Cymru/pol/ - Deeply concerning coastal erosion edition

>10% of Wales' roads are in a 'poor condition', data shows
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43461652

>Draft bill takes Wales towards distinct legal system
lawgazette.co.uk/law/draft-bill-takes-wales-towards-distinct-legal-system-/5065353.article

>Neil McEvoy expelled by Plaid Cymru for 18 months
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-43457417

>Stephen Kinnock: Spy crisis chance to decide if we believe in Nato
bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-politics-43429353/stephen-kinnock-spy-crisis-chance-to-decide-if-we-believe-in-nato

>Wales' First Minister Carwyn Jones has defended Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn's response to the attack on former Russian spy Sergei Skripal
bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-politics-43416432/jeremy-corbyn-condemned-spy-attack-very-strongly

>Lord Crickhowell - the champion of Cardiff Bay's regeneration - has died aged 84
walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/lord-crickhowell-champion-cardiff-bays-14432599

>Met Office issues further weather warning for Wales on Tuesday
walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/yellow-weather-warning-wales-ice-14431711

>Hero police sergeant sacked after skipping work to meet new partner
walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/hero-police-sergeant-sacked-after-14429627

Attached: erosion.jpg (650x376, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=njusQs4thWk
youtu.be/kc4MEWmDcaI?list=PL_Oh1b9a8rOiVUW02cjsCBeW73nLFv8XR&t=1670
youtube.com/watch?v=L-boPkQJKDA
youtube.com/watch?v=zlRYm_97RwU
golwg360.cymru/newyddion/cymru/515544-troi-cyngor
walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/radical-cut-number-welsh-councils-14435351
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for BASED cymru

Attached: cymru.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

First for 4 yn y bar
youtube.com/watch?v=njusQs4thWk

Is the North of Wales, the welsh speaking population, more right-wing than the South? My perception is that they speak Welsh, and thus, would have a mental division of themselves as separate and distinct people, if you follow... Is this accurate?

Attached: czj2.jpg (396x600, 17K)

North Welsh nationalism is more sophisticated and developed, while South Welsh nationalism is a lot more low-brow and neo-Nazi. I think North Wales is just as right wing as the South, but they vote Plaid for obvious historic reasons.

That's not erosion that's just structural failure.

Structural failure is a result of erosion.

youtu.be/kc4MEWmDcaI?list=PL_Oh1b9a8rOiVUW02cjsCBeW73nLFv8XR&t=1670

Attached: welsh wojak.png (701x472, 146K)

Structural failure is the result of a lot of things.

>That's not erosion that's just structural failure.

Attached: compute.png (701x679, 17K)

Usually erosion. Erosion undercuts the rock and it collapse once it loses its structural support.

That's good stuff leafbro.
youtube.com/watch?v=L-boPkQJKDA

nice to see you from the last thread senpai, Sup Forums needed this, thank you on behalf of the welsh diaspora

Attached: welsh frog dragon.png (225x225, 15K)

reminder that wales overwhelmingly votes for labour

Indeed Sup Forums did. Nice to see some diasporas here.
Still hoping for a Welshman from Argentina to pop up.
How common are Welsh Canadians?

Processes of erosion wear down coastal rock, that arch would've been part of a headland once but the sea eroded away the softer rock surrounding it, exposing it further.

>mfw can finally use my GCSE geography knowledge for once

>overwhelmingly
Labour is declining. I predict a Plaid majority by 2036.

Attached: Welsh Assembly.png (1280x906, 167K)

I believe in federalisation, maybe even the rights of the Welsh to protect from English commerce or migration, but for the purposes of access to a well sized economic market, military protection, foreign diplomacy and shared historical ties, I see no reason for independence. Sell me on seperatism.

Attached: rip cox.jpg (1200x1756, 270K)

Our economy is absolute shit and Westminster does nothing to help it. Its system of giving handouts to us like we're a hobo doesn't work and they are not intent at all on redeveloping our economy, not a Tory Westminster or a Labour Westminster.
Federalisation probably wouldn't happen.
Ireland prospered as an independent country, we can.
As an independent nation, we can control our resources and ensure that the profits from such are reaped in Wales and not in London. We have full control of our economy and a government in Cardiff rather than London would be only concerned with our interests. We can control our borders, restore our language, preserve our culture, and reintroduce industry to our country.

Attached: absolute state.jpg (651x662, 57K)

The only solution is to sack London.

>How common are Welsh Canadians?
A very small minority amounting to

Why is coastal erosion concerning other than to poofters? The coast of Britain has been hanging for a long time. The Anglos landed on a completely different shoreline.

Seeing as Brit/pol/ is ruined as a native of Swydd Gaerlleon I will post here.

Attached: IMG_0172.jpg (3024x4032, 1.84M)

Just a question. Has anyone thought of a Pan-Celtic tongue, one which is Gaelic and Brythonic?

People's houses on the coastlines that are eroding rapidly severely drop in price, for one. There's one woman whose house is worth less than a loaf of bread. It ruins communities and lives, fucks up with people's livelihoods. Most of our settlements in Wales are on the coastline.

Attached: sheep per hectare.png (1200x1330, 578K)

Proto-Celtic, the ancestor of the Brythonic and Irish languages.

Same reason I am gonna use this but we have to make sure there's a decent amount of Welsh posts and also Assembly politics is heavily discussed.

Drown out the more innane posters with regional discussions that they are isolated from.

Caerlleon is a nice place. I used to go there to see the Roman ruins when I was a kid.
Yeah, this.

Problem is Proto-Celtic doesn't have any of the Gaelic or Bythonic features, it would be kind of soulless. I thought of one phrase, "Mora dea" which means good day in my new Pan-Celtic tongue Tudhaege.

Brythonic sorry.

But Scotland does perfectly fine under rule from London, and we can as well provided the right reform, which is evident because of their profits.

I am the most intelligent poster in this thread.

Idk, Irish and Welsh are both beautiful languages in their own right.
>"Mora dea" which means good day in my new Pan-Celtic tongue Tudhaege
Intriguing. Tell me more about this, please.
Yet the Scots want greater freedom.
I want Wales to have full control over everything within its borders. We shouldn't have to answer to Westminster at all.

I've seen the quality of Shit/pol/, and you aren't.
Refugee scum.

Help i'm trapped in a Welsh tin-mine

Well basically, I am in the process of finding the word roots of Irish and Welsh simultaneously and calculating an intermediate word using both Irish and Welsh rules. I may not succeed but proper language experts way more advanced in their field than I should definitely look into this.

As an Englishman that has worked in North Wales for the past 6 years, i can tell that most of them are pot smoking, coke sniffing hippies.

Linguistics ftw.
Sounds interesting, definitely. Keep on going, user.

my english gf gets upset when we visit my family because they loudly sing the Welsh national anthem before every dinner. Its just family tradition.

Who is in the wrong here?

My family for not being as patriotic as yours.

Attached: sad welsh.jpg (976x549, 86K)

She is obviously. Great song.

*blocks your path*

Attached: mcevoytweet.jpg (660x660, 76K)

Glad he's been expelled.

Beann Cueth!

Cweth sorry.

you're in the wrong for having an English girlfriend

>pumping liquid wool into )))their((( women
>wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=zlRYm_97RwU

Cheeky bit of Rarebit

golwg360.cymru/newyddion/cymru/515544-troi-cyngor
walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/radical-cut-number-welsh-councils-14435351

Plans to reduce the number of councils in Wales from 22 to 10, with the following merges:
>Anglesey and Gwynedd
>Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire
>Conwy and Denbighshire
>Flintshire and Wrexham
>Swansea and Neath Port Talbot
>Bridgend, Rhondda Cynon Taff and Merthyr Tydfil
>Glamorgan and Cardiff
>Newport and Caerphilly
>Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent and Monmouthshire

Only Powys will escape unscathed.

Thoughts? Will you miss your local authority? Do you feel any sense of regional identity? Would you prefer to revert to the historic counties? Is local government the most boring topic in politics? Should we annex the border counties of England and reclaim Cambria irredenta? Most importantly of all, will there be any changes to refuse collection?

Attached: Wales_Administrative_Map.png (2150x3389, 1.18M)

>comedi Cymraeg

Attached: cmonmidffild.jpg (168x94, 5K)

The councils mostly follow arbitrary distinctions rather than historical precedent, so I don't really care.

It's no Pobol y cwm (hehe, cum), I'll give you that

>monmouthshire
>into newport
fuck lads, you have no idea how bad this is for me

Attached: 1521388263051.jpg (619x453, 28K)

I think we should have the counties the way they are.
Is there any way we can stop this?

nevermind, think i read this wrong

why is usk highlighted...a re we special?

I'm actually feeling sad. Idk why. I feel like starting a campaign.
Save our councils.

I'm guessing the pinpointed ones are the seats of council HQs.

They've been going on about this for years, at one point they wanted as few as 8 councils. Money is the main reason. I like the old pre-1974 counties, although only because they're historic and make for a more aesthetic map. On the other hand it makes sense for the boundaries to reflect population.

Attached: 8localauthorities.jpg (320x410, 15K)

we got any powys lads here? looks comfy asf here

I would be pissed if they merged monmouthshire with newport at all

I think anyone would be pissed to be merged with Casnewydd, tbqh.
I drove through Powys. Nice.

Any areas merged with the cities should look out, I imagine the people of Caerphilly and Monmouth wouldn't be too pleased if the authority in Newport started rehousing asylum seekers and ex-offenders in their towns.

heh, t-that'll never happen

Attached: sw2.jpg (300x300, 21K)

Yeah, this is what I'm worried about.