Rebuild of Eva

What's the point of Mari? Why did Anno make the rebuild movies?

To give Asuka a girlfriend!

There is no point. She's pure fanservice for her boobs and glasses.

>What's the point of Mari?
Waifu appeal.

>Why did Anno make the rebuild movies?
Money and status.

she will be the real catalyst for 5th impact, and is also shinji's mother, reborn over and over again

Rebuild is really confusing. Why make an almost 1:1 streamlined remake but then make it go a completely different route yet they don't explain how it got to that point?

>pic related

How can she be shinji's mother when Rei is in the movies? Assuming she's still a clone of Yui

>mari steal the MC's girl
but Asuka was never his girl...

It's HEAVILY implied that they had feelings for each other, although they did a poor job at expressing third feelings to each other. This is reflected in Shinji threatening to kill everyone after the incident with the dummy plug.

>What's the point of Mari?
Sadamoto actually asked about that. His answer is that there is litterally no plan to include her in the final film, because the retarded timeskip in 3.0 meant there is no more time remaining to spare for Mari to get any development. They are struggling to come up with an ending for 4.0 as it is.

Tiddies!

Another thing I would like to add; Personally I would've liked if they aged Asuka and Mari but keep Shinji 14.

Shinji tried to destroy NERV HQ because he didn't like having to kill a friend, he has a hatred of killing other humans. He did the same thing during the time line when Touji was the test pilot

Of course, Shikinami has a crush on Shinji, but I'm certain this version of Shinji is completely gay.

After creating broken husks of humans to show how fucked up psychologically waifubait characters would be, Mari is the metafuck to show how shallow and useless the fans affections are for their supposed waifus.

money
money

You'd think Anno would realize at this point his anti-weebing doesn't work.

it works just fine. you can't stop weebs, but you can still make fun of them.

Each iteration of the universe warps in subtle ways, infinite return not being fatalistic but one of infinite permutation. At this point, Rei is not entirely Shinji's mother but merely her vagina, while Mari inhabits the rest.

Don't worry, the movie will get better when they run out of ink money.

to make anons mad

Anno's thirst for merch money is only surpassed by George Lucas.

that's bullshit but I believe it.

>george lucas
>user doent know that disney makes all the money
>user doesnt know about the next star wars trilogy
Lucas stoped caring about star wars long ago user

my glasses waifu

She's gay for Shinji's mom according to Sadamoto's EVA adaptation.

Yuri fanservice. The Rebuilds are literally just there to get Anno money.

Mari is unironically best girl.

Mari wants Shinji to impregnate Asuka.