Shinkai literally saving the anime industry

>hollywoodreporter.com/news/japans-anime-industry-grows-record-177b-boosted-by-your-name-exports-1058463

Basically the anime industry growed by 17 billion Dollars, so much that all anime studios are currently busy UNTIL 2020 making anime originals.

Thank you based Makoto. We here at Sup Forums are sorry that we doubted you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VGF5KrVMpq8
indiewire.com/2017/05/animaniacs-reboot-steven-spielberg-amblin-1201817336/
sankakucomplex.com/2017/11/08/p-a-works-recruiting-come-earn-6-an-hour/
mag.chinesefilmarket.com/en/article/jy-animation-growing-up-with-chinese-animation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whatever

Why is the anime industry growing while Hollywood is shrinking?

Gender bender will be the next thing after isekai.

Anime r gay

Well unfortunately it seems were're locked in for another 2 years

Jews ruin everything.

FINDS A WAY

Better than that shit movie with the deaf girl and all those annoying side characters

Ueno did nothing wrong.

Anime industry isn't entirely composed of child rapists. Also

Anime is dying they said.

Why did they even hang around her

f-f-fuck you b-buster

>Thank you based Makoto
How do we stop this madman?

She's hot.

>Total revenue from overseas sales, which includes broadcast rights, box office, DVD/Blu-ray sales and merchandising, jumped almost a third to $6.79 billion (¥768 billion) over the previous year. Sales to China increased, an AJA spokesperson confirmed, but figures for individual countries aren't compiled for the report.
more like thanks to China

She's a miracle of the universe.

>by
TO 17 billion dollars. Big difference. And Your Name did contribute modestly to that (which is still notable). However, the movie's more substantial legacy will be how it influences the artistry of anime both at the cinema and on TV. Which may or may not have serious economic ramifications.

Ueno was terrible.

Can we use the Mitsuha precedent to somehow get to nee-chans instead?

Who? That's the one where its studio fans claimed would change the anime industry forever isn't?

>the entire industry hangs by a thread and counts on one movie to do well
holly shit, I didn't know things were this bad!

Calm down user.

The industry is doing better than ever, user.

Ueno is bueno.

China. As another user pointed out, china's shilling out billions for figures of their waifus.
China is notorious for their shit taste in entertainment. Those trashy action movies that like Transformers that make you wonder why they're made? They're designed to cater towards the Chinese market rather than the US market. Check out the domestic vs foreign ticket sales figures. It's ridiculous.

On the bright side, it's unlikely china's shit taste will have an effect on the quality of anime since it's already designed to pander towards Japanese customers. Japan also has notoriously shit tastes. At least anime won't die anytime soon.

the chinese are just unabashed in liking michael bay level movies for the flash, and there's nothing wrong with that

>Calm down user
No way! You've seen what happened to Wake Up Girls!? It doesn't even have drawings or animations anymore, it's literally a traced picture of a wall with people talking in the background, and before that, last week there was another thread saying anime artists were living in poverty and that the deal with Netflix was some kind of godsend because they were finally going to make some money to buy food and pay the rent, now this shit about putting asll their hopes on a single anime movie or whatever to "save the industry". It seems to be real bad over there

>now this shit about putting asll their hopes on a single anime movie or whatever to "save the industry"
Yes but that's not actually what's happening, nor what the article says. The industry is being healthily grown through a diverse range of revenue sources, most notably receipts from overseas streaming. Contrary to what you may have heard from other posters around, the amount of money that Japan makes from the Chinese and the West is a lot. And the entire domestic production capacity is booked solid through 2020.

Yes, animators are still (probably) paid like shit. But that's not due to a lack of work, but rather a function of structural power in the anime industry. Which is why Netflix may be a "godsend".

>You've seen what happened to Wake Up Girls!?
I haven't, but you should go check out the last few episodes of KareKano.

>Basically the anime industry growed by 17 billion Dollars
Stop being retarded and the original thing is mostly by chinks and netlfix.
Next season will have 8 moe shows.

>take away $1 billion at best
Wew, the anime industry is only worth $16 billion now, we're almost dead.

>Anime industry booming thanks to exports
>Anime companies will start creating anime to cater to superior western tastes instead of shitty japanese tastes

Does China do anything other than leech? They produce nothing of value while mooching off all things entertainment. Games, movies you name it.

Well, most of it is in part by China, which is more important than anything over here to Japan these days.

Makes me want to puke too, user.

>netlfix

Your Name is what made Netflix fund those originals.

>chinks
Your Name is the best selling anime movie in China.

you could say it found a way.

>Anime companies will start creating anime to cater to superior western tastes
I hope this is ironic because that is exactly what happened with LWA and it turned out to be very mediocre, compared to the OVA it had lost it's identity

Based Shinkai.

Shinkai needs to stop doing sci-fi. 5cm and Your Name are both great. All of his sci-fi works are mediocre at best.

>original

I can barely watch any anime nowadays.

Yes, that one

Because she has them by the balls. Kinda like me.

Anything to stop the endless tide of isekai and haremshit

2d>3d

Your Name is scifi you fucking moron.

>keit-ai saved anime
Based Sup Forums.

Uh no it isn't. Where's the sci?

Problem is it won't be the studios making all that extra money.

Problem is it won't be the studios making all that extra money.

>tfw went to see the movie in theaters three times, then bought the limited edition BD and a blu ray player to actually watch it
I did my part, basically dropped 120€ on this movie.

If they made more Sabagebu and less Little Sales School I'd be happier.

Miyazaki is so assblasted right now.

>if the sci-fi elements aren't discussed in detail it's not sci-fi
meme

>If any story has any fantastical elements at all it's sci-fi
Berserk is not sci-fi because it has demons in it you tard. Your Name is not sci-fi just because there's body switching. There's no science involved, it's just fantasy.

It's more of a problem that they won't actually put that money to good use by funding more unique projects. Instead, they'll just keep pumping out more of the same schlock the industry is filled with because hey, that's what makes money. Obviously they're well within their right to do so, but I feel like a ton of indie mangaka and animators are left in the dust and get no recognition, and there's really no way for them to get their names out there.

"to me, movies are an art
more than an industry"

youtube.com/watch?v=VGF5KrVMpq8

an element of scientific fiction has occurred
it is sci-fi

>This movie makes so much money
>Aniplex refuses to show Heaven's Feel in Canada
It's an abstract kind of assblast I'm feeling

>We
Speak for yourself you fucking retard.

Body swapping is not scientific. It's magic.

news to me

The industry has been growing for years, with or without "your name".

2017 is the year Sup Forums saved anime.

>There is no scientific interest in body swapping
Are you fucking stupid?
>All of Shinkai's movies besides 5cm and Your Name are bad/mediocre
Don't even respond, the answer is clear.

In other words it's why this is getting a 6th season.

indiewire.com/2017/05/animaniacs-reboot-steven-spielberg-amblin-1201817336/

Everyone at Telecom is getting sick of Lupin III anyway.

>Are you fucking stupid?
No, but someone who thinks randomly waking up in someone elses body is the purview of science and not fantasy clearly is. Listen, I'll spell it out for you. For something to be SCIENCE Fiction there must be a SCIENTIFIC element to the story. As in the story itself must somehow acknowledge the science involved in whats going on with the plot. Stories that don't do this but have fantastical elements are fantasy.

Your Name makes no effort to explain whats going on through a scientific lens whatsoever. It's just happening. It's magic. Thus it isn't sci-fi because there is no scientific element to the plot. Again, not every single story that has fantastic elements is sci-fi. Berserk is not sci-fi. Madoka is not sci-fi. Steins Gate IS sci-fi because they explain the time travelling phenomena through a scientific lens.

This is dumb that I have to go this far to explain it to you but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you're a dumb 14 year old who said something retarded and is too ashamed to back down and keeps digging a bigger hole.

Your Name is not sci-fi, period.

animaniacs is coming back?

I knew you were the sort of autist that demands explanation scenes. One shot of Mitsuba at a doctor's office is all that's between you and this wall of text, it's so fucking funny.

So far yes, Telecom has to do something besides Lupin III.

Keep digging

At least Spielberg is still in the team

>Anime industry isn't entirely composed of child rapists.

you will have hard time convincing normalfags of this

There are rumors that Spielberg rejected it because there are too many reboots but not much is known.

The Japanese must be having a good old laugh at all the western moralfags who were attacking them because of loli doujins

I can't believe how much people are overrating this movie, now they even say that this is saving the whole industry.

shit
Lets just hope its not as bad as nu-power puff girls or teen titans go

>Anime companies will start creating anime to cater to superior chinese tastes

fixed
if you really believe Japan is going to stick to the whims of unreliable and needy western consumer instead of investing into east asia distribution you're in for a rude awakening

you forgot to mention unironical half-mexican breeding

>thread is about Shinkai film
>h-haha guys let's bring in KyoAni for no fucking reason
>h-here I go

As long as China hates isekai and haremshit as much as I do we're all good

He's Brazilian

>thread is about anything but Kyoani
>haha let's bring Kyoani into this to wank about how its the superior studio
You faggots deserve it.

Not Western. Most of the profits from the exports are from China and SEA countries. While there are services like Crunchyroll and Funimation in the West, those don't really turn out profits like China/SEA. Because the real profits, from BDs, merchandise and event tickets and the such are mostly sold (and in demand) in those countries and not really in the West. So anime is pretty much safe from 'superior Western tastes' as you put it. It'll remain as it always has for the foreseeable future.

>I have to be just as cancerous as the other side
I'm glad you are so concerned about the quality of the board.

Shit, is that why there's so many Chinese doing cools poses in the Pacific Rim 2 trailer?

Please don't tell me Pacific Rim 2 is gonna be a chink fest.

>western

Well, I've got a bad new for you, user.

Thats why Telecom is doing it as they did the original series back in 1993.
Maybe if you start making things that westerners want it will sell much better.

Chinese's equivalent of isekai is xianxia, and its pretty much as bad as isekai + harem combined, and its prevalent as fuck

Although China did kick start a whole tomb raiding genre based on the popularity of its web novels, as 2 of the biggest series have been turned into tv series/films, and they are surprisingly fresh and enjoyable.

>rather a function of structural power in the anime industry
so someone is pocketing all that money then, but whatever is happening over there, it's messed up and it's starting to show in the product

sankakucomplex.com/2017/11/08/p-a-works-recruiting-come-earn-6-an-hour/

it's made specifically for them. don't waste time on that garbage

>Maybe if you start making things that westerners want it will sell much better.

ok lets think of what the west actually wants

>shitty 3d cartoons about screaming animals like minions or madagascar
>wholesome shows without incest and rapes and sexualization of women such as Game of Throne
>IM PICKLE RICK MORTY
>trashy live action shows like iCarly
>teen titans go
>edgy cartoons with crude disgusting shock-value humor

yeah sounds like something that could use anime adaptation alright

China is litterally saving anime.

it's been like that since ever though

chances are only desperate student will pick up their offer and do half assed job and the anime will look like shit

I bet Fate/GO takes 5 billions from that 17.
I is a game but it still falls under animu industry growing rate.

>western taste
about that..

Welcome your new anime overlords!
mag.chinesefilmarket.com/en/article/jy-animation-growing-up-with-chinese-animation/

Fate/GO is inferior to Granblue and other DMM and Cygames titles, and as whole Japanese mobile/web games industry is about 1/20th at best of Chinese, who litterally have round 51% GLOBAL revenue of mobile/web games. Tencent laugths evily.

No, it's...

>High quality 2D cartoons about wise cracking rabbits and crazy off the wall ducks.
>Wholesome shows without incest, rape and sexualization of women like with Freakazoid.
>WE HAVE BALONEY IN OUR SLACKS!
>Intelligent live action shows like The Muppet Show.
>Tiny Toon Adventures.
>Cartoons that are not edgy that depend on rich endearing humor.

Thats what the west wants.
No, that will be the US that will save Japan.

Sup Forumsfag still living in ninteties I see

No, it's just that thats what normies want.

They don't want their minds to rot, that is why Animaniacs is coming back.