I'm starting this anime today, thoughts? Did you enjoy it?

I'm starting this anime today, thoughts? Did you enjoy it?

It's bad. It's so bad that I'd wish that I were you and never look at this series ever again. The MC is unlikable, the setting is generic, and the abilities are straight out of Marvel/DC. Think of it like this, it's basically One Punch Man, but trying to take itself seriously, which results into a very generic series that doesn't step outside of its comfort zone.

But the sexy girls tho

So it's like One Punch Man?? Awesome!!

It's standard shounen. Not great, but not bad. If you got some time to kill, read/watch a couple episodes and see if you like it.
You really shouldn't ask for opinions before watching a show, especially on Sup Forums. It'll ruin your expectations. Although you probably just wanted to make a BnHA thread, and were making up an excuse.

It's goodd, and I enjoyed it thouroughly. It's basically old western comic pulp, so some people hate it, some people love it. It really depends on how much you're willing to relax and just watch it, instead of hyper analyzing it.

It's not super deep, nor is it particularly new or form-breaking (outside of being more based in western tropes than eastern), but it's quite enjoyable if you really miss having an unambiguously Lawful Good hero, a super-villain worthy of the title, and can't stand the MC being braindead like Goku or some of the other shounen series that get poplar.

The powersets are interesting and the characters are reasonably clever too. There's still asspulls, but they're not every episode.

This. Sup Forums has the some pretty fucking terrible taste sometimes.

I watched Monogatari, and wanted to rip my eyes out. I'll never use Sup Forums as a recommendation machine again.

>I watched Monogatari, and wanted to rip my eyes out.
Yeah, that's to be expected when you like BnHA since Monogatari is dialogue-heavy and was made for intellectuals while BnHA is action-heavy and was made for people with ADHD.

Calling no Hero Academia a shounen is an insult to the genre. It's shit. It's barely at the level of LN isekai crap like Shield Hero

Actually, it was mostly the animation. I really didn't like it jumping around like Naruto drowning in crack-water.

The dialogue was fine, if a bit vague. Monogatari was just ugly.

I mean it's one of the most popular shonen out there so I guess no one enjoyed it. You and your fucking dumb as bricks questions

I ain't gonna lie. I'm mostly interested because of frog girl and the giantess. Is it worth the time?

nice, i have a wall poster of that

>made for intellectuals
hahahahaha

I mean I'd say the series is worth watching but neither of those characters get much screentime

S1 is kind of a hard pill to swallow but it picks up in S2 and becomes more interesting

If you like the marvel movies and One Piece you'll like this.

I'll give it a watch anyway. Thanks

It's fun and has cute girls. Although the first few episodes were meh

Why One Piece?

i like it. i dont think it would be as good if you had to wait weekly through the first arc, too many cliffhangers. i waited till the first season was over and watched it through like a movie and it was pretty great. theres not much i can say that makes it special, but its weekly shounen anime, if its even just alright you will eat it up im sure

>Think of it like this, it's basically One Punch Man, but trying to take itself seriously
So One Punch Man? Why do OPMfags try to bring other shonen down to their shitty level?

>Why do OPMfags try to bring other shonen down to their shitty level?
No, you got confused, bnhafags do that.

>lmao im so bored, what in the world should i do
>oh shit villains lol
>how will he be defeated you ask?
>wan panch lmao
That's some fun series you got there. Daily reminder that One Punch Man is nothing without Murata and Madhouse. It would literally make 10000x less money if ONE's version was the only version around.

First season is a little slow and admittedly we're just now getting to the really crazy stuff with the third season but it's a fun journey. All Might might be one of my fav characters in recent memory. Also if you want to get shitfaced while watching it the dub ranges from passable to great so you won't want to rip off your ears. For the most part.

Imagine being this much of a faggot. Think I'd kill myself.

Probably bait but it's got a somewhat slow start but good sound track. You could watch it just for All Might and that would be fine

So what, bnhafag? I don't even follow OPM but it's clearly the superior manga, and you whining about the artist being talented isn't going to change that fact.

Please fuck off to your hugbox where you can keep pretending Deku is a good protagonist.

>It would literally make 10000x less money if ONE's version was the only version around.
They will never understand this, and will always chalk up its popularity to clever writing and 'muh deconstruction'.

>I don't even follow this manga but somehow I know it's clearly the superior manga
My sides.

Because the author is a fan and took lots of obvious influence from it?

>I don't even follow OPM
sure thing, buddy

Someone's buttblasted

Why does everyone always compare it to OPM, when its far closer to Tiger & Bunny.

Because Sup Forums only knows and follows the most recent mainstream anime and only retain memory from series of the past 10 years.

Samefaggotry detected. Fuck off back to your containment thread.

Major action scenes have similar feel as OPM.

tiger and bunny only had a few heroes that hid their idenities. This is far more closer to OPM minus the monsters

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Monogatori...

Even by shonen standards it's really bad. The production values are better than most, but other than that it's utter shit.

>Better art
Obviously

>Better characters
The characters might be simples, but their interactions are done well. Unlike BNHA, they also get a decent amount of screentime and, depsite the tone of the manga, you have reasons to care for what happen to them.

>Better lessons
OPM teaches you to be selfless and that training hard bear fruits, along with stuff like "not overly relying on others" and typical shonen tropes. Yes, it's been said before, but it doesn't matter if it works. Meanwhile BNHA teaches you important live lessons like "define your life by ranking" and "don't follow your dreams if everyone tells you not to, they're probably right, unless someone comes along and promise you something AMAZING if you do". BNHA is very cynical but somehow you're supposed to accept it because it's done with a smile. In a way, it's even more of a parody of typical heroes tropes than OPM.

>Better writing
The biggest problem with BNHA is that the author basically get to choose whether or not his characters will be dumb in the next arc, without a thought for coherence, for the sake of the plot. That's not how you write a story.
As I said before, OPM have simple characters, but they stay coherents in their personality and their development, and the plot happens naturally around them. OPM aims to entertain you with big fights and make you laugh, whether it manages it is up to you, but it doesn't take you for dumber than you are. By definition, a parody is only fun if you understand what trope you're laughing at. Meanwhile BNHA relies on you turning your brain off and please don't ask to many questions.

So, yes.

>Get mocked for saying you don't even follow the series that you're arguing about
>go into an autistic rant about how that series you don't follow is clearly better

You're a pretty sad individual.

>I don't even follow OPM but it's clearly the superior manga

imagine being this assblasted about bnha that you post anything more that "it fucking sucks, kys"

Imagine being so assblasted by a series you don't like existing you feel the need to come into threads just to tell people it's bad. Still can't understand the mindset

Literally naruto with superheroes, one punch man was a better take on an anime about superheroes

What do you mean? Do you follow every serie you read? I catch up on OPM maybe one time a year (which amount to like, 5 chapters so it's not too hard).

Imagine being so assblasted by people not liking your shit serie that you feel the need to cry about them being mean on a palvovian massage imageboard.

the op asked for opinions, didn't say they had to be positive ones. you can go to plebbit if you don't like people trashing your shitty cartoon.

Because people get tribal over their preferred Shounen and can't seem to accept that two shows can be good to different people for different reasons.

I never got much impression that Heroes really hid their identity in BNHA? More that they had stage names they were much better known by.

it's funny how every mhafag is a passive cunt like you who can't seem to accept that no, people don't have a problem with liking two differents things, they just don't want to pretend the crap you like is good.

>B-but muh tastes
Your tastes can be shit, you know.

DESU I watch it because of All Might. He practically makes the show all by himself, and the best episodes involve heavy involvement on his part.

Also Ochako makes my penis feel funny.

Right, that's why we raid the Umaru threads and tell them all that their anime is shit and BNHA is so much better.

>Waaah you're only mean to me, it's not fair.

First, you know that's not true and second, you really are a faggot.

>Better art
Thanks to Murata happening to like ONE's shitty story.
>Better characters
Yeah.....no. BNHA puts more emphasis on the side characters and makes them all feel much more believable. Everyone in OPM is a memecharacter.
>Better lessons
Are you actually this stupid? Its a parody, the only lessons in it are the ones you pull out of your ass. You seem to be reading the entire story of OPM incorrectly.
>Better writing
If that means "lmao wan panch saves the day again ;)" then by all means, claim you are correct on this matter.

And you haven't even seen BNHA, how the fuck are you supposed to act like one is better than the other if you don't even know the specifics of one of them?

>Thanks to Murata happening to like ONE's shitty story.
Yes, and? It's still better art than in mha. Not like there's anything particularly wrong with mha's art either.

I am going to assume for the rest of my post that you will stop crying that ONE's original webcomic he probably made during his fifteen minutes lunch break is only getting attention because of Murata because this isn't the point.

>Yeah.....no. BNHA puts more emphasis on the side characters and makes them all feel much more believable
That is factually untrue. All the side characters in bnha are choking due to the lack of space. Deku takes too much space, even as a MC. BNHA is one of the shonen mangas that put the LESS emphasis on the side characters. And they're not believable, they vary in competence through most arcs without logic (even one as simple as "every fight make them stronger/smarter"). However, this isn't the first time I respond to bnhafags like you so I am sure you are going to make an argument about how "believable" teenagers act just like that.

>Everyone in OPM is a memecharacter.
While that's true for most of them, that doesn't make them bad. BNHA tries and fails to have a decent cast because no one gives an horseshit about anyone beyond maybe All Might and the girl of the month. Maybe OPM tries to do less with its characters but it does it well as they don't feel like their only excuses is "it's because they're teenagers" or some shit.

cont.

cont. (messed up and posted my pic early)

>Are you actually this stupid? Its a parody, the only lessons in it are the ones you pull out of your ass. You seem to be reading the entire story of OPM incorrectly.
It's obviously an affectionate parody. There's no written rule that a parody should preaches opposite life lessons to the genre it's associated with.
Take Mumen Rider for example, he's clearly a parody, sure, but his character is played completely straight. Meanwhile bnha teaches way more cynical lessons, and while it's not a problem in itself, everything else in the manga has that happy-go-lucky attitude and it's never developed enough to be considered an intent from the author.

>If that means "lmao wan panch saves the day again ;)" then by all means, claim you are correct on this matter.
So? OPM is aiming to be an action manga with occasional bit of your standards shonens lessons thrown in and a lot more humor. It manages to have great actions scenes, and since Saitama is rarely treated in-universe as a deus ex machina, the stakes are real for the others characters, which allow you to be as immersed in the story as in any other shonen where you obviously know none of the kids in the MC's group will die anyway, and I don't see many people claim that the jokes in OPM aren't funny, but it's up to taste. Most importantly, the characters and the setting work together well enough so that the story makes sense.Yes, it's a ridiculous story, and you might complain that I have a lesser standard for OPM than in BNHA, but it's about how both works presents themselves and how they manage to live up to expectations, not about how much time the author spent thinking up the plot. BNHA suffers from incoherent characters actions, bad lessons being taught, and an underdeveloped setting. And thoses elements don't work well together because, unlike OPM, BNHA takes itself completely seriously,therefore thoses half-baked elements should be criticized.

I'm biased against anime adaptations, so I'd recommend reading the manga first.

The anime's soundtrack is pretty decent and Ochako's voice is heart-meltingly adorable