Why do people hate Subaru for being a loud, obnoxious, selfish...

Why do people hate Subaru for being a loud, obnoxious, selfish, egocentric attention whore with low self-esteem but love Asuka?

that side of him is a facade though.

Because she was cute and was actually in a good show.

Because that part of him is fake as fuck. When he doesnt act like a total ass he's pretty great.

He's a white knight on top of it all.

I hate them both

It's ok if it's a cute girl

I like Subaru and hate Asuka.

Since we're all pretending all the time, you are who you pretend to be, regardless if you'd like to actually be different

Teenage girls are expected to act that way, especially if you're some world-class elite. Subaru has no excuse.

He has penis, I hate penises.
Asuka a best.

Asuka has to pilot a giant robot to fight off giant monsters while Subaru is just a fucking bitch.

Because we weren't meant to root for Asuka (until I guess EOE)

I hate Asuka
Subaru is a cool guy though

I like both

He's a delusional faggot who wants to find escapism in a fantasy world. Doesn't even have the courtesy to make his disillusionment be funny as with Konosuba.

>liking usaka
Speak for yourself faggot.

Asuka suffers massively after her ego gets destroyed which leads to accepting her own securities in EoE and obtaining a will to live. She ends up surviving even past her death due to either said will or her connection with Shinji.
While Subaru suffers for his ego technically he doesn't lose anything because of it. He spends the last few episodes hyper-competant after being talked up by a girl who loves him and he gets another girl in the end by acting the same he did in episode 1 despite this exact behavior being what turned her off. There's no growth, just stagnation and the same cycle of Cocky -> Overwhelmed -> Cocky. There's no real stakes or consequences to his actions.
What I'm saying is the difference is Subaru is in a bad show and Asuka a better one.

Not entirely teue. Take note how he is like around Ram, beako and otto. Also the potato.

Because he's not a character from mobage called FGO, he also stole Emilia from them and your Gudas.

>he gets another girl in the end by acting the same he did in episode 1 despite this exact behavior being what turned her off.
I fucking knew it. This is why I dropped it when his autistic ass thought it was emilias problem for getting annoyed with him knowing the author would back him up. Glad I got out while I still could