Why did Jump fuck over Kubo?

Why did Jump fuck over Kubo?

Why did Kubo fuck over Jump?

Actually, he was just a bad writer, they gave him many chances.

Is Bleach any fun?
I haven't read it, but I've heard that the last arcs are pretty inconsistent. I want to read it because it sounds like the perfect trainwreck.

No, if you want to enjoy something so bad it's good, watch Big Order or something.

To be fair, this cover was around the time they were trying really hard to promote Toriko since the mangaka was good pals with Oda. Obviously their plan ultimately failed.

Bleach at it's worst sold just as much as Toriko at it's best. Toriko shilling was one of the worst things ever

>Obviously their plan ultimately failed.

I blame the anime. God, what a shitty adaptation.

>Toriko shilling was one of the worst things ever
Even worse than the current BC shilling?

Are you new?

>Toriko
I still laugh.

At least BC's popularity is believable enough to get all the shillings it currently is getting.

Deserved it. Bleach went from the only battle shonen that I can look back on and say I enjoyed to actual trash in almost record time

>is getting the first four episodes screened at american theaters
Yeah no.

Pretty much, Toriko could be pretty hype when it wanted to be but it didn't know if it wanted to be silly or really dramatic and violent. Toei aiming the anime to small children didn't help.

I would've accepted if it was other series
but fucking TORIKO?
Glad their plan ultimately failed.

It was hardly ever dramatic.

It was for the most part silly over the top nonsense with lots of gore.

I love that Gintoki face

>toriko's editor is now dr stone's editor
>is shilling it like hell with first place rankings and bot video views
Makes me think.

Remember that One Piece x Dragon Ball x Toriko OVA?

Because Kubo hated Oda.

That statement's gonna follow him for the rest of his life

torikos editor is now the editor-in-chief of shonen jump

Why did Jump stop shilling Toriko?

Near the end it only sold 200K after all the shilling

kek

they tr

Toriko, what a joke

I'm surprised we don't see more of this bullshit with Black Clover. I guess they're trying to be really careful with this trainwreck this time.

What is the current shilled shit?

Dr.Stone is actually good though.

Bleach was doing alright (#3-5) until the Fullbringer arc.

The Fullbringer arc was rated decently for the most part

Looking closely, it seems the Arrancar and the Thousand Year Blood War arcs were the problem.

>supereyepatchwolf

user...

Just like BC then?

>e-celeb
>images.jpg

He hurt Oda's feelings

>got nr1 for the last fullbring chapter
>suddenly bottom 5 for 4 years straight
No tempering whatsoever.

>reborn and bakuman
Those were the times

remembering that show triggers my PTSD.

Man, just remembering how hard JUmp shilled for Toriko disgusts me, they let that shit near Luffy and Goku of all people? I'd say Naruto deserves to hang with those two over freaking Toriko, not only did he get shitcanned people almost immediately forgot he existed afterwards.

What happened between Oda and Kubo exactly?

Back when Kubo was just starting out in jump he got btfo by Oda and he stated since then he's hated Oda in a recent interview

He doesn't.

Oda is like the complete opposite of Kubo anyways.

So Oda is Kubo's Dinkleburg?

>got btfo by Oda
Really curious now. Was it just OP constantly killing Bleach in rankings and sales or something else or do we not know?

The grudge began before OP was even a thing

>implying it's not because Oda just does it for fun while Kubo has to outthink not just everyone but himself as well
>still doesn't make it to the top

Kubo said he "hated" Oda for beating him in a one shot competition. He was obviously joking so I have no idea why people are spreading it around as if it were the truth

>He was obviously joking
Even the translator said they're not sure if Kubo was joking or not.
If it were obvious enough they wouldn't have bothered saying that unless the translator just enjoys being a dickhead.

>Toriko, Luffy, and Naruto are supposed to be the ones you notice first
>look at it and immediately gravitate to Gintoki's stupid face
How do you mess up this bad?

I was listening. He was obviously saying it in a joking manner. He was a bit salty but he doesn't hate the guy

He made them waste too much ink.

>Reborn
>That poor man's Gintama
>That 100 demons something manga
>Shitdaka box

I am surprised these shit got serialized much less got more than 100 chapters. Bakuman is near there too, the author is truly a one hit wonder fag

The virgin Kubo vs the chad Oda pic when lads?

Why does Ichigo look so much more attractive than everyone around him in this cover?
It's like he's a supermodel photobombing a bunch of nerds

Because Kubo uses fashion models for ref

>Ugliest characters are the most prominent
Especially that Naruto

Why the fuck is Toriko at the front?

It'd be completely unprofessional for Kubo to say that if he wasn't 100% taking the piss and only an idiot would take the chance of letting your Superiors know you have beef with their cash cow.

Why did jump stopped considering Bleach as one of the big 3 when it was widely accepted as one of the big 3 by western anime fans?

They wanted Toriko to be the next big thing

but why fix something that isn't broken?
if bleach is still giving them sales despite the shitty quality then why push toriko?

There is no Big 3, there is only Big 1 ( One piece ). The Big 3 is a concept that is spread in the west only

the mangaka of toriko is bffs with oda. thats why.

but user, that cover in the OP contradicts your statement

I dont see any Big 3 there, user. It is One piece and two other guys. As it has always been

You can tell a lot about the personality of the mangakas just by their drawing style.

Why is Ichigo's thigh naked?

Big 3 is a western concept, simply because One Piece/Naruto/Bleach all got popular there at around the same time. In Japan, Bleach was never top 3.

Do you think peole wear pant under their hakama or what? Fucking fifthy gaijin

Herofags on suicide watch.

Who's the cutie between Ichigo and Sket Dance mc?

Go be a casual somewhere else

Holy shit wha? black clover is hot garbage, I don't believe this. I don't mind black clover existing, we need cliche shounens after all, but people expect way too much out of this series. It's FUCKING TRASH, it's not even in the same park as fairy tail.

Never thought I'd have to utter the sentence, "not as good as fairy tail" but there you have it. It's just so fucking predictable and boring without the fanservice to keep me watching, and I already know the next big "powerup" is literally just the kid getting two swords instead of one, whats the point in continuing? He'll never "become the wizard king" in our lifetimes anyway.

Because It became perfectly clear that Kubo didn't give a shit.

holy shit, black clover is the next Reborn
it all makes sense now

gintoki.. easy on the parfaits

Naruto volumes never sold as much as One piece volumes but it was always ranked as SJ's second most popular manga in polls. There was a big two in Japan.

>X was ranked as fourth
>the big four

Kubo fucked them over first

he's a great artist and great taste in fashion, he just can't tell a story for shit and even worse at pacing.

Because every character need some amount of forced depth and so everything needed to be stretched out. I mean just look at Hueco Mundo arc, if Kubo hadn't been told to stretch things out it would've been shorter. Let's be honest here, Bleach is an action manga that's at it's best when it's not being dragged out.

I think "not as good as fairy tail" is a fair comment. Fairy Tail was kinda decent in its early days. Black Clover on the other hand was terrible from day 1.

Ichigo is the best looking shonen protagonist ever.

Translators use to be entitled faggots,so he probably just couldn't understand the nuances of Kubo's speech.

Since when does Western fans' opinion matter?

>not bossun and gin

What's another series that got a big push from Jump and ultimately failed like Toriko?

As usual, Gon is gone. *badum tss*

Because Gintoki doesn't give a shit. Gintoki is more handsome and muscular than Ichigo.

Dragon Ball

Bleach's story is finished.
OP and Toriko is ongoing, Naruto lives on via Boruto.

>Toriko is ongoing

Toriko suffered an even worse rush job than Bleach

>Bleach
>rushed
Kubo could've ended it after Aizen was defeated, but he didn't.

The author handled it better than Kubo

>Had several years to plan out your ending
>Still shit the bed with the whole CLIFF HANGER AND 2DEEP4UXDDD shit like usual

>Why did Jump fuck over Kubo?

Kubo had 5 years to get his shit together and they gave him multiple breaks and hiatuses. At one point, Bleach got so bad it was ranked 17 out of 20, and series after rank 15 constantly get the axe. Kubo fucked himself up by being a hack that can't string a story and have it make sense.

>There's an angsty teen and there's this bad guy that wants to destroy the world and he's too strong and no one can stop him and he is become death destroyer of worlds
>And then?
>....What do you mean and then?