Baki Dou 181 translation

I genuinely hate anyone who had anything to do with the making of the text of this chapter

Baki Dou 181: If You Were to Eat

call me when they kill Musashi.

>Musashi: As far as the eye can see,
>M: Chisougahara.
>M: Eating...
>M: And eating...

TN: "Chisou" is just "banquet" or "feast" or whatever. It's a play on Sekigahara. Also, "hara" is "field". Musashi described this sight as a field before.

>M: And drinking...
>M: And drinking...
>M: Chisougahara;
>M: A field which should have no end.

>M: And eating.
>M: There is not even one dish left!

TN: Musashi uses a different phrase for "eating and eating" here, but there's no real way to translate the difference without improperly changing the connotation of the word(s).

>M: This solitude...
>M: Is just like Sekigahara!!!

>M: YOU ATE IIIT!
>Baki: What?
>B: What are you...?

>M: Heh-heh...
>M: So, it's like that.
>M: It is no longer being eaten by you.
>M: There is not so much as one grain left of your meal!!!

>M: You yourself are no longer a feast!!!
>M: AM I NOT CORRECT,
>M: HANMA BAKI!?
>B: Uh...
>B: Well...

>B: Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about.
>M: Fine.
>M: If you were to eat a poison, then you might as well finish the plate!
>M: If you were to eat the plate, then you might as well eat the tray!

TN: The poison line is a Japanese saying that equates to the English saying "in for a penny, in for a pound" - which means: 'once started, you should see something through to its end.' Musashi is continuously modifying the scale of the metaphor to emphasize the point. And to make a fucking pun - "bon" is both "tray" and "boy".

>M: If you were to eat the tray, then you might as well eat the person!
>M: That which shall be done,
>M: And that which shall happen, will not change now.

>M: Baki...
>M: I'm going to suck down every last drop of your blood.

>Ref: With the exception of firearms,
>R: The usage of all weapons is permitted.

>R: This includes the two swords in the center.
>R: You may use them or not; the choice is by your own volition.
>R: Also...
>R: This is what I was told by Goroukou:

>R: "This match...
>R: "Is something that will decide which one of them wins.
>R: "Fair play...
>R: "Goes only as far as it suffices; I want for it to be understood that fair play is a secondary concern."
>R: That is what he said.

>R: Huh?
>B: Wasn't necessary,
>B: That message.
>B: One who seeks enlightenment is one who hardens their outward appearance.
>B: This guy is history's worst rule-breaking demon.
>B: No matter how you try to control him,

TNs: Regarding the third-to-last line here: There's this made-up word, and I'm not 100% sure on how to parse it here. Remember how the word 'mimicry' was used in the context of Musashi pretending to be unconscious in Retsu vs Musashi? This is that word again, but one of the kanji is wrong. I have no idea if that's on purpose or not. But, this is Itagaki, for whom every other word is a neographism, so it's possible that this is a very deliberate neologism + neographism. "Mimicry" does not make much sense here, but it's what is written as the furigana. Ask Itagaki.
The "enlightenment" bit is a nontranslatable Buddhist-y word. Baki is alluding to the fact that Musashi is a Buddhist, I guess.

>B: He'll step all over "fair play".

>M: YOUR AID WASN'T NEEDED, TOKUGAWA!
>M: THE BOY ALREADY UNDERSTANDS MUCH!!!
>B: And, for a while now... This...

>B: This is...
>B: What......?

>B: Made of fresh cream?
>B: A...
>B: Palace!?

TN: *Not* the same word used in "palace of meat". This is gonna be fun to have to explain every week!

>R: To your starting positions!
>B: Seems... repulsively sweet.

End chapter.

Baki will be on break next week. When it returns on the 30th, it will get the front page of the magazine (a color page, of course) and something else. No word about Itagaki being sick or anything.

Itagaki sez:

People who stick laughs [wwwwws] after their own comments exist. This irritates me.

That's all for now. See you all on the 30th, I guess.

>Baki can no longer be enjoyed as a meal
>Musashi is edible but is sickeningly sweet
What did he mean by this?

Baki sees Musashi like Musashi saw him. Remember how, at the end of the Aizen saga, Aizen thought Ichigo had lost all of his powers? But then, it turned out that Ichigo had transcended to a level above Aizen, so far above that he couldn't detect his strength.

I think that's what's happening here, for whatever reason.

Wait, beastars is published in the same magazine of baki?

Yep. As is Yowamushi Pedal. Those greedy fucking bikes.

Anyway - why does this surprise you?

thanks translator kun

What the fuck
This is the ugliest manga I've ever seen, disgusing

>Baki being ahead of Musashi
But how the fuck did Baki level up so fast. I haven't read Dou past the scanlated chapters. What significant battles/training has he had
At the start of Dou, Musashi manhandled Baki and seemed very close to (or even at) Yujiro's level

But you gotta admit at least the anatomy is really good.

Will you let that faggot do another 50 minute "änalysis" video with your translations?

Where did this meme come from. Always reposted
Baki's art is definitely on the weird side, with weird shading and every character having bodies with what seem to be 0% fat, and some muscles are definitely made up, but overall it's not bad, and the author can draw faces decently. Like Hillary in pic related

No, it's terrible

>the author can draw faces decently
Have you fucking looked at the art in this chapter? Drawing Shillary from reference doesn't matter when his faces from imagination look fucking hideously bad like every other thing in this abomination

But it's not a meme i actually like the art unironically.Itagaki developed his own unique style and i feel like Baki would lose most of its charm if it actually had a generic artstyle.
Most of the background characters Itagaki draws are pretty generic and bland and i feel thats his way to differentiate his man characters as being superhuman monsters.

I guess Musashi's not taking Baki seriously and is treating this like a mere match, like when he fought Memetobe. Baki's going to draw out the demon at the centre of the palace first of all. Maybe he'll knock Musashi flat like Retsu did, but actually go for the easy kill. That should wake him up.

I have hated every moment of this arc, thanks for the TL

I've told him explicitly not to do it (publicly) and he tried to pay me off. I'm not going to dignify that kind of behavior with a response.

He got what can only really be described as migatte no gokui.

I think the "meme" he was referring to was the 'jesus christ that anatomy' guy.

It's quite amusing that he tried to pay you off while at the same time saying he does it out of appreciation for your work but he wasn't able to reach you.It's not like you guys are the only ones translating Baki or anything.

I'm more surprised that Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu is in that magazine. How can something so cute be in Baki's magazine?

>but he wasn't able to reach you
He was lying about that. I had messaged him well over a week prior to him claiming that he couldn't contact me. I posted proof of it, too, to embarrass him. That was when he tried to bribe me again.

Manga magazines don't tend to run by genre, they run by demographics.

Yeah i know that was pretty fucking hilarious,it's a good thing only a handful of autists are watching his garbage and he will probably fuck off soon enough.

Is Baki the most popular series in the magazine or is it YowaPeda?

うせろ、ゴミ
お前の通訳へた過ぎんだよ

Can you pass the link?

when's the anime coming out?

Late 2018, unfortunately.

Check the scanlation thread.

Yeah but, I'd like to know where he got it

Holy shit ! The author need to learn what is anatomy

My guess: the thing that changed with Baki the most from the start of Dou is how Baki sorta wants to kill Musashi now. Baki was a banquet for Musashi because of all the different techniques he had which Musashi didn't know of like the lightspeed jab. Musashi was interested in them so he wanted to taste them so he let himself get hit by them. They weren't really killing techniques like Musashi was used to. They were novel modern techniques that interested Musashi.

Now that Baki switched to a killing mindset, he's no longer the same banquet. Musashi now compares him to Sekigahara, like a warzone that Musashi is used to because Baki has the killer mindset which Musashi is all too familiar with. On the flip side, since this is Baki's step into the killer mindset, Musashi looks like a sickeningly sweet castle made of cream because Musashi is a killer of the highest order.

Source?

Because of nepotism

You're all coward as fuck, talking of people behind their backs like this, the guy's only trying to do things for the baki community, since none of them but the guy who publishes this translations does, he's actually paying for translations that even if they come later, they are better than this, and im not looking down at the work of this guy, im actually thankful to him, but you can't talk shit of people if you're not doing anything greater than them, so fuck off.

what are you talking about

Will Baki be able to pull it off?

He's never killed anyone besides that gorilla from the first series

Nah another 50 chapters of musashi dicksucking

wtf I hate Musashi now

He's only doing that after he stole translations from here,fuck off and kill yourself faggot.

>I thought this entire time Baki eating the meal meant he has consumed it for strength and energy
>LOLNOPE JAPANESE PROVERB
Fuck you Itagaki I'm still using my version for a personal work

What's with Baki fandom and money.

They are not related, Itagaki is a popular surname.

Wait so there was actual translator drama? Youtube? What?

Thank you for the translations!

Thanks for the translation hombre.

Thanks for the translation user

Can 100% oxygen Ippo defeat Baki?

Baki has tainted himself by going with the killer mindset instead of his usual self.
While musashi is pure like yujiro, it's possible all he's doing is getting a rise out of his opponents to throw them, he's not actually money, fame obsessed person.

Baki will lose but survive by someone in the audience sacrificing himself for him.

Thanks for the translation, bump while I read this.

>*Not* the same word used in "palace of meat"
So couldn't you say "castle"?

He didn't kill the gorilla, they became friends and Yujiro killed it later.

He did try to drop Sirkosky off a building, though.

>he's not actually money, fame obsessed person
Musashi is in it for the fame too, remember the conversation with Yujiro? The ogre even gave him shit for that.

Link of the source?

I want to start with Baki, do you recomend the anime?

It's bad. That being said the first serie is not fully translated so you might want to fill the gap with the anime.

Strong is Beautiful.

Even if your bones are broken.

Who are all these literal whos. Baki is in good company.

>Baki-Dou artist Keisuke Itagaki expressed his anger at the American election result (it's the figure in the center). Not for any political reason, though: he's frustrated by the "enigmatic structure" of Trump's hair
kek