Akira

What the fuck was this? This movie is one of the biggest most disjointed pieces of I have ever seen

Accidentally your post, user?

Transcendence.

Sorry, user. I haven't slept in a while

go to sleep

Yep. It's a story that absolutely doesn't fit in a movie, and it's told very badly.
I had read the manga twice when I watched the movie and barely could enjoy anything but the vibe.

No one praise akira for the story.

You know how most adaptations these days are made from unfinished manga still in progress, made solely for a quick cashgrab while the book is still at peak popularity and selling?

This movie is no different.

That's honestly the reason I like Akira so much. The disjointed nature replicates the feeling of how bonkers huge real life events can get. You're witnessing a fucking spectacle unfold.

You need to make sure that you once in a while

This

Read the manga pleb

I don't get what you mean. I had no trouble following at all

Really? What purpose did the annoying hoovering little chemotherapy patients have then?

I only watched the movie once and havent read the manga yet but I think the story is about a cycle of egoism and the selfishness of man turning into self sacrifice and self acceptance. The first part is Tetsou who, once he got power, took revenge on mankind. He did this because he had a pretty shitty life and wanted to get back at the world for the wrong doings it did to him. He thought he was treated unfair and that he deserved better. He stops caring about other people and how his actions might affect his surroundings and just acts on mere whims of his because he now stands on top of everyone else. The children resemble the opposite. If Tetsou is the antagonist of the movie, they are the good guys because they keep struggling against him, without regard of their own well being. The best example for this is when they wanted to save Tetsous friend(the biker leader whos name I am to lazy to google just now) and were prepared to die for that. Throughout the movie the children always do the exact opposite of what Tetsou does, creating the antithesis of Tetsous egoism. Tetsou himself at the end realizes his mistakes and accepts himself as he becomes a new universe, uttering the phrase "I am Tetsou". He came to terms with who he is, what happened to him and how he responded, fulfilling the cycle. In the new universe this cycle will probably begin anew because intelligent life always seems to act selfishly. You can see this in the flashback when the government experimented on children to crate weapons. Here Akira is the selfless one who sacrifices himself becoming essentially Jesus leaving his "bread", the body parts, behind and being born anew.

It's absolute horse shit.
>but muh animation

>but muh animation
What's wrong with the animation?

How? It's an excellent story

It's fantastic. The manga is utterly worthless.

How so? I was just thinking of reading it.

Did...you just answer him seriously? Dang

I wanted to structure my thoughts on the movie for a bit now and he gave me a reason. I didnt realize that it was that obvious

I suppose that user doesn't like the idea that the last arc of the manga turned into huge-scaled epic like LOTR or such.