Sup Forums is IQ a meme?

Sup Forums is IQ a meme?

my father had a iq test and got 130. he doesnt believe in iq and therefore im searching for clues if IQ has any connection to intelligence.

Attached: 1521566544674.jpg (720x718, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/the-validity-of-iq/
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/cultural-bias-on-iq-tests/
translate.google.li/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.cicero.de/kultur/iq-tests-intelligenz-der-mythos-hochbegabung/60823&edit-text=
yahoo.com/news/the-16-smartest-people-on-earth-24252591.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This thread is low iq and belongs in /sci/

Read "The Bell Curve"
The score is repeatable, ergo it exists.
The score is correlated to many things we associate with intelligence, so it is meaningful.
Your father is free to play semantic games with the meaning of the word "intelligence", but it is what it is.

If you throw out IQ then you have to throw out literally every other psychological metric as well, because none of them is as scientificly grounded as IQ.

Sorry your father was a dumb ass.

IQ is the best way to quantify intelligence. Its been used by the US military to identify high achievers for decades. Intelligence is very much genetic but neural plasticity is gargantuan. You can definitely improve far beyond your base median.

IQ tests are also timed which a lot of people don't know.

>implying seeing and recognizing a retarded kid requires any kind of scientific endeavor.

IQ does not follow the scientific method so it is not scientifically grounded, just strongly believed in because even scientists are superstitious.

Also, if IQ was a meme, you'd logically be able to find at least a sizeable amount of low scorers in the top an aptitude driven field.

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/the-validity-of-iq/
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/cultural-bias-on-iq-tests/

This is because an IQ test administer can just give bonus points to famous smart people. Do you believe in earnest that there are no ivory tower with a low IQ?

Only the doctor that administered the test to them knows they failed it.

he usally watch conspiracy theories like ancient aliens and so on. i used to do the same when i was twelve but stopped because i didnt believe it anymore. maybe you have a point. but iq is different. i have heard iq is more of how good pattern recognition you have. conspiracy theories have a lot of patterns.

>Hey eastside Doc, let me show you how high my IQ is.
>writes big check
doc: Wow user! Exceptional!

How many people with a dead even 100 IQ have PhDs in mathematics do you think? Is it higher or lower than the number of people with 110 IQ?

Are you suggesting that a statistically significant number of iq tests are determined by doctors on the east side?

Yes, when looking at a sample of ivory tower contestants and not inner city burb concentration camp kids getting streamlined for their future.

Lets design a Love Quotient test, we'll call it LQ.
We'll test pairs of individuals. It will be designed to test their affection for eachother.

I guarantee you that:

The results will be repeatable.
The results will correlate to many things we associate with love, such as divorce.

Does that mean that love is a thing? That can be measured?

No you fucking idiot. It's just a label for a bunch of different behaviors that we dont really understand, scientifically speaking. It's a fucking useful label, and everyone gets to put whatever into it makes the most sense for them, so we keep using it. Just like with intelligence.

What are you - a child? You believe in Santa too?

Attached: stupid-lives-matter-funny-fridge-magnet-ep--12114-p.jpg (1800x1114, 120K)

>Sup Forums is IQ a meme?
Both Hitler and Stalin banned IQ tests. Come to your own conclusions.

This is a valid way to argue your point, I commend you, but you're assuming several things:

1. That there aren't people with Mathematics PhDs who don't deserve them.
2. You assume that you aren't prohibited from even steering in the direction of a mathematics PhD by a university if you don't have 120+ IQ because they do test it.

It's prohibited, but Richard Feynman's IQ was lower than mine by more than a deviation and I doubt that I'm better at math.

He just didn't bribe the doctor.

Attached: 19DD729D-D27B-4CF6-993F-A5E94B1A802F.jpg (464x272, 17K)

>my father had a iq test and got 130

My father was in Mensa.
He died miserably and broke.
IQ is meaningless, social skills are the essential factor for a successful life.

Lot of unsophisticated sales people make fortunes selling cars and houses. Why? they understand what other people want and need.

Social skills - learn them.

Attached: Radass-Daily-Photos-112917-020.jpg (600x390, 29K)

No other psychometric measure has been tested and validated more than IQ. It's not even close.

It is specifically a measure of how many simultaneous abstractions can you hold in your mind - and manipulate - simultaneously.

t. >140 IQ brain chad

>Also, if IQ was a meme, you'd logically be able to find at least a sizeable amount of low scorers in the top an aptitude driven field.
That is exactly what happens, though.

translate.google.li/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.cicero.de/kultur/iq-tests-intelligenz-der-mythos-hochbegabung/60823&edit-text=

>There are two well-known studies on the study of gifted people: the Terman study and the Marburg gifted one . Both came to the conclusion that highly gifted people are generally mentally stable students, not particularly noticeable and with a normal social life. They study after school and develop into successful adults. No geniuses of the century, but in leading positions of society.

>Two later Nobel Prize winners for physics, William Shockley and Luis Alvarez, were not included in Terman's study as children due to low IQs. None of the more than 1,500 participants in this study has even won anything like an award such as the Nobel Prize. Not only Shockley and Alvarez are prominent examples. Richard Feynman, James Watson, and EO Wilson were all in the 120 range for IQ testing. In fact, not a single outstanding scientist whose IQ is known was gifted!

>Even more extreme is the case of Henri Poincaré. The eminent mathematician has been tested by several psychologists throughout his life. Among others, Alfred Binet the father of the IQ test. His verdict was that if he had not known that he was one of the greatest mathematicians of all time, he would have classified him as mentally retarded .

Read the article, it's written by one of the 16 highest IQ individuals in the world (IQ 178).

yahoo.com/news/the-16-smartest-people-on-earth-24252591.html

tl;dr: IQ is Jewish pseudo science (no the article doesn't name the Jew).

t. Mensa-level

(You) #
A high IQ is one of the main requirements for door work. Everyone thinks it’s just about being a hard man, but most nightclubs these days insist on PHD lever bouncers

Attached: 0103D8DA-D4C4-44CB-8DF8-673190AD0CE7.jpg (634x474, 75K)

Just because the best predictor of life success is social skills does not mean IQ is not meaningful. Jesus.

Why is the IQ post flooded with low IQ brainlets???

>being autistic enough to think human intelligence is simple enough to encapsulate within a single number

IQ is a mental dickwaving stat which vaguely maps to a person's ability to think gud
Anyone who pretends its the be all end all is a brainlet, actual intelligence is abstract beyond current human comprehension.

Some other metric not working doesn't make another more credible.

What you just described is pseudo science.

>I'm smarter than all those people who are more successful than me, my IQ test says so!

There are items on an IQ test that some humans could never figure out properly given even infinite time.

What is the difference between such people that can reason through it and those that can't? If you think it's arbitrary you're profoundly retarded.

I'm high IQ but my older much more successful much more intelligent brother is low IQ.

Literally not even close to what I said or was getting at, or reality itself. I feel bad just considering how dumb you'd have to be for that to be the takeaway

i just said if iq had any connection to intelligence.

not

>think human intelligence is simple enough to encapsulate within a single number

african immigrant nigger here -
i got a 130 too and I was skeptical on how reliable IQ test is/was but I'm doing way better than anyone else in my age group (no matter what race) so I guess it could be right.

Depends on what constitutes life to you, how comfy is your barrel?

If you think there can only be one reason, or that you can know that reason on assumption and gumption, then you are an airhead.

You sound like a massive faggot.

Just because IQ is "meaningful" does not mean you can derive any real value from it. It's a meme and like any meme that grows out of control it's birthed parasite establishments that exist solely to propagate it in their own self interest. Were a superior metric to appear it would be smothered in its crib.
IQ exists solely for self-absorbed preening and status games.

>this post answers the question but is ignored
Every time.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

DO LOW IQ PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS?

LET ME GUESS, CIRCUMCISION IS CLEANER, TOO? HAHAHAHHAHA

>DO LOW IQ PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS?
No. High IQ people do.

IQ is pattern recognition. If you think that has no relevance on being able to problem solve then you're just a moron.

yeah sorry. but sometimes i get egoistic + i detest my dad. i hope he gets cancer. he kicked me out of his house when i was 15 and had to live with my shit mom.

If I can consistently figure out abstract puzzles more accurately and efficiently than you, there is a difference in our brains, and this is a highly reliable measure.

I'm terribly sorry your brain isn't great at processing abstractions with speed and accuracy but go cry about it.

Yeah, no. We don't.

B-but my CIA Yahoo/business insider article by Shlomo Sprung said IQ means nothing!!! Retard

your dad sounds like an asshole.

>tfw you score higher than Feynman, Watson and many Nobel prize recipients but your life's still a total failure

Attached: 1521419360074.png (633x758, 335K)

>IQ is pattern recognition. If you think that has no relevance on being able to problem solve then you're just a moron.
Did you read the article I linked? Obviously not.

You're an idiot, plain and simple. Your IQ doesn't change that.

You aren't in the 170-180 range.

>Jews say IQ doesn't matter
Uh-huh.

An IQ of 130 isn't all that impressive when it comes to university level whites. You need an IQ above 145 to see that every part of this world is theater (from Jewish Iran to Jewish Hitler to Jewish North Korea, etc.).

There is no superior metric - every time somebody has tried to quantify intelligence differently from IQ it has turned out to just be IQ in disguise.

If you can't think of good applications of such a metric, that's a lack of imagination on your part, not objective reality....

when my mom was low on money he said to her to become a whore.

Yes, just read up on the history of IQ. You'll see how it's completely based on untested (((psychological))) theories and it's measuring method is constantly being changed for no good reason. In fact it's changed every year so that the average world IQ remains at 100. Remember that IQ test you took last year? Well, take it again this year, give exactly the same answers and the result will be lower only because the world's average IQ increased three points since then. That's how retarded IQ tests are.

I don't care to check out a propaganda article written by a phony. Anyone with a high IQ knows how fucking easy it is to guess a person's IQ within a range of 10 and that it has an obvious reflection in their abilities and gee, their intelligence.

Woah, it's strange that you assume my disagreement stems from some kind of inferiority complex. Please don't project onto me.

I was high IQ as a second grader and high IQ again as an adult. It's a meaningless measure though.

If you want to hire someone to solve puzzles you find a guy that goes and solves puzzles, not some guy who has a sheet of paper saying he's good at it, retard.

According to psychologists, IQ is one of the big success factors in life. According to them, both sexes select their mates for high intelligence.
I think the psychologists are correct. This does not mean that every high IQ person will be successful.

>you score higher in an apparently arbitrary test
So do I. The difference is that I can recognize that the test must be bullshit then since I am not as smart as the math and science geniuses, even if I apparently run the better CU (I obviously don't, though).

Since I'm from martial arts, that's like saying I can break more boards than Mike Tyson (higher IQ than Feynman), but my punch is weaker (in reality, he's smarter than me), how can this work? Easy: Breaking boards (IQ test) obviously doesn't correlate with punching power (Intelligence).

Logical thinking. Learn it.

You obviously don't have that high of an IQ. What is it, 135? 142? Wowee!!

what a cunt :(

Attached: 1322796219001.png (500x382, 57K)

I 100% agree with you aryanbro, I was just letting myself vent out some of my frustration

Do you not what education is, Hanswurst?

Yes and I can give two people spelling tests and one will consistently outscore the other too, so we might as well replace IQ tests with spelling tests.

Spelling requires knowledge that you learn. An IQ test measures pattern recognition, or your ability to learn. Another genius circumcised jew slave.

You probably don't even know what happens next when you get a high score.

You're goalposting hard and your just going to make a fool of yourself if you continue.

IQ is a ploy to trick able-minded individuals into believing they will never be smart enough to work anything other than low-end jobs. A false trap.

What happens next? I scored 150 and got put in the best school in NYC. What happened to you? Mommy gave you a McDonald's shamrock shake?

we're gonna have the proof that white women want the bbc

dont do it white bois

Pattern recognition is learned too.

"okay" nigger

>got put into
>talking about independence issues
Hahaha.

When you get a high score on an IQ test, you get asked to take another test for high scorers.

So you don't have a rebuttal.

IQ is how smart you CAN be, not how smart you are. A person with a high IQ can still be uneducated, and a person with low IQ can still memorize facts.

Well I probably did more than one test, I was a kid at the time. Ya got me!! xDDD

Maybe that's because I think you're stupid.

Remember how I said I scored well in second grade AND as an adult?

How I told you you're digging a hole because you don't actually know what you're talking about?

Just because I disagree with IQ as a meaningful indicator of success or intelligence doesn't mean that I scored badly on it.

Just so you know, most high IQ elementary schoolers are NOT high IQ adults.

IQ allows you to measure most of your cognitive abilities, even if some are ignored or if some pretend that it is not exhaustive enough to judge someone's intelligence based on these criteria.

For my part, I did one and got 151, and I'm perfectly conscious of my amazing memory, ability to formulate great speeches and nice texts (in my native language obviously), to reason very rapidly and understand complex issues that most of the people do not. So not, it is certainly not a meme. But it doesn't mean you'll be successful or an apparent genius, in fact to have a superior intelligence may be considered as a mental disability because many people will not understand your way of thinking, like it is for low-IQ.

You're delusional. Intelligent people are social butterflies, they are beautiful, athletic, strong, well adjusted.

Abused or neglected or otherwise damaged intelligent people might not be.

Being a pariah is a sign of low intelligence since you can't even adapt to your basic environment.

I just use IQ like processing power.

Score high and it could be because of higher clockspeed (raw power) or better instruction sets (better use of each cycle).

But with that said high IQ doesn't make you smart by default. A good brain doesn't necessarily mean a good head on their shoulders. Ever hear the saying, "People do dumb things with smartphones?" A device with so much power and accessory equipment that would have easily cost half a million dollars ten years ago is now in everyone's pocket, and it's used to play casuul gaems and implode relationships on social media.

>literal measure of intelligence
>all criticisms today were brought up and dealt with decades ago
>we can measure the IQ of a fucking animal with it
>but it's not good enough you guys

I never claimed you did score badly since, y'know, you already mentioned your experience taking one. Nice strawman, I suppose. Having a high IQ doesn't mean you can't be delusional.

>the thing proves itself
IQ baby.

your i.q. is only as meaningful as what your greymatter will permit you to do with it op

I'd love to see a LQ test. If a certain demographic scores below average in it, the REEEE it would cause would be hilarious.

Now how would the test go?
>admiration
>respect
>loyalty
>trust
>lust
>etc.

You don't seem very knowledgable on the topic. that's what I said it could be a mental disability. The statistics they tell you when you pass the test are that 1/3 of high-IQ are successful, 1/3 average and 1/3 underperforming, which is something perfectly understandable.
Not only your way of thinking is different, but in fact your brain too: it has a tree structure, which can be either very useful or very handicapping.
Although for my part I actually am able to adapt myself to my social environment, I am not autistic nor an introvert, but it is not related to your IQ. I could be socially more successful, but I don't wish to.
Those who grown up isolated and developed their own thoughts and specialities which do not concern the normal people might not be socially integrated at all.
Basic social skills are not a sign of strong cognitive capacities, especially when the society has sunk so deep in the trash.

It is a scientifically valuable metric but it is also culturally bias

... Empathy, duh

Certain races lack this.

yes it's a meme, you can have the highest IQ in the world but if you spend all your life on Sup Forums you're still a retard

what the fuck is cultural about patterns? Abos don't need to problem solve and that's a cultural and not an evolutionary factor? Okay

If you spend your life on Sup Forums with a high IQ that's indication of mental illness, doesn't negate your high problem solving skills

How would you design a written test, which you could never ever get better at - no matter how hard you trained?

That's the bar for an IQ test that would work the way you believe it works.

Golly gee I wonder which ones?

Attached: there is someone in this picture.png (426x503, 754)

Some Asians can be high up there, too.

There is absolutely no"cultural bias" with am IQ test. IQ metrics are against other individuals. If you can't understand the questions them you're probably an idiot anyway, or you don't speak the language. Neither of those things implies any kind of bias within the test, which is designed to specifically test individual performance.

if you're bragging about your iq that means you haven't actually done a god damn thing otherwise worth bragging about despite having it so

Social science is worthless garbage, social structures and politics are not objects of scientific inquiry. Social science has nothing enlightening to reveal about the human animal or our social constructs, and its main function is to give an objective, empirical veneer to political propaganda.

You've changed my opinion on this, thinking of the feral children studies.

But a feral child works against the validity of IQ, since how would you administer one, and would their survival skills be superior to the monkey's?

Yet we know they are more intelligent. Language is programmed in us to be learned, but it has to be learned, I find it hard to believe that pattern recognition is different. We have base instinctual pattern recognition just as we instinctually cry, but we have to learn beyond that.

What makes you think that? Insecurity? Cutslave

Feral children are traumatized, they suffer from mental illness. Not just lack of education...

it's not the size of the gun it's how you use it.
Grinding is the only thing that will ever get you anywhere. Some people learn things quicker, that's how it is. If you've got to work twice or thrice or even four times harder than someone, do it. Be a winner, not a loser

Feral Child Culture
vs
Canadian kid

Are you guys really that bad?

Okay how about the clicking tribe then.