Goblin Slayer Year One - Chapter 4

after some misunderstandings - there is a new chapter of Goblin Slayer Year One in the current issue of Young Gangan.

wasabisyrup.com/archives/j4QySu9XAqk

a shaman

how did you get this picture of me and my bitch?!
DELETE THIS

poor girl

goblin corpses and a blood trail

the culprit is escaping --- and another ass shot of a goblin.

I don't want to complain but this chapter was pretty much nothing. Just him killing 4 goblins and getting grabbed by not!Kratos

look, it's raining hobgoblin corpses!

Nice trap, GS.

>tongue piercing
>Egyptian King style getup and attitude
My nigga with the swagger and style.

it's also raining Goblin Slayers.

third goblin

So did the shaman use necromancy or did GS do a bad job?

Probably a combination of both

"Why are you sharpening the reinforced border of your shield?"
"It may be of use."

Shaman starts casting a spell

Believe it or not the point of a surprise attack is that you surprise them.
Screaming loudly doesn't help

Lightning bolt, from the appearance.

Cute butt.

the hobgoblin is hit

also GS

another spell incoming

>saving throw

a third spell - well, it seems that this shaman is pretty powerful

GS answers with a spell of his own, "Throw Shield".

another "saving throw", it seems

using the broken blade of his sword

>throwing it like a frisbee
What

brutal

IS THAT A FUCKING

We Captain America now.

he just wanted something to connect with the bolt

uh ho, the hob was either not dead or the shaman revived him.

Metal attracts Electricity. Nice thinking

His skinny arm is not yet physical shape.

last page.

Next chapter in the next YG issue, published December 1st (minus a few days for korean scans, plus a few days for english scans).

this manga is so stupid

>spend early chapter droning about how goblins are weakest monsters
>goblins are actually biggest threat to mankind

Is he sure it won’t pass through and get him?

>164738287 no (YOU) for you

If he has the strength to throw that shield then why didn’t he throw the shield at the goblin before?

What is this white stuff over her?

yeah what the fuck kind of ruler that lets some Monster race thats capable of Class advancement exist.

attacked with a hot glue gun

Wait, so he didn’t even decapitate the hob? He didn’t even slice anything off or inflict some deeper wounds? He could have taken off that throat thoroughly in a few seconds.

>GOBBED

>jumping down
>oops, I fell on the wrong place and broke myself
>not staying above and hurling shit down

>more rape

They never met adult goblins like champions and lords so they think the whole species is shit tier which is strange.
Maybe they're hiding and building up a huge gob army.

If I was at the table, I’d probably call bullshit.

>shield bash
Nice.

This is GS as an amateur, it shows all the errors he made before we first see him. In the last chapter, he used a long sword in a cave, didn't grab the Goblins' weapons, and had those useless horns on his helmet.
This is the story of him learning.

In the previous chapter, he had a goblin spring back at him because he didn’t make sure it was dead. He didn’t check to ensure the big guy was dead? This is basic learning.

i though he had a teacher already..what a shitty teacher

Well, there's a difference between having someone there teaching you this stuff and then doing it on your own.

>he used a long sword in a cave
What’s wrong with stabbing?

He should have learned from his first experience. If the little guys fake deaths, the big guys can too. It’s not like the big guy would be less effective for throwing if it’s head was gone.

Goblins aren't stupid, but they aren't very smart.
Looks like the only shit to hurl down he had time to prepare was the hobgoblin corpse, and he's clearly practiced the art of the plunging attack. The real criticism here is not waiting for the shaman to expose himself and taking him down first, chalk it up to his lack of composure and experience in these early days of gob slaughter.

English translation when?

>no rocks in area
>nothing to throw
>no rocks at

I hate goblins

He's gonna break his other horn off in that fuckers eye I bet.

>mfw rape

Seeing as they come out pretty much with a few days of difference (year one vs original), can we expect one of the normal soon?

Bandit's training method is basically him trying to kill you on a day to day basis.
GS learned how to use his head, and that's pretty much all he got from the Rhea.

It was undoubtedly an all around bad idea to jump in like an idiot so soon, but seeing how this skirmish has unfolded it looks like it was meant to be seen as an impulsive and foolish decision on his part. I can see current GS looking back on this with embarrassment and coming up with at least ten different ways he could have done it better.

thats why he's shitty teacher..knowledge of your enemy is pretty much decided your life and death.

>the dice is cast
DIE**

I like the rape. More please?

In a life or death situation I imagine your mind is going at a million miles a second, so it's easy to see a rookie make mistakes that he knows he shouldn't.

Hell, even in sports I used to make really dumb mistakes just from the nerves or overthinking it. Over time it becomes second nature

Whoa was goblin slayer always this lewd?

He had time to set up the trap beforehand, to tie up the goblin and was waiting to throw it. He has time.

Doesn't matter, even a pro can get tunnel vision

A pro could slow down and use his head.

Why didn’t he rape the goblin? It would grant great benefits.

RAAAAPE!

Isn't this his first quest?

I want to know to.

What's the lewdness level of this compare to Berserk?

I'll be more mad I got invited over to somebody's house for a session and it's dead sat in on the DM and one player jerk each other off.

FUCK! How is he still alive.

>Young Gangan
Is it just a coincidence that gangan means rape in korean?

>The other player roleplays his raping of a village girl
>The DM goes along with it, panting heavily between shitty falsettos
>You're stuck there watching because this villager is somehow plot related to a quest

Only being able to stab is not very great when you're are getting rushed by 6 enemies who are to stupid to be afraid of getting stabbed. Horizontal swings are much more useful.

I could be overthinking it, maybe using the hob was a bad idea at this point. The last panel almost insinuates that the hob was woken up and enraged by the lightning bolt spell.

If your character was lawful or good in anyway you should have started rolling for initiative. If the DM was allowing evil or Chaotic Neutral PCs that should have been your first red flag most people can not play those types of characters in a way that you're entire party wouldn't turn on them if RP'd right.

I don't get the post-sewer iron maiden scene in volume 2. Did she spontaneously disappear? Did they fugg?

Read Chapter 3. The manga says it's possible to stab over 7 guys coming at you all at once

>biggest threat to mankind
youre an idiot, goblins dont fuck up half a kingdom in a single night.

Horizontal swings might get caught in the enemy & you lost momentum as the blade enters them. Just attack while backtracking.

>The Dice is Cast
>Dice is

>tfw rape

this artist is very messy
way to much shit happenong on some of the pannels

>throat stab
>remove blade to stab again

WRAWNG! The proper procedure is 1) stab blade into throat, 2) put entire weight on top to drive it in, 3) TWIST the blade and augur out the filthy animal's throat!

They have the potential to be really fucking strong if left on their own, but i believe there's still an insane amount of dangerous creatures everywhere.

This is.... uh, getting kinda stupid isn't? Feels like it is; mangaka is already starting to run out of steam and ideas.

The only ideas he needs are how would rape be portrayed. Big breasts or small? One goblin or many?

This chapter is a bit underwhelming, but I at least I got my monthly dose of goblin rape.

no not really, they just have strength in numbers, thats their thing, goblin champions, shamans and lords are the ubermensch and pretty fuckin rare, its just that you're more likely to be overwhelmed by 100 goblins than you are to be killed by an ogre or some shit cause the odds of you killing one strong thing is better than killing 100 weaklings

It just feels very mundane, even for rape. It was great when it started, cause it served many purposes and drove the plot forward, but the last few times it's been "here are some girls getting raped". I'm getting confused as to what the point is here. Is the point that all goblins must die, no matter the cost or is it that Goblin Slayer kills goblins to save people? It is starting to come of as self masturbatory cause he uses both excuses when he feels like it to justify his actions and out comes.

Goblin Slayer or rather, the plot of Goblin Slayer flip flops in theme and gravity to paint Goblin Slayer in the best light possible. I'll keep my on Goblin Slayer but this feels oddly like it's starting to become a power fantasy. I'm just saiyan, if girls are going to keep getting raped, at least make it mean something.

If they're smart enough to play chess, they should be smart enough not to pillage and rape.

Its not the same mangaka though. Is it?