Goku's friends from DB all have distinct fighting styles and designs

>Goku's friends from DB all have distinct fighting styles and designs

Why do people prefer all the major supporting characters to be Saiyans again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwGKF8_RO28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was never a fan of Yamucha, even back then. Tenshinhan is fucking great though.

Because they're weaklings in the most famous part of the series?

I actually wish through some excuse they got boosted to Vegeta position for an arc, if they were left behind afterwards. It'd be interesting to see how popular they'd be if they actually got the spotlight.

Fighting styles were ignore for ki spam.

free yajirobe

>having an actual fighting styles
>which means every fighting scene with them needs to be throught out, insted of ki-blast, ATATATATA and screaming
It's just to much of a bother for both an author and animators, which leads to them discarding such characters.

For a short arc maybe like 10 episodes it would be nice to sideline the saiyans and make Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Piccolo, 18, etc the main focus. Like the arc boss got hold of the Dragonballs and wished to handicap the saiyans or make some type of poison that would incapacitate them, leaving the others too do the fighting.

Because being strong is more important than being a better fighter.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They don't? Most people I know that like dragonball love the humans the most.

you're a dumbass

Both Nappa and Raditz could've made great additions to the cast. The former being Goku's brother, who doesn't get fleshed out despite being important to the story. In Nappa's case, it's more that he got unfairly killed by Vegeta for getting his back broken.

>In Nappa's case, it's more that he got unfairly killed by Vegeta for getting his back broken.

unfairly killed? He was the one that was fighting when the slaughter happened. Tien/Lilbitch/Piccolo died fighting him.

It's not like Vegeta had any decent reason to kill him.
So yes, he is unfairly killed BY VEGETA.
It's not like his death is unfair, but reason for his death is.

Makes sense. Why practice the sword for years when some punk can kill you with a gun he just bought 5 minutes ago.

An uncle Raditz and Nappa dynamic could've been great. Seeing the cast interact with each other was what made BoG. For shame.

Garlic junior saga but good.!

No thanks

Reminds me of one of the few interesting parts of GT, when Nappa escapes from hell with a bunch of other villains and goes gunning for Vegeta for revenge

[explodes internally]

The thing is the Saiyans too are more interesting than Goku himself. His only technique is literally the Kamehameha, and in the most dire times maybe the Genkidama. Vegeta has like 3 or 4 different attacks he owns himself. The new chicks are interesting since they are new and since we never had female saiyans, also something something fanservice. Gohan is as interesting as a rock though, I'll give you that. The problem is humans just don't have the capability to reach Saiyan levels, even their recent includement is bullshit from a storywise perspective because they are or at least should be all kinds of outmatched

What was his name again, Wong Foo? When was the last time he was relevant, the fight with Krillin in DB

He blew himself up against Nappa. I remember that being pretty damn tragic. Good times man

Chiaotzu

He is a telepath. So he should be kept around just for that.

>Chiaotzu
I know, I was bring facetious

So what do we think of Plagues new video

He's a whiny cunt who hates fun.
Which video?

This one
youtube.com/watch?v=BwGKF8_RO28

>thinks he's responsible for female saiyans
What a cunt

His fetishes are lame and he should feel bad.

The original DB was far superior than anything that came after. Toriyama abandoned good storytelling for powerlevels

He's wrong about fighting games a lot.

They have the best memes

Its entirely Toriyama and the editor's fault. They made freiza way too strong compared to everyone else, effectively making goku overpowered. They should established the characters specific traits more deliberately also.
Nobody was actually looking at longevity of the series and you can really feel it by the cell arc. Luckily the manga is still pretty good, but the anime really exacerbates the lack of charcters.

Easy solution:

>Saiyans
Super Saiyan, x50 multiplier, incompatible with the Kaioken.

>Humans
Kaioken, x20 multiplier, maybe they could've improved it to x50, would still have been outclassed by SS because of the nature of the technique, but at least they wouldn't have been fodder.

Akira fucked up.

This is why I think Super should have been about Goku and Vegeta losing SS (perhaps as a side-effect of gaining god-ki, with the promise that they would end up stronger once they'd mastered the new energy), rather than gaining an allegedly-stronger form with no feats. Toning down the power levels would give old characters a chance to shine without being bullshit, and it's clear that they're tring to use side-characters more and shrink down the explosions anyway.

Because they started with the Z anime, not Dragon Ball (manga). As far as they're concerned, Yamucha, Tenshinhan and Chaozu are all Dragon Ball characters who can't measure up to the Zfaggotry they wank off to. This is the ideal cast for Dragon Ball (Kamesennin and Bulma too), anything else can't compare.

call me a Zfaggot, but once Piccolo turned good, you gotta include Vegeta for the evil teammate (unfortunately, pic related doesn't have Yajirobe)

Chiaozu is a non-character who only stuck around because he's attached to Tenshinhan's hip. He was there to have a comedic fight with Krillin and that's it.
I can't dislike Yajirobe, but he was only introduced as a stand-in for the then-dead Krillin. Toriyama giving him the Vegeta tail cut was great but I doubt he felt the need to revisit his character after that.

Tenshinhan was always one of my favorite characters. In 3/4 major ass kickings he received throughout Dragon Ball, he actually accomplished something significant. Nobody cares about him though. Yamcha has more fans.

Alright, manlet prince can come too.
I just don't like how those great characters went to waste. One Piece made me appreciate a good supporting cast, and made Dragon Ball considerably less desirable in my eyes.

and now I know frieza's role in DBS. RIP vegeta.

Raditz was a monster and Goku has to put him down

>tfw toei wouldn't do this shit in a thousand years
>tfw toriyama raughs himself into prison
>tfw toyo is gonna finish his fanfiction using super