Thoughts on this picture?

Thoughts on this picture?

I smell Jewish deception. In the 50s and 60s, a factory worker could afford a house, two cars, vacations, and support his stay-at-home wife, children and Fido on his salary alone. So what gives?

Attached: DYmfzrBWsAEOHPN.jpg (600x464, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NPTzNJMd19A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A $48 vacuum cleaner is really going to suck

1979 vacuum lasts decades, repairs can be made yourself, parts are available
2015 vacuum lasts 1 day longer than the warranty, repairs are impossible

Inflation for the most part, if someone was being paid $7.5 per hour in 1960 and it hasn't changed and it's still $7.5 per hour today in 1960 the 7.5 was worth a lot more and wages haven't adjusted to the current economy or inflation.

Then again this is just a fair guess

/thread

hmm lets just go over the bill of materials that went into both of those vacuums shall we

this
you are paid shit, but cheap chinese shit you buy costs shit as well
world of shit

Sure, banal things are more affodrable but basic necessities are more difficult to get, they're of lower quality and it's more difficult to maintain a balanced status quo.

I don't remember who said this but it went like this:
>You have to ask yourself what meant to be poor back in the day and what does it mean now. Back in the day it meant your house was smaller and your car older and slower than your neighbours. Today it means you can't afford to eat.

In Spain, in the 60-80s, only drunktards and mentally ill people were homeless and there was a law to put those people to work and rehab. The most basic needs like housing, food, etc, were really cheap and it was easy to have them covered because the State helped too. Now it's a luxury to live independently and most people have to share apartments even at their 30s.

The 1979 one is clearly a metal framed one with a solid brush motor and a large bag, it probably could run for decades.
That 2015 one is a China special piece of polypropylene crap with a cheap cyclone cup that needs to be emptied twice a week and I very much doubt there is even a motor in the brush head, probably an air turbine powered by all of 50 air watts of suction.
if you want a good quality vacuum cleaner today with equivalent features to that old one it will cost you $400-600 USD

Technology is the only thing that decreases in price over time.

Whoa, not so fast José.
Your country has a negative birthrate, you need to fix this by importing a couple million immigrants.
Then we can talk about getting you an apartment

I can't disobey those trips. I'll wait further instructions.

>2015
>buy $50 vacuum
>2016
>buy another $50 vacuum
>2017
>buy another $50 vacuum
>2018
>?

Apples and oranges.

>1979
>a steak dinner costs $.90 = $2.90 adjusted for today's earning power
>2015
>we have the dollar menu, goy!

Don't disappoint the people who fought for your rights. Soon you will have to fight for them yourself.

I bought a 1972 Kirby 1-cr vacuum cleaner for 40 dollars.

The fan was broken, repaired that for 10 dollars.

Converted the bag to accept HEPA allergy bags for 20 dollars.

And I bought the carpet shampooer on Ebay for like 10 dollars.

If the bearings should go out, they are readily available, as are most parts.Only a fool would buy a plastic vacuum.

My parents still use the same vacuum cleaner they purchased back in the 80's and it runs fine, some repairs needed over the years. I doubt that cheap vacuum on the right will make it to the end of its warranty. You're going to have to spend hundreds if you want a decent one.

That's actually what killed our manufacturing. People didn't go out and buy something new because they had something that worked well.

Even the auto industry got fucked. Back in the 60s it was rare for a car to go beyond 150,000 miles without needed an extensive overhaul.

Now, with regular maintenace and not tuniing the fuck out of the motor, you can easily get 250,000 before having to eat the cost of the thing nickling and diming you like a 90's or earlier car did.

That why you see the cash for clunkers subsidy deals every so often.

Everyone normie needs the new McIphone 10xs every year.
>yeah I just bought a new $1000 iphone last year and it works perfectly fine but I need a new one because the new one just came out

>That's actually what killed our manufacturing.
yeah it wasn't designing cheap plastic pieces of shit and making them in China that did it, it was our amazing quality that killed our manufacturing

ignore the fact that the global population is out of control and everyone needs a vacuum

I'm glad you're using your powers for good, norbro.

Attached: r_781424_Pripq[1].gif (504x364, 1.74M)

To add to the correct points made in this post.
Most of the cost of that "expensive" vacuum would stay in the States and circulate again in the economy. The money for that shitty chink piece of shit goes overseas.
Furthermore, the use of "average" salary is highly deceptive, since the average value is highly skewed by the top outliers. And current age income inequality is much more extreme.
A better measure would be the median wage.

Our money was backed by real wealth: silver
And the shitholers came in

I see what (You) did there

>It is best that everything breaks down all the time so we can make, sell and consume a lot and then we will all be very rich and live happily ever after.
Fucking kill yourself please.

A little column A, a little column B. They are still counting on people replacing old appliances every ten years or so. Most small appliances with a warranty just get swapped for new ones. You aren't buying a product so much as you are buying a warranty. Cub Cadet built a solid gardening tractor back in the day. It went under and got sold because they lasted forever and the market didn't need new ones. New owners cut costs and increased demand by making perishable products.

The problem with this, and we are feeling it now, is that we are investing in infrastructure that gets sent overseas. We can stop the hemorrhage through automation. A factory could potentially be run by no more people than your average warehouse, limit cost and liability for worker's wages and deprive China of making money off our investments in improving our roads, rails, and waterways which can make up for the lose in manufacturing jobs.

On top of that, we can build superior products if we reverted to a cultural shift in growing our wealth instead of voluntary debt slavery.

Sorry for the long post, got on a rant and went with it.

They go for 2 grand now.

It's just the realities of the market. Don't blame me for what consumers are willing to buy. I'd rather spend three times as much and have it last a lifetime, believe me.

This. The new plastuc ones will throw a belt, you go to replace it only to find the post that holds the belt snapped off and no matter how hard you try to glue it or melt it and repair it, the damn peg snaps right off the second you replace the belt.

Accounting for inflation it cost about that much back then.

They honestly cost way too much new, but a cheap used one is a great investment. I'm young and don't plan on ever replacing this Kirby just maintaining it.

Stuff used to last decades now just lasts years. Plastic is cheaper then metal and so are Chinese workers so the money is being sent out of the country. But hey it's cheaper right ???

>10% of $10 is only 1$
>10% of $1000000 is only $100000
>WHY DOES SOMETHING THAT COSTS MORE HAVE A SMALLER DISCOUNT!?

feminism and the rise of the "dual-income" household.

Get that non-Dyson shit the fuck out of here.

Attached: LAZY.jpg (1235x393, 131K)

this

Do you unironically believe this? Vacuums aren't that complicated, and that's the case even for the newest ones. Mine lasts since 2007.

>a solid brush motor
Brushed electric motors are shit, the graphite brushes burn out all the time and it produces sparks.
Induction motors are far better.
But I agree with the rest of your statement, this chinese crap doesn´t last.

Other example:
Old east german moped:
Lasts forever, can rebuild engine yourself with basic tools.
Parts still available at low prices.

New chinese scooter:
Lasts 20.000 km if you are lucky, requires special tools to repair, if you can even find the parts.
Also needs more fuel and is slower.

Yeah planned obsolescence is a real thing. There are companies producing quality still but a 40 bux walmart model is likely to be the former.

said vacuum cleaner is a piece of shit.for 49$ it works for one year and then u have to buy another one and anotber and another.
the one bought from sears for 99$ in 1979 is still working.made by americans.
thats the real story,jew econmics.but its cheaper!yes!
it is,in every way possible.

not in the us froggy.
nothing lasts here unless you pay for premium.

Things cost more so lasted longer, my grandma has a fridge, spin dryer and vacuum cleaner from the 50s that still work , I'm serious

The first one will last decades, was made in the USA and pumps money into North America economies.

The second one is a disposable piece of Walmart garbage made using slave labor in China with all funds going into Jew and foreign pockets.

PROGRESS

that or overtax chinese goods coming here.they illegally flood markets with their cheap horseshit im sick of it.

This. I've owned several used Kirby models usually bought for 30-40 bucks. easy to repair, last forever.

And yet you'd have to spend more than twice the price of the modern vacuum pictured to approach the build quality of the one from nearly 40 years ago.

Even when yo adjust for inflation, you still would have to shell out more, and then you're buying a chinese-made yuppie magnet like a dyson than sucks your cash right out of the economy.

Mommy works, so owner class gets two wagies and taxpayers for the price of one. This crashes buying power and creates inflation as well.

Attached: cnn-trap-income.gif (302x328, 15K)

>This

'member Volvo 140/240/740/940? The Swedish Volvo's that you can not kill? Saab 900 witch didn't need a cage when rally-ing since it was so fucking stiff from the beginning? Yeah..

Dad bought a regular cab toyota tacoma in 95, sold it to me last year. Fix it myself when I need to, things still runs like a champion. Imagine my smug face as I drive through the snow not giving a fuck while the powerstroke bois try to find an autoparts store within a 50 mile radius that still has some diesel 911, passing "new" cars with 14 recalls.

A big part of the reason is this:
>feminism and the rise of the "dual-income" household.

Also the median house today is bigger than the median house of 1975. And where are they getting that median price of almost 300K. I can find you a house in an expensive part of the northeast for 250K with 3bd/2bath move in ready. They should be comparing sqft price.
If they are referring to califuckyou well that's the problem. That place is fucking nuts.

All markets are bounded by the rules we impose on it. Call your congressman.

I had an old 242 that I drove for 10 years. It was almost 20 years old when I bought it. Had a Saab 900 too. I wish these things were still easy to find or someone made anything close to this kind of quality these days.

dude i had a rockwell drill from 1962 that my grandfather had.last year,last year! the bakelite handle finally disentegrated and all was left was the metal drill housing and trigger wires dangling off.the motherfuckin thing still worked.
ryobi drill?i can smoke that shit after one piece of plywood doing subflooring,regular screws.pathetic horseshit.
i buy american big name branded tools.at least there the iso 9001 rules chinese ass3mblers have to follow to ensure quality control.

Wage increase due to robots and fewer staff. Doesn’t account for the boss taking everything

>lasts 1 day longer than the warranty,
my experience with a HP laptop

I don't think it helps that Franco era rent controls are keeping elderly people in apartments they couldn't otherwise afford. Because so many of you live in apartments, I'd imagine the supply is tight which means higher prices. Flats were cheap in Sevilla when I was there in September but very expensive in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao etc.

Another interesting point is that the homeless in Spain usually are mentally ill or refuse to put down drugs/alcohol because the programs the state has won't help you if you use. I saw very few homeless but tons of gypsy living in filth. Maybe just gypsy behavior

no ill just pay more for quality,like always.

Huh? Chinese scooters are all clones of Honda engines and 99% of the parts are easy to find. Only took you may need that isn’t common would be a wrench to put a timing belt on.

You can fix anything on a Chinese scooter for under $100 with less than two hours labor. Also, with proper maintenance the scooters will last into 40-50k without needing to be scrapped.

Are the Dutch confirmed not to have proper tools?

boomer brainlets have to go

Attached: 1506617694830.jpg (960x804, 126K)

Attached: pelican i see what you did there.jpg (600x536, 40K)

There was study done where if the second income does not make over 50K a year it was not worth it. My wife makes just under 60k and she keeps working because of other factors like getting years for pension in. But after expenses she is making about 1000 a month after tax. The rest going to child care. Even less if you include the car payment.

vacuum A was made in u.s., vacuum B made in China. It's really not that fucking hard to understand + this has nothing to do with inflation and house prices going up 6x while salaries have only doubled or triples

>Chinese scooters are all clones of Honda engines
No, they are mostly clones from italian 2-stroke engines made from chinesium.
Also a scooter has more parts than the engine alone.

>21 dollars in 2015 is literally less than 6 dollars in 1979.

Attached: paul6.jpg (550x367, 24K)

My parents had a vacuum from the 70’s up into the 90’sor later that still worked with minimal service. The vacuum they bought in the 90’s was in the trash before a decade was out because the plastic casing broke.

>dollars are an absolute value

That one built in 1979 probably still worked when it was retired, or is still out there somewhere. The on built in 2015 is already probably starting to get noisy and will be thrown out for a new one soon.

I can tell you didn't score higher than an 80% in reading comprehension

>incorrect use of a meme arrow
>BUT READING COMP
kek

Dyson is trash, just a status symbol for housewives.
youtube.com/watch?v=NPTzNJMd19A
I have an Oreck and it's the best vacuum I've ever used. Other people who use the vacuum have commented on how powerful it is. The only expenses have been new bags (I've never used a "good" bagless vacuum) and 2 new belts. I can repair just about everything by removing 2 phillips head screws.

Downsides? I guess it's ugly. I'd argue it's more attractive than those dyson transformer looking things. The cord also has started twisting, so I might need to replace that in another decade.

Attached: 324000.jpg (2000x2000, 159K)

Every part of the scooter is available for a minimal price in the United States. I don't know why you feel the need to parade East German crap, but it would likely be impossible to work on if it was in my country.

>No, they are mostly clones from italian 2-stroke engines made from chinesium.

Maybe in your country, but in ours we get Honda clones. We also don't fret about "special tools" because we have an abundance of tools and parts which are apparently non-existent in the lowlands.

You’ve clearly never had a Windsor.

The vac on the right will wear out in 6 months of daily use

You'll buy 10 of the vacuum on the right in the same time it took the the one on the left to reach EOL

>non-Riccar fags posting about quality vacuums

I've actually never heard of windsor and I'm familiar with Riccar. Sounding like a retard, how do they compare with Kirby? I know they have the worst sales method but I've heard they're bullet proof

Tell me more.
It still sucks better than most brand new vacuums I've used, and I've had it for 10 years. Got it used when my grandma died, she probably had it for another 10 before me. Maybe there are better vacuums out there, but my Oreck is better than 99% of the other trash you see out there.

Attached: DRbwWxpWkAAotT3.jpg-large.jpg (600x600, 33K)

>Huh? Chinese scooters are all clones of Honda engines and 99% of the parts are easy to find. Only took you may need that isn’t common would be a wrench to put a timing belt on.
This, also chink clones of briggs and stratton or honda engines sold by harbor freight are interchangeable with actual parts and are pretty decent

>Housewives

Do they even make those anymore?

Attached: 1521331099575.jpg (717x863, 235K)

The vacuum cleaner that cost 15 hours of labor still works today. It may not be (((energy efficient))) and heavier than the new model but it still works.
The new shit will break down in a year, year and a half tops.

I thought we were having steamed clams.

Attached: oh_egads_3.jpg (500x350, 34K)

we exported our way of life like fucking retards instead of creating wakanda
now the essential raw materials are dramatically more expensive on top of fucking ruining the planet
then we exported all our production while importing a bunch of fucking third worlders which works to inflate the paper asset values of all the wealth here but not actually increase real wealth here

Attached: vitalingredientspricechange.png (640x338, 121K)

The problem with the housing is the regulations which hinders supply

My vacuum was over $500 so this doesn't really add up.

The one from 1979 still runs today, the one from 2015 won't run 2054.

>In Spain, in the 60-80s, only drunktards and mentally ill people were homeless and there was a law to put those people to work and rehab.
Don't have homeless people coming from abroad thanks to your mild climate and the free movement in EU? Kinda like California that gets bums from all over the country because of the climate.

No dumbass your average factory worker in the 50s and 60s could not afford all that. Possibly one shitty car if they saved up for decades and that house would be a teeny tiny house in an industrial slum located less than a mile from the factory with air quality so horrible it would be against the law today.

>So what gives?

Its a selective example. Vacuum cleaners have become cheaper to produce so their price has gone down.

Our consumer goods are becoming cheaper, less durable and more poorly made so we're still able to afford most of the same consumer goods despite stagnating wages; but our medical costs and food costs are going up as are property prices and debt.

The things that keep you comfortable stay affordable, (bread and circuses) but you have to work harder and harder and end up owning nothing while your capacity to climb the socio economic ladder and amass wealth disappears.

Attached: John Stossel finally snaps.jpg (750x408, 35K)

i bought one from the 90's for around 30€
that motherfucker would not only survive nuclear winter but has also a ridiculess amount of suction

those flimsy pices of shit from today can't compet

This. A vacuum cleaners as simple as the one pictured would probably $5 today.

same pattern probably goes back further as well
whys it happening?
THE JEWS ARE CREATING BUREACRACY TO PARASITE OFF US

Attached: consumerprices.png (1024x826, 128K)

Buy the corporate suit laptops and they're far more reliable and easier to source parts when something breaks. Used computers only 2 years old from a lease are sold cheap.

Dell - Latitude, Precision
HP - Probook, Elitebook
Lenovo - Their workstation line works well

I use a Precision laptop and the thing's easily hitting 6 years old with only a keyboard replacement as a repair item. Not too bad.

>manufacturing
Companies used to use a "sell product, then sell parts" approach to business. I rue the day when the corporate suit of the past said it's cheaper to produce chineseium and dump the old one at the landfill. Now it's just sell product, sell another one if it breaks.
>cars
Auto industry got fucked because American auto had an issue with making good cars. The drivetrains were amazing but the rest of the car was junk. Cars didn't get a sixth digit on an odometer because they wouldn't last that long.

It wasn't until Japanese auto came in and started pumping out reliable commuters that would do 200,000 miles with little fuss and operations demands in a market where an American car would rust out by 90k. After EFI it was all over. The last holdouts that reliably get American buyers in are pickup trucks, SUVs, and SUV-like cars, most of which only really work exclusively in the North American market.

Today, Japanese auto is having trouble with competition due to "value engineering" hitting parts of their cars that should never have been touched. Koreans are slowly swiping bits and pieces of their lunch with extra long frying chopsticks. Honda will get hit pretty hard, as their early adoption of turbochargers will probably see blown turbochargers in about 6 or 7 years down the line. They're not cheap either. Toyota will be fine with hybrid direct/port injection engine with selective Otto/Simulated-Atkinson cycle modes, Nissan will always have a steady base of poor credit customers, and Mazda will be fine in their little niche with HCCI being slowly adopted across their whole vehicle lineup.

>I smell Jewish deception.
Indeed.

(1979)
A] Price $98.98
B] Cost 15x$6.57 = 98.55
Profit = A - B = $0.40

(2015)
A] Price $48.84
B] Cost 2.3x21.08 = $48.484
Profit = A - B = $0.356

I don't think jew would just give away 4.4c of profit.
And also labor is only one cost. Where's the rest in this price? Marketing, shipping, etc.?

Attached: 7373BD335DF76A32EC982F1233E81EF5_img170817183037-92A0DB28.png (530x611, 423K)

I've had the same 80 dollar vacuum from Squall-Fart since 2015

Attached: AJones.png (309x313, 126K)

Riccar are the best of the best
If your autism is up for the challenge, watch some comparison youtube videos

>housewives
Myth and legends say they exist.
>taking about Best Vacuum
Why do I keep thinking that you two aren't actually women?

Attached: demoupright.jpg (300x331, 23K)

Travelling salesmen still exist?

You look at everyone in that picture and the salesman strikes you as the unrealistic one?

You're right, my priorities are all fucked up.

The carpet is too clean and white for a nigger household.

>85%
What a coincidence, that's the portion of consumer spending women control!