What's your AOTS so far? Mine is Mahoutsukai no Yome

What's your AOTS so far? Mine is Mahoutsukai no Yome.

the worksafe request variety hour

What are you talking about?

Same. Glorious themes, setting, animation and OST. And two cour to boot, Wit Studio is great

Houseki no Kuni

Potatoes

Onyankopon.

Why do you care or even need to know? Fuck off.

(You)

these

Hard choice between Shuumatsu Ryokou, Sangatsu and Houseki no Kuni.

These +Houseki no Gender/ Ballroom.

This year/season was pretty good and winter seems to top it all off.

Girls' last tour but I will make an honorable mention to Konohana since nobody else has posted it yet.

3gatsu no Lion, with Maho no Yome in close second.

Pretty shitty season when the best you could name is a shoujo.
I'm watching Kujira, but it's getting weaker every episode.

I'm sorry that your shit taste prevents you from enjoying the wide variety of good shows this season.

>wide variety of good shows this season

Yes, that's what I said. Got a problem?

Please refrain from posting on this board until you've watched at least one hundred more anime and lurked for a couple years.

When did you stop enjoying things, user? I bet you didn't even try every show.

>normalfags everywhere
So this is what Sup Forums has become. I shouldn't have come back.

Every single anime is garbage. This is the worst season in all my years of watching anime.

Go back where you came from.

Last (You).

see you in a few hours user

Anyone who says this season doesn't have anything has garbage-tier taste. Magus, Gems, and SSR are great. Even Kino, Kujira, ELITO NEETO, and gay foxes are watchable.

Maybe things are lacking on the moe side, I dunno.

>shoujo
It's a shounen actually.

>Magus, Gems, and SSR
Jesus Christ.

>Kino
>the philosophical Kino's Journey employs the time-honored motif of the road trip as a vehicle for self-discovery and universal truth. Deeply meditative and cooler than zero, the series follows the existential adventures of...
Pretentious and pseudo-intelectual garbage.

>Kujira
Pretty boys with yaoi undertones The Anime.

>gay foxes
Haven't seen it, but I'm guessing yuribait.

user, get some taste holy shit.

Not him, but show me a single fight or scene that would appeal to young boys.

So you haven't actually watched any of the shows user listed?

blood blockade or gembutts, haven't been watching anything else

It comes from a shounen magazine. It's a shounen. Also
>implying magic fights and fairy titties don't appeal to young boys

get out of Sup Forums

>I haven't watched these but they're bad
(You)

The ones I haven't watched is Elit Classroom, which I didn't list, and the foxes, which I stated I didn't.

Either Mahoutsukai or Garo.

I really wanted to like this show. I love the visuals and the setting seems interesting but I just don't find Elias or Chise interesting in the slightest. Might revisit it after it finishes.

So what are your actual arguments against Mahoutsukai, Gembutts and SSR?

Notice how he doesn't have arguments against the rest either. He hasn't seen them, or he's baiting. Probably both, just don't reply.

>Mahoutsukai
It's a repetitive story which is made to appeal to lonely japanese girls with daddy fetish. Later in the manga you can see it follows a pretty repetitive formula.

>Gembutts
Abomination made to bait waifufags, yurifags, and yaoifags. I guess this is the future of anime.

>SSR
Disguised moeshit is still moeshit.

Im new to this shit and watching Ghost in the Shell. Enjoying the ride is an understatement

Garo, and it's not even close.

gb2 gaia

>Not being a lonely Japanese girl with a daddy fetish

Wow your life must suck user

It's like you don't know anything about Houseki so you had to go off of what you glanced at while passing the threads.

Sad to hear you're not having fun this season like the rest of us. Oh well.

>Abomination made to bait waifufags, yurifags, and yaoifags. I guess this is the future of anime.
It's popular because it's story driven, look at the amount of black boxes per threads, it looks like a muvluv thread.

Shit would have been so much better if they just didnt go back to the whale when they left at the end of the first ep.
Then mabey return near the end of the series when they learn its under attack or something.

Well, it's not a crime to like it. Have fun by all means.

Don't lie to me as if I haven't seen it.

Gembutts, SSR, Leet-Neet are top 3 for me.

I am presently surprised at how decent Imouto and Himouto are.

Gembutts is flopping hard so it has no future

>fujos are the target audience, all the advertisement it gets is on fujo magazines
>fujos dont care because instead of cute boys it has some weird gem creatures of dubious gender
>Its full 3DCG shit

Never had a chance

>let's make some girls and have them call themselves male
The classic example of chasing two rabbits.

Nothing truely stands out yet. Inuyashiki is entertaining. Yuyuyu is ok action +cute. Osomatsu is hit or miss. Everything else is boring or so unremarkable I cant think of it right now.

So why is it outselling everything this season that's not idolshit?

Its not oustelling the AOTS (Magus Bride)

>full 3DCG shit
You're only hurting yourself by not giving it a chance.

Also, some madman single-handedly funded S2 by buying a $30k phosphophyllite necklace.

That water looks bad, liquids is one of those things 3D will never pull correctly.

>it's getting weaker every episode
>with the abyss in quality that was episode 3
It has only been improving since then.

Season is pretty shit overall. Probably Houseki since its the only inspired show we have. Almost everything else is just the same shit with a different coat of color, and in case of Kino its just so much worse than the original (not like the original was exceptional to begin with). 2017 really peaked hard in Spring.

spring was ultrashit dude

An average anime episode cost like a million yen. CG is even more expensive.

By introducing a bunch of one dimensional characters, which they are obviously planning to kill off in the next episode for drama...sure. It's going to be episode 3 all over again. Not to mention a bunch of other problems.

Elite Classroom is last season you dumbass.

By 100 copies. Its rank is even higher than Magus on broadcast day.
It is selling more than every other show that is neither a sequel or an idol show, and it has not even reached episode 8 yet.

Lol this is the best season in like the last five years. I'll never understand why cynicism is so fashionable on this fuckin board.

Easy (You)s

Aside from the waves the ocean is hand-drawn. In fact every single background in this show is hand-drawn.

Gembutts
>Best OP
>Best ED
>Best CG
>Best voice acting
>Best animation (thank god they didn't make it 15 fps like Knights of Sidonia)
>Most interesting setting
>Roundest butts

Why would I criticize my own argument?

>Lol this is the best season in like the last five years.
user, you can't possibly mean this. Please tell me you just got serious about anime.

>In fact every single background in this show is hand-drawn.
They missed the most important part: the actual characters

>AOTS
Delicious template bait thread.

>hoseki no Kuni
>Inuyashiki
>Just Because (Better than most Drama/romance)
>Juuni Taisen
>Fuckin' Kino
>Magus Bride
>Girls Last Tour

Most of these shows I listed are consistently delivering at least 7/10 level episodes.
No I'm not an entry level fuck, and I say with full confidence that there hasn't been a season in a while with this many above average shows airing.

A well-deserved mention. Yuzu is a miracle of the universe.
Otherwise, 3-gatsu, Mahoutsukai no Yome and Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko are the front-runners so far.

The only good one from that list is Inuyashiki.

Juuni Taisen is shit, but the rest are okay.

I will admit that Just Because is definitely one of the more controversial ones I named, and certainly a hard sell. But I still dig it all the same.

The fact that the ED fucking shows me which characters are going to die next is really infuriating, but I still like it more than fate.

Best character died the first episode.

I disagree with a few but it definitely has the best atmosphere and probably the best story of anything this season.

Quoting the Director:
>I believe it was two years ago, around the time I was working on GATE, that I was approached by (Katsuhiro) Takei from TOHO. Upon reading the original manga, I was left with the impression that it would be difficult to surpass it by just copying what was on the page panel by panel, and that if we were to animate it, it should be done in CG. I replied as such, but it seems as though that had been Takei-san’s intentions all along. I felt that it would provide new challenges on a technical level as well, so I think it was also a match for the work’s style in that sense.
>Instead of having traditional animation as the base and trying to capture that feel with CG, I had always wanted to try starting with CG and making the 2D animation approach the CG. I thought it’d be a good fit for Land of the Lustrous. I think this is what led to the show’s distinctive look and feel.
Still, even if you hate CG, read the manga, because it's a legitimately good series.

It's the fucking zodiac. Bit late to spoil that.
The main problem for me was the shitty characters who got rubbish backstories and then died. Why would I give a shit who wins anyway?

TOP TIER
in no particular order
>Houseki no Kuni
>Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
>URAHARA
>Mahoutsukai no Yome

OKAY TIER
>Garo - Vanishing Line
>Inuyashiki
>Net-juu no Susume this really dropped the ball though

DROPPED TIER
>Konohana Kitan
>Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau
>Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru
>Kino no Tabi (2017)

>URAHARA
>Top Tier
Why? Did it get better or something?

Has to be the nananchi show. i think i got that right. Right?
Is that actually good? I assumed it was yaoi bullsh*t. I went to the con this year outside toronto, just outside AN 2017 was the yaoi thing and i stopped in for a look at a panel discussion on the ice skating show, on ice, i can't remember the name.

>>Was great would go again.
Never did watch the show though.

Compared to last season, there are a lot more watchable shows. Last season sucked hard as a night shift worker who uses new daily anime to burn time.

he doesn't need to have watched 100 more anime, just watched 80% of the top 100 rated anime on MAL.

Otherwise how would you know it wouldn't be all ecchi harem shit.

Urahara last episode might have made it my AOTS, conteders for me so far are:
Inuyashiki
Shoujo Shuumatsu
Urahara

It was good from the start.

>Made In Abyss
Now that's a good anime. Worth probably all the anime this season put together, sans Inuyashiki.

Yeah, but i'm pretty sure it's not this season though. I always get confused on the since i usually wait till the seasons over, so i miss the ongoing discussions.

Trying something new this time so im checking in here.
Mahoutsukai,
Gembutts
SSR
Inuyashiki
Shoujo Shuumatsu (SSR?)
Urahara

>>Should be good right?

My niggas.
Please stop eating those sukuupa sweets.

Dunno what you mean, watching Urahara have been orgasmic since the beginning and last episode added a pretty cool twist.

I don't think there's a single great show this season, but that's okay. Mahoutsukai no Yome seems to be the best. It's a very enjoyable 7/10.

Inuyashiki, Sand Whales and Konohana Kitan are my biggest disapointments.

Shrimp & co. did nothing wrong.
Desu na

I just felt that the story was dragging too much and it just felt boring. The shrimp was really annoying as well. I think I dropped it back in episode 4 or 5.

Add Just Because in there.

>I just felt that the story was dragging too much
I had the same opinion about the show, after episode 3 it kinda just become another monster of the week thing, I still enjoyed it but I was expecting much more, and now the craziness I was expecting for is actually happening, I really hope the show just go uphill(in craziness) from this point onwards.

The basic ideas are decent but the execution of everything is awful. None of the fights or character interactions are exciting to watch.