I am over 30 and for the first time I have seen real T-bone steaks

The local new large supermarket had several large t-bone steaks on display, they put labels on them saying “American T-Bone steak”. They were fresh and they laid there like massive icons. People stared at them shile walking by, some stopped to gaze at them. My assumption is they aren’t American at all but from a Polish or Ukrainian cow. Still, the sight alone was mesmerizing.

Americans, how do you even cook those? Can you fry them in a pan?

Attached: 377A5734-A61C-44DB-942D-F084A0658210.jpg (355x355, 47K)

I would assume you cook it very slowly.
Or you call it "bloody" but I think you're just a fucking retard

Sear in a pan over high heat 30 sec per side, then put in broiler, 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness. You're welcome.

Grilled.

what the fuck who hasn't had a tbone

Then I guess we should call you "T-bone"
>T-BONE!
T-BONE!
>T-BONE!
T-BONE!

Attached: 3490fd17ccc569a946ee41ebe7407558.jpg (716x535, 41K)

Attached: joker pointing.gif (300x186, 446K)

Cook it for about 30 seconds.

Melts in your mouth

Cook on BBQ with Hickey chips soaked in water over charcoal.

who fuckin cares.

>I would assume you cook it very slowly.
way to ruin a fucking steak

>>/ck/

Season with salt and pepper. Put them in a searing hot pan, 3-5 minutes per side. Lower the temp then throw crushed garlic cloves, butter, and fresh thyme in the pan. Spoon the butter over the steak for about a minute, then let it rest on a plate for 5 minutes or so.

The idea of a T-Bone steak is very American. It has both Top Sirloin, and Filet Mignon all in once steak.
Try it, the smaller side of the steak tastes different than the bigger side, it's incredible.

Fuck off with that nonsense

This

I thought t-bone steaks were something that only exists in cartoons. The ones with the round white bone in it or something

If you don't have a proper grill then pan frying at high heat to get a good sear and finishing in the oven is the best method. Use a quality fat or a good ghee preferably with a layer of salt and put on black pepper when done before tossing around in the drippings and letting it rest. Don't fucking over cook it or else you're a faggot.

Attached: DSC03986-1024x677.jpg (1024x677, 185K)

Ackchually you could sous vide it very slowly until medium rare and then as long as you finish it off on the grill or broiler or even pan for the char crust it'll taste breddy dank

>Put in deep ceramic disk and cover with tinfoil
>Put in preheated over for about 2-4 hours (depending on thickness)

>American cuisine
>big slab of meat

Lol

Get a charcoal grill and a bunch of shitty pils beer. If you want to eat soon then go find a thermometer and cook the steak on the grill for about three minutes or when the internal temp is around 130 Fahrenheit. Be sure to drink lots of beer, shoot a child, and sing the Star Spangled Banner as you do this.

Grilling is best but iron skillet sear and broil is great.

Let it get to room temperature while you rub both sides with a little soy sauce and pepper.

It is IMPORTANT THE MEAT IS DRY WHEN ROOM TEMP. Blot it with paper towels until dry.

Put some olive oil in an iron skillet and set the oven to Broil.

On the stove top, let the oil shimmer. Place the steak in, sear for 1-1.5 minutes, flip and do the same . Add diced onion and put in the broiler for 3 miuntes for rare, 4 minutes for medium rare and 5 for medium. Anything higher than medium is for faggots.

Let the meat rest under foil (not touching) for 10 minutes and enjoy.

t. chef

If you cut on half.

That things too thick, would cut in 2 maybe 3 slices.

Then I give them to the dogs.

I ain’t eating no radioactive meat from those little shot countries Russia farted out

Fry it for 15 minutes per side until browned, tastes great with ketchup

What’s a broiler? thank you

You pan fry to sear and marinade then put in oven to cook the inside further.
Its not that hard.

/thread

After Chernobyl Ukraine sold radioactive beef

>I had a grandma named Koko

oven. broil setting

I believe that's how Alton Brown does his, too.

what the hell are "hickey chips"? can you use English?

>onion

Bitch I didn't order a salisbury steak I ordered a t-bone.

Salt & pepper each side
Sear on both sides a few mins
Put in an over for about 7-10 mins. Maybe more depending on thickness.
Let it rest for 5 mins.

are you from the undeveloped country side germanon, like where you only get Schnitzel?

>Americans, how do you even cook those? Can you fry them in a pan?
No.

Attached: IMG_5794.jpg (630x407, 98K)

I thought the same thing! But I have seen them now.

Attached: E88C2FF4-6365-4DB4-8D20-3DDB460FB877.jpg (1500x1051, 249K)

initial searing done with no oil?

Not all ovens have that. The broiler function is heat coming from the top part of the oven, normally electric, even in gas ovens.

I have no words, except that you are a pussy and a faggot and a foodlet. Be gone you

He is from that one village in the mountains that still makes Christmas decorations out of wood by hand.

I like caramelized onions, sue me.

Likely auto correct for hickory chips. How could you not figure that out?

>blot it
t. Faggot

Also, reddit spacing.

>The local new large supermarket had several large t-bone steaks on display, they put labels on them saying “American T-Bone steak”. They were fresh and they laid there like massive icons. People stared at them shile walking by, some stopped to gaze at them. My assumption is they aren’t American at all but from a Polish or Ukrainian cow. Still, the sight alone was mesmerizing.
I see American still has some soft power left.

Nobody cares about your gammy

On a grill.

Attached: 1459403974062.png (600x705, 104K)

I am from Bavaria, so not sure what you mean.

Praise our Capitalist exploitation, makes me so proud!

Attached: taco-bell.tmb-t-400x400.png (400x400, 96K)

Dont dis schnitzle

I don't see the point of paying so much for steak. Why not just eat hamburger?

>Top Sirloin
>Filet Mignon
T-Bone is strip steak, vertrebra, and the narrow end of the tenderloin. Porterhouse is strip steak, vertebra, and the thicker end of the tenderloin.

Strip steak isn't sirloin.

I see... that one village. I've heard rumours about but never knew it really exists.

Attached: hans_schnitz.jpg (736x901, 98K)

That's a porterhouse, almost. Look that shit up.

Have you seen the Von Riefenstahl film In the Shadow of Piz Palu? Then you saw me. I was born in a village at the base of Piz Palu. There, we all speak like this.

you gotta be careful with steaks, if it doesn't come from free range cows -- TOSS IT OUT

otherwise you're eating a steroid-fed, mad cow pumped with antibiotics

This man knows his shit

castrate yourself

Are other countries really this terrible? I can go to the local grocery and the meat counter will cut my steak however thick I want it...

Attached: 1517623095115.png (506x321, 288K)

Boom. Exactly how it's done, but I also wrap the entire steak in tin foil after it's done cooking for about 5 minutes. Also you need a legit broiler pan like pic related to do it right.

Attached: 0007077550002_500X500.jpg.cf.jpg (400x400, 36K)

At least I didn't call you out for using olive oil... Hit up some slightly caramelized ghee like Ancient Organics for real American Umami it also goes great with onions to fry up for a cheese steak.

We grill them usually.

Thanks. I wasnt going to bother but you did and I’m glad

That's a big steak.

Attached: cia[1].jpg (569x802, 85K)

>t. doesn't like hickey chips with his steak
Might as well just grill a fucking tofurkey

>I am over 30 and for the first time I have seen real T-bone steak
How is this even possible to be a grown man and never have eaten a T-bone steak?

You fuckin grill it. Use lump coal. Don't tell Hank Hill what you did though.

Attached: 4u.png (828x503, 78K)

Bone in is shit for pan searing because you get an uneven sear. Need to grill tbones

I know a T-Bone Steakhouse in Passau. You obviously missed that until today...

>tfw sous vide master race

Attached: 1467030269031.gif (260x242, 1.91M)

Usually grill them low and slow with salt and pepper

Shit I can go a few blocks around the corner and buy a whole cow straight off the farm. I can even shoot him in my back yard if I want to.

Just like all steaks. Sear the fuck out of them real fast on all sides and dig in. Watch Ramsey make a steak. You do it like Ramsey.

American Country Fried Steak culinarily descends from schnitzel

Attached: IMG_5795.jpg (1500x1125, 177K)

>I don't see the point of paying so much for steak

In a per kg price they were cheaper than other meat, but my guess is this is because of the fat and bone.

Grill them. Anything else is a horrible waste of good meat.

Believe it or not, the steaks you see these days in grocery stores are fully microwaveable. I find that the meat has much more flavor when prepared this way.

Sup Forums - international cooking

You wanna just sear a t-bone and eat it rare. Its a tasty cut

Take this to /ck/, you fucking retard

Attached: images.jpg (218x232, 7K)

>I find that the meat has much more flavor when prepared this way.

Attached: 1470946975662.jpg (800x587, 45K)

Attached: 1516917701513.png (665x800, 54K)

>microwaving steak
Jesus christ america

Leni? Last time she sent me a signed copy of one of her famous 40s photography. inb4 checking the film ...

measure thickness and use a grill

Attached: 20180320_171839.png (1433x2478, 252K)

Hot and fast, actually. Counterintuitive, I know.

Drumpf is finished

Attached: notsoap.jpg (3648x2736, 3.51M)

I never ate a T-bone steak

I'm wasting my life

In Ukraine all cows are just cows. They grow up in the fields and once they are a few years old an Ukrainian shoots them and sell them to us. Except for radiation, there is nothing bad in the meat.

So are children.