THE ALT-RIGHT IS IN DECLINE - HAS ANTIFASCIST ACTIVISM WORKED?

>The alt-right appears to be falling apart. The Traditionalist Workers party disintegrated this week after a lurid interpersonal drama among its leadership. Richard Spencer says his alt-right rallies aren’t “fun” any more, and is rethinking his college tour in the aftermath of his fizzer of an event in East Lansing, Michigan, two weeks ago.

>It’s a good time to offer an observation: on the terms it set itself, antifascist organizing in the United States has worked.

>Consider the failure of Spencer’s long-planned address at Michigan State University. Though it was spring break, students and organized antifascist groups showed up to protest, and Spencer gave his pitch for a white ethnostate to an almost empty auditorium. He issued 150 tickets, but only managed to get 20 people along. Spencer himself blamed the protesters for the event’s failure, just as he is blaming them for his movement’s declining ability to muster any numbers in public.

>And that non-event was not an outlier. The same weekend, a planned alt-right conference in Detroit fell apart after venues pulled out under public pressure and one of the organizers, lawyer Kyle Bristow, announced he was leaving the movement. Various “March 4 Trump” events around the country, featuring alt-right contingents, were also small, and met with significant counterprotests.

>Other events in the latter half of last year were also poorly executed and sparsely attended. On a recent podcast, Spencer said the movement was “in a dark place”. And it has been put there by those determined to oppose it.

>Throughout 2017 and into 2018, antifascists have consistently showed up to, and disrupted, public far-right gatherings. After I saw its numbers peak at Charlottesville, Virginia, last summer, the openly white supremacist and fascist segment of the far right has been consistently opposed and usually outnumbered by counterprotesters at events around the country.

Attached: #PROUDTOBE.jpg (480x480, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/19/the-alt-right-is-in-decline-has-antifa-activism-worked
youtu.be/cG09732b-Y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>From my perch in Portland, Oregon, I have seen antifascists show up month in, month out to publicly oppose far-right organizing. In some instances, such as in Boston last 19 August, rightwing rallies have faced opposition numbering in the tens of thousands.

>The far right’s online organizing has also been targeted. Antifascist websites like have obtained logs from servers used to organize events like Charlottesville. As well as using them in their own reporting, they have made them available to mainstream news organizations. (ProPublica’s recent reporting on secretive neo-nazi group AtomWaffen was based on similar leaked chat logs.)

>These materials, as well as media reporting, have been used to identify and expose far-right activists to their families, teachers and employers, in the communities they live in.

>For many on the alt-right, this has led to serious legal consequences. Rightwing Charlottesville participants are awaiting trial on charges ranging from murder to felony perjury. Cases like that of Oregon’s Andrew Oswalt, who was in student government until exposed as a far-right activist, and was charged with a felony hate crime, show that this kind of work is going on away from highly publicized events.

>And major tech platforms and their advertisers have been pressured to exclude far-right voices, and they have been responding. From late last year, Twitter began excluding alt-right accounts en masse, and recently YouTube has appointed more moderators to police beefed-up policies on hate speech. Far-right users have increasingly retreated to smaller, more accommodating platforms.

>Antifascist groups have been the target of criticism from across the political spectrum during the first year of the Trump
presidency. The right has made them the basis both of moral panics about violence, and conspiracy theories of subversion. And other leftists have questioned the wisdom of antifascist tactics and strategy.

>The morality of political violence is a weighty, and always important topic, which we need to constantly scrutinize and revisit. That said, most of the antifascist tactics described above are nonviolent. And a lot of antifascist violence has been defensive, notably in Charlottesville.

>As to tactics, the proof is in the pudding. All of the measures described have led not only to failed events and dwindling cadres, but to infighting and blame games in an increasingly fractious far-right movement. Seriously divided, the alt-right looks like it is crumbling.

>The broader hard right is still active, and energized. The growth of groups like the Proud Boys shows that you don’t need to tote swastikas to engage in political violence, and Turning Point USA shows how attacking the left can be given a veneer of respectability.

>There’s also the fact that during the Trump era, a lot of far-right political beliefs have been partially mainstreamed – the resurgence of public antisemitism is just one indicator of that.

>But it seems that the white supremacist alt-right will not survive the Trump era as a coherent movement. If so, antifascist activists can take a large measure of credit.

Link: theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/19/the-alt-right-is-in-decline-has-antifa-activism-worked

Do you think Antifa has been successful, Sup Forums?

>make up term alt-right
>prop up some literal who like Spencer as the """leader""" of your made up boogeyman
>get him to publicly denounce the movement
>LOOK MOM WE WON
pathetic

So again, the argument is that Spencer is good enough to not fight back, because of his commitment to non-violence.

Therefore, Alt-Right don't real.

You seem to be missing a few steps there.

There is no alt right.

Yes there is.

Upvoted.

Controlled opposition literally trademarked it, set up a website and stole a mascot.

Attached: tel.webm (1130x850, 1.02M)

Yes goyim...the alt right crumbles. Time to change your mind!

Attached: 1517939515455.jpg (600x600, 55K)

[INCREASINGLY NERVOUS]

Attached: increasingly_nervous_madcow.png (720x613, 413K)

Your thread has seven replies because it stinks and lacks effort. See you in the archives if you don't get pruned first.

Attached: memedonkey.jpg (443x803, 72K)

Normal people will win and you animals will get what you deserve.

That's right there's no alt right go back to sleep now

Daily reminder that Richard Spencer is controlled opposition

Now that the heat has gotten too much for him he's cashing out before he gets shot or something, figuring his job is done

I'm glad you faggots are chasing the alt right ghost around.

Seems like this Drumpfcuck can't count very well! We are up to over 16 replies now and it is still growing, BIGOT. You cannot suppress my free speech!

The media still thinks "the alt right" is a real thing and is connected to any of these irl organizations or ecelebs, when really it is just the collective autism of thousands of anons who like to make Hitler memes.

Threadly reminder that the "alt-right" is a made up term to pin down a certain group of people into a vague ideology in the hopes of shaming and false flagging them until support is lost at the base, and the internationalist propaganda can continue.

>the alt-right slows down post culture war victory
The losers go: "OMG WE ARE WINNING!"
Also that is not how you greentext, goon

I'm not drumpf cuck or a part of a group you can identify. It's hilarious watching the left attack the dummy that is the alt right. Please continue your worthless attack all your effort and resources wasted.

Yeah where did exactly Spencer come from? I remember him becoming a thing out of nowhere during the campaign

Richard Spencer doesn't represent me.

Yes, you're a degenerate reprobate, which is what we have been saying all along.

Confessing that you're a degenerate reprobate is not virtue signalling; it's quite the opposite.

Why so many g*dian links today. Fuck that shit paper. Stop linking to fake news. Don't even archive that boulevard dirt

Most people in the so-called "alt-right" don't even call themselves alt-right. It's a snarl label for anyone who is to the Right of Che Guevara and on whom establishment psyops don't work.

Antifa are violent Communist thugs who cheer on North Korea.

Saged.

Attached: 1466538313793.jpg (600x600, 43K)

Is this going to be like a cat toy? There were seven actual replies when I posted because all the others were you, you boob. You can't bump your own thread idiot.

Attached: Hey_Buddy.jpg (161x239, 21K)

Go suck Donald Drumpf's microdick, you fucking loser. And take a math class while you're at it!!!

t. /r/altright

sorry, you have to be at least 18 to post in this board

Right wing people are getting jobs and starting families. Only leftist are out in the streets being butthurt.

Attached: 1441151899455.jpg (1180x842, 572K)

Attached: 152129196.png (679x486, 166K)

We peaked at electing trump, so of course there will be a decline afterwards, but claiming that antifa activism is the reason does amuse me, they are so desperate.

You didn't even ask me to check my Trips. Kys

Attached: ALEX-JONES-SCREAMS.jpg (614x845, 115K)

Just because people stopped wearing ridiculous kekistan t-shirts and red hats does not mean they will stop voting against left nonsense.

>stares off camera for a calculated 7 seconds, showing faint hint of a grin
Race realism... has almost broken through as a mainstream idea, you see, because Antifa keep giving the Alt Right free publicity.
>Camera switches to alternate view, displaying side head angle and a freshly uncorked bottle of Pinot Noir on a table in the distance
Useful idiots being useful idiots.
>smiles giddily
Keep it up.

Attached: 5DAE4468-9F8C-48D2-8696-0D83B2021811.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

The "Alt-Right" was a CIA psyop from the start, and its so-called leaders could never get past the ethnostate meme. I fucking hope they're right and these alt right faggots go away so something actually substantial can take form when the time is right.

In reality, more and more people I know are becoming more disgusted by antifa from the footage at events

You have to be more subversive. These overt shill threads are just a bore.

Attached: 1521400454991.jpg (800x553, 83K)

Spencer's a fag

Attached: image.jpg (580x612, 64K)

>ALT-RIGHT
no such thing in the first place

It sounds like it's time for us to start showing up and disrupting leftist events. It's easy to do.

youtu.be/cG09732b-Y0

Attached: GEO Protest.png (283x476, 197K)

You're just creating a new generation of more pissed off white people. Stand by.

Impressive. Very nice.

Also OP, you're a faggot and white nationalism will only get more and more popular.
Faggots like you will be the first to go on the day of the rope.

>everything dumbold judaea dumbf hates

Attached: usa_literature.jpg (550x550, 58K)

My fellow potato nigger is correct. Alt right is just a bullshit title designed to lasso anyone intolerant of the social justice cuck fest.

It's not as if we're dying off or converting to judaism, there's just less incidence because we're far less engaged in virtue signalling like rim-jobbing minorities or whatever else the left do for dramatic gratification.

The whole Nazi rally thing in America was fucking dumb and probably embarrassed most people who fall under the "alt right". Most of us are just regular enough people who aren't interested in forced compassion.