls.

fate stay night is just chuuni bait. they all grow out of it with time