Ok so far whe have deconstruction of mecha(Eva), Magical girl(Madoka), and even shonen (One punch Man...

Ok so far whe have deconstruction of mecha(Eva), Magical girl(Madoka), and even shonen (One punch Man, kinda) so wath other genrte needs a deconstruction

Isekai offcourse

Anime needs to be completely eradicated.

Madoka is not a deconstruction. Eva is barely one. Haven't watched OPM so don't know about that.

Stop using buzzwords you don't understand fuckface.

Fate/Stay Night is actually a deconstruction of shounen, or at least that of a shounen protagonist.

good one

he isn't lying.

>so wath other genrte needs a deconstruction
space opera
and harem

Good bait

OPM isn't a good deconstruction of shonen. It somewhat tries to deconstruct powerlevels in general, but there's a lot more to deconstruct in shonen than that. It also plays a lot of shonen tropes completely straight, just lampooning them.

A shonen deconstruction would need to address hot-blooded protagonists, edgy rivals, waifubait and friends that serve mostly as cheerleaders, rage/friendship power-ups, tournament arcs, a whole lot of shit. I'd love to see a gritty example that addresses all these things.

One Punch Man is not even remotely a deconstruction. I don't even see how you could try to argue that. Anyway you fail to mention the deconstruction of harems (school days).

SoL romance with love triangles

What do you think Monster Musume was?

OPM>Madoka>Eva

Isekai

Every shoujo romance manga is a deconstruction of that.

Madoka>Eva>OPM

re:zero but only the LNs

Konosuba

Shojo. Though I guess Utena did that In a way

>ITT OP uses buzzwords to sound smart
Neither Madoka nor OPM are deconstructions. Not even close.

>deconstruction

can we stop the pretentiouness already?

Utena is more of a deconstruction of magical girls than Madoka

NGE is an antiwar mecha story by the numbers. The only things that get deconstructed are personal barriers.

>hot-blooded protagonists, edgy rivals, waifubait and friends that serve mostly as cheerleaders, rage/friendship power-ups
all of this is addressed in Fate/Stay Night

Smartphone

>he says, on Sup Forums- anime and manga
Being pretentious is the only thing this board has going for it. Once that's gone I'm out.

>What is F/SN

>Madoka
>OPM
>deconstructions
Why do so many people have no idea what a deconstruction is?

A deconstruction is when a work explores individual tropes of it's genre and focuses on the believable, often overlooked consequences of these tropes (actually showing collateral damage in EVA, for example). It is NOT doing something slightly different for 2-3 episodes before reverting back to cliche.

>focuses on the believable, often overlooked consequences of these tropes
>Mobile Suit Gundam simultaneously created and deconstructed the real robot genre

One, learn to english, ESL. Second, shounen isn't a genre, newfag. Lurk moar

Deconstruction is literally a meme, a disgusting and pretentious meme. You cannot create something via "deconstruction", its a means of criticism, not of creation. Any use of the word "deconstruction" to refer to a work that Ive seen used, including this guy and this thread is just some pretentious cunt that's trying to refer to a work thats subverting tropes or expectations and they call it deconstruction for whatever reason, probably to sound smart.

A deconstruction is when a works examines the assumptions behind a character archetype or genre. For example, one deconstruction in Madoka is, "wouldn't a being that intentionally makes itself look cute actually be kind of nefarious instead of the kind/caring mascot character normally seen in other magical girl shows?".

I'll give you the first one, but
>edgy rival
Doesn't have one. By edgy I mean the brooding type, dark motif, quiet, I-have-to-be-better-than-you complex.
>waifubait
Ehh, HF kinda touches a bit on this one, but didn't go as far as I'd have liked.
>friends that mostly serve as cheerleaders
There are no cheerleaders in F/SN. The characters are either straight-up participants or don't get involved in fights, period.
>rage/friendship power-ups
Shirou's magic circuit is for the most part played as a determination power-up rather than any of those two.

And Eva is a work of criticism (one that backfired, but still), so calling it a deconstruction is appropriate.

>It is NOT doing something slightly different for 2-3 episodes before reverting back to cliche
Literally when did this happen in Madoka?

deconstruction of Boku no Pico

Kyubey isn't a deconstruction of the mascot character though.

Assuming every mascot character in Mahou Shoujos are kind and caring is wrong. Some mascots like Luna in SM and Chu-Chu in Utena have either different personalities and/or motives.

Tokyo Ghoul is the ultimate shounen deconstruction

Madoka is a bog standard magical girl show. The only trick it has up it's sleeve is the sudden tone shift after the first character death. Other magical girl shows have tackled dark themes frequently, even ones aimed at children like Pretty Cure.

Deconstruction of cute loli/shota moeshit

>its a means of criticism
That's what certain works do with either genres or common ideals/themes so none memers labeled them as deconstructions. Than memers, trying to sound smart, called shows that never tried to criticize anything, like NGE or Madoka, deconstructions.

Of course there's always going to be exceptions but you would be crazy to deny that a majority of mascot characters aren't portrayed as helpful creatures.

A deconstruction of deconstruction anime.

Magical girls turning into the monsters they were meant to fight is not deconstruction. Extraterrestrials using the souls of said magical girls as power plants is not deconstruction.

Was Eva the first mecha show that tackled dark themes?

That's a subversion.

Medaka box tries to deconstruct Slice of Life, fighting shonen, romantic comedy and manga in general.
Also,
>Zenkichi, my life has no meaning without you, wherever I go I need you to be happy. Will come with me?
>No.
Zenkichi went from subservient pushed-around lapdog to real man fast.

Absolutely not.

Eva took inspiration from numerous sources, including older Mecha anime like Ideon.

Eva is not a deconstruction.

Am i wrong if i say Nichijou is deconstruction of Slice of Life ?

Sup Forums is a deconstruction of the anime community.

I have trouble understanding what deconstruction even is. I read that the concepts applies in certain things, like when reading a text and finding the basic ideas and analyze every bit and understand how it was created. And I don't see how this applies to Eva, Madoka or OPM.

Re Zero is a deconstruction of Isekai.

A deconstruction of human extinction.

We're the real deal, though. We actually paid attention to what was being shown and what it represented. So yeah, maybe we are a deconstruction. We're certainly edgy enough. Some of us even reference Pascal.

Now and Then, Here and There.

Never post again

Making something edgy isn't a deconstruction.

true, Made in Abyss is so fucking sick that makes us think if this anime was rather written by a pedophile

Is it worth watching?

>Best Dad
>Kills/Defigurates hundreds of children as experiments

Kinda yes, but be ready for weird shit.

Shock and pain is just a tuesday to me unironically.

I hope that includes 8 year olds bleeding from every orifice they have, literally.

Your face deserves a deconstruction, fag.

For example of I take every concept that makes a shounen. Those would be a young MC, something special like a power up and a friendly rival, and v training arcs. If I take an element from that list and alter it with something like a serious MC or hyper realistic battle rules. Does that makes a deconstruction?

Hentai

Deconstruction is when you take a trope or plot device, or set of tropes and devices, such as the borderline tsundere girlfriend or the harem plot, and remove some of the narrative blind spots that make the story work. For example, a story that sets up a tsundere and then actually acknowledges the fact that she's abusive and cruel could be considered a deconstruction of the tsundere trope. If the tsundere is part of a harem of typical one-dimensional waifu personalities and the show explores how the dandere was traumatized by something, the autismo girl has self-esteem issues, and the protagonist is actually an asshole who is fully aware of what the girls want and is trying to figure out how he can pump and dump as many of them as possible before they figure out what a shitbird he is, that's a deconstruction of the harem genre.

>and even shonen (One punch Man, kinda)
If you're going to argue OPM as a deconstruction, it'd be a deconstruction of superheroes, not shonen. And even then Samurai Flamenco is better.

Bullshit.

Okay now I'm definitely interested.

Moar.

There's worse stuff on /d/.

>edgy
how can anybody possibly interpret Now and Then, Here and There as edgy.
Middle school me would have enjoyed it if it was edgy.

It's more about what deconstruction does than anything which is to reconstruct -- so yes, it's still a deconstruction but not wholly.

>learn to english
>english
>e

Now I want to watch something like that. I'm imaging a bunch of of complex girls getting dumped and going through detailed anguish because of it, and the mc picking some damaged sub in the end who doesn't care how much of an asshole he is, and the theme being the reality of relationships or something. Imagine how many people this show would piss off.

You can probably already find something like that as a shoujo manga.

School days is a light version of that

Ok you are right is more a parody than a deconstruction i could use HxH as example instead of One Punch Man but i want to be quick besides a lot of peolpe still were going to sat that HxH isn not a deconstruction wit a little bit of reazon

SamFlam deconstructed toku shows but no one watched toku shows here to realize it

MMMMMMh i havent watched yet but for wath i heard maybe you are right or maybe is more a parody than a deconstruction

Good example i havent watched yet but i heard good thigs of it and also i think that is a deconstruction of shojo and magical girl but dont believe me, im just a fool who havent watch it yet

I imagine victimizing children and cartoonishly evil villain might have something to do with that.

That's nota guide, those are examples
what a dumb image

Some user said that something to be a parody first it has to go through a deconstruction

Maybe, is other show that i havent watched but the premise has potential: send to a fantasy world where you can be a her just kidding is a horrible world and yourare now an slave, i only hope that it not become too edgy

i said kinda but you are right

Resultados de búsqueda

I dont give a shit if you are arguing about what is or isnt a deconstruction or about what new genre can be deconstructed. I cant posibly be more happy of have created this thread. Thank you guys i love you all , im proud of you.

Fate is just a shonen in novel form with sex scenes. Nothing analytical about it.

is it possible to deconstruct Berserk

Ssssssssssshhhhh the FSN fags are going to hear you the last time that i sat that they trow me a tesis of why FSN is a work that talks about the relatiionshib betwen a hero and the justice and why it was so deep and blah blah blah

A better question is "why" is a deconstruction needed in the first place? If you think that a genre "needs" a deconstruction you are doing it wrong.

You don't start out an anime with the thought of, "let's make a deconstruction!" Or at least I would hope not. It makes you appear as if you are trying too hard.

What do you mean by deconstructing Berserk? Anyone could write a critique on Berserk and it's themes.

Do you mean a "deconstruction" of fantasy adventure shows in general?

>deconstruction
That is just a fancy way of saying "grab whatever is popular and make it edgy and pretending it's deep"
it's the absolute bottom of the barrel for anyone to do.

Hunter x Hunter? Sorta.

>make it edgy and pretend it's deep

I wouldn't describe Evangelion or Utena like this.

I would describe Elfen Lied or Akame ga Kill like that though.