So were they going to actually let Chise live a happy carefree life with them in the fairy kingdom or were they going...

So were they going to actually let Chise live a happy carefree life with them in the fairy kingdom or were they going to torture her or something?

Use her for her Slay Beggar magic.

They did really want to take her to fairy land.

Only problem is that the fae world basically warps human minds/bodies, to the point where they couldn't really be called the same as they were when they first entered, the whole fairy identity is just too alien compared to humans.

fae don't need an outside magic source, they can do as much magic as they like.

I got that much but what I’m asking is we’re they going to tie her down and suck magic from her whenever they wanted like leeches and used her like a slave or something similar or were they going to let her live with them in peace and happiness and let her use her magic to better their kingdom on her own. They didn’t really seem that evil. They just seemed mischievous.

I’m sure they gave a limit or else each one would be like a god.

Is this the strongest magic user we’ve seen in the series so far?

happy in that she'd still be alive and not die young or sprout dragon parts

I mean, it's not really that far out of their capabilities, they just don't really care for worldy power or anything like that, they just want to fuck around.

Pretty sure Titania would be stronger than him magically, considering she's basically the embodiment of the land and all that.

they're not evil, the faeries simply do not tell whole truths. if you won't ask the right questions, are you to blame or are they? ignorance can be costly.

He’s the king of fairies though,

* To add to that, even if they couldn't be considered gods in terms of powerlevels, neither is Chise, the condition she has as a Slay Vega ((to constantly create and absorb magic)) is basically the constant state of fae creatures, except they don't have normal bodies that can't take the strain like humans do.

Titania really couldn’t do anything for Chise but he kinda just slammed a big ball of magic into her and instantly healed her and he’s the king. I think he’s stronger unless there’s better evidence.

Actually looking it up they're said to be basically at the same level of power.

I kinda get what you’re saying. So according to your theory you think they might have just been trying to steal Chise because it would be funny or something or they liked her and not because she’s powerful?

Titania and Oberon are equal in Midsummer Nights Dream. That's why shit got so out of hand and required Puck to mess with everyone

> Titania really couldn't do anything for Chise

How do you know that? She was just talking to Elias and then Oberon interrupted them and woke her up, there's nothing that says that Titania wouldn't have been able to do the exact same thing.

is right in that one is never really said to be stronger than the other in older stories, but even in the manga itself she's shown to be extremely powerful too, and basically says that she IS nature to whatever extent.

They want to steal Chise away because fae creatures are drawn to Slay Vega's, I'm not sure if we're ever given a proper reason why, since, again, fairies already have a lot of power and don't really care to use it if they don't feel like it. Elias only really mentions that whole 'queen bee' scenario.

Considering what you’re saying about them it’s probably because they think they can play a lot of pranks on humans with her or something and since her body can handle a lot of magic the fun never has to stop.

Eh, they do genuinely seem attracted to her in whatever sense, like cats to catnip or some shit like that, it seems like attracting fae creatures is just part of a slay vega's nature, since not all fae creatures are pranksters.

So how does sorcery fit into all of this and why does everybody hate sorcerers but love mages?

Well there’s got to be a reason for it. At the very least maybe it’s because they can relate to her because she can use a lot off magic like they can and they can play with her without hurting her or maybe they can’t usually talk to normal humans so it’s a rare opportunity.

Even with the catnip comparison cats are attracted to it for a reason and not just because they are attracted to it. Maybe when they’re around Chise they’re getting a buzz or something.

> Why does everyone hate sorcerers but love mages?

I keep getting the names mixed up, but whatever, in this case, Sorcerers are the ones who rely on their own magical power to do spells, while mages rely on fae creatures and nature shit to do their magic.

End result is that sorcery is weaker but more reliable since you only need to rely on yourself and there's no real consequence for going beyond your magic limit because you can't, you'll probably just faint, as well as generally easier to do since you don't need to convince fae creatures to help you like sorcerers do. While on the other hand, mages are much stronger since they're drawing on fairy magic, only problems are that they can get seriously hurt/maimed if they don't know when to hold back since fairy magic is so strong, as well as the whole 'convincing fairies to help you' thing, too.

Fae creatures tend to dislike sorcerers since, at least according to them, sorcerers are brash/selfish/lazy/uneducated, and, while I'm only guessing, I figure since they don't rely on fae shit, they're probably used more to deal with incidents involving fae and people than sorcerers are, and on top of that they're probably more likely to be violent towards fae creatures as well.

Sometimes those two are the same.

Could be that it's just because she's an anomaly of both worlds and that makes her interesting/attractive to the fairies.

Like I said, we aren't really given a solid answer by anyone, it's mostly just other characters saying that fae creatures are drawn to slay vega's and will in most cases want to help them.

Didn’t the series say she can see creatures that lost people can’t? That would probably be a huge reason why.

All mages/sorcerers + some normal humans ((like the priest)) can see and interact with fae creatures. Elias says at the start that a Slay Vega having the sight is pretty rare, though he also says that whether they can see or not, fae creatures are enchanted by them.

Not even just the Fae but the king/queen of cats almost had a heart attack when she seen the sorcerers. It’s almost like a stereotype that they’re evil when at least from what I seen the people weren’t so bad. They were kinda just looking out for Chise.

It definitely could just be a stereotype/bias on the fae creatures behalf, since even at a basic level being a sorcerer makes it seem like you don't want to rely on fae creatures to help you.

> They were kinda just looking out for Chise.
They WERE also basically holding Aerial hostage without much care for her well being, seems like sorcerers just don't like fairys so vice versa.

Either way I think they’re cute as weird as that seems and considering they probably didn’t want to actually hurt her the offer they were making her seems kinda good in comparison to her current situation. She probably should have just went and lived a carefree happy life in the fairy world.

That was always an option for her, but Elias doesn't want her to go, since it's stated that humans get warped by the fae world to the point where they literally become inhuman, in both body and mind, just as the fae are kind of alien and don't really understand humanity themselves.

Ohh yea, I just remembered that. They were manhandling her like she was a toy. Kinda made me feel bad for her but maybe even that was because of circumstances. If they didn’t basically trap her like they did she probably could have used magic on them and messed up their plans trying to help Chise.

That’s not that bad. It’s kinda just like becoming a neet except you still have a social life.

I like how Chise is waiting patiently for one of them to land on her hand. She probably desperately wants to hold one but is trying to play it cool.

Sure, but holding steel/iron against a fairy ((which apparently feels like being burned to them)) so nonchalantly kind of goes to show how little they really care for their health. They didn't even try to talk with Chise, they just immediately went with the idea that she and Aerial would be hostile.

Eh, it's more comparable to actually becoming a different person, you'd have your whole personality and worldview altered by living in the fae world.

To be fair she is very powerful especially with a fairy and it would be like approaching somebody with a gun.

Damn I didn’t realize it felt like being burned to them. That’s actually messed up and they held her for a long time.

She's a young teen, who has shown no hostile or violent traits at the time and who THEY think is being unwillingly used by a monster, if anything they should have expected her to welcome their aid, which they did, they figured "oh you poor thing you must want to be free" and yet they felt it necessary to hold a knife to her throat and to hold Aerial with steel/iron.

I think they consider Chise a fairy too because she's a sleigh burger so maybe that's a hybrid between a human and a fairy or something

Well if what you say is true and fairies hate sorcerers maybe they thought she was brainwashed but they kinda only went after the fairy.

Compared to what they did to the fairy Chise didn’t really get hurt at all.

That does kind of suck that she has such a short lifespan. It kind of makes you wonder if the fairy king or Titania would be able to do something to help her. Maybe Elias is just too proud to ask for a favor.

If you think about it anything this man has up his sleeve a normal fairy should be able to do it better let alone the king or Titania. Maybe he plans to use magic from some rare creature or something to help her.

I don't know, but these fairies make me want to commit a crime

I don’t think there’s any laws against doing anything to a fairy.

They would probably have to make new ones to stop me

They were "looking out for Chise" by holding a knife to her throat. They seem like fucking maniacs to me.

you're drunk, Wakako, go home

Once again just making sure they're not putting themselves in danger. They didn’t even hurt her.

If they think she's dangerous, threatening her is a really fucking terrible idea. And they did cut her neck.

The Faefolk don't need her for anything like that.
Being a Slay Vega literally just means they are extremely attracted to her.
They simply want to be together with their object of desire.
Living in their world would mean that Chise stops being human and becomes something else entirely, but unlike in the physical world she wouldn't have to worry about her vastly reduced lifespan and be borderline immortal.

Reminder that this man introduced himself to Chise by having his dragon grab her and throw her in a freezing lake in cold weather and made no attempt to go in after her when she wasn’t swimming.

Pretty much. Because sleih beggey are both absorbers and producers of magical energy, Chise living in Tir na nOg would essentially mean she'd be effectively immortal but forced to divorce herself from her humanity, becoming more like them as time passes until she was completely fae. She's already a magnet for them on Terra; there, she'd be basically royalty not for who she is but for what she is, which is basically like a chocolate fountain for fae that never ever ends and you'd never have to pay for. Chise is, in essence, walking drugs for them; they get high off being near and around her, which is why the yokai in Japan never left her alone.

They don't think it's funny and don't have any use whatsoever for her powers, they are just irrationally in love with her, why is that so hard for you to understand?

Because user is worse at human feelings than Elias.

Infinite reserve, limited output?

Slay Vega Are pretty rare. There’s only two of them for every ten humans.

>kissanime
Kill yourself.

Did you directly buy the series from Japan?

That's not really rare at all.

The amount of smug in that picture is overwhelming.