Is Madoka a deconstruction?

Is Madoka a deconstruction?

Madoka is a sexy girl.

Is the sun bright?

Madoka is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the cute, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole magic faggotry and everything about the Madoka world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Madoka is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Madoka threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

more like dick in suction

Nah

It's a subversion, not a deconstruction. By going darker and edgier it subverted people's expectations of it being a comfy magical girl show, but in the end it had a happy ending (Rebellion not withstanding).

Can you name one anime that is genuinely a deconstruction? Not likely.

No it deconstructs several tropes but it is not a full deconstruction not until Rebellion since Homura is actually the villain.

Evangelion. They aren't even piloting mechs and everyone becomes tang at the end.

What does that deconstruct?

YuYuYu comes closest, given that it ends with the ones in charge realizing the flaws in their system and just revealing magic to the world.

``Deconstruction'' as a literary theory is an Israelite invention designed to destroy the common man's sense of perspective and whittle away at critical thinking in the arts.

And since the jews fear the samurai, it is physically and spiritually IMPOSSIBLE for a japanese work to be a ``Deconstruction''.

Samurai Flemenco?

underage as hell

t. contemporary ``art'' fetishist

I want to poke her butthole

No, Madoka is a mahou shoujo.

gb2 gaia

I consider the incubators to be the villains of Rebellion.

They're antagonists but they're not villains. A villain is a character that does evil, the incubators aren't evil.

holy shit madoka viewers are tards

Is it just me or is it hard to find good ass art of this show?

if you mean a glib facsimile of Evangelion, then yes

14 year olds don't have good asses

Is this pasta or are you genuinely upset?

Deconstruction is just a buzzword to make something sound better than it really is. There is no a single work that's called "deconstruction" that wasn't highly pretentious.

Nah it's not that bad, just overrated. If the characters weren't little grills so people wouldn't have the strange emotional attachment it would be recognized as just good.

Kyuubey did nothing wrong!

NOTHING!

holy shit madoka viewers are tards

that's right, m s Madoka-chan!

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Nigga that's ancient pasta

The absolute state of current Sup Forums

no?

madokateens are not Sup Forums users

I honestly shouldn't be disappointed when I expect nothing from you, but you just disappointed me not recognizing this ancient pasta.

Pasta can be addressed if it's not pure shitposting.

They clearly didn't recognize it in the slightest, they honestly thought it was something brand new

Forgive me, i only found this place last week :^)

No. Magical girls turning into the monsters they were meant to fight is not deconstruction. Aliens using the souls of said magical girls as power plants is not deconstruction.

>Aliens using the souls of said magical girls as power plants

It's actually more complicated than that. It's the transition they go through from mahou shoujo to witch that counteracts the ever increasing entropy of the universe. This is needed to maintain order throughout the universe as a whole, without which life could never unfold.

I was simplifying the process. That being said, the heat death of the universe is only a threat to the Incubator species, who are functionally immortal. 99.999999999% of species that have ever existed would have gone extinct long before.

Which raises the question if sacrifices should be made for the greater good. Should you lay down your life to ensure the survival of a distant and unknown future? Or are you more concerned with the here and now?

The sacrifice of a few to bring about meaningful change is really nothing in comparison to what would have to be done by more advanced civilizations to ensure the same outcome.

This post made me genuinely sad

It's not the greater good. The sole beneficiaries of Kyubey's process is the Incubator species itself. They are only concerned with ensuring their own survival.

You don't know what you're talking about, mate.

But doesn't that consequentially save the universe?

You are aware of their purpose though, right? Without incubators never "incubating" the universe, life would have never came about.

Says who?

That's not what's happening. They're trying to prolong the life of the universe, and save it from heat death in the far, far future.

The Incubators are not concerned about preserving biodiversity beyond species with appropriate emotional conditions so as to harvest more energy. Very few, if any species other than the Incubators would die out as a result of the heat death of the universe; others will fall to predation, mass extinction events, or their stars aging. These are of no concern to the Incubators.

So? As long as the universe is going at least there is life.

Is this post a deconstruction of failing out of art school?

The evolution of new species is not morally righteous.

But you're acting as if the incubators are unrighteous.

That's no comfort to the countless species they leave behind

No, they are amoral; they act in the sole interest of their own species.

So it's better that all life is removed?

> Morality only applies when humans and exclusively no other species can benefit
Libtard college rots yet another ""brain""

Those species will die with or without the Incubators, it makes no difference.

Most life is removed either way, whether they act or not. The only ones who benefit from their fuckery is themselves. Just because they're extending the life of the universe doesn't mean they're doing anything to extend the life of other species - in fact they've shown no interest in doing so.

The fact is that Kyubey is trying to turn Madoka into the most powerful puella magi ever, which would subsequently turn into the most powerful witch ever, that no other could then defeat, and his little cycle scheme would be broken regardless.

Well it depends on what super-Gretchen is going to do after eating Earth. Does she have FTL spaceflight capabilities? If not, then she's not really a concern for anyone else.

This

>a species with explicitly no regard for good or evil isn't amoral
As expected of a Sup Forumstard.

She's the loveliest

Exactly. Kamen Rider Mahou Shoujo is a neat idea that they executed well, but it hardly makes for a deconstruction. It's frustrating how Madoka is one of those series that people try to attribute way deeper ideas than are actually present to try to justify liking it, muc like Eva, except Eva still manages to have some decent threads every now and again. I can't even remember the last Madoka thread that was not pure cancer.

Then i fail to see how the incubators are really doing any wrong with this thread of conversation. All life dies out eventually, so if the universe lives on at least there will be some life, whether incubators or some other species. Life not being a proper moral reason can't be used because incubators seemed to be considered faulted for taking other life, as if life is something that should be preserved, yet without doing this definitely no life is preserved in the end.

All we know is they tried to stop the heat death of the universe. The Universe and the incubators might have been doomed according to the Incubator plan anyways. E.g. Heat death would have happened in 5 trillion years if they did nothing. They stop the heat death of the universe and 500 trillion years later the big rip destroys the universe.

If you are wondering where I got those numbers, I just pulled them out of my ass.

Regardless if they're truly good or evil, we can all agree that the Incubators are assholes.

I'm not saying the Incubators are morally wrong. The Incubators themselves don't care about wrong or right. Whether or not the goal of self-preservation justifies their exploitative methods depends on your system of morality. Regardless, they are not acting for the greater good.

>It's frustrating how Madoka is one of those series that people try to attribute way deeper ideas than are actually present to try to justify liking it
Absolutely. And Urobuchi is not that clever a man - if some of these ideas were written into the series, it'd be even more of a clusterfuck.

They're still cute.

>Does she have FTL spaceflight capabilities
I am making the assumption that this is within the reach of "the most powerful witch in the universe", but i don't really know that for certain.

Bear in mind that witches tend to have goals. Gretchen's was to encase the Earth in her barrier, creating a "paradise" for its inhabitants. Presumably she'd be destroyed when the Sun blows.

observe

I just started to watch the show a and i already hate the guy.

kyubey also remind me of a pedophile or a child trafficker luring in kids with candy.

>make a pasta bout newfags liking madoka
>several years later
>newfags can't even tell it's pasta

How would newfags be able to tell it's pasta? What's your point?

>newfags won't even be able to tell it's just another iteration of that naruto pasta

He really isn't though.

He presents the terms and conditions of the exchange, and he doesn't tell a lie. If the girls would have simply asked about details i'm certain he would have explained it.

Madoka Magica draws heavily on Faust, can you really fault the devils advocate for presenting a contract with terms and conditions that aren't being understood by the consenting parties?

I'm about to start watching Madoka Magica for the first time.

What am I in for?

Keki and a lot of lowkey lesbians.

It doesn't help the Incubators' case when they dance around crucial facts of the contract even when asked direct questions.

Like what crucial facts? Keep in mind you're negotiating with something that can't comprehend or understand what human emotions are, in case you're asking it to take them into consideration.

I keep hearing this thing about the incubators being created by another race?

Madoka is good, but heavily overhyped.
The show tries to be as deep and is probably inspired by NGE and Lain. I doesn't become as deep or good as these shows, but it does become better than a lot of other shows.
It's not THAT complicated though, people who call Madoka complex are stupid normies, it has some interesting plot twist, but nothing is complex about it.
Also, Madoka herself is rather underdeveloped, she only undergoes developement in the end, pretty much staying the innocent helpless little girl that has no idea what's going on.

so they asked
>what are witches?
and he answered
>beings born from curses
leaving out
>witches are magical girls after they despair (crucial fact about the reality of the contract and witches)
While technically correct, they are still decieving girls whether they comprehend it or not, and they have an agenda behind not telling them this. This is called a lie by omission.
Kyubey has proved time and time again he is not above manipulation like this.

>Also, Madoka herself is rather underdeveloped
this is how I know you don't know what you're talking about

It's like Bokurano but with magical girls.

He still eats the (corrupted) souls of little girls though.

Kamen Rider Ryuki was a deconstruction of Kamen Rider and Meguca is a carbon copy of Ryuki only with magically girls and less characters. Therefore, Meguca is a deconstruction of Mahou Shoujo.

He says that he purposely omits the truth about magical girls/withes because the girls would usually go on hysterics about dying and becoming the universe's batteries.

>Madoka Magica draws heavily on Faust, can you really fault the devils advocate for presenting a contract with terms and conditions that aren't being understood by the consenting parties?

Nah, the only thing they have in common is the whole "selling your soul to the devil" theme. The book is quite different in the sense that Faust really wanted to sell his soul to whatever demon he could catch in exchange for knowledge. Even the devil (Mephistopheles in this case) doesn't want to until Faust tells him to either "take his fucking soul or stay trapped in the magic circle I drew to catch you" (paraphrasing but you catch my drift). They later go on wacky adventures together (paraphrasing).

My point is that QB tricks magical girls into becoming magical girls while Mephistopheles doesn't.

>he eats them

just where did you get that notion?

>Nah, the only thing they have in common is the whole "selling your soul to the devil" theme

So, like the entire premise underlying the story? Gotcha.

Poster from () here, just finished the first two episodes of Madoka, and here are a few thoughts I have:

>Settings are really futuristic and upscale; I find most of the architecture in this show interesting (Madoka's house, the school, the mall, various restaurants and coffee shops)
>I don't trust Kyubei further than I can throw him; this "magical girl contract" shit sounds like a multi-level marketing scheme.
>Even though I've been shown what a Witch is, I'm still not entirely sure what a Witch is. Is it some kind of evil spirit? A paper-cutout goblin?
>I do like the general aesthetic of witch stuff; the whole "paper cutout" look is really freaky and interesting, and definitely gives the Witches their own otherworldly vibe.
>I don't like the idea of legitimate mental disorders just being caused by Witches; "Oh, daddy didn't take his own life because he suffered from crippling depression, it was just Witches!"

Overall, it's kind of boring, but that's understandable, as I know that shows like these start slow but then built quickly. I'm gonna stick with it because I've heard it gets pretty hardcore later on.

Also:

>Look up this series on tsumino just to see how many doujins it has
>232 results found

My cup runneth over.

>What actually is a witch
More mechanics of the show will be revealed in time.
>Settings are really futuristic and upscale; I find most of the architecture in this show interesting
Modern/Postmodern architecture is like that. There's a ton of buildings like that already, and Shaft seems to really like that aesthetic in general. Many of the buildings you see in the show are actually based off of real ones.
>I don't like the idea of legitimate mental disorders just being caused by Witches
You got it wrong. Witches are not the sole cause of suicide, but they do contribute to it in a small way.

If you don't want spoilers, being in this thread is a terrible idea. Posters in these threads throw around spoilers freely as it has been six years since the series