Dies Irae

How do we go from this...

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/14P2YH6M
gareblogs.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/dies-irae-amantes-amentes-english-walkthrough/
youtube.com/watch?v=W-Qj-ybSpMY
youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE
youtube.com/watch?v=niMyA87G6Xk
youtube.com/watch?v=lhhlv7YWp9g
youtube.com/watch?v=KTxWYSda7uY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

to this?

Can fujos save it from flopping?

Isaak watches too much Gundam

Original but with six hands will be best

Ikabey's CGs where

>flopping
It's doing fine

Really? It's been a while since I last checked
Hopefully we can get a few figures out of it

Reminder that Elonlre looked away

Can't really do anything else than laugh at the episodes currently.

What in the fuck was this episode?

Anime original. Clocks next episode

pastebin.com/14P2YH6M

The studio being retarded and adding anime original changes that costs them more of the ultralimited budget and effort when they could save on both things by remaining faithful.
In the VN it goes
>Reinhard shows up
>Ren powers up (no transformation just buffs himself) wrongly due to fear of Reinhard
>Goes straight for Reinhard (no giant skeleton mechs or anything fancy as seen here)
>His attack has 0 effect on Reinhard
>Reinhard crushes the guillotine and takes Marie with him to Valhalla
>Ren loses consciousness

Sweet.
Rest of the seats this weekend?

>still no gameplay footage of Pantheon
2018 can't come soon enough

Maybe desu

I'm more prone to believe it's all intentional and that this version of this story is being treated as some kind of prequel to the Phanteon mobage.

Alright, just take your time.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised. You know, it would actually be cool seeing Ren's Pantheon design somewhere down the road.

Holy shit this ep is better than the game

Surely you jest.

Backer here, Hajun and Satanael will show up in ep 11

Masada here, the second half of the anime will be the sequel to KKK

TelMasada, did Shirou bang Ellie at least once?

*Tell me

Turns out that he was able to get it up when they were inside Rusalka and Bey's bellies

>fucking up the entire adaptation to shill a mobage that will be dead in like a year

Fuck you Light.

I don't even know why I watch this.
The fights so far were pretty bad and none of the characters are really special or interesting. Evil devil nazis is a fun concept but the mediocrity of everything else is just boring.

I guess the girls are kinda cute, at least.

>yfw pantheon ends up the next FGO

The characters are a lot more fun in the VN, given that they actually have time to go into their backstories, motivations, etc.
The anime up to episode 5 is literally just the cliff notes version.

Dies Irae simply can't be adapted. Unlike most other anime, the characters in Dies Irae don't need development or growth, as they're already well developed as-is. Though on the surface the cast may seem overdone and cliche, the fact of the matter is that they're some of the deepest created.
The problem is that Dies Irae's focus is also on text. The notion of reading. So much of it is about literature and the nature of fiction. Too many take it for granted and jack off to powerlevelz and chuuni nonsense when the reality is so much more complex. The problem, however, is that this does not translate to a purely visual medium like anime.

Essentially, the internal monologues are removed entirely, and thus you're left with a cast of characters who merely appear to be overdone, since there's no way to establish their intricacies.

Do you have any numbers?

The VN is pretty hard to adapt when each route is built on top of the other. Trifa is the most evident character for this

I don't think Dies Irae's going to escape it's niche, really. It's too complex for normies and your average Sup Forumstard.

And it's really better this way. I prefer the current threads we get. Hajun roleplaying will never get old.

>really. It's too complex for normies and your average Sup Forumstard.
That's what they said about fate and look where we are

Yeah, this sounds believable. Everything around this was pretty much a really plain edgefest with little to no proper explanation for any motives or character relations apart from the bare minimum "We're a cult that wants to help a godlike nazi officer to world domination and YOU're gonna help with it, like it or not.".
The relation between Ren and his childhood friends and what exactly went down apart from people being killed by them as kids is terribly represented and honestly almost cryptic at times.

The foundation and the source for this entire show seems like it has a ton of potential to actually be interesting, relatively deep and make you give a shit about what is happening and care about the characters, including the Dreizehn members. None of that is translated well into the anime and this feels like all the worst parts of an edgelord self-insert shounen compressed into a 1-season anime, disregarding all the actual quality stuff to be explored. The worst part probably is that it's almost set up like a battle harem in the show right now and even there it's not doing those justice by having terribly animated fights, boring choreographics and not even just going the full distance to also have the girls to be way more fanservice-y than they have to to at least have some eye-candy on the screen to hold attention.

I haven't even played/read any of the VN, nor know anything about it, but the levels of fucked-up this adaption is even makes me feel like they dropped the ball before even picking it up.

You're a fucking retard if you ever thought Fate was complex and not shallow normie bait.

>It's too complex for normies and your average Sup Forumstard
It's typical shounen shit with typical harem elements. The only reason people didn't understand anime is because they started with a flashback that you are supposed to read after the whole route.

Shirou's development in parallel between UBW and HF is fairly good. And the only aspect of F/SN that's never brought up again

I didn't but Sup Forums did

If that's really what you think of it, the entirety of the VN went right over your head. You should consumed some of the more high-concept literature and then reread it.

Falling for the crowdfunding meme, not even once.

You sound like you'd enjoy the VN user, I'm sorry you had to find out about it via the anime.
In the VN you're right, it DOES make you give a shit about the LDO members, fan favorite Rusalka being a prime example.

CG
Not even once.

Rusalka's character is deeper than anything FSN has to offer and she's a side character. We have people in this thread that didn't fucking know what the whole Rubedo, Albedo, Nigredo and Citrinitas shit was too and those already read the VNs.

Half the references and character deep flies over your head if you're a brainlet.

Well there's also the fact that character development builds throughout routes, which is built on top of the previous
Lisa bitchslapping Eleonore wouldn't have as much impact without 3 routes of her dying and ridiculed by others

>white garterbelt stockings
Well now I know I'd definitely enjoy the VN.
I'll look into it soon once I finished rewatching Shirobako and watching/playing everything Neptunia.

Not even sure if I should continue with the anime and go into it without even more of a sour taste than there already is. Though it seems that they're going to deviate from the VN's plot anyway from what I've gathered after this episode.

Quick tip, when you get around to reading the VN, follow this guide:
gareblogs.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/dies-irae-amantes-amentes-english-walkthrough/
Dies Irae is similar to Fate in the sense that the routes build on one another and should be read in order. However it doesn't enforce that order, so you can end up ruining the story for yourself.
Aside from that, have fun.

Alright, bookmarked it. Thanks for the tip and actually convincing me to give this more of a chance.

Just a note, the first route is both an infodump and a bad end much less interesting than the subsequent routes, so it may be hard to stomach
Most of the 6 chapters are the same except at the end of chapter 6, so make choices and then skip past

Thanks for actually considering it despite the anime

>Most of the 6 chapters are the same except at the end of chapter 6, so make choices and then skip past
That what the guide I gave him tells him to do, so he should be fine.

Can someone completely uninvolved with magic or the supernatural unknowingly reach Atziluth?

You need to be autistic enough then you can bend all of existence to your will

Isn't this basically what happened to Hajun?
and Marie too I guess

Hajun was set up by Naraka, plus he had a third eye, so he was kinda involved with the supernatural, and Marie had the whole curse of the guillotine thing. I'm talking about someone oblivious to such things, like, maybe a really dedicated scientist or artist, for example.

Why is Naraka such an asshole

Because waifu. Ask Snek God because he knows how it feels

What the fuck was this episode? Complete departure from the VN.

We finally leave the ghetto

>Anime original content is a way to escape foreknowledge
Snek would be proud.

>RETURN THE SLAB

Why is Shirou so GOAT?

>This was the plan all along.

>this wasn't even his final form

That gun looks so wrong.

Why does it look like he's been taking meth?

Why does she looks like a frog?

>wallow in filth
>the star that crawls upon the ground

>first thing I saw of dies irae was this picture but without the white shirts
>find out it's actually pure edge
how disappointing

it looks like a QUALITY desert eagle

Have some Kei

I wonder if we could see her fancy underwear from that angle.

>have some trash
How about no?

Don't be a tsundere user, I know you actually like Kei

Not gonna lie, one of my favorite scenes in Rea's route was When Isaak squishes Kei like a bug

So cute

Pick one

Rea = best girl

>implying other girls can even compete
Rea is good too, though

Why is Kei so useless?

This isn't the VN I read.

Post your favorite soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=W-Qj-ybSpMY

>Some saw that scene and said "Yes, this should air on TV"

>I wish for a Dies Irae anime adaptation!

Monkey paw strikes again

Because I keep her busy all the time with hot sex!

youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE

youtube.com/watch?v=niMyA87G6Xk

It's not overly complex, but the sheer volume of media you need to consume to keep up with any discussion is obscene.

>people still complain about ufotable not getting every single minor detail right
Fatefags don't know how good they have it.

Fatefags suffered during DEEN/Stay night, now it's our turn.

youtube.com/watch?v=lhhlv7YWp9g

If only we could get animation as good as the AA OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=KTxWYSda7uY

To this day I still don't understand why Reinhard piercing Marie with the lance allowed her to feel emotions.

I'm actually impressed how much more like the original characters that looks like, even though it looks like they're literally tracing CG.
I think it boiled down to:
Fuck you I'm Reinhard

Something about piercing a hole in her heart for emotions to flow into.

Can't emanate if you're a rock.

What should I pick first?

Bottom.
Leave the best for last.

>that hair

>Marie can't feel much because her soul is completely static, impenetrable
>Reinhard, being the most destructive force in the universe, is able to open a hole in her
>Does it
>Her link to Ren and easy access to his soul allows her to know what it means to be human

I want to fuck Marie