YuYuYu is better than Madoka Magica

Yuyu handles the themes dealing with tragedy better than Madoka which was forced drama between some of the characters either acting like idiots (sayaka), being overly weepy and doing nothing til last ep (madoka) or just being obtuse and turning their misery into angry idiocy (kyoko). Homura is completly self focused and only cares about saving Madoka and not the other characters. Mami is the only decent personality.
In Yuna all the characters face their trails head on and try to change things without being emo or emotinal avoidant with anger, etc. each girl sticks to her duty of protecting the world and each other after finding the truth-not going on some self seving angst journey like in Madoka. Only variant was Washi/Togo which lasted all of one episode.
The difference is a self-absorbed wank dramafest soap opera just for the edginess vs magical girl deconstruct show where the girls act like true soilders and act selflessly in the face of adversity.

OK

>forced drama
Was sympathetic at first, but stopped reading here.

Both shows are shit but I think you ironically made Madoka sound better. They're middle schoolers, they're supposed to be idiotic and weepy and all that. That's what makes the later events much more impactful, because of how immature and flawed the characters were.

I'll watch it when my ADD lowers down.

They're different. The need to compare YuYuYu to Madoka only shows you're holding it to Madoka's standard. Madofags did/do the same with Eva.

Yuyuyu was completely ruined by last minute happy end.

Why have they ruined my vegetable Karin?

I agree, but don't let the megukas catch you saying that.

>In Yuna all the characters face their trails head on and try to change things without being emo or emotinal avoidant with anger, etc. each girl sticks to her duty of protecting the world and each other
So in other words, the writer pussied out and the characters were not explored to their limits.

I don't think that one is better than the other, but the situation on YuYuYu is even more hopeless and horrible than in madoka.
After all homura can and try to fix things as much as she wants or just die.
Yuuna don't have that privilege.
The "happy" ending is still horrible in the implications.

>Happy end
But the world is still fucked up...

Isn't YuYuYu just sad symphogear? I don't think it similar to madoka.

>walmart madoka
>better than actual madoka

we already have a shitpost thread

sonoko is a dumb autist

Yuuna herself isn't walmart, surely.

Don't take it anons.

>YuYuYu is better than Madoka Magica
is that why I dropped Yuki Tuna at Episode 9?

>pic
Probably.

Your bait would be more effective if you didn't flaunt the fact that you have the English skills of a special ed sixth grader. The same can likely be said of your reading comprehension.

I unironically agree with all of this. Everything felt heroic as fuck, even the op and ed; only thing I didn't like was how cardboard yuuna is. By the way that fucking artist, I wish I could give him money.

Yes yes but which one is GAYER?

YuYuYu is easily gayer if you take all the side material into consideration.

You're the gayest for bumping this awful thread.

It's only gayer if you count the non-canon mobage and VNs.

I like the setting of the YuYuYu prequel the most out of all if of these shows. That that one nailed the theme of sacrificial maidens the most.

I don't know, user. I like yuri as much as the next lesbian but it annoys me how Tougou's romantic interest in Yuuna is played for laughs.

You with your reddit spacing makes it too obvious.

>it's ack

Your boogieman does not exist, fuck off.

>it actually is him

No

No, it's never him. Because he doesn't exist.
Telling off shitposters like you is normal.

What happens when they're having sex and then a vertex attacks?

>Telling off shitposters like you is normal.

I think they're both very excellent shows in their own ways. They're both stories about service and sacrifice for the cause of humanity, and the fight for truth in the face of deceit.

Yuuna is a discount Hibiki.

Both are inferior to Kyoukai no Kanata.

How about we discuss something more substantiative then?

What do you make of the fact that the Vertex are frequently described in some way as "foreign"? Is YuYuYu partially an allegory of WWII? And if so, what position do you think it takes? What point is it making?

That's a really nice image. May I save it?

The phone call scene was the most poorly written and clumsy heartstring tug attempt I've ever seen in my entire life and I was laughing for five minutes straight because of how bad it was.

Madoka > *

Not much, especially considering that the Vertex were created by Shinto gods anyways. Any parallels between it and WWII are superficial at best.

But Shinto, like most faiths, believes the entire world was created by its gods, so that doesn't rule anything out. Keep in mind that the Emperor was seen as a literal god until after the surrender, and what is Shinju...?

>How about we discuss something more substantiative then?
You can make a better thread for that.

Why waste board space when I can rehabilitate an existing thread?

You can wait for it to die. This OP will keep some anons away from it.

What if Wakaba is just somewhere tucked away in some dark place being incapacitated like Sonoko?

That's so fucked.

They're "foreign" in the sense that they're supernatural deities. They're "local" in the sense they're Japanese.

Even if we were to jump ahead of ourselves and call the Heroes kamikaze pilots and Taisha the military government with a puppet figurehead, and presume whatever humanity did to incur the wrath of the gods was Pearl Harbor, it still doesn't make sense to equate the Vertices with the Allies-- after all, Shinju was among that very same pantheon. And as devastating as the atomic bomb was, (albeit not as lethal as combined firebombing), the whole "extinction of humanity and end of the world" didn't come about until the Cold War.

That's what a bunch of anons thought at the ending of NoWaYu, but I don't want to save this thread.
Read NoWaYu, the answer is there.
Fuck it, this thread won't die. At the ending of NoWaYu's special chapter it says "the last survivor of the Vertex invasion died at X years old"

Make a new thread then. Never mind, I forgot they changed the rules because of Gin's death. Gin basically ruined everything.

Yuuki is walmart Takashima