Kino no Tabi -the Beautiful World-

What's your opinion on the new 2017 series?
Which episode is your favorite so far?
What do you like most about Kino herself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rqmeKS1oBcY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not deep. I hate it

Not as compfy as I wanted it.

Rushed. Nakamura did better.

Doesn't hold up to the 2003 series but is still pretty comfy/10

Define "comfy."

I want to sexually FUCK Kino!

I don't think I've watched an episode since the one with the moving country. Has there been any bangers since?

I watched the 2003 series like ten years ago but I remember it being better.

>Has there been any bangers since?
What?

Old is better, but new is passable, I guess.
Also I have a feeling that moving country are dicks.

Why do they all let this aspie take his bike indoors? It'll be a pain to clean all the oil leaks from the shitty old thing.

Because most motorrads seem to talk and it's just polite

I know right? I thought the same thing when watching that. It just looks so awkward and out of place to see Kino rolling that bike around inside a museum.

It was clearly stated that their existence would be an inconvenience to others, kind of like a natural disaster of sorts.
Doesn't make them dicks.

The problem is not that they inconvenience others, we all do. The problem is them getting absolutely no negative consequences, nor having any risks for doing so.

They're full of shit, though. There's nothing stopping them from just driving around in a circle if they really have to keep moving. There was literally zero valid reason for them to ram everything.

The new one is better, people saying the opposite are just plain nostalgiafags that belong to Sup Forums

Nostalgia googles detected

>The problem is them getting absolutely no negative consequences, nor having any risks for doing so.
Their "consequence" was them having no choice but to inconvenience others, hurting them in the process. The risk of it all is that they could reach an immovable object that will slap their shit one day.

The problem with that though is that, like Kino, they also love to travel. You could argue that there's zero valid reason for Kino to be traveling like she does as well, but you're not.
It's simple really... There just is no answer for it other than they're living their lives as they please, and they just so happen to be a bother to other countries.

Serious question, why is Kino a meme?

It's much worse than the old one. And that's not nostalgia, I watched the old one for the first time just before I started watching the new one.

Kino isn't driving a mobile fortress of destruction, though. Their city isn't moving on rail tracks, it can always turn around and find another path.
You might as well say that it's okay to go around raping and pillaging, because "the Mongols are just living their lives as they please, lol".

>watch Kino to find this out
>liked Kino but realized people were calling any anime with well drawn scenery "pure Kino"

I'd still also would like to know the answer to this question.

Original was a solid 8/10, new one is 5/10 at best.

Because she's literally sex incarnate.

It's a Sup Forums meme that has no relation to this anime.

kino is kino

Is this hell?

Oh then I guess I don't care anymore then

>"the Mongols are just living their lives as they please, lol".
And that's what everything boils down to.
It's life and others have to deal with it, be it good or bad. Even human conquests, murders, torture, they're all just acts of nature, no different that a tsunami or tornado.

To be fair, Kino has done her own fair share of cruel acts that she could have avoided but didn't.

I hope so, because I'm going to hell when I die.

I seriously hope we eventually get a crossover episode or OVA.

Yet words like "dick" have established definitions, which essentially boils down to inconveniencing others just for the hell of it, which is exactly what they're doing.

>herself?
Is she a girl (male) ?
Why does Hermes use male pronouns?

No she is a male(girl)

Actually she's (he's) a male (female (boy))

What

It's simpler just to say that Kino is a cutie.

Full scan fucking when?

I like the original Kino series better, even if she did look like a potato.

That said the 2017 series is still good, but it just feels like it's missing some part of the atmosphere that made the original series so great.

Male (female). She's also my wifepet (female).

Eventually, user.
You've gotta be patient.

>Male (female)
That's the best kind of female
>also my wifepet
Fight me, cuckboi (Joking)

>There, a small child has been left behind.
>There, a small child has been left behind forever.

The ending makes me so angry I stopped watching the show for several years.

What went so wrong?

>only family she's ever known disowned her
>her parents tried to kill her
>she had her best friend butchered in front of her
>escaped a life where she would have either been lobotomized or killed
>raised and trained by a sociopath hermit
>has her will to survive being tested everyday
>sometimes has to do things that make her question her own morality
Where it all went wrong is up for you to decide.

Kino has had a hard life.

>only family she's ever known disowned her
>her parents tried to kill her
>she had her best friend butchered in front of her
>escaped a life where she would have either been lobotomized or killed
She must have done something to provoke them. What was it?

I'm dying to see young Master and Partner onscreen for the first time.

Watch episode 4 of the 2003 series or read Land of Adults from the LN first volume.

In some alternate reality, xxxxx is happily managing the family business with ber beloved husband and a baby soon on the way.

And the original Kino still stops by on Hermes every once in a blue moon to visit and see how she's doing. xxxxx and her husband are also considering naming their child Kino.

>2007 was 10 years ago

coliseum remake confused the hell out of me for a solid five minutes. also wasn't as good; didn't demonstrate Kino's abilities to the same degree, instead we just got the sense that everybody else is an idiot for bringing a knife to a gun fight.

>didn't demonstrate Kino's abilities to the same degree
This.
I was really looking forward to see how they would have handled it had they put any effort into it. You'd think the sky's the limit with CG, but no, they just rushed the hell out the entire event. Would have been nice to see her face somewhat formidable opponents that force her to take cover so that we can see her more calculative and cunning side.

This. I did the same thing. The new one just rushes everything.

I don't know if it's been discussed or not, but do you think the original voice actors for Kino and Hermes will make a cameo before this new series is over?

Man, people are really intent on having a this be related to or compared to the first anime "adaptation", aren't they?

I don't think so, great as that would be.

Now that I think about I don't know what roles they could even possibly fill.
Maybe Ai and Ryuji could be Sakura's parents or something IF they did make a cameo. Although you're probably right... It's highly unlikely.

If they fixed that Opening with something more appropriate of the theme of the story.

Fuck was wrong with this little shit?

The writer was trying to make a point.
Did it fly over your head, user?

It's meh

Hitting all the major notes but nothing else

He wants to be a man.

I think it would have bettered the theme if they did actually kill her and then all die

Kino is pretty bold.

>ywn deposit your seed deep inside your own dirty qt slave

Why are they making Kino lewd.

He's a very lewdable character

No she isn't, look at the first anime designs.

Wait...Sigsawa actually had part in writing the lyrics?

She's still a cutie even with that potato design. Definitely lewdable as well.

cute butt

Sure looks like it.
Kind of makes me upset that they didn't just remaster or remix it for either the OP or ED for this new series.

new Kino looks like a selfish asshole.
old Kino looks like someone you can talk to.
movie Kino is not bad.

New Kino will be redeemed when she sings in the Land of Adults episode
youtube.com/watch?v=rqmeKS1oBcY

Kino isn't really lewd

The talking is all in Kino's head.

>2003 Kino was the original Kino design
Kino only looked like a potato in volume 1 art. She progressively evolved from a potato past that.

No it's not.

Not him, but I don't get the message of this episode.

Except for the fact that Photo is really, really cute. Is that the message?

>won't kill in self defence in the first episode

>won't kill opponents during colosseum fights
>dude hey civilians I killed your king now all kill each other lmao

>moving city is portrayed as the angelic good guys just trying to make their way in the world
>city on the plains is portrayed as the antagonist despite being completely reasonable

This show triggers me

>moving city is portrayed as the angelic good guys just trying to make their way in the world
Do you have autism?

Kino's murdered a bunch of people. A group of lost heroes in an abandoned country, some random guy who saw her naked, those slavers she helped, Kino's mom, got a person she was almost forcibly wed to murdered, etc.

She's a reverse trap.

>>moving city is portrayed as the angelic good guys just trying to make their way in the world
>>city on the plains is portrayed as the antagonist despite being completely reasonable
What do you mean? I found it to be a rather neutral portrayal that lets the viewer make their own decisions. Do you expect them to portray all the people who grew up in a certain culture talking about how their way of life is a bad thing in some sort of shitty ham fisted good vs evil narrative?

You can't expect anything else from secondaries.

Mobile country destruction toll:
Wall section, and a farm
Kinos toll:
Entire country

you should treat people kindly because someday someone may know something you dont and that can be the difference between life and death

Believes that being able to kill someone and protect others is the only thing that proves he's a grown up, even though he intended to prove it by
1. targeting a slave that is restrained by chains, concussed, and likely half-starved and so of no threat to him.
2. torturing and mutilating her for kicks, and then gutting her.
Fucker just wanted to satisfy a sick urge for murder, and wanted to do it in a way that was safest for him like a coward. He's the sort that drowns kittens and 'works his way up'.
In other words, he wasn't going to prove shit, and he had it coming to him, as did the parents that encouraged him

As for the theme or message of the episode itself. There's the obvious 'karma is a bitch', then there's Sou's very important "if you want to die, just live, since everything that lives dies eventually", and finally there's the caution about how the difference between life and death can be the smallest of knowledge (topped off with the irony of Kino not knowing that the dead people were assholes and feeling sorry for them)

>implying I want it inside her

>There's the obvious 'karma is a bitch', then there's Sou's very important "if you want to die, just live, since everything that lives dies eventually", and finally there's the caution about how the difference between life and death can be the smallest of knowledge (topped off with the irony of Kino not knowing that the dead people were assholes and feeling sorry for them)
You left out the remark about luck in life.

I think the problem was how they presented the museum. If the museum was a brutalist building instead of a residential building, it would have been fine.