Just watched the first episode of this...

Just watched the first episode of this. I can see why everyone likes it but I can't see why it's so obscure when it's at least a top 5 anime of this season (and last season)

Kukuri a CUTE

That's because it's just great, not fantastic.

And the chilidish artstyle might put off some fags.
Kukuri is very cute and also fat.

>That's because it's just great, not fantastic.
No.

It's kinda doing its own thing, without worrying whether it'll sell or become popular. It kinda makes you wonder why it's being made at all.

Dunno. Other than the "Eew, I can't watch kiddie shows" fags I don't know why people wouldn't love this. I guess severe shit taste is far more common than I dared hope.

Every single girl is cute and you'll likely want to sexualize every single one of them.

It's actually AOTY and it will never be popular in the west just because of its style, not like it's a bad thing.

It's not even popular in Japan though.

She has a hot ass.

No one expected it to be popular in japan so it's okay, the manga is doing okay from what I read so at least there's that.

They clearly spent quite a lot making the show look great. Why would they do that if they didn't expect it to be popular?

The manga ended over a decade ago.

There's a sequel.

>anime adaptation never ever

Because the sole reason this anime exists is to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the franchise, so I guess budget can go a bit higher than usual?

Who knows we might get something in 2042.

That's not how investing works.

I know but do you have a better idea as to why the animation is so good and everything? Sales are not doing great, I doubt figs and others products are doing amazing too, it's a late night anime so audience hardly matters, I don't get it but I won't complain because I love it.

Investing doesn't have to make sense.

See: Re:Creators

They clearly expected it to sell something, even if it wasn't BDs.

Investors want a return on their investment. That's the whole point. They might expect one for stupid reasons, but they do expect one.
>See: Re:Creators
I refuse.

>ikehata hiroshi directed the anime
>he also directed akiba's trip and sore ga seiyuu
It's like this guy makes great anime but none of them ever gets popular.

>Akiba's Trip

Somehow it all comes together. I love that show.

Honestly I blame the first episode for being so fast-paced. After 3 it gets a rhythm, but episode 1 is too chaotic and episode 2 is just already getting slower.
That and western anime watchers like edgy and trashy shit over something that looks kiddy

no wonder mahoujin ain't popular

I just watched the old series last year so it's still too fresh in my mind. I'm gonna wait a couple years to give this a watch.

Been meaning to pick it back up again for weeks now
Is this an edit?

No.

It's really different so you can give it a shot.

my dick

Picked back up with the force of a thousand suns

This one is the cutest. What's her name?

O VEY

Deshi

retards write it off as a kiddy show...

These are the same autists that watch boku no hero...

>...
Lurk more.

Kukuri is too cute

Don't open this.

I've downloaded all 19 episodes of this, but my backlog is so massive it may not be seen for months (or ever).

>she's not lost or anything
This ruins the joke. Stop explaining the fucking joke. It ruins it. 0/10

So I fixed it for you.

>all those words
This ruins the joke. Stop explaining the fucking joke. It ruins it. 0/10

So I fixed it for you.

Nice try, but your image is shit. Stop being embarrassed and take the tip without being a little shit.

Not enough fucking.

Ah, I knew you were the guy who originally made the image. Stop being butthurt.

Fucking not enough fucking.

Too fucking much.

This man deserves success.

Planano

Give her an ahego face.

I want to insert my platano into Planano.

Her friends and mom too.

I don't like these assiduous threads. The more threads there are, the more likely shitposters will come in.

and there it is

>had a dream i watched guru guru in my living room tv.

That's a weird dream. Do you not watch it on your living room tv?

Don't know how

I use Plex through my ps4 to watch Cockuri.

I understand your concerns but I disagree. There should always be a place to talk about the best thing ever

>cockuri
>not kokunny
Step your wordplay game up user

>Investors want a return on their investment. That's the whole point. They might expect one for stupid reasons, but they do expect one.
I dunno if you've noticed, but anime tends to get budget for the shit that you know full well won't sell.

Some people like to create good anime, even when they know their faggot audience won't buy it. This, for example, is why I expect a season two of MiA despite its relative lack of popularity.

Mia really isn't lacking popularity, anime sold pretty good and manga is quite popular so that's a bad example, but I understand your point.

Plug an hdmi cable from your laptop to the tv. Ez pz.

What is the cutest Kukuri scene, in Sup Forums's opinion?

All of them.

When turns into a semen demon

The kyaa~ one.

Kukuri likes old men!

I get my fill with the weekly thread. This thread is just a pathetic rehash of it. The risk outweighs the reward.

Those types of series are best. I get a S1 and S2 Milky Holmes vibe from this series

Especifically me!

The old doujins are best

The chocolate scene at the end of 19
>what sweet thing do i have

Oh no, does it change op and ed? This'll be my last time seeing it, then.

That's one weird Zaku.

>I know but do you have a better idea as to why the animation is so good and everything?
Good animation from a good budget is a meme. I forget which one, but maybe one or two years ago an anime came out with fantastic looking animation and people said "Wow! That show must have a huge budget to look that great!" Nope, it turned out that they actually were working with a regular, average budget that any studio was working with at the time.

The real qualifier for the quality of animation on a show is time and people. If you have a really good team that just gives a shit, then you're going to wind up with a fantastic looking show, damned be the budget. What usually kills a show's animation is their business model requires them to rush shit like crazy, which is why you get that quality dip like 3-4 episodes in until the final episode. The only thing a good budget does is guarantee a certain amount of time, but that's all moot if they rush anyways.

I mean, case in point, look at DBS. Do you really think ANYONE on the planet would turn down a budget request from Toriyama's team at this stage of the game? And yet look how shitty and garbage the animation is consistently.

>I can't see why it's so obscure
Its obscure only for filthy EOP who never got the chance to watch the other series.
For the rest of the world GuruGuru its a comedy fantasy classic, on par with Slayers or Excel Saga.

>Nope, it turned out that they actually were working with a regular, average budget that any studio was working with at the time.
One Punch Man? Apparently the animators had a blast with it and it really shows. It'll be a real punch in the gut if S2 ends up looking like shit considering this.

I'm about 80% sure it was OPM. I was going to mention it, but I had my reservations.

It was, I recall that incident as well. And yeah, the staff on OPM were incredible. There's virtually no chance season 2 will be as good if they don't have most of the same staff working on it.

>but I can't see why it's so obscure when it's at least a top 5 anime of this season (and last season)
No high school shit, boy and girl main couple who actually like each other, girl isn't a tsundere bitch, guy isn't a faggot, no misunderstandings, no middle school fedora level philosophy.

This show basically repels the shit eating retards on this board.

It has nothing to do with money, only time and skill. For the millionth time, good looking anime doesn't cost more to make than shit looking anime.

>It'll be a real punch in the gut if S2 ends up looking like shit considering this.
>JC Staff
>New director
Yeah we're fucked.

way to fuck up a nice joke.

>plex
>ps4
Oh vey, thanks for sharing your data, good goy

What kind of tv do you have? Some smart tv's can stream from PC's on your network, or if you have a laptop you can easily just hook up hdmi.

if this is a kid's show, why is Kukuri always so lewd??

What compels people to post like this?

lurk for two years before posting

Take your own advice.

In other words, you can't answer. It's okay, I'll answer for you. You're an immigrant who arrived to a shit board sometime during 2016. You decided to explore your surroundings and somehow found yourself on this board and on this thread. You see someone mention a product and a media server and think to yourself there it is! Since you can't upboat or downboat like you were accustomed to do, you do the next best thing your tiny brain can accommodate.
>Oh vey, thanks for sharing your data, good goy

>samefagging this hard to protect your ass
that's sad

Third party here, I'm kind of with him. I don't get the purpose or intent of that joke. Especially because plex is pretty much free anyways. At the risk of sounding like a shill, you get all the best features of it 100% free.

>Third party here
Sure thing kid.

If you know he's an escapee from you-know-where, why do you keep giving him attention?

We're not talking about a google product or a microsoft product, so your claims of botnet and telemetry don't really hold weight.