Dragon Ball Super Powerlevels

I keep seeing thread after thread discussing power levels and trying to calculate Goku's power level in relation to other fighters since he keeps struggling against fighters we all know he should be destroying without breaking a sweat,

This leads to ridiculous number crunching based purely on speculation and stems from a false assumption regarding transformations that ultimately leads to people calling the power levels inconsistent when they are far from it.

While you may call this "head canon" its based on what we know from both Super and Z, what i'll argue is that when Goku or Vegeta transform they can choose how much of their base energy to use for the transformation, and the amount chosen gets multiplied depending on which transformation they decide to go through while the rest of their base energy pool remains unused while they are transformed, this essentially means that if Goku knows he has a strong fighter to fight like Jiren, but first he has to take care of some small fry, he still goes Blue because its his strongest multiplier, but he only transforms a tiny amount of base energy in order to conserve his base energy for the big fight.

This causes confusion since he's still in super saiyan blue form while struggling against some nobody, what most people dont realize is that he is cut off from his main supply of energy and can only work with whatever he decided was enough for the fight and cant top off unless he transforms a new batch of base energy.

Im basing this on the fact that we often see goku throughout this arc (but this was true even in Z) in some cases transform instantly without a stance or even making a sound, sometimes while flying even (usually when fighting fodder) while in other instances he takes his time to charge up and often screams too like before fighting jiren, The power up prior to the transformation is the indication of how much base energy he is using for said transformation.

>I keep seeing thread after thread discussing power levels
Yes, too much even without your help.

If you think back these ultra quick transformations often dont even produce an aura around him while the long ones with a power up do and also shake the entire stage.

The fact that the base pool of energy is separate and inaccessible while transformed is further supported by the fact that goku was recovering his energy while fighting Kale and Califula, i'd argue that he only used a minimal amount of base energy for all his transformations in that fight while recovering his base pool of energy, even the blue transformation was a quick one behind a smoke screen which indicates a small amount used for the transformation as it didnt have any effect on the surroundings.

im here to finish the discussion, theres no point of it when you understand that its inherently wrong to assume that a transforming saiyan multiples their entire base energy pool.

I'll add my analysis of the various transformation so people can understand why they use some and not others, this is also based on what we're told by goku and what we've seen in Z/Super.

>SSJ
a decent multiplier that costs almost nothing to maintain.

>SSJ2
achieved by transforming a first set of base energy and then transforming a second set of base energy on top of the first, obviously much stronger and double the energy to maintain.

>SSJ3
Strong but extremely draining to maintain so you dont have long in it.

>SSG
I personally thin this form has no multiplier but only transforms the base energy into god energy, this explains why the hair doesnt change shape and why is costs nothing to maintain, the power it gives is purely from the fact that god energy is much stronger then the regular kind.

>SSB
Basically a combination of SSG and SSJ, transforms the base energy into god energy but also provides a multiplier, probably costs as much as SSJ to maintain.

I think the new Super fighters don't transform is a good indicator that power levels don't matter.
You'll see so many people wondering how certain characters can fight other characters

Honestly i think the whole concept of power levels became irrelevant the second we had transformation since again you can choose how much to transform, but even if there were no transformation i still think a fighter with a power level of 500,000 can beat a fighter with a power level of say 800,000 simply by using more energy in a shorter period of time, the stronger fighter could match that energy for longer but that depends on the stronger fighters ability to gauge the amount needed for defense, this is how i believe gohan was able to overwhelm freeza in while being in base back on namek, he just outputted everything he had in an instant and freeza misjudged, wasnt enough to cause real damage but you get what i mean.

a better example of this would be vegeta's final flash against cell, cell was much stronger but still got rekt, anyone without regeneration would have been dead.

Can someone tell me how Kaoken x10 SSB Goku stood ZERO chance against Kale, however Kalfa has trouble.

Kalfa should mop the floor with him.

hidingyourpowerlevels.nani

this
kale was so strong that jiren had to step in and take her out because no one else could, that was his call to action

ssjbkx10 goku couldn't even touch jiren

Did you read the OP? When goku transformed to blue he did it quite quickly, he did have an aure around him after the transformation so he did use a little bit more power then he usually does against fodder but still not enough to over power her, i suspect because LSS has a much higher multiplier then regular old super saiyan and bolsters defense heavily making the user very durable, but the berserk mode uses up energy quickly as its always fighting at max power.

the fact that jiren beat her without breaking a sweat shows you how weak she really was, and goku didnt even use KK when fighting her what are you even talking about?

>Kaoken x10 SSB Goku stood ZERO chance against Kale
Are you retarded? He never sued Kaioken against her and for his Kamehameha he was not at full power. Her own attacks didn't do much against him.
>kale was so strong that jiren had to step in and take her out because no one else could, that was his call to action
He intervened because she was attacking everyone and everything.

This, she was literally too loud and annoying for jiren to stand.

If goku transformed the same amount of energy he used to fight jiren he could have backhanded her out of the galaxy.

When does the episode air?

Hahahaha sure

and that proves what?

He never used Kaioken SSB you stupid failure of life.

>While you may call this "head canon"
That's exactly what it is, now fuck off.
Power levels are bullshit. They realized that they can't have anything resembling a normal fight with how high the power levels have gotten so they just made power arbitrary, decided purely by narrative convenience.

>This, she was literally too loud and annoying for jiren to stand.

No, clearly he saw Kale enough as a threat to take out.
Nothing shows he was annoyed.

He proves that Goku was getting his ass handed.

No

>a false assumption regarding transformations
>they can choose how much of their base energy to use for the transformation
Not only are you retarded, but you're also a hypocrite.

The meme is supposed to be like some Spanish kids fanfiction. How does this work out?

Power levels are meaningless. The battles have to remain the same else the galaxy will be erased and some characters will have no reason to be present.
Frieza is the ultimate example of that. He remained unchanged after his defeat to Trunks post-revival from the Namek ark. Then after a couple months he's suddenly on God-level.
Saiyans' power gain is pretty silly, but this takes the cake. A little time in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and Frieza would clear house.

Looks like Goku's hair is spiking up a bit more after entering UI for the second time. Maybe UI is a state he can only achieve momentarily while tapping into/burning up all his energy. Wasn't it implied that there could be thousands of different super saiyan forms depending on the ki used and how it was applied?

SSB is basically SSG2 with his ki under control. Initially he couldn't hold SSG very long because of the stress its raging ki put on the body.

>because of the stress its raging ki put on the body
What are you talking about? The ritual just wore off.

Whis said something to that effect, that Goku wasn't controlling his ki and therefore he wasn't getting everything out of his god form. Freeza even shows us how he has mastered calm ki (blue) and violent ki (red).

Anyone got the gohan time travelling pages?

seconding this.

Anyone?

only people weaker than freeza final form have power levels. after that its just a contest of who's a better fighter with chi control, speed, form. ect.