Shokugeki no Soma

Chapter 240 translations soon

Megumi sucks and so does her fans. Talking all that shit and this is the result.

What do you guys think SmokeBro knows about Isshiki that we don't? What could be his grand keikaku?

Upcoming matchups.
>momo vs erina (erina wins)
>rindou vs isshiki (draw, both eliminated)
>tsukasa vs takumi (tsukasa wins)
final round
>erina and souma vs tsukasa

I don't think there's much there. He looked surprised with the rest of the dorm when he heard that Isshiki was a dropout of a famous family. Other than that it was just knowing that Isshiki held back against Soma and pointing out that Azami didn't even bother with Isshiki.

It's a shift in interest. It happens in all media all the time. People want different things and the bland binary MC is an outdated concept, people want the more dynamic/reactive character that carries the story, not just one along for the ride.

>draw
>with 3 judges
>eliminates both

Are you retarded?

Isshiki will not lose no matter what.

I want Tsukasa vs Takumi.

So far I've been right with my predictions for this bout.

Saito will lose 1-2.
Next bout is Erina, Isshiki and Takumi vs the rest.
Rindou beats Takumi 3-0
Erina beats Momo 3-0
Tsukasa beats Isshiki 2-1

Final bout is Erina and Souma vs Tsukasa and Rindou and then Tsukuda will probably use the fact that the two of them are exhausted again to make them weaker.

These are all the dishes in the RDC so far. Which one is your favorite?

■ Hitsumabushi: Polar Star Flavor
■ Capitone in Umido
■ Yukihira Style Barley Flour Soba
■ Nine to One Buckwheat Soba Garnished with Shrimp Stir-Fry in Sakura Style
■ Purée Soup from Four Types of Green Teas
■ Green Tea Kurozubuta
■ Alligator Dish
■ African Ramen
■ Ten Pieces of Tuna Ruby Orbs Sushi
■ Ten Pieces of Tuna Ruby Orbs Sushi With Gunkan Maki
■ Roast Beef of Temptation~Etsuya Eizan Edition
■ Doppio Mezzaluna Pizza
■ Queen's Apple Tart
■ Dorayaki

Senpai has as much chance of carrying the first years as Jou and Doujima do. Which is to say none at all. No one is saving them but themselves. He's going out, and I won't be surprised if it's even in the next round.

Pizza and Ramen.

Then he has to beat rindou or tsukasa since erina has to have her solo win so that's not happening.

Who the hell comes up with those dishes names? Anyways Takumi's pizza, Megishima's ramen and Saito's sushi look the tastiest.

My only hope is that the finale bout is not just souma x erina which is the most boring outcome ever, and that hope glitters the most when i look at Isshiki.

Takumi's pizza name is fucking chuuni and Eizan's is pretencious as hell but it fits them.

The central dishes seem so boring. With the exception of Tsukasa and Rindou they seem to lack the overall creativity that the rebels have and that you'd expect from the E10. Isshiki, Megishima, and Tsukasa all created brand new dishes on the spot that don't exist anywhere else. Momo made a fucking pinterest recipe

I bet Isshiki is 1st seat tier, he just doesn't give a fuck

He'll probably 1v1 Tsukasa in the final bout, to protect his juniors

Saito's dish is aesthetically very pleasing and probably very tasty. I think we'll see his creativity shine with this dish he prepared against Soma.

Isshiki will throw himself into Tsukasa so Soma could defeat him because Tsukuda is gay.

Risotto and sushi

Where did all these Isshikifags come from? The guy that appears once every 30 chapters and has little involvement in the story throughout the central arcs. THAT guy is going to be involved in the climax of the Azami saga? You guys actually have Down Syndrome. .

This goddamn fucking manga is totally catered to Soma and Erina and their shippingfags that only Soma and Erina will make it to the final bout. I feel so bad for Megumi, Takumi, and Isshiki

The author is retarded anything could happen

This shouldn't make sense, but it does.

Don't worry fellow Megumifags, Megumi will win during this arc

Fuck off with your assblasted selves. Just drop the manga and pick it back up in a few months. Your obvious saltiness for the manga not meeting your preference is leaking.

Anyone else miss early and middle SNS? The series use to be much fun.

>Souma is gonna bullshit his way against a 30 year old Chinese chef

As a Takumifag, it's pretty obvious he never had a chance since it's either going to the logical route aka Isshiki/Erina or the obvious one Souma/Erina.

I just want him to have another decent match since Saito vs Takumi didn't happen fuck I do feel bad for Megumi though

He's going to beat Shinomiya and you will like it

Even as a Megumifag, please no. I'm so tired of back to back cooking. I want comfy chapters for a bit that focus on our original characters.

Having a big villian was a mistake, this should have been about making trips to other parts of the world learning new cooking and making new rivals/bros. Hopefully they drop the school shit for a bit if they go into a new arc.

Age doesn't mean shit. It's about who has the most experience in creating this dish to be the best it could be.

So Soma beating a 30 year with 3 michelin stars would be fine with you? One that's also been cooking since he was an infant like Soma?

Souma will beat that fucker with some instant noddles with a special sauce, obviously.

Anything vegetarian for me.

Then people would complain how there's no plot or progression. Sup Forums just likes having something to bitch and moan about most of the time.

No one ever complaining during arcs like Moon Festival or Stagiare. So don't pull shit out of your ass.

Who said they were cooking since they were infants? Also, just because they have a michelin star doesn't mean they're unbeatable. Same goes to any chef of any caliber. This is cooking, not physical fighting. Cooking powerlevels are so black and white in this manga despite relying so much on creativity. There's no situation where A beats B who beats C who beats A. You are either better or worse than another cook you compare yourself to and depending on what you and your opponent makes is fifty fifty in which both are great but the other taste slightly better. Losing doesn't mean you're a terrible chef or inferior to your opponent. It's always all or nothing.

>momo vs erina (erina wins)
>rindou vs isshiki (Isshiki wins)
>tsukasa vs takumi (tsukasa wins)

>isshiki vs tsukasa (tsukasa wins)

> erina vs tsukasa (tsukasa wins)

> souma vs tsukasa (souma wins because tsukasa is tired )

I dropped manga for year+ two times, one of them was during Stagiare.
Another after central arc started and Souma solo magically saved his dorm.
Now thinking about doing it again because author clearly doesn't give a fuck about plot and Souma obviously first solo wins about Rindou and than take weakened Tsukasa

>(souma wins because tsukasa is tired )
Nope. Teamwork will be the key.

What didn't you like about Stagiare? Just honestly curious.

Please do and never return.

Also forgot to add that strong girl like Erina will end up in cage and will ask "cool and manly" selfinsert protag to save her
It wasn't that bad, I just got tired from all bullshit from author and guess "we didn't commit warcrimes, fucking gaijins just hated vegetables" was a final straw
Don't worry, you wouldn't even notice when I leave

Why do so many shonen series jump the shark after a certain point? Naruto and Bleach are another clear explain of a series dropping in quality; Part 1 was the best part of the former, while Pre-Shinigami/SS was the best part of the latter. Sure, you could argue that they still had good moments after that, but they never really recovered in terms of writing.

People complained how Soma beat Kuga, and people hated the latter. So yes, this place will always find something to complain about

>this place will always find something to complain about
When it comes to Soma, and his character.

>People complained how Soma beat Kuga

Why though? His win on that one day was perfectly legitimate.

Most of the times is either because they get forced to milk it or editors shoehorn stupid ideas.
According to Tsukada, here it was all planned so there's that, he is just a hack

Because long running series almost never keep a consistent quality, it's the nature of the genre. It's popularity ensures it will run as long as it makes money, but the authors will have to keep coming up with ways to "escalate" things to attract readership, and almost never get to end a series on their own terms.

Even One Piece is going through this as well and BokuNoHero.

Soma was one of things people loved about this series for being a different type of WSJ protagonist.

Now people just started hating him and accuse him of being a Gary Stu and people bandwagon on that shit.

But this is bullshit. It doesn't matter what the MC is like people still bitch about him/her these days.

I feel like Kenshin was able to stay good all the way through.

He is a Gary Stu. It also doesn't help that he was consistently shoved into our faces for literal months while Tsukuda neglected his other characters. We got back to back Soma fights with only one other character getting a fight, Dog against that fodder. People got tired of his character after a certain point.

>Having a big villian was a mistake
People are still crying over Azami?
Just stop it. His introduction to the series and the whole flashback stuff with Jou made the series exciting again.

>"we didn't commit warcrimes, fucking gaijins just hated vegetables" was a final straw
>>>/tumblr/

>made the series exciting again.
Speak for yourself.

If people love a character they just don't jump into a hate bandwagon. I don't think he is that bad even, what put people off the most if how Tsukuda handle all of his matches and wins, or even loses since when he actually does loses it barely matters and that just end ups reflecting in his character and the way he is seen.

SnS never jumped shark. It's the same average manga it always was.

Nah its gonna be
>Erina vs Momo (Erina wins 2-1)
Isshiki vs Tsukasa (double knockout)
Final round will be Souma and Erina vs Rindou who is the strongest Elite 10

Good luck convincing retarded faggots that.

>I feel like Kenshin was able to stay good all the way through.
Mankin too

>made the series exciting again.

Yeah, stakes that high and predictable matches are obviously the most exciting thing.

>not liking the Jou flashback
What is wrong with you you fucktard?

>It's the same average manga it always was.
You know what I mean. Yes, it was always an average series, but it undoubtedly use to be more fun to read.

>(double knockout)
There will be no double knockouts retard. Why are people fixated on that happening?

>He is a Gary Stu.
>lost to Dog and Hayama
>lost to Shinomiya
>lost to Tsukasa
>Gary Stu
Go fuck yourself retard

Soumafags are sensitive today.

Jou flashback was one big meh to me. It's simply a matter of different taste, no big deal.

>predictable matches
they always were predictable

That's just nostalgia clouding your judgement
Quality isn't any higher or lower than it used to be really

You mean Megumifags are flinging shit at Soma because she lost again.

>>lost to Dog and Hayama
>>lost to Shinomiya
>>lost to Tsukasa
Where are the consequences?

I don't give a rat ass about either of them.

There hasn't been anything as good since.

What'd you expect from an insecure fanbase? They're too bitter about everything.

People have been complaining about Soma since Azami was introduced, it was especially bad during the Hayama match. Stop with this whole boogeyman shit.

>He is a Gary Stu. It also doesn't help that he was consistently shoved into our faces for literal months while Tsukuda neglected his other characters. We got back to back Soma fights with only one other character getting a fight, Dog against that fodder. People got tired of his character after a certain point.

He's the central character of the fucking story, its literally ABOUT him. No shit hes going to get the most focus, that's the point.

It's one thing to like and prefer other characters, but it's another entirely when you're complaining about something that's been there since the beginning.

If you hated Soma so much, why in god's name are you reading a series WITH HIS NAME IN THE TITLE.

They are a bunch of teenagers.

They want Shokugeki to become like Bleach. Have the MC disappear for most of the story and focus on the side characters.

It's literally because his match is coming and he already has a power up from that shit.

There's no consequences in this manga for any character. This is isn't exclusive to Soma at all, this pretty much goes for all characters.

In both the Shinomiya and Tsukasa there were "big risks" only for the author to mitigate them by claiming the Shinomyia match was a draw and Tsukasa choosing to not recruit Soma because he thought he would be too tough to handle.

>shounen
>writing
Souma is still good when souma himself isn't around.
He's just boring now.

>If you hated Soma so much, why in god's name are you reading a series WITH HIS NAME IN THE TITLE.
Fucking this.
People have repeated this shit so many times but these autists continue to bitch about him.

It's like complaining about how Naruto is about Naruto. It's retarded as fuck.

I don't hate Soma. Don't put words into my mouth. It's just that Tsukuda use to give his other characters more focus. He focuses on Soma to such an degree that he ends up neglecting his other characters.

Maybe except for all the faggots who got axed, sure they will come back but the consequence is still there, Takumi losing his Mezzaluna and the elites about to lose their seats also count.

>Naruto is about Naruto

Nice joke.

Not him but last I checked Bleach was not called "Ichigo"

Either way Bleach started sucking big time after it became all about the shitty Gotei 13
First arc was best, 2nd arc was decent the rest was trash and Ichigo turned into a shitty emofag.

And this never made sense to me. It's repetitive no doubt, I'll admit to that. But I feel it's people growing tired of the same tropes being played straight, fatique basically.

But that's more on Tsukada's writing than Soma himself. And if that's the case, just take a break and come back after a few chapters. This series reads terribly on a weekly basis.

But there's nothing really wrong with Soma himself and I feel are just grasping at straws.

>Naruto is about Naruto.
Did you forget all the Uchiha-wanking Kishi did or something?

We just had several chapters about Takumi, Megumi, Isshiki, Kuga, Nigger etc.
Why the fuck are you pretending that he's not giving other characters attention?

He wanked Kyuubi, Minato, Kushina, Jiraiya etc. a lot too

>don't say anything bad about the mc or don't read
Kill yourself, souma was cool but now he's lame, he has no character anymore other than to asspull ketchup from his jewel picked ass and give a serious look now and then.

>Why the fuck are you pretending that he's not giving other characters attention?
Quick flashbacks don't really count as attention to me. I'm talking about Alice, Hisako, and Ryo mostly though. I feel like the first two really have interesting cooking specialities so it's a shame the way he just shoved them into the background.

How conveniently you forget that Soma pledged to stop being a cook if he lost to Mimasaka
You also forget about how Erina constantly tried to expel him throughout the series and you forget that if Soma loses and Azami wins then his family's diner place will be closed. If you have Soma lose the one place he wants to protect more than anything than it would make him an underwhelming and incompetent MC.

Ok, there have been 8 matches since this thing started and only 2 of them had Soma. So this is bullshit.

>souma was cool but now he's lame
He's the same character he was from the beginning

whats with the sudden massive soumafags?where were thw two or three of you during the hayama fight?

It's Tsukuda's writing, of couse. But is still something that ends up being related to Souma directly. Because he writes all of his match the same way, not just only one of two and then he writes and we keep getting only his matches so it's only natural people gets bored of it and some of them also of Souma.
It makes me angry because he clearly can still write entertaining matches but he somehow never does it to his character.