I don't think I've ever experienced anything as unpleasant as this anime...

I don't think I've ever experienced anything as unpleasant as this anime. It hurts too much to fathom the existence of that hellish world.

How do I recover? Did you feel it too?

Other urls found in this thread:

shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/wp-content/uploads/SSY-complete.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watch more anime faggot.

Is one of the best anime out there.

You have to read the manga and just fap your pain away.

It has been a long time since I've felt that sense of dread that makes me actually want to forget what I just saw, even if it was actually really well done. It hurts so much. Maybe I should just stick to my cute animes instead.

I mean, is there anything objectively more disturbing than Shin Sekai Yori?

>animes
>then asking for recs
Kill yourself.

>animes
Retard. Stick to another website.

It was kind of scary that American influence could still be seen in Japan hundreds of years later and even survived the almost end of humanity.

Not really. I actually expected them to explain what happened to the other nations. They couldn't have just suddently disappeared away.

They should have included more stuff about anything besides Japan.

the psychic abominations should just have died away desu.

did they ever release a good ending where they were successfully genocided?

Shut up, Squealer sympathizer.

I'd slowly torture you to death even if death of shame came to me later, senpai.

>is there anything objectively more disturbing than Shin Sekai Yori?

Yes and it is called Pupa

>Sacrificing ones who stopped clapping

Jeb Bush turned into a tyrant after he made it to presidency, huh?

my existence is infinitely worse

Imagine, being this physically retarded....

Gosh, you sure it isn't going to try too hard to be gritty?
Yet the plot kind of arouses me for some reason.

Did anyone ever bring attention to how fucked up the utopia's way of dealing with ogres was? Basically, they lived extremelly shitty lives to the point of becoming school shooters, but got killed without even the thought of rebelling against their shitty lives occured. Basically, being born on the wrong place and wrong time garanteed you a life of nothing but misery and a shit death in the end.

I just love how no one talks about this bullshit.

The final arc sucks

>ogre

Who thought that was better than "fiend"?

I fucked up and had to go through lots of different translations of the anime. In fact, I didn't really get the colonies war properly because the names kept changing.

aspies

it's a really cheap edgelord shit nowhere nearly comparable to the dread of SSY's setting

I always thought it weird that they never thought of a way around tricking the backlash. If what triggers it is that they killed something they recognized as human, then non-humans like the computer can trigger it, while actual humans won't depending on perception. So here's the trick, isolate the fiend and stop it from moving like that one guy did. Find some random people who aren't aware of what's going on and get them to throw fire or rocks or something at the immobilized fiend, Get the to run off before they see what they actually killed.

Have you watched Texhnolyze?

Basically, put it in a sack and tell people to beat the queer rat pinata.

It would be very hard to pull that off though. It must have worked in some instances, but it's just not that easy.

HE

DIDN'T

DO

ANYTHING

WRONG

>unpleasant as this anime

I agree, it is the second worst series I have ever seen, and I have seen 1000+ series. I don't say that to claim I have superior taste or knowledge of anime, but just to show the statistical significance of its abysmalness.

Texhnolyze mercy killed the setting off.
SSY shows the ultimate dread because nothing will change, the setting will stagnate, innocents will be killed and tortured for generations to follow and Saki herself is rising new future child killers.

maoist propaganda

Yep. The utopian society Saki lives through is meant to be a exaggerated parallel to modern Japanese society. The entire novel is actually. Hence why the source material won an award for sci-fi.

Saki's schoolgirl days are intended to be a harsh criticism of the brutal Japanese education system and it's habit of inculcating institutional abuse of children and bullying in the name of maintaining collectivist harmony. Saki living in a society where she literally will not have a future if she doesn't perform up to cantus standards reflects the fears of real world Japanese teenagers who experience similar anxiety regarding academics.

Their memories being wiped is an exaggerated parallel to the real world where these students are essentially gaslit into forgetting these sorts of things. It's only years after graduation that she finally comprehends the totality of the system, but by then she's become part of the institution itself, and so, like all adults in the west and east, comes to the conclusion that its a form of necessary evil.

As for the Ogre's, who are a stand in for school shooters and other child criminals. Notice how the story presents them as being far away and in the distant past, sort of like how people reflect on them in the real world. The ogre as a plot device represents both the child criminals in Japan, and the school shooters in America they presumably hear about on the news.

Explain to me what's so awful about it? It may be a dystopia but at least it's a beautiful, comfy and sheltered dystopia.

That's an interesting interpretation but I'm not sure I believe it was 100% the intention of the story.

Not at all. That's the thing about SSY. It's a proper novel. There are probably multiple themes. There are probably themes for each act.

>That's why I deserve to die
>die
laughingpsychics.png

Indeed, I actually forgot how heavily the anime's themes derives from japanese tradition and history, which was a beautiful touch. I feel a little better now knowing such a helllish reality may have a positive impact on the real world. God, it still hurts too much.

I thought that Texhnolyze was worse

>Cherry Blossom Empire

I feel like rewatching this now.

I come from a Russian education system that was exactly the same. The setting didn't even bother me because it felt so close to reality, and to me being bad at school was always a fate similar to death anyway. Must be nice to be an American and feel such innocent horror at this type of system, and I say that without a hint of malice.

>tfw in the end, Saki tried to kill herself via feedback by killing squealer
>couldn't even see him as a human in the end, even after all she's been through
kino

Are you retarded? That was literally hell.
But to be honest, the thing that is eating me alive really is the ultimate punishment. I mean, that's a lot of pain nerves. Now feeling up stuff in my nerve receptors is gonna give me some bad vibes for some time.

I mean, he wasn't even unjustified in doing what he did. The psychics were just being horrendously petty. The fact that this is something that isn't completely unreal and has been attempted in ancient history makes me question if living life is safe at all. My only hope is that the real reason they did that was to use the sentence as a scarecrow for eternity, so it wasn't as petty and in vain as it actually was.

I am seriously disturbed by this, user.

Squealer did NOTHING wrong

Is the LN translated?

That's not kino at all, true kino would've been Saki dying to free Squealer. Now the shitty human stays the same and everyone just turns a blind eye and tries to forget everything, nothing changed.

SSY is also the only anime that ever nailed horror for me, and that's because it perfectly captures the specific sensation of something being wrong, but everybody around you pretending it isn't. The scenes where the kids tried to remember the actual version of events, but couldn't because everything else in reality contradicted their memories, were amazing,

Look I'm not saying it's fine or acceptable. All I'm saying is that it's not the worst as far as dystopias go. If I were to choose between being born in the SSY world or, say, the world of 1984, I would choose SSY a thousand times over.

I find the loli stuff to be very disturbing. Makes me VERY uncomfortable. I’ve dropped at least 5 great animes because of a loli character that is sexualized. Why the hell would I want to see that?

but that's the point, of hopelessness and an irreparable damage done

the only thing saki could do was write a letter for future descendants in hopes for a change in the future

he did nothing wrong

epic dude gonna get like one hundred replies

>1984
So it gets WORSE? Is that novel as well made as SSY though?

you kiddin me

Dude just read it, it's a great novel and entry level /lit/ too, it won't take much of your time and if you liked SSY you'll at least find it interesting.

the part where they were running from the infiltrated queerats was pretty spooky too

>Woah, so Queerats were biologically humans all along?
>Damn, we might of been in the wrong here
>meh, nah
>ok

The American education system isn't scary only because it's hilariously broken beyond redemption. When I watch the first act, I saw an orderly well-funded school system filled with eager ethnically homogeneous students. Different perspectives I guess.

Novel. Not light novel. I have a fan translation here.
shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/wp-content/uploads/SSY-complete.pdf

>laughing at "we are human"
>several smug non-humans in the audience
uhu

statistically you'd have a higher chance of being a queerat than a psychic if you were born in the SSY world. there are several orders of magnitude more rats than psychics

Oh right I forgot it was an actual novel

>subhuman non magical shit stains they can't accept they are inferior
>ruin everything for the normal people

Almost like niggers and woman.

>the "normal people" are the 0.001% of the total population
uh huh

I'm not the type of guy that Squealer is, I'd just try my best to live out my days doing queerat shit and not being bothered by anyone.

I still don't get how did the psychic faggots could shield their empathy to anything that isn't specifically labeled as "human". Satoru was being a real piece of shit towards the end. It's not that I don't understand or that I doubt it, but those fictional characters really pissed me off.

i think it's well established at this point that only bigots and racists disagree with Squealer

I wanted to hear more stories about the rest of humanity
They can't be all dead or turned into rats

But think about this particular thought:
There is a small chance you'd be born as him, with his temperament and everything else.

Until some random retard high up in the cantus society's hierarchy decided that your colony was an eyesore and needed to be eradicated for some arbitrary reason, which seems to happen all the time

SSY touched on some important aspect of our societies that only manage to empathize with what we judge to be close or similar to ourselves

She didn't try to kill herself using the death feedback. She killed him because she didn't believe he deserved to suffer.

Even ignoring the humans you would've been oppressed by a mentally unstable Queen and living under her tyranny as a slave your entire life. Squealer took action.

This. Who the fuck said Saki was trying to kill herself? That'd be fucking selfish. She euthanized Squealer because she thought he suffered enough

So Saki works with the cats now?

didnt like the karma demon shoehorned into being relevant at the end

didnt like MC

thought the "oh those two are actually dead" was a joke until I started reaching the end

show had a lot more potential

Are the lyrics for the three parts of Kage no Denshouka transcribed anywhere?

>didnt like the karma demon shoehorned into being relevant at the end
The girl wasn't a Karma demon. She was a human with cantus who broke the death feedback by being unable to recognize she's human herself. This is shown by the fact that she attacks her own reflection at one point.

I choose to believe that he was already dead a long time ago due to pain overload, which is something that happens and the psychics didn't really have the means to predict and control. Besides, he would have lost conciousness a long time ago too, so he was just a piece of meat by the time Saki went to stabilish her protagonist redemption. I really want to believe that his suffering wasn't actually the ultimate indeed.

Saki died during childbirth.

Even if they could somehow prevent his brain from frying they would need a Cantus user looking at that piece of meat 24/7

>It hurts too much to fathom the existence of that hellish world.
What do you mean, our world isn't so different. WW2 was just a few decades ago, it was recent enough that there's still plenty of people around who experienced it first hand. In fact, you don't even need to go that far, just look around you. Don't be a whiny faggot.

The only issue with this is that we aren't made aware of the surgical specifics that the cantus humans used to render Squealer in that way. We also aren't privy to squealers physiology or neurology to know if this is possible or likely for him. The cantus users are however. They possessed the ancient knowledge of how he was designed, and it was they who specified in scientific terms they would prolong his suffering indefinitely.

Although your sentiment is comforting, it's unlikely given the knowledge the author provided us.

No she doesn't. Shut the fuck up.

You mean you'd find acceptable to live in a world where ultimate punishment is actually viable and not even that hard. You're a madman.

Just be glad you didn't have to live in the time where you'd unknowlingly get into one of pic related.

>Saki living in a society where she literally will not have a future if she doesn't perform up to cantus standards reflects the fears of real world Japanese teenagers who experience similar anxiety regarding academics.

I never noticed that, thanks for that interpretation, Sup Forumsnon.

Shut up, user. I want to believe those psychniggers fucked up like they always do.

Besides, neurology is just too far away for even them to master. They'd just fuck it up like they always do.

Scaphism is worse, in my opinion

We live in a world like that, or almost. Don't think for a moment torture doesn't happen in the modern world and isn't executed by the west.

The ending is comparably worse, you could argue otherwise but I'm inclined to think 1984 has a darker more bleak ending, but hey that's just me

God I love SSY threads. They're so comfy.

Nothing recent has come close to topping Virgin Soul for me. Mainly because of how good it looked and how much money they must have pissed away.

I still can't believe a soap opera writer was allowed to make a story about her self-insert and mary sue perfect oc donut steel husbando shitting all over the franchise non-stop in what must have been a multi-million dollar project.

it's just a feedback effect, don't worry too much about it.

Wrong thread pal.

Surely it's very comfy to discuss about a profoundly disturbing cartoon so we can not think about how horrible it really is and feel better about ourselves.

I-I kinda feel the comfiness.

Just read Punpun user. Everything will be better then.