Italy Sup Forums thread - Where we stand right now (with sources!)

Economy – slowly improving:
> GPD growth at 1.5% - not much, but better than past years.
> Unemployment in decline: 10.8 % (December 2017) . Too high, but in constant decline (-0.2% last month only)
> Salaries on the rise: 0.7% in 2017, up to 1% this year - slowly rising all across the board
> STEM salaries up 3.5% in 2017
> Public Debt is being repaid – November 2017 saw a reduction of 14,7 billions (from the previous month)
> Debt/GDP at 132% in 2016, down at 131,5% in 2017. Remember it was under 100% in 2007 – we can re-do it.

Immigration - migrants in sharp decline:
> 30% decline in number of illegal immigrants to Italy as of October 2017
> For the first time in almost 40 years, foreigners are DECLINING in number
> More than 60% of asylum requests are now denied - increase of almost 15% in 2 years

Military - great resurgence:
> Military budget increased once more (from 19 billions/2000, 25 billions/2018):
> 11th nation for military expenditure
> 390.000 Military Personnel (including the Carabinieri - in case of war they'd be incorporated in the army)
> 3rd aircraft carrier in construction (Cavour)
> Italy has problems with recruiting new people for the army...there are TOO MANY volunteers.

Family law - Feminist laws getting revoked one after the other:
> Abolished Alimony (January 2018)
> Fault divorce law confirmed and reinforced (December 2017 – January 2018)
> Father rights to their children reinforced
> Custody laws under heavy revision (February – March 2018)
> You won't lose your stuff in divorce - legal doctrine of Divisione dei Beni ("to each his/her own") is law
> Alimony is gone the way of the dodo - child support is under heavy revision as we speak

Government:
> Left and center-left have been BTFO in the last election – the left is dead for all purposes.
> Lega, /ourguys/ have seen huge growth in votes
> Euroscepticism on the rise in Italy with both the Lega and M5S being eurosceptic

Attached: Italia I.png (400x400, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dati_macroeconomici_italiani
ilsole24ore.com/art/notizie/2018-03-01/istat-2017-pil-cresce-all-15percento-2017-top-2010-scendono-pressione-fiscale-e-deficitpil-110345.shtml?uuid=AEvtkE9D
infodata.ilsole24ore.com/2017/12/31/andato-2017-pil-debito-deficit-confronto-internazionale/
istat.it/it/archivio/210086
willistowerswatson.com/it-IT/press/2017/07/Nel-2017-l-aumento-delle-retribuzioni-reali-in-Italia
istat.it/it/archivio/208633
linkiesta.it/it/article/2017/03/01/sorpresa-aumentano-gli-stipendi-e-a-festeggiare-sono-operai-e-impiegat/33402/
analisidifesa.it/2017/10/migranti-illegali-in-calo-questanno-del-25/
corriere.it/cronache/17_novembre_25/sempre-piu-immigrati-ora-lasciano-l-italia-primo-calo-stranieri-istat-2418a5a0-d159-11e7-a924-c9d9ad888b7b.shtml
redattoresociale.it/Notiziario/Articolo/547119/Rifugiati-in-calo-le-richieste-d-asilo-Il-60-per-cento-ottiene-un-diniego
euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/italy-applauds-libyas-decision-to-keep-ngo-ships-far-away-from-its-coasts/
euractiv.com/section/justice-home-affairs/news/italy-inks-deal-with-libya-neighbours-to-stem-migrant-flow/
adnkronos.com/aki-en/security/2017/08/11/ngo-signs-italy-rules-for-mediterranean-migrant-rescues_wYyjE0ozuaQSi5bJZStCrL.html
zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-02/european-migrant-crisis-escalates-italy-impounds-german-ngo-refugee-ship
diritto24.ilsole24ore.com/art/guidaAlDiritto/dirittoCivile/2018-02-06/non-va-riconosciuto-asilo-all-immigrato-che-racconta-abusi-subiti-viaggio-183337.php
ilgiornale.it/news/mondo/aumenta-spesa-militare-italiana-25-miliardi-euro-nel-2018-1489747.html
globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=italy
analisidifesa.it/2017/07/al-via-la-costruzione-della-nuova-lhd-della-marina-militare/
cortedicassazione.it/corte-di-cassazione/
lastampa.it/2017/06/22/italia/i-tuoi-diritti/famiglia-e-successioni/cassazione-la-sentenza-grilli-venga-applicata-dufficio-a-tutti-i-casi-di-divorzio-8uvT7JWRhv3ILxAKt3AMnK/pagina.html
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separazione_dei_beni
britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/italian-marriage-law-633099/
italy.forumotion.com/t160-separazione-dei-beni
studiocataldi.it/guide_legali/affidamento_dei_figli/affidamento-condiviso.asp
kmlegalnet.com/child-custody-in-italy-and-the-law/
youtube.com/watch?v=_sh6MDFJdNU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVne8jk-Fuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sources:
Economy:
Gdp, Debt and Unemployment:
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dati_macroeconomici_italiani
ilsole24ore.com/art/notizie/2018-03-01/istat-2017-pil-cresce-all-15percento-2017-top-2010-scendono-pressione-fiscale-e-deficitpil-110345.shtml?uuid=AEvtkE9D
infodata.ilsole24ore.com/2017/12/31/andato-2017-pil-debito-deficit-confronto-internazionale/
istat.it/it/archivio/210086
Salaries:
willistowerswatson.com/it-IT/press/2017/07/Nel-2017-l-aumento-delle-retribuzioni-reali-in-Italia
istat.it/it/archivio/208633
linkiesta.it/it/article/2017/03/01/sorpresa-aumentano-gli-stipendi-e-a-festeggiare-sono-operai-e-impiegat/33402/

Immigration:
analisidifesa.it/2017/10/migranti-illegali-in-calo-questanno-del-25/
corriere.it/cronache/17_novembre_25/sempre-piu-immigrati-ora-lasciano-l-italia-primo-calo-stranieri-istat-2418a5a0-d159-11e7-a924-c9d9ad888b7b.shtml
redattoresociale.it/Notiziario/Articolo/547119/Rifugiati-in-calo-le-richieste-d-asilo-Il-60-per-cento-ottiene-un-diniego
euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/italy-applauds-libyas-decision-to-keep-ngo-ships-far-away-from-its-coasts/
euractiv.com/section/justice-home-affairs/news/italy-inks-deal-with-libya-neighbours-to-stem-migrant-flow/
adnkronos.com/aki-en/security/2017/08/11/ngo-signs-italy-rules-for-mediterranean-migrant-rescues_wYyjE0ozuaQSi5bJZStCrL.html
zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-02/european-migrant-crisis-escalates-italy-impounds-german-ngo-refugee-ship
diritto24.ilsole24ore.com/art/guidaAlDiritto/dirittoCivile/2018-02-06/non-va-riconosciuto-asilo-all-immigrato-che-racconta-abusi-subiti-viaggio-183337.php

Military:
ilgiornale.it/news/mondo/aumenta-spesa-militare-italiana-25-miliardi-euro-nel-2018-1489747.html
globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=italy
analisidifesa.it/2017/07/al-via-la-costruzione-della-nuova-lhd-della-marina-militare/

Alimony:
Website of the Supreme Court - cortedicassazione.it/corte-di-cassazione/
See "Sentenza Grilli -11504", reinforcing "Sentenza 4793" from Corte d'Appello di Milano
They tried to sneakily re-introduce alimony and got BTFO: "Sentenza Cassazione 15481"
lastampa.it/2017/06/22/italia/i-tuoi-diritti/famiglia-e-successioni/cassazione-la-sentenza-grilli-venga-applicata-dufficio-a-tutti-i-casi-di-divorzio-8uvT7JWRhv3ILxAKt3AMnK/pagina.html
Separazione dei Beni: it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separazione_dei_beni
Quick explanations for foreigners: britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/italian-marriage-law-633099/ and italy.forumotion.com/t160-separazione-dei-beni
Essence? You keep your stuff (that you got before getting married, or earned during said marriage), she keeps hers.
Father right to their children:
Shared custody - studiocataldi.it/guide_legali/affidamento_dei_figli/affidamento-condiviso.asp and kmlegalnet.com/child-custody-in-italy-and-the-law/
Synthesis: Do not be a drunkard and you WILL get to see your kids, with a good chance of getting sole custody.
NOTE: This is being discussed in these last weeks in the Supreme Court. Await news – be hopeful!

Anyone with more sources - simply post them people, and I'll add them to my file for the future threads.

Attached: New Rome.jpg (630x630, 56K)

Based pastaniggers.
Italy+Poland+Hungary=Destroy Islam

While we got a TON of work to do, this thread can at least give some hope..Jesus christ, /pol is overrun by shills and slide threads today.

Excellent job OP.

Attached: 1517735326373.jpg (746x539, 103K)

I noticed it too, and I don't think it's just this site either.
I was listening to some music on Jewtube today and this video came back up youtube.com/watch?v=_sh6MDFJdNU
Look at the comments. Apparently everyone was being recommended this video, maybe some google anti-russian propoganda? I may also just be looking to far into it, but I don't believe in coincidences anymore.

Makes you think eh?

On the other hand, wish us good luck man - we're gonna need it to olve our absurd problems..we got 10% of the population foreign-born jesus christ.

Thank man.

On a side note - you KNOW you can come to Italy to get divorced using our laws, and get the sentence recognized in USA, right?

I've noticed that the shilling really picked up just after the Italian elections. Christ its like wading through a hasbara convention without so much as a can of Zyklon B.

How do a man convince his roastie bride to get divorced in Italy ?

Bump. Don't forget to prune your last thread. Duplicates will be shot on sight.

Attached: 1521037615779m.jpg (1024x612, 81K)

In synthesis?

> Make yourself a visa for up to a year without telling her (work visa is a good one for this purpose) - you NEED to be a legal resident through all the divorce process.
> Move to Italy with her temporarily; say something along the lines of wanting to visit the romantic nation of Italy to "rekindle the passion"
> Get a divorce lawyer specialized in International divorces - you'll need one to get the sentence recognized in USA
> Start the divorce process.

Boungiorno miei fratelli L'Italiani.

Learning Italian currently. Seeing huge gains in regards to reading/listening but severely lacking in writing and speaking.

Io posso parlare di Italiano fa questo anni fine. No bully lads

Attached: 1503872678693.jpg (718x900, 107K)

I'm not married but good to know.When I do get married It will be with a Southern European girl to preserve my Romanesque pasta-American good looks.

> By international comity and treaties among eu states (if you are in EU), Italian sentences get recognized without any problem in other EU states and with little-to-no difficulty in the USA.

>You do NOT need her to divorce here - you need her only at the beginning of the process.
>She refuses to divorce you? No problem - you "procedi d'ufficio", aka proceed without her.
>She can get the fuck out of dodge now - so long as you remain a legal resident of Italy during the process, she can go fuck herself.

What can she do to fuck you up while you divorce her?

>The process lasts MAX a year. Not much she can do meanwhile if you act within the confines of the Italian law.
>But what if she sues me/whatever in 'murrica? Well..tough shit - for HER. Simply contact your lawyer over there (REMAIN IN ITALY!) and send notification of the divorce process you are going through over here - he will simply bring it to the Court notice.

>Result? She can get fucked once you are done.

Why?

>By international comity and Italo-American agreements, we recognize each other's family law. She can sue you to try and get alimony once you move back to America tho. If she tries, simply ask notification to the Italian Tribunal of your divorced status and send all the documents to the American Court.

Have fun!

Hey amico! Come mai stai imparando l'italiano?

where are you learning Italian because what you just said doesn't make sense.

Thanks Salvatore I'll keep it in mind if ever my marriage goes down the shitter

Ma siamo 44% non bianco...

The sentence you wrote could be literally translated as: " I can speak of Italian does this years end".
If you tell me what you were trying to say I can help you

i was talking about

You really need to tackle the race issue before it's too late. We must do that too, but we have a LOT less foreigners over here..

That's cool because Italy is 100% non bianco.

Italia è 100% terrone!

Did you read the Op? Enjoy getting divorce-raped, mutt. While your nation gets browned, we are kicking them out.

Your country is full of Indians and Africans mate. Can't walk the street with out those fuckers trying to put a rose in your hand and make you buy it.

Attached: magnmagn.jpg (704x960, 91K)

Mate I married an Italian woman. I wouldn't even have to pay for child support. Try again Ciro

He's just some buttmad Jew who learned Terrone was a word last week in Italy/pol/.

10% of the population, which I agree is too much. But come on dude, you got..what, 40% non-white population, with 13% being black, and almost 30 mil illegals?

Solve your own issues before criticizing us. Enjoy getting browned and beaned, like I said before.

Attached: laabominacion.png (627x600, 112K)

Well I have lived in both and I can say your definition of white and civil people would severely differ from ones of the U.S.

Your country is full of Zingari and Bulgarians.

Non abboccate all'esca di codesto rifiuto umano che ancora ha il coraggio di scrivere. Rachitico termina le tue sofferenze nel modo in cui più ti conviene.

Ok man, you are right. Done, happy?

Now, to talk about serious things..How is the situation over there, ?

Attached: dna1.png (2521x1115, 348K)

The situation in America? Pretty fucking grim despite electing Trump. The Jew-run American court system fights every effort to enforce immigration law tooth and nail and the shitskins are here and breeding in unacceptable numbers.

Attached: lol.png (2284x1156, 209K)

Considering my wife is from Campania I would say I have a very in depth knowledge of the terrone of Italia.

Attached: sfogliatelle.jpg (664x397, 304K)

Attached: laatrocidad.gif (640x443, 3.88M)

Wtf i love Italy now

I'm very sorry for you ameribro - it seems we got the opposite problem: you got a president with balls but a leftist judiciary, we got politicians that are useless but a based judiciary.

Naming your left hand Gina doesn't make it Neapolitan friendo. But I will take your word on the DNA thing, half of all Scandicucks are insufferable cunts.

Think whatever you want.

Attached: 105.jpg (960x717, 45K)

Still got much to do tho.

Apropos of nothing, I remember in Heavy Metal magazine the chapter where Ranxerox crushes the hand of a flower girl pestering him to buy a flower. The magazine got a ton of hate mail over it. The funny part as an interview with the cartoonist, Liberatore; he drew that scene because he lives in Rome and was sick and tired of being ganged up on by these same flower girls.
He didn't think it was such a big deal, story-wise.

Attached: tumblr_mqhfexr1ah1qbg6fto2_250.png (195x290, 133K)

>Come mai stai imparando l'italiano?
I suppose because of Italian diaspora. It feels odd not being able to speak your blood-tongue. It would help with snatching up an Italian qt too.
Duolingo (I know), listening to radio, watching the news and trying to read some articles. almost 40 days in and I'm a brainlet so it will take a substantial amount of more work to get better.
appreciate it, "I will be able to speak Italian before the year ends." whoops

Attached: 1504837738689.jpg (1536x1908, 403K)

Eh - we welcome all the descendants of Italians to come bakc home!..so long as they are not mutts/nogs, that's it.

"(Io) Riuscirò a parlare italiano prima che l'anno finisca."
Here you go

The biggest problem in the United States is the fact that all the kikes jumped ship from the British Empire tot he United States in the 20th century. Our judiciary is absolutely riddled with the vermin, as is the media, finance, and the education system. Getting the kikes to release their hold on any of the above is going to be difficult to say the least.

However in Italy there are far less kikes in these institutions so gaining control of them will be far easier for you. As you've pointed out you've already got the judiciary down.

I myself need to keep learning. I don't even speak well enough to have a conversation with my family over there let alone my wife. Duolingo is okay but I would try others as well like Babbel. If you have someone to speak with you will find nothing better. If you feel comfortable enough I would try interpals.

Attached: DSC01429.jpg (3303x2477, 2.1M)

As your economy increases so will the gibs me dat invasion as there is a positive correlation. This is not good
news user

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVne8jk-Fuo

Porca putana hai ragione

I really doubt that, for two reasons:
> Majority of funds we are currently using for rapefugees come from EU, aka Germoney (thanks crucchi!), but you are right - we are paying for their gib me dat.

>Salvini hates migrants at a personal level in MHO - the proposals for the next "Manovra Finanziaria" (our budget) cuts the incentives proposed by the leftard in the previous one...incentives for companies to hire refugees.

Cut welfare (in practice), lower taxes in general (in the political program of both Lega and Forza Italia), keep lowering the number of rapefugees we take in and keep pushing them out. If we do this, we won't see more nogs over here.

And as always, fuck the EU, fuck the kikes and the UN for pushing their anti-white and anti-nativist agenda.

>shitalians deporting their brothers

but why though?

Attached: UVbTUgD.jpg (400x386, 24K)

Thanks for the kind words amico. Thankfully I'm neither a mutt or a nog. How is the Catholic community represented in Italy?
Holy shit, i butchered that. What function does che have here? First time seeing the futuro tense. Molto grazie
Having someone fluent that close to you must be extremely handy. I'll look into Babbel, since I'm not sure if Duolingo is very good in regards to grammar. The forums have proven to be helpful although. I'm thinking of using interpals once i have a better grasp on the language. Always been suspect of the people on there though. For some reason I imagine most to be weird, but that's a completely baseless thought.
I gotta find some movies dubbed in Italian to watch. Such a beautiful language.

Attached: 1498768792223.jpg (1200x800, 168K)

hey commie kike

I kinda want to learn italian. you guys have a lot of good and honest scientists and theologians you would never find in the anglosphere or quaint little countries like DK.

Catholic community is divided between thosa that love the new kike pope and the ones that think of him as an heretic to be burned at the stake.

Does the side against the current papa have any power? Also, do the youth attend service?

pro-tip to anglos. People write beginner books with audio-cds to learn languages. You just need to write "learn+[language]" on Amazon

The next pope will probably be a conservative one by virtue of the current one being too lefty - backlash.

The youth...count 50% of the catholics are christians only in name, but we are not at the levels of Germany/France, where nobody is a "true" believer, thank God.

youth are usually pozzed by american media but most still have a romanticized idea of it and none of the gay tumblr stuff. There is a general polarization towards extremism in the political spectrum. Nobody likes "moderates".

Synthesis of the OP and the thread:
>Italy is getting better over time
>Nationalism is getting more and more popular
>The youth is the driving force behind nationalism
>Foreigners are in decline in number
>Feminazis BTFO time and time again
>The left is pratically dead, politically speaking

So..10/10 would be born here again. More realistically, 7/10 so far. Let's solve our problems and then we can be a 9/10 nation.

the economy is absolute shit, it will take decades to fix what PD and the EU have done

Italy Sup Forums Discord meetings will be held here: sCqFP2

This is all stuff from before the elections (aka Renzi's term).
The new government hasn't done anything yet.

Yet, we are improving year by year. We are in a fucking pit, let's face it...BUT, we are moving upward at least.

y the f*mas tho?

Still, isn't it curious how as soon as immigration goes down, the GPD goes up? facts speak for themselves, immigration kills nations.
Let's just hope that CIA doesn't come up with another war next year, if it weren't for the Syrian war there would be no immigration issue, or at least it would be much lower, like a tenfold lower.

I'm that crazy fuck from the last thread who wants to move to Italy and become a politician via grape monopoly and nepotism. What's a good way to start learning Italian that won't take away my shekels.

Dump your plan man..or go ahead and keep me up to date with what you up to - I could use a gooc laugh if you succeed.

Easy way? Pick a book at the library, a free coure on jewtube or simply start talking with an italian.

I'll keep you posted about it. If you see some pale guy with long hair running for office or of some friendly local grape farmer just know it's me.

Also thanks, I guess I'll try and get gramps to teach me.

Seriously dude - it is a good moment to move over to Italy, IF the trend keeps on.

Economy is recovering, we are sorting ourselves out...if it keeps up, we might just get our shit together for real.

>next pope
Francesco, I....

Burger here. So who the hell won? Salvini or Di Maio? It looks like Salvina got the most votes, but it seems there isn't a winner. When will there be a clear victor?

Both.

Lega won as member of the largest Coalition - being the bigger member of said coalition. Maio won due to his party being the single largest party.

They are planning to ally temporarily just to pass a "normal" electoral law, to go back to the ballot once said law is passed.

Aka if everything goes as planned, expect new elections soon.

PS: join the discord (sCqFP2)

>So long as they are not mutts
Feelsbadman.jpg.
I am only half, my father went for asian.

You got to go back.

But seriously..any non-white that wants to help us, can expect help in return as soon as we sort our countries out (at least IMO).

I'm definitely planning on moving there as soon as I can. But hey if things aren't fixed by the time I arrive I'll fix it once I'm PM. One reason I want to move to Italy is that it's not as much of a bloated corpse of a country and isn't a complete lost cause like America. I'd stay here if I really thought I could fix things myself but I can see that the this place is going the way of Brazil. I don't like the idea of sitting around and hoping things get better. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

That's fucking amazing. Men always get the shit end of the divorce stick in America. Btw, we have two families from Pisa in our small town and both of them are based as fuck. I'm good friends with one of them and I've got their 19yo daughter calling Jews "Rats" unironically. Love you guys! And here's to the fall of the EU!

You are free to try, but you'll find out that many Italians would never vote for a foreigner, which you are in our eyes (born and grow in USA).

If you wanna get divorced using our laws, please do yourself a favor and see an italian lawyer.

For the rest, thanks!

I send my good thoughts to you in Italy, it makes me glad to see Italy is on the path to becoming great again.

Thank mate - we can hope.

migrants are in decline cause they are pouring into germany

Good for us. Fuck Germany - they are the root cause of the migrant cause.

If Herr Merkel didn't open Europe doors to the rapefugees, we wouldn't be in this shitty situation.

In the end it was a good thing. Merkel and the other (((EU))) grossly overplayed their hand in regards to the refugees. Overestimated their propaganda and made the foolish decision to open the floodgates. The sudden, massive and unending flood that was unleashed just made people wake up really fucking hard. It's what woke me up. If they were smart they would have done it how they did in America, slowly widdling away bit buy bit, browning the country over time. But the EU's rapefugee blitzkreig backfired horribly and will be their undoing. People weren't as big of sheep as they thought, and now the numbers of refugees will be too low to do anything meaningful before people wake up and kick them all out.

One can hope the sheeple wake up, but only time will see.

I wonder. back in ancient times caesar was like a god or something, at least after the fall of the republic. then in the dark ages it fractured into a bunch of city states each with their own dukes and shit. but apart from being the worst axis member and the home of fascism how does modern italy define itself? you don't have a king right? does the pope fill that role sort of?

it's just hard to imagine a real national identity compared to western and northern europe where we have these royal lineages that go back to before recorded history and directly into mythological figures and countrysides littered with remnant stone age structures. especially denmark which has never been fractured or occupied ever in history except for a few years of ww2. and comparing that to the god damn mess that is the italian wars or >HRE or whatever.

Attached: kings.png (275x895, 63K)

You guys are pretty fucking based for uncucking yourselves like this, although you weren't all that cucked to begin with compared to the UK. Either way, great job and I'm cheering for you!

There will be a king

Pastanigger is ok. Destroy the Muslims and you might win your country back.

This.

I'm half Italian, half Anglo, can I come?

Honestly, I feel like one or two western countries should fall to a caliphate in order for the rest of them to rebel. Germany, Sweden, and Canada are all good candidates. The absolute trinity of Western suicide. Fuck all of them. Sweden is the worst imo, but I wouldn't mind anexxing our neighbors to the North after they fall.

Attached: el9pcnrhk1f01.jpg (1085x1702, 599K)

We define ourselves on 3 levels:
> Local/Regional - You have to understand that Italian was (historically) the 2nd language of the vast majority of Italians. In MANY areas the local dialect are still alive and well and they are the first language of the population (Italian dialects are not variants of Italian)

Regional/National - We refer to the common inheritance of the Renaissance in 1st place and then the 19th/20th century when we talk about common culture. Either that or the 2nd half of the 20th century.

National/European - We see ourselves as the founder of Western civilization on one hand (majority of Italians), and then depending on the political inclination, either as being isolationist and anti-eu, or pro-eu and status quo.

"Anglo", or Anglo? If the first - you gotta go back. If the 2nd..you still gotta go back.

I hope it's Canada first. I really don't care if that country goes to shit. It's not like they have the rich history that Italy has. Germany should also go because them being destabilized would make it easy for Italy to go northward and take conquer the area, thus giving italy a huge foothold in Mainland Europe.

IF anything will happen in the future (like a collapse of Germany/Sweden), you'll see an isolationist, inward-looking Italy, not a nation on the war-foot.

We have a very divided population atm, but neither side wants expansion etc - one half is anti-EU, pro isolationism, while the other is pro-eu, but also pro-municipalism aka being in the EU "on our terms", like the UK was.

If the EU collapsed tomorrow, you'd see Italy close upon itself and shutting down its borders in 90% of scenarios, IMHO.

okay so basically still a city state mentality. I wonder if this is something that even was present in roman times among the different provinces, and this is the reason it split itself back up once the central power was gone.