Why is the opening for Evangelion so nostalgic is it like this for all old anime shows...

Why is the opening for Evangelion so nostalgic is it like this for all old anime shows? Shit makes wanna cry and I never seen the show. Anybody feel the same?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t-QSmNReDyI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZADO7M7l5TQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmjOFder5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY
youtube.com/watch?v=L8S-s7Tyt8A
youtube.com/watch?v=mDoaGAnw2tw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forgote link

youtu.be/t-QSmNReDyI

Go watch the show, faggot.

Already watch the first episode enjoyed it quite a bit

get ready to die

It's made to affect your unconscious.

Only fags watch that shit

Why?im scared

You should be.

Because its too good, you will die of happiness

To me it feels like a Windows 95 screensaver or something like that with music from a mid 90s company lobby. I like it, but it doesn't make me nostalgic, and this comes from a guy who saw this in the 90s.
If anything, this is a nostalgic opening: youtube.com/watch?v=ZADO7M7l5TQ

Finished the second episode in what's felt like 5 minutes I'm really enjoying myself to much

Official beverage for Evangelion binge-watching.

Thats the exact reason i listen to vaporwave so much

>Listening to vaporwave
how school?

How does enjoying quality V A P O R W A V E make me an underage?

Sit down, pay attention to the characters and their action, hopefully you wont get grossly confused by the end of it

>falling into utter shit
Please do not watch this crap meme of an anime.

Asuka, come on.

Asuka would be oddly proud of people watching her anime, even if she get the short straw throughout it

I dunno, a life of constant pain is worth it if you get to earn your own beach in the end, and everything that comes with it.

Yeah I will

But does the beach belong to her or to shinji now?

They got to fight for it. Figure out who gets to do who each day, so it never gets boring.

Be sure to skip the 25 and 26th episode and just watch Death of evangelion in place.

Don't pay attention to this bait.

Please, dont fall for meme recommendations like .
Death is a fucking 1 hour long recap of the series.

Watch episode 1 through 26, then watch the movie "End of Evangelion".
Also be sure to watch the directors cut of 21 to 24 (named 21' to 24'), for better drawn scenes and a handful of extra scenes

Just finished episode 5! Thanks for help

Dont make OP waste his time like so many opthers

when you finish End of Evangelion, please don't come back and make a thread about how you didn't understand it at all.

Of course I will make sure to pay attention

no I don't have autism

If he got through episode 4 without complaining about pace and boredom I'm pretty sure OP is more than fine ignoring your viewing order advice and watching it properly

Two men fighting over me? *blushes*

Well neither of those posts is mine so it could be three. Just putting that on the table.

What are you riding his baloney pony?

Three! Wow I never felt so wanted before

She's getting herself impaled. Turns her on since the war.

I watched like 6 minutes of Episode one and turned it off.

Is this show better subbed or dubbed?

ANTA BAKA?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmjOFder5Y

Jap shinji sounded like an 8 year old girl

Why is NGE so lewd?

Because it's one of if not the most iconic anime music of all time.

So should I watch dub or sub? Does the dub stay loyal to the original version and does it capturenthe personalities?

>watching dubs
>ever

>implying it's not always the same person giving you all the attention in the world
except that time I choked someone by accident

Why is she so always on?

Sub is better overall, although I prefer dub's Asuka, since it doesn't butcher german as bad. Also pic related is absolutely stellar in english dub.
>tfw you'll never voice your own waifu

If you're enjoying it now get ready for your dick to explode in the last third.

forgot pic of course

I bet you sound just like her.

Asuka is literally the worst dub.

Actually you have to open a thread saying "wtf I just watched?", it's mandatory.

You wish.
I bet you a lot more people know Cha La Head Cha La.

Why?
A lot of people hated the second half. There's no reason to assume that user will like it.

I read that as Char head Lalah unironically.

>A lot of people hated the second half.
Yeah, total fucking plebs who don't really like what EVA is about in the first place.

The only part of EVA that was good was when the big robots started hitting eachother

Not really. Evangelion has many flaws and it's ok not to like it. What's wrong it's to say it's shit, because it ain't. It's a great anime; nothing more, nothing less. Get over yourself.
Also, even if what you said were true, how the fuck would you know if that user is a "pleb" or not?

That would be even more iconic. Best opening ever. Someone has to do it.

>hating Tiffany Grant
Even if you don't like her voice, you can't say she's not dedicated to her role.
youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY

Who said it's shit?
>how the fuck would you know if that user is a "pleb" or not?
I don't. I'm just trying to give him encouragement, so get off my back faggot.

Her being dedicated to it doesn't make it better. The more you try when you just don't get it the worst it is.

Sounds good. The ED can be like a nasty footjob or something.

A lot of people said it. I was talking about those who didn't like it, you center of the Universe.

>I don't. I'm just trying to give him encouragement
Fair enoguh.

There was a Chilean guy who said "yeah, I'll totally rock a DBZ soundtrack, I'll make some bucks and the Japs won't even notice".
So he made covers of openings and endings with a shitty keyboard, just by listening to it, and instead of cha-la-head-cha-la he sung "sha la el sha la".
The sad thing is that he probably did make a few good bucks, because you know how it is when you are a kid, a CD with Goku is hanging around there and you tell your mom "MOMMY! MUST HAVE! NAO!".

Makes me jealous I'll never obsess over my famous dub character.

Be sure to pay a lot of attention to what you're watching, user.
EVA is quite a masterpiece and it's unironically a deep show: it takes a while to really understand everything it talks about, and to make sure you got the plot right.

Make sure you're watching the director's cut, and make sure you watch episodes 1-24 and then go straight to End of Evangelion. After that, you can watch episodes 25 and 26, and then the Rebuilds.

Have fun, user. You'll have a lot to think about and a lot to read once you finish watching everything.

You don't even know what's the true suffering.

Sometimes, when you're fake and you do your best, it simply works. Because you know when you're a fake, a cup with blood occasionally dripping out of it is something you must have, nao.

Obsessing for endless hours is nothing special, I can tell you that.

He had a gold voice

Well much of the incidental music in nge is supposed to emulate 70s nip tv melodrama music so that might explain the intense feeling of nostalgia. I feel the ost to karekano tried this too and I loved it.

>inb4 it's a deconstruction

The Choke Movie 2049 kind of did the same thing. Breaking and changing the mood using Sinatra, for the same uncanny effect.

Mmh, f-fear.

Its not a deconstruction and this term is usually thrown by people who have no idea what it means, heard on tv tropes and keep spewing bullshit.
But I won't bother to write an essay to explain why it isnt a deconstruction

Yeah I know.
I'm just parroting what most think it supposedly is.

I came.

Don't forget to watch Rebuild of Evangelion, Kaworu was truly born to meet Shinji.

That reverse ZR is p good.

Being a creepy lying weirdo about your character doesn't make your dub of her not bad. It makes it worse.

Post nostalgic OPs

youtube.com/watch?v=L8S-s7Tyt8A

What sort of creepy are we talking about? I'm going to need a detail or two before I go to sleep. A useless detail, even.

>watch Rebuild of Evangelion
pucking_anime_girl.jpg.exe

Asuka is for cuddles

Where can i get the original? I want to watch it but i don't want a re-visioned/censored version or some shit like that.

The best thing available are one of the big torrents on nyaa, either the sephirotic or that one with 100gbs
I think both have the director cut with a couple extra scenes and redrawns of low budget scenes in the later chapters, and i think they are all considered canon, so you should get it.

No censorship, tho. Underage boobies for everyone.

Why the animation looks so different in each episode?

It had a couple different art directors throughout, like most animes.
The budget was also used in weird ways, some episodes with a lot of animations and others with multiple stills.

Finally im quite sure they made some of the changes on purpose to accentuate the themes of a few episodes.
The funnier light hearted episodes have more cartoony lines, with squash and stretch frames, while more serious and dark episodes have more defined and fine lines. Parts supposed to draw attention, such as asuka's swimsuit, have more saturated colors, etc.

Here is one of the most extreme examples, in a humorous scene from episode 9.
You dont see much of it later on.

Clearly an homage to the snake scene from Gundam 0079

youtube.com/watch?v=mDoaGAnw2tw Well, it truly carries a lot of 90s nostalgia after all, it's like it's all starting over again.

I love this art so much.

Hey OP, heres a very important fact about the series:
Asuka is best girl

She's old now